Team 2012 =]

StayGoldxOx

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new liiife, for us :)

*Ahem* sorry about that!

TEAM 2012

StayGoldxOx
Dublinrose
x_Champagne_Supernova_x
Sushidoll85
Niamhs
Trefoil
Ljohnson9889
Caroline 1985
Chelemad
Niamhs
Galaxy-Girl
NatalieR
Nissi
MrsK87
Squiffs
KiK
GraceMiren
iwillbeaskinnyminnie
ems789
jillz
Dee89
boofle
Knocksmallmum

[Please Message below if you would like to join.]

The basic idea of these teams involves supporting one another on our weight loss journeys.
Acting as a support and guidance system for one another on a weekly basis.

If you are unsure of how things work, the rules & scoring system please read the first post here ; http://www.minimins.com/weight-watchers-teams/131807-teams-how-join-please-read-last-post.html

As no one is active there at the moment I know some people are a bit anxious to join a team for the New Year (I know I am) I've set up this team. A new start for 2012. (Hopefully this isn't breaking any rules :O lol)

So I guess we should all start by introducing ourselves.

My name is Amii and I'm a crisp-o-holic. I'm 19 years old and I'm a Flight Attendent. My weight is currently 11st 7 and 3/4 lbs. With my BMI indicating that I'm overweight a trip to the doctors made me really want to give this a go. I'm hoping that this year I'll lose 30 Lbs. Maybe a little less. I really need a kick up the bum to do this so hopefully having a support group such as this will really help. I've tried to eat healthier but I had not got the motivation.
I'm going to make 2012 my year and I hope you all will too :)

Lets make 2012 our year guys :)

Last edited:
Hi I'm Maggie...34 yrs old and work as a counsellor part time and am in college the rest. I'm doing my first WI tomorrow so no idea how much I weigh or have to lose but I think its around 3.5 stone. :cry:

Really really need to do this cause I am sick of being fat. I'm also worried about the long term impact on my health. My mum had a minor heart attack last summer and the doctors told us that only the fact she is fit, healthy and slim saved her life. He more or less told me if I don't get my act together I could have a heart attack myself in the next 10 years. And I want to hopefully have another baby :)

I only found this site a few weeks ago and feel with the support here I can actually do it. I'm so fed up of stopping and starting, this year I want to lose the weight for good.

Hey, My name is Charlene and I'm a chocoholic. :( I'm a 23 year old competition addict who's too fussy to hold down a job! I currently weigh 11st 0.9lbs, BMI 29 which i think is classified as obese :(((. I've been doing WW for the last year but fell off the wagon and put on a stone! My goal is 7st 7lbs and i plan on treating myself to Disneyland after i reach it! Though I'll be extremely happy when i get to 9stone cos ill be a healthy weight for the first time in my life!! Hope this team thing helps keep me motivated!!

Welcome :D
God this feels like an AA meeting ;)

We can do it no problem!! Just gotta stick together guys.

Any meal ideas? or thoughts on WW in general?
I find I'm eating more :/ don't know if thats a good thing!
My weigh in is on Mondays. Doing it alone at home. I have the WW scales. (Bane of my life :'( )

Good luck everyone

can i join team please

Hi Every one

Can I join you guys ?! Need all the motivation I can get ... fresh start for 2012!

I am going it along with weight watchers, weighing in at home, Im 25 years old and planning on losing just over a stone to reach my goal weight of 10 st 7 lbs !

Im also a chocoholic and also a vodka lover lol I refuse to give up my weekend drinks so tend to combat this with hitting the gym - my new years resolution is to get fit and healthy!

Niamh xx

Hi Every one

Can I join you guys ?! Need all the motivation I can get ... fresh start for 2012!

I am going it along with weight watchers, weighing in at home, Im 25 years old and planning on losing just over a stone to reach my goal weight of 10 st 7 lbs !

Im also a chocoholic and also a vodka lover lol I refuse to give up my weekend drinks so tend to combat this with hitting the gym - my new years resolution is to get fit and healthy!

Niamh xx

Welcome! :)
Atleast you can go to the gym - i get HUGE headaches and throw up after working out so have to rely on my diet. :( Gahh headwrecking!!!

StayGoldxOx said:
Introduce yourself :D

Welcome :D

How's everyone doing today?

Hi! Sorry the other message was short and sweet! Rushing as usual!

I'm sarah! I started on Monday! Going well so far, no cheats! :)

I never needed to diet before, so this is a first! I gained weight last year before the doctor diagnosed my thyroid! So I'm ready to go and lose the weight!

Plus I want to get super fit, so I can run further with my boyfriend!
My main goal date is July when I go to Canada to see my family!

I hope we can all motivate each other and reach our goals!

S
X

Ahh :) We started the same day Sushidoll :)

Well, I've been cheating...kinda... lol I also think I've been pointing things wrong :/

StayGoldxOx said:
Ahh :) We started the same day Sushidoll :)

Well, I've been cheating...kinda... lol I also think I've been pointing things wrong :/

What makes you think that?
Give an example!

I have the weight watchers app on my phone! Makes it easy for me to work it out!

I have a propoint calc on my phone too but I went out for dinner today and had 3 chicken goujons & half of a small plate of chips...I pointed it at 15 PP because I really had no clue of what it was.

I've eaten more chocolate (Curly Wurlys for 3PP) than actual proper foods...

I had an Innocent Smoothie which is made purely of fruit and didn't point it even though apparently we're supposed to...

I have a propoint calc on my phone too but I went out for dinner today and had 3 chicken goujons & half of a small plate of chips...I pointed it at 15 PP because I really had no clue of what it was.

I've eaten more chocolate (Curly Wurlys for 3PP) than actual proper foods...

I had an Innocent Smoothie which is made purely of fruit and didn't point it even though apparently we're supposed to...

Yeah apparently you have to point homemade fruit juices too! Its cos you drink them so they go down faster than if you were chewing the fruit - which is strange cos some veg soup is free!
I wonder will that be changed eventually? Hope not!!
Oh I'm the same with chocolate - sometimes I only have one actual meal per day! Sure it works anyway!! :)

Thats silly...and apparently in the shopping guide (I don't have it, I just read this somewhere) they pointed cuppa soups at 1PP...but they're actually 3PP. They're only 1PP when they're dry and 3PP when they've water added. Apparently this changes the chemical componants or something when water is added...why the heck did they put 1PP then!? who would eat cuppa soup dry!??!

Everytime I see your name I get the song stuck in my head.... damn you...have to go listen to it now!!

I haven't eaten out yet! I am not looking forward to that! I'd have to guess!

Plus I don't understand why we point dried fruit! It's just fruit that's dry, like raisins or cranberries!

See, we should really be pointing ALL fruits.. like on the Discover programme...it's just that they need people choosing a bannana (which was 1.5 points on the old program) over a curly wurly (which was 1.5 on the old program)... Fruit is possibly the healthiest thing you can eat so they're being lenient with giving us 0PP regular fruit...

Now I'm confused as to weather I'm for it or against it :p

@StayGoldxOx
Ahh 3pp aint that bad - but i wish they were just 1. Pointing soups a whole new challenge now! :( Ah who knows people might make the soup with hot milk or somethin'... Still though - wish theyd put the values for when the waters added! Haha love that song - actually went mad when i heard it live, AND i was on my own! Kinda sad...

@sushidoll85
I'm always getting takeaways so usually mark everything as 30 or 40 points. The Eating Out guides always handy to have cos most things are covered on that - though its mostly English places that we dont have in Ireland.. :-/
Yeah actually i dont get the dried fruit thing either!! Unless theres anything extra added to dry em out??

See, we should really be pointing ALL fruits.. like on the Discover programme...it's just that they need people choosing a bannana (which was 1.5 points on the old program) over a curly wurly (which was 1.5 on the old program)... Fruit is possibly the healthiest thing you can eat so they're being lenient with giving us 0PP regular fruit...

Now I'm confused as to weather I'm for it or against it :p

Im totally for it!! Stops us dying of starvation if we run out of points! Which put me off the discover plan. I actually much prefer propoints - so easy to stick to!!

Back