Team 23 - Mission: SlimPossible

Hey all!

Mat and Scott, your losses for the week are amazing.
Mat I really dont know how your keeping up with it all, but well done! My gosh, thats motivation enough for ya hey!

Scott, thats a brill first week loss, well done. And the flowers are lovely, if I got them from my other half I'd def. be impressed.

Fiona, I really struggled with the water my first week. I get through now approx 3 litres, plus the extra water in coffees and shakes....took my body quite a while to get used to it, and I must admit it still isnt and I am quite frequent to the loo.

Scojos, I too just booked a trip to Egypt, mine is at the end of May, for the half term break. I am doing a tour, I think we spend 3 days in hurghada.....when are you booked in for?

Lizzie, glad your day has quietened down, nice to see you on here.

Doc tonight, could not help me at all. He was unsure of what to do, and wants to discuss my current medications in more detail and then talk to his colleagues. I gotta wait til Monday til I speak to him again, so no answers for me yet, grr.

Sorry to hear the docs couldn't help today, must be so frustrating for you. Fingers crossed for some positive news for you on Monday.... x

Top stuff Mat!! That is cracking news. I can only dream of losing that much in 5 weeks! Do you exercise much at all? I'm a reasonably active person usually, gym 3 times a week and I play american football for the Lincolnshire Bombers, but I took a break from that as was scared how weak I might be. Not sure how much of it to re incorporate.

In 5 weeks time I'll be the first to congratualte you on losing a similar amount to me, if not more!! :D To be honest, I haven't done any exercise for years, although carrying the extra weight around has been a challenge at times!! It's not adviseable to change your habits too much when starting CD, but then, it's also not a good idea to carry on with anything too strenuous. I'd at least continue going to the gym if I were you, maybe even workout with the team, just nothing too heavy.

Mat - well done - how on earth are you managing to keep this up?!! :eek: You really are an inspiration!

Thanks. I honestly have no idea. It's just happening. All I am really doing is sticking to it. I am completely amazed myself. :)

Well, nothing spectacular as I suspected hehe considering this is only the 5th day. Lost 7lbs (slightly rounded up as I rounded up my weight 1/4 of a pound). Next week should be get a nice boost from the first short week :)

7lb in 5 days is tremendous, well done. Yes, you will most likely do more next week.

mat- thats amazing thats more than i want to lose!! in 5 weeks!! you must be stoked!

I am very stoked indeed. I never thought it would be possible to lose so much weight in such a short space of time, and also find it so easy. There has only been one day so far that I have thought about eating food, but luckily a special someone made sure I didn't. :D

scott, i dont exercise due to my back used to ride horses alot before but for obvious reasons thats on hold!

Why are you not able to ride horses?

weighed myself this morning on my scales and have put weight on:eek::cry: so will wait for official wi tomorrow

Never trust the scales. I was worried yesterday that I wasn't going to do another 6lb this week. I really wanted it to happen, so that I got to the 3 stone mark. The scales haven't been moving towards it for a few days and I really didn't think it was possible. When I weighed this morning I was dead on 202!! :D

Thanks Lizzie, would be nice to have it all sorted out. Dunno if it is making me extra emotional and sensitive, but something has......I'm an emotional eater too, and picked on and off all week on food with making OH tea! Letting the team down a bit, cos I cant imagine I will have a loss at all this week, would not surprise me if I have put on.....just not a good week

Thanks Lizzie, would be nice to have it all sorted out. Dunno if it is making me extra emotional and sensitive, but something has......I'm an emotional eater too, and picked on and off all week on food with making OH tea! Letting the team down a bit, cos I cant imagine I will have a loss at all this week, would not surprise me if I have put on.....just not a good week

Try not to let it get you down, I've been having emotional days and have been very tempted, thankfully my husband cooks his own meals so I haven't been able to pick!

Please don't think you are letting the team down, we are here mainly for support, winning is only a very small part of this team in my opinion.

Please don't feel like you are letting anyone down. It's understandable at the moment, especially with what you are going through. Hopefully Monday will bring you some answers. :patback:

Thanks guys, anyways I'm off to bed, need an early night. Well done again on your losses Mat and scott! Have a great day tomorrow everyone.....enjoy red nose day, hope you all have a badge and are wearing red!!!! :)

What a strange evening, you know sometimes women baffle me :p

She loved the flowers, as usual we got on well had a giggle in the car, hug and a kiss (or 2 or 3, you get the picture). Cuddling, stroking all that jazz (sorry if this is too much info :p) throughout the film. Journey back was fine talking until literally 2 minutes from her house, something just seemed to change instantly I could sense it. Drop her off not so much as a peck, get back and ask what the matter was and now I'm getting "not sure I feel anything, don't want to keep looking to see if I do then not and break your heart". Just hit me like a bolt out the blue, didn't see it coming at all :(

Well, I still think women baffle me haha

Got a text at half 6 in the morning asking for forgivness, her best mate has given her a rollicking since too. The poor lass has been hurt and used so many times she's just trying to protect herself. Her friend told her she's not letting herself feel anything to avoid getting hurt again, and shes expecting too much early on.

Looks like we are ok, guess I get brownie points for being understanding hehe :)

Bloody women! (no offence ladies :p)

Scojos - I have the same problem with riding :(. I have my own pony ready for backing next year at the latest, and am hoping beyond all hope that my back copes better when I'm lighter. Riding is something that is inside me, I love it (especially jumping) though I started late in life. I really do hope I can go back to it one day.
I hope that your weight going down makes some difference. I know it'll sound strange but I do karate since stopping riding last summer, and it's worked really well for toning up my muscles without impact. The most impact I have is a jog on the spot in the warm up (which I can choose to do or not depending on an issue I have with the arch of my foot - dr thinks these are related). Also swimming helps.

Good luck finding something to replace riding - if only till you are back in the saddle! :D If you are like me a hack in the woods in walk only would feel amazing! :D ((hugs))

Where have you all gone in my time of need? :)

im here babe :hug::hug99:
just got back from WI, not sure whether to be pleased or depressed as only lost 3lb this week.
I have been on step 3 @1000cal, CDC thinks i have been depriving myself as not eaten everything allowed so dropping a step to AAM, HAVE TO HAVE 3 NOW!!! lol!
scott, im sure everthing will sort itself out... how old are you? girls are hard work, well thats what OH says anyway!!
have a pile of coursework to mark, anyone fancy doing it for
me?
i cant ride mat as i have a compressed vertabrae, losing weight should reduce some of the pressure and therefore the pain. soem times its ok, when i have had a long day at work as i am on my feet all the time, i can physically move, currently having physio- they say i dont need an operation -yet:eek:
i am hoping for 4-5lb this week on aam, got to be good!!
thanks for keeping me sane for this last week guys,
tx

scojos that's still a decent loss! Especially with the hard time you've had this past week you've done awesomly well, you should stand proud! :D

I hope it sorts itself out, I like to think I'm a pretty understanding guy but not sure how much messing around I can take while on the diet hehe. I'm 25 3 weeks tomorrow.

I don't feel like a baby haha, infact turning 25 is scary enough! :p

How do you want the music to behave? I can have a poke around and see but I assume you can either do it per slide or loop a piece of music throughout the whole presentation.

Also depends which version of office you're using, im using 2007.

Loop a sound or movie
When you loop a sound or movie, the file plays until you advance to the next slide.

On the slide, right-click the sound icon or movie.
On the shortcut menu, click Edit Sound Object or Edit Movie Object.
Select the Loop until stopped check box.
Note Some media formats, such as .GIF files, are categorized as movie clips by the Clip Art feature in Microsoft Office but are not actually digital video. The Edit Movie Object command is enabled only with digital video files.

I tried this with office 2007 and it's a little different so if you too have it I couldn't find out how to do it sorry.

Back