Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Just wanted to check in and say hi and hope everyone is doing well. Had a busy couple of days, especially today. I've got a number of things going on at the moment, but I will try to pop in as much as I can.

Hi all, just popping in. Had a really good day today, and drank the most water today I have on CD so far, 3.5 litres, plus 2 coffees and a shake! Hopefully I can keep it up and will be a positive effect on my loss this week.

I agree with the whole wine thing lizzie, that is something I do miss, that odd glass of wine on a weekend....getting through ok. Even been out with my bf and still drank sparkling...bit of an achievement for me really.

Well done also for just having another shake rather than having something you may regret!

Hope all is well Mat, and your busy-ness calms down for you soon!

I must say, I am looking forward to a nice glass of wine when I'm no longer in ketosis!! I've got a friend coming to stay at the weekend and we usually get through a couple of bottles, have nibbles etc - nothing for me this time though!!

I'm sure all your hard work will pay off this week, keep drinking the water and the pounds will keep dropping off you!

I'm doing good thanks to both of you for asking. I'm dead excited about my weigh in on Thursday because I should be under 15 stone, which will be quite an achievement for me.

I'm glad you are both doing really well. Well done and keep it up. :)

Hope you don't mind my sticking my head in and saying Hello! :D

Lizzy maybe you could have a pamper evening? you know a giggle over a girlie flick after face packs etc? That way it doesn't involve food and wine, but will be just as special for you. :)

Mat.. good luck for Thursday :) I weigh in on Thursday night.

Evening all!!

Having a good day today and feeling quite upbeat.

Was chatting to my MD today and she's going to her first Lighterlife meeting tonight and will be starting tomorrow.

It's so good to know that there's somebody at work who's going through the same thing, will stop the awkward team and client meals too as she won't be eating either! :D

Should stop all of the criticism too as people will be too scared to tell her she shouldn't be doing it, it's bad for you etc, it's good to have an ally in high places! :p

Was chatting to my friend today and we've decided to have a pamper day at the weekend, so great minds think alike Purple Hugs!! ;)

Glad you're still doing well Mat, can't wait to see your results on Thursday, won't be long until you've lost 3 stone!! :eek:

How's everyone else today?

Hey everyone

Checking in for the night. A pamper night sounds just awesome and a nice way to treat yourself Lizzie after your hard work. Its amazing how before a reward used to be food, it is certainly hard to steer away from that understanding.

Mat, way to go! No wonder your excited, your losses have been amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck with the weigh in.

Lizzie, it would be so nice to have someone doing something similar at work for support. I know some people at work have been supportive to me, but others all jump at the chance to have their say or put their nose into it! Little bit frustrating. But I must say this week I have had more energy and motivation than I have had in a long time, and went for a walk yesterday and cycled today....so for me thats certainly a positive and I am going to start ignoring the comments made.

Hope everyone is well, off to check the other threads.

Evening all!

How are we doing today? I'm still going well and have been answering my MD's queries all day, feels good to be giving support and advise to someone I know in 'real life'!

Made the mistake of weighing myself this morning, only appear to have lost 2lbs but I've still got until Friday for my weigh in so hopefully I'm on the cusp of fat burning another 2lbs!!

I'm really looking forward to my friend coming to stay at the weekend, she's up for a pamper session rather than a food and wine session so should be lovely and relaxing and even better - no hangover or bloated feeling from eating too much!!

Last edited:
Hey all

Lizzie it would be so nice to give someone advice and have that support, I am sure it will be a great help to both of you in your losses.

2lbs is a good loss Lizzie! My dreaded TOTM come back on monday, 'full on' came back! so that means I am going into something like my 4th week with 2 days break.......my scales have not really moved since Saturday and I am mega bummed cos I have been sooo good, even drinking 3 litres + a day, compared to my 2.5 before. I messaged my CDC b4 and she said, well apart from me needing to go to a doctor, to take my waist measurement. Apparently even if I do not see a result on the scales, I will still lose weight?!?

Anyways, I am sorry in advance if I have another low loss team, but at the moment there is not much I can do about it....I'm trying so hard to keep on track and stay motivated but this whote TOTM issue, its starting to wear me down.

Lizzie, you will have to keep us updated on how your pamper session goes, I love nothing better than painting my nails and other beautify-ing and watching a good chick flick, enjoy!

How was your day Mat, hope the weigh in went well!

Good luck those that are weighing in today :)
Mat hope all is well and busy is a good type of busy!! ;)

Lizzy hope you enjoy your pamper day!! Sounds wonderful and something I should do with my girls soon :) I have done them in the past and they love them! lol They're 4, 9 and 10 :) (one is a foster child). :D Since I moved to Wales I don't have the 'girlfriends' to do this with but am still happy :). Maybe I should arrange something with my friend when I go back to Hertfordshire instead of going out for a meal - which is what we used to do! lol

Hope you're all getting on well on the CD front.. I'm sure you are :)

Thanks Purple Hugs. I lost another 6lb, bringing me down to below 15st, so I am extremely happy right now. I've also moved down another notch on my belt, so have lost at least 3 inches from my belly. I'm glad to say that me being busy is mostly a good type of busy.

I hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Good luck those that are weighing in today :)
Mat hope all is well and busy is a good type of busy!! ;)

Lizzy hope you enjoy your pamper day!! Sounds wonderful and something I should do with my girls soon :) I have done them in the past and they love them! lol They're 4, 9 and 10 :) (one is a foster child). :D Since I moved to Wales I don't have the 'girlfriends' to do this with but am still happy :). Maybe I should arrange something with my friend when I go back to Hertfordshire instead of going out for a meal - which is what we used to do! lol

Hope you're all getting on well on the CD front.. I'm sure you are :)

Hi Purple Hugs

I'm in a similar situation to you - minus the children - you must be wonderwoman!

I used to live in Hertfordshire and moved to the midlands to be with my husband.

Don't have any 'girlfriends' up here and so my best friend is coming up at the weekend and we don't get together often so we're making the most of it! Am off to Lush tomorrow to pick up some face packs etc - can't wait! :D

OMG Mat - how are you managing to lose so much?!! I am very jealous, you are doing amazingly well!!

I have my weigh in tomorrow but not expecting more than 2lbs even though I've been 100%. Trying to stay upbeat about the whole thing, at least I'm losing I guess!

Hey all

Lizzie it would be so nice to give someone advice and have that support, I am sure it will be a great help to both of you in your losses.

2lbs is a good loss Lizzie! My dreaded TOTM come back on monday, 'full on' came back! so that means I am going into something like my 4th week with 2 days break.......my scales have not really moved since Saturday and I am mega bummed cos I have been sooo good, even drinking 3 litres + a day, compared to my 2.5 before. I messaged my CDC b4 and she said, well apart from me needing to go to a doctor, to take my waist measurement. Apparently even if I do not see a result on the scales, I will still lose weight?!?

Anyways, I am sorry in advance if I have another low loss team, but at the moment there is not much I can do about it....I'm trying so hard to keep on track and stay motivated but this whote TOTM issue, its starting to wear me down.

Lizzie, you will have to keep us updated on how your pamper session goes, I love nothing better than painting my nails and other beautify-ing and watching a good chick flick, enjoy!

How was your day Mat, hope the weigh in went well!

Hi Aussieraquel

I have heard that this diet can affect TOTM, I'm kind of lucky in that I don't have them due to the pill I am on so haven't had this experience. I will ask my CDC tomorrow though and see if she can recommend anything for you. Not nice for you though!

Don't apologise for your losses, if you're sticking to it, the losses will catch up eventually but I guess it can be difficult to keep motivated. You've done so well so far, if you're feeling down, come on here and I'll do my best to keep you on track!! :blahblah:

My CDC takes my measurements every week - bust, waist and hips - that helps to keep me motivated if the lb loss isn't that great. I usually find I lose a few lbs and no inches and then minimal lbs but inches so you could be doing the same?

When is your next weigh in? You might be pleasantly suprised! ;)

Hey Lizzie, my cdc never took any measurements so I will be unsure of how much I have lost in inches. Feeling really ordinary and know I need to book a doctors app. but there are no appointments after work and the boss wont let me take time off.

Lush is such a nice shop, smells so good, enjoy your little shop!

Mat, your losses are just incredible, well done! I cannot believe how high they are every week!

My weigh in is saturday, I peeked on the scales tonight and it is the same at night, as it was when I weighed in the morning last week, so maybe a pound or so might be lost.

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone, yeah its Friday!!!!!

Back