Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Are you down to 3 members? Time to advertise or you'll have no chance of whopping our backsides in the team results! lol ;)

Lizzy.. ooh Lush!! we have a market stall near us that sell lush style products.. ;) they are lovely - I love the smell of the shop let alone the products! lol
Where in Herts did you live? We lived in Hemel - hubby is from there originally. :)
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time :D

Mat - that's great you're under the 15st barrier :) I hit the 2 stone lost barrier today.. :D

Are you down to 3 members? Time to advertise or you'll have no chance of whopping our backsides in the team results! lol ;)

Lizzy.. ooh Lush!! we have a market stall near us that sell lush style products.. ;) they are lovely - I love the smell of the shop let alone the products! lol
Where in Herts did you live? We lived in Hemel - hubby is from there originally. :)

Mat - that's great you're under the 15st barrier :) I hit the 2 stone lost barrier today.. :D

Well done Purple Hugs.

I really don't know what to do about the team. It seems like the spirit has gone. We are supposed to be 6 people and at the moment it's 3. I don't want to make any changes, but it seems like I have to for the sake of the team. I know the team thing is only supposed to be for a bit of fun, but I can tell that there isn't enough support going on. I have limited time at the moment so it would be nice to have active members so that things can run smoothly without me having to be here all the time.

For sure Mat, I completely agree. I mean I know its my aim to check how everyone is going when I get home from work....sometimes people arent on when I am....hard to keep each other motivated and give support, considering its you or Lizzies replies I'm waiting to read, IYKWIM.

I'm not sure what would be best, but I do know it would be nice for this thread to have more people and be more active :)

For sure Mat, I completely agree. I mean I know its my aim to check how everyone is going when I get home from work....sometimes people arent on when I am....hard to keep each other motivated and give support, considering its you or Lizzies replies I'm waiting to read, IYKWIM.

I'm not sure what would be best, but I do know it would be nice for this thread to have more people and be more active :)

I'm pretty sure Lizzylocket will agree too. I don't want to upset anyone by replacing them, but I think it's the only way forward. I am going to place an add.

Hi Guys

Just nipping on to let you know that I've lost another 3lbs this week and another 2 inches so that takes me to 9.5 inches lost in total from bust, waist and hips!! :party0049:

Really pleased with that, makes the smallish lb losses seem better!

Mat - I do think we need to advertise for 3 new members unfortunately. From my persepective, I feel much more motivated when there's more people to talk to. I know team 22 have kindly said that we can go over there to chat but would be good to have some more people here too..... plus we need to starting winning again!!! :D

I used to live Waltham Cross/Cheshunt way, still have friends around there and Waltham Abbey. Seems really strange going back there now, it's not the same as it used to be!

Hi Guys

Just nipping on to let you know that I've lost another 3lbs this week and another 2 inches so that takes me to 9.5 inches lost in total from bust, waist and hips!! :party0049:

Really pleased with that, makes the smallish lb losses seem better!

Well done Lizzylocket. You are doing great and the inch losses certainly are excellent, even if the weight loss doesn't aways seem quite so good.

Welcome to the team Scojos and Fiona, we hope once we are back and running as a team we can help each other stay on track and get through CD together!

thank you, had a bad day yesterday - day 3 so hope today will be better!
I guess i should introduce myself, I am a 35 yr old mother of 3, I am a full time food technology teacher and live nr wolverhampton, i have struggled with my weight since a mate dragged me to a WW meeting before my 1st trip to orlando and i was 17.2...
i lost 2 stone on WW then after a break went back to CD sept 2006, and followed that until July last year.
I have only put 5lb on since my last WI in July, but feel fat and bloated and have decided to take my life in hand again.
I have a v good friend who has lost 11 stone on CD and was nominated for slimmer of the year this year (she didnt get it)
her losses have motivated me to try again, although i really only want to lose 2 stone to start with.
Starting weight last week was 13.12 and i am doing 1000 calories due to high dose pain killers due to a bad back (which i hope will improve with weight loss.
there you go thats me,
tc tracy

Last edited:
I used to live Waltham Cross/Cheshunt way, still have friends around there and Waltham Abbey. Seems really strange going back there now, it's not the same as it used to be!

Aww Cheshunt is where our eldest dog is from! :D I love it out that way :) We spent most of our time in the country - had horses in Pimlico and lived in Leverstock Green on the edge of Hemel :) Partly why moving to Wales wasn't such a big deal for us! :) we have sea views to the front and fields to the back.. I grew up in the middle of London and can understand your viewpoint about things being different. Though i'd never go back I must admit! :D
Team 22 seems to have quietened down recently too.. fingers x'd it picks up again.

right its lunch time and my kids are eating chocolate chip cookies, so to avoid temptation im typing, cant eat ant type;)
am i allowed to rant on here:sigh:
tracy

You are allowed to rant on here as much as you like. :D

It's good to read about your previous efforts and I'm sure CD will get you to your goal this time. My parents started the 1000 step of CD 2 weeks ago (tomorrow) and they have both lost 7lb so far.

I have an urge to eat at the moment. Am thinking about a meal tonight and back to CD tomorrow. I know it's not really a great idea, but after 4 straight weeks with no cheating at all and losing a whopping 36lb, I don't think it would be THAT bad. It's not like I am giving up. :sigh:

have you thought about a bar?
choose a healthy option dont destroy everything you have done...
weight loss was fairly easy as a good friend and i did it together last time, but she has wimped this time!! hence why i need a diet buddy , plus the bigger you are the easier it is to lose, my body is happy at this weight, its my brain thats not happy...
just be careful you are doing so well

Back