Team 17 = sisters of slim =official thread =

No cake here, but I have just made amazing cherry cookies, OMG, why do I do this to myself, also made some wheat free pastry, well thats what the recipe said, not so sure,lol.
Dont follow my poor example, continue to be good girlies, take care all.

Penny - step away from the cherry cookies!!!! Put them down slowly and back away from the kitchen! Or alternatively, jump in the car and bring them to me, I'll "hide" them from you!!!

Hey Shazza, I'm on day 3 of 100% ss too and i feel great! Am seriously tired today though but feeling very positive. And yes Julie, I'm freezing cold too but cant be back in keto yet either (maybe tomorrow) - i've been really cold since starting cd in October and even when i've fell off the wagon i still never warm up. My sis in law did cd years ago and she said she's never warm now, always got cold feet and hands. Can just see me now, height of the summer, everyone wandering about in shorts (ok, maybe not quite, Scotland never gets that warm!) and me sitting huddled up in a cardy, 3 pairs of socks and some mittens! But i'll be slim so am hoping i wont care about the stares and funny comments!!!

Off for a peeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

dxx

ps - I might get my car back tomorrow - yippeeee!!!!

Hey debs,I thought it was always cold and snowy in scotland even in the summer,is that not right then?
Bet if you came to visit us you would be boiling and couldnt stand the heat!!
Have you always lived there?and which part of scotland are you in?If I could stand the long drive I could get andy to bring me up in our camper for a holiday and I could meet you,Ive always fancied going to scotland it looks really pretty on the telly,when Ive seen it on bargain hunt!!
As for the cherry things penny tut tut!!
I phoned sally earlier to see if she could weigh me friday instead of going to the group tomorrow as they have a child protection course at the nursery between 6 and 8 and I wanted to go to that,but I dont think she was too happy about it,something to do with group dynamics and missing a session,also,It would have meant going friday afternoon to dover and im there in the morning so dont really want 2 trips so Im going to the group still.Actually are you working friday pen?Im in dover in the morning about 11.30 til 1.30pm.
xx

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Yea, i think i will have to invest in Bridgett Jones pants :D any funny enough i never had the tyre until i had my son John who has just turned 19, and he dosnt appreciate my body wreck on his behalf (or anything else :mad:) either... he is currently trying to join the army :cry: as he was going to Uni to do Computer Science, but does not want the debt it will bring and the Army will see him through his degree and he gets paid... so its a no brainer apparantly :confused: Never mind that
he may end up in a war zone... why dont kids listen to you :mad::sigh: grrrr !!!
And i also have Tom who is 14 and Jed who is a (snotty nosed 3 yr old :8855:)
So I am thinking my tyre is gonna be with me deflated or not eh :rolleyes:

I have been reading your posts from Xmas time.... funny, really making me laugh :8855:

Well my OH Steve is scowling coz i am tap tap tapping and the footie is on :eek:
How dare i disturb England :D

So I am gonna go now and talk to a wall or summat, as now the boys are all in here and i will get grunts untill the match is over :sigh:

love me
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha shazza your life sounds like mine!!I have kayleigh who is just coming up for 19,she is a hairdresser like me,but she is really lazy so her career choice is to have a baby which is due in June,she found out yesterday she is having a boy....at first I was not happy about her having a baby, but now Im looking forward to it.I love babys!!My next one down is 14,next is 11,then last is my love child(andy had the snip and it obviously didnt work)he is 3,so we have the same sort of age gaps,its great having older ones when you have a little one though,as they can babysit haha!!Kayleigh thinks when she has this baby im gonna have it so they can go out.........WRONG.......shes gonna have charlie so we can go out!!
I also have andy who stares and huffs,puffs and tuts at me constantly when I am on here,he gets computer rage as he wants to get on here and play games,which is obviously far more constructive than anything I do on here!!He uses wanting to talk to his daughter on msn as an excuse,he says 'I just wanna see if shes on'she hardly ever is,he then hogs the computer,so i am not really around in the evenings,its not worth the aggro!!
Right anyway,this morning at last....drum role please....I have a pink stick...thank god...that has taken me all week,but at last its there!!
Right off to work,have a good day everyone
xx

jealous jealous jealous - no pink stick yet for me - fingers crossed tomorrow will be pink day but i thought i'd be there today. :sigh: Day 4 of 100% SS for me - yippee - feelin gooooood!!!!

Julie I'd love it if you came to scotland for your holibags - its it lovely here, if a bit wet and cold at times! It doesnt quite snow in summer - lol - but the last couple of summers have not been good. I stay in Stirling which is between Edinburgh and Glasgow - quite a historic wee place with lots of lovely scenery close by and its not too bad a place to be. I've always lived in Scotland, was born in Edinburgh and moved to Stirling when i was about 4 i think - obviously with my folks, i didnt leave home at age 4!

Well the snow has just started here again today - oh no, its actually stopped again!! Whats the weather like everywhere else this week?

Off to glugg water :waterbottle: and then have got a yucky all morning meeting to go to with the boss so i'd better prepare! :wave_cry:

dx

Hi girls,debs Im still none the wiser haha!!Im such a div I only know of endiburgh rock!!Is it sort of south scotland or right up the top,how long do you think it would take in a vw camper that only does 50mph!!I think if we were to head up that way,we would do it over about 3 days up and 3 back then stay wherever for a week.If you look at map of uk we are bottom right where are you?I know we would be going past soola and shazza on the way so Id have to stop off and say hi to them blimey would andy be chuffed haha!!I am watching the meetings and events forum to see if there are any meets not too far away we could all do in a day,if I see anything I will let you all know,shazza I think there is a birmingham one I may be wrong as Im doing it from memory and that aint good!!
Serena,Ive been keeping an eye on your thread,you must be well chuffed with all the comments...deservedley so though hun,bet youve done really well this week,may catch you tonight,if you dont leg it before I get there!!Are you just doing 810 now or are they putting you up to 1000 for the next week,dont really know how long each stage lasts,just cant wait til im there,(gets out whip and smacks backside!!)
Right enuff waffling from me
xx

Hey Girls,
How we all doing ??
Julie, well done getting a pink stick :D
I threw mine away, as i found as soon as i got it pink i ate summat, so it was like i was rewarding myself for getting into Keto :confused: so now i wont know, but if i am a good girl, which i have been woohooo 4 days 100% :rolleyes: i rekon i wont be far away!!

I do have one worry though, my hair is falling out quite badly :cry: everytime i wash it the plug hole is blocked by my hair.... any ideas what i can do about it.. or is it just one of those things :confused: I mean, it will grow back eh ??

Well I'm off, gotta help big boy pack his stuff for his weekend away with the army, no more loud music YAY !! (well not 100% true as Tom plays his music, but at least his has words !!)

Be good girls, and Penny.... keep away from the cookies ;)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Shazza hope you're ok, well done on 4 days 100% that's awesome!

I've had a problem with hair loss, bought some Lush shampoo about 3 weeks ago and it seems to have helped slightly: https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?pa...tegory_id=487&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80,

I also take hair & nails vitamins, Sainsbury's do their own version at 1/3 price of Perfectil.

Hope everyone else has had a good day, Julie how did you get on luvvi? I lost another 2lbs at tonight's WI so am happy with that :)

Hi girls
Shazza I think I might throw my sticks away,as I tend to become obsessive with them,and test all the time,this frustration in not getting a pink stick has led to me eating,maybe the less I know the better,I tested before I went to the group last night and it was neutral,no trace nothing,then when I was there I tested again and it was pink!!Well done on sticking with ss bet youre going to have a really good weight loss this week.
Serena well done on the 2lbs,there you go,so the eating part hopefully isnt worrying you any more,are you doing 810 this week aswell?
I got some clothes out of the clothing exchange at the club yesterday,I am in a size 14 jeans now,all be it stretchy ones,may get my needle and cotton out and extend the label so it hangs out of the back of them.They may be yours serena!!haha!!I got the strops cos rosie was taking all our photos,I had shoved on some trousers that were too big,but very light and a thermal vest and I looked awful,I asked her if she could take mine next week but she said no,so I rummaged about in the room and found something else to wear,so I had my photo done in the clothes and came home in them,god knows what andy thought!!
I lost 4 last night,so thats good,Ive lost 13lbs in the 4 weeks only a 1lb short of the 14lb target,if I pull my socks up I can still do the 3 stone in 12 weeks.......come on girl!!
Right so my results are

Julie was 13.4.......lost 4.....now 13.0 ..

Please copy and paste your losses girlfriends

Hope everyone is well
catch you later
xx

Last edited:
Debs was 13.12.....lost 0.....now 13.12 :cry:

hopefully thats me posting my last sts as i am determined to have a loss next week, albeit its not looking like a big one!

I was so sure i'd be in keto this morning that i leapt out of bed, raced to the loo (more so as i was depserate for a wee than anything else!), only to discover that i have no ketostix left! am not sure i'm goign to bothe rbuying anymore though cos i place too much on them too. I am with you Shazza, i see a pink stick as a reason to reward myself, and like Julie, a neutral stick is frustration enough to make me want to eat too!!

Anyhoo - day 5 and still going strong - long may it last!

Julie, well done on the size 14's - and who gives a rats ass if they are stretchy - they're a size 14 girl!!!!! Serena, well done on another 2lbs off n- its good to knwo that even when you start moving up the weight still comes off. Penny and Soola, hope you are both well. Soola, I hope you're not on that treadmill 24/7 and fading away to a waif!! And PEnny, i hope you havent got lost in cherry cookies - especially if you're not passing them around your sisters!!!

Julie, if there is a meet that we can all manage to I'd be up for that!!! As for where I am - I'm not sure! I think we're Central Scotland - not sure if that helps any! Edinburgh is east coast and Glasgow is west and Stirling is in the middle of the two. Trying to think of places nearby that you'll have heard off - Bannockburn (as in the battle of) is in Stirling, we're about 35 miles from Perth and 60 odd from Dundee (home of Dennis the Menace), about 3 hours drive up from Newcastle. not sure if any of that is helping or just confuddling you further my luv! I've driven to Cornwall before - is that near you? Haha, my geography is not a strong point either!!

Oh, and I nearly forgot! Drum roll please, fanfare of trumpeting trumpets (bring on the trumpets!!!!)!!!!!!!!

I GOT MY CAR BACK LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D :7600::clap::banana dancer::character00182::shifter::0clapper::thankyouthankyou:

dx

Hey Girlies

Fab news about your car Debs! I'd be so lost wothout mine so I really felt your pain...let's hope it doesn't conk out on you again. Well done you on day 5 aswell, fingers crossed that your next WI is a good one.

Congrats on 4lbs loss Julie, that's really great. Sounds like a very good idea to forget about ketostix, like you say all they do is either give people permission to "get away with" picking or send them off on a cheat...spend the money on a tub of mix a mousse instead...yum! By the way if your new jeans are flapping around your knees then yes they'll be mine :D Size 14 eh...mega congrats, I remember you telling me ages ago that although you wanted to get there you weren't hopeful you'd actually do it so well done you - you'll be really tiny by the time the 12 weeks is up!

Hope everyone else is having a good day - it's nearly the weekend! Yay!! xxx

Last edited:
Hi you two,
Well debs,Im so chuffed for you getting your car back,that must feel good,so hopefully thats cheered you up enough to concentrate on the diet now as that worry has gone.You must be in keto if you jumped out of bed and RAN to the bathroom,I just sort of stagger,usually still wearing my ear plugs ive had in for the night,I had some wax ones once and i couldnt find them anywhere in the bed,they were stuck to andys back..nice!!Well I asked andy last night how long it would take to drive to scotland,the answer was....a bloody long time,so that helped!!We are actually nowhere near cornwall hun,in fact it would take 5 or 6 hours to drive there!!we are on the opposite side of the country,but,how long did it take you to get there?It would probably take much the same time.
Serena,thanx for the jeans even if they arent yours I will say thanks anyway!!Did you have those photos of you in the jumper and jeans taken at cdc or did ralph take them?I remember thats what you were wearing last week so just wondered really.If you look at your photos from xmas do and now look at the difference in your collar bones its unbelievable.
Right off again now
xx

Did you have those photos of you in the jumper and jeans taken at cdc or did ralph take them?

Ralph took the photos for me, just happened to wear that top/jeans to CDCs as well. I'm going clothes shopping in Canterbury tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to increase on the 3 or so outfits that fit me at the moment! xx

Debs was 13.12.....lost 0.....now 13.12
Penny....no WI this week,sorry.

Debs so happy you have your car back thats excellent news.
Serena congrats on your fab loss you must be so very pleased, I know Iam for you.
Angie, I hope your ok darling.
Shazza, hope alls well with you to.
Julie, you ickle star, what a fantastic loss, and in 14's, didnt I tell you how different you look now.
OK, still not on the diet, think it would be a good idea if you advertise for a new member, for your weekly weigh in figures,as I wont be having a wi, for a while, due to money running out, almost totally.I still want to be part of the team, and I know that I keep playing you around, but a bill has just come in, I hadnt expected, why does everything come down to money.

Hi Serena darling, If you see me in canterbury tomorrow, avoid me, as I intend to be drunk and very silly, and in possession of a mini wok all of my own, have you used yours yet.

Huggles darling :hug99:

It's tough with the money thing but that doesn't mean you can't be good with watching your calories or whatever, you have worked so hard to get where you are now...I'd be really upset if you regained the weight, not because of letting anyone down (because you wouldn't have done) but simply because you are so damned hard on yourself that I am worried you might spiral into feeling negative about yourself. Sorry if that sounds really negative or patronising, and I know from bitter experience that it's way easier said than done, but it doesn't have to be all or nothing and I really care about you hunni xxx

Just lost another post, due to my doggie thinking he can type, well he cant, so there!!!!
Basically, I havent had a valentines day for 4 yrs, and I WANT ONE, cris shocked me today, by bring me in card today, to prove that he wont have to run out and get one tomorrow morning, I havent got him one, opps.
However, I have spent the entire day tidying and cleaning the house, got myself all done up, ready to go out for a drink as planned, and Iam here, typing this post instead, after the lovely cris gave one of. my dogs a lump of mud to play with, in my clean house, I generally not happy

Back