Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

oh someone please help. I have 2 interviews this week and i am crapping myself, i have just had some of my sons dinner mince and noodles and half of his pancake. I always turn to food in my hour of need. I have been great today had my 3 1/2 litres of water then i mess up right at the end. I hope i haven't done too much damage

well done on the interviews,what are they for?

don't worry too much about the mince at least its protein

morning everyone hope you all have a good day, off to work shortly

wow miss m that sounds an interesting job.

Morning!
Good luck Miss M on your interviews, you've done well to line them up in this financial climate. Are you hoping to be full time or part time? What will you do with your baby when you are at work? That is a big weight loss target so fingers crossed.

MsMJC, how are the teeth? Worst kind of pain, it goes right through your head. Hospices are such peaceful places and it takes a special kind of person to work there, my MIL was at one in a beautiful setting and her raised bed had stunning views. My dh was in denial and insisting she would be coming out, it didn't happen. It must be so hard for your and your family.

Trisha, I love having my home back when people have been as I've had to super tidy and clean for them and then I get to relax in it. My HV has just been and I shoved the everyday junk into a bag in the dining room, I know it'll need sorting out but for now, the place looks good. It smells lovely from the hoovering and polish too.

Well done IW2BS for missing out on the cake. It is so much better to feel proud rather than guilty.

I lost 2lbs this week. Great job. My cdc suggested I have a small salad so I can eat something other than the shakes. I've also taken more porridges so I can alternate them with the soups in the evenings. I love the apple porridge, I may be in danger of having just porridges and bars. I use psyllium husks to thicken them up and add more water for a big bowl full. Love um!

images

This week's Wooden Spoon goes to Team 27​

2.4% The Sliminators (25)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W8
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W8
W9 3 results IndigoMondays (3.57%)

1.72% SKINNY BEATCHS (24)
W10
W17
W19
W21
W17 4 results AugustBride (2.79%)

1.49% The Water Babes (9)
W5
W15
W 18
W5
W15
W18 4 results Sarette (1.87%)

1.49% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
W16
W16
W21 3 results Louii (2.08%)

0.9% Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19 5 results Wez (2.09%)

% Mission: SlimPossible (23)
W6
W7
W6
W22 2 results

Weird day dietwise. I bought salad food and found a strange liking for celery which I definately didn't have before. Also, I ate radishes when I don't like them but found them pleasant enough. Finally, the sweetness of the cucumber was really strong.
The only thing I can think of is that with a bland palate of shakes continuously over the past few months, now I am really noticing the flavours in food awakening my taste buds and enjoying eating.

had official wi same as unofficial one 0.5 lb must do better next week.
I went t the gym after work, but after 20 mins on the tredmill climber thing I was shattered, I can normally do at least a half hour stints on
it, but gave up and went for a swim before coming home.

well done iw2bs on missing out on the cake that takes willpower

wez, its strange how your tastes change when you haven't had proper food in a while.

Iwanttobeslim , sorry to hear about hubby , and yes let him win the fight !

Gi Wez , yes men they do that go into denial, bless him , and yes they are lovely places the views are nice too !
Miss M , that will be an intersting Job ,environmental health officer , good luck with that .
Wez , in all the time on and off i've done CD , I have never tried psyllium husks, tell me how much they are and do they fill you up ?
2 lb loss well done Wez !
Trisha , hi how are you doing , so you have your house back , I don't have my inlaws stay now , well I don't mind his dad but his mum well she can be a nasty so and so , but i'm not the only one to think like this as she is like it too the two two women in her sons lifes ...
I know miss M how you must feel about going back into the working world , its scarey but we know we need more in our world than what we have , I will be looking next year to go back , I know my weeks fly by but I need more .
How is everyone in the CD house , anyone watching big brother ? I see a bit of taht last night , think they have all gone nuts and they have not been in there long , him with his singing lol

Wez , my teeth , have only settled down just , unsure what it is , as its gone on for 3 days about , might be stress , or if not I will have to go to the denitst , I really try to aviod this on all counts , as I used to have sedation , up until 5 years ago , now I don't have it as one it was costly and two they were stopping it . I just i'm scared to death lol

Poor you. I was sedated when I had a tooth removed a few years back, actually wanted general anesthetic but was refused at the hospital clinic so had 2 lovely ladies chat and do they best to distract me. My dentist is great with me and dd, dd always makes me go in the chair 1st so always relieved when nothing is found. If she ever needed treatment I think dh would have to take her as I don't know if I would be much support.
Psyllium husks are £5.99 for 200 capsules in H&B but I got a tub of powder for about £10 in my local health food shop so I can add it to my porridge. I always have the capsules with a pint of water and find them filling, also the porridge lays heavy for a full feeling when I have a bowlful.
Saw the launch of BB just to see the loons they are putting in, I think Angel was the weirdest. Probably only watch the evictions now though. Try to avoid as it will draw me in.

Trisha, you do so well on your gym & swim. You must certainly be feeling more toned as the weight drips off.

My dd had her big school visit today so I left baby with dh from 12:15 with instructions to feed her at 1. He took her out for a walk then she slept till 3 and woke up screaming like a banshee so he couldn't feed her. I was so cross with him for breaking our routine. she only usually naps for half an hour but because she had daddy's warm chest to sleep on she took full advantage and it backfired. After only 10 mins of having her scream, he threw the towel in and gave her to me so he could go out. Grrr, I am still angry. So, I've told him he can take dd to school next week for her visit if he is incapable of looking after our baby and, surprisingly, he jumped at the opportunity. Fine with me.

hi everyone, I'm really tired so didn't go to the gym today, plus I've a splitting headache think I'll have an early night.

ahh dentists, we used to have a really great dentist up until 2 years ago, when he went off work with stress and then retired. so didn't see a dentist for a long time unless it was an emergency, when the locum just did temp fillings etc a new dental group have taken over the practice and I'm not to sure about them. our old dentist was nhs only, whereas this new group are private with some nhs. my new dentist is spanish and I find it hard to understand him, (his accent) plus I'm not sure how good he is or if they're not that bothered about nhs patients as when I went for a check up he said my teeth were ok, but I knew I needed a filling so pointed it out to him, and he then filled it, also my crown keeps falling out and he said it can't be replaced if it happens again, at least I think thats what he said, going to the dentist never use to bother me, but now I'm a bit wary.

Wez, ahh starting big school, bet she can't wait,

saw them go into the house on bb and a bit of it last night but will prob just watch evictions, like wez I don't want to get drawn in.

She was really excited about going, we walked there and everything fine. they encouraged parents to stay but then she didn't talk to any other children. Walking home she said it was too far away but it only took 15 mins, it just shows what a lazy car reliant generation she is from, she moaned her legs hurt all the way back which then turned into wails as we neared home. Just told her she'll have to get used to it. Today she mentionned that she didn't know where the toilets were so I said they'll show her next time. Her teacher is young, enthusiastic and lovely so I have no worries. It was weird being on the other side and found myself reading all displays and signs around the room.

Maybe because it was wet and cooler yesterday, I couldn't get all the water down, I think I managed 2 litres but had eaten a bar so should have had more anyway. So far it is bright and sunny here, I'll be off to exercise in the park with the other mummies, I have a slight cold but I know I have to go, it'll do me good. Baby is snuffly too and hasn't eaten her rusks yet so I still have 45 mins to convince her or she'll be grumbling later.

hi Team

Well the sun was out but now gone ....
We had so much rain here yesterday , hey maybe because I said we don't get much the other day , lol .
Wez , aww a beat that was exciting and sad your daughter off to school , I remember them days with all 3 , cos i'm a stay home mum they all didn't take to well of letting go for sometime , its upsetting , wez my sisters daughter is like that about walking cos she goes in the car , with me i don't drive but if i did i would maybe be the same .
Having a tooth pulled wez think i'll need sedation then lol . but think its hard to find one who does it .
Trisha yes you have to be sure your denist is good otherwise you will lose faith or maybe teeth lol . jk lol
Well its weigh in Friday lets see how we all do .
We really don't want the spoon again lol
Lets hope baby is better soon wez , it can get you all down when baby is unwell , I used to remember that cough they used to get for weeks and weeks and everytime they lay down it started , and nothing would help it .
Ok going to look round the site , happy days

Ahhhhh first day of school always emotional time...know what you mean about the walking thing my 3 year old moans like mad about walking anywhere but my boys didnt...i didnt drive when my boys were small hmmm!
Well im really struggiling this time with the restart and cant seem to get past tea time without snaffiling something down...i think part of the problem is my littleone does not sleep!!! shes up about 4 times in the night and im walking around like a zombie...this seems to really be effecting my ability to ss...do not know what to do..i know the hunger goes once ketosis starts but i cant get to ketosis!!! i lost 2lb this week and i know i could do that on bloody weightwatchers! Feel very frustrated and cross and myself.
The healthvisitor came today because of the sleeping and gave me some more suggestions..but to be honest its not things i havent already tried...shes 3 and my 3rd so im used to kids i just wish i could get past day 1!!!!
Hope your all well hugs to all xx

iw2bs know how you feel I'm struggling to day ss as well, I'm fine all day at work, and evenat the gym, but when I get home can't stop picking ahhh its so annoying.

wez I remember emma's visit to school so well, she wanted me to leave her at the gate and go into school herself, said she wasn't a baby, when we got into classroom some of the other new kids were clinging onto mums hands etc, emma just went over and sat with the reception class on the carpet, and couldn't understand why the others were crying etc - she's always been independent. once your daughter knows where things are she'll be fine, we always used to walk home from school it was less than 10 mins away,

when are you having your tooth pulled Jack? I'm sure you'll be fine

hope everyone is fine have a good day tomorrow

Last edited:
hi there Iwant2bslim
with kids waking , my daughter still does this , but now only now and then, but not every night now , she is almost 6 in aug and up until her check up at school they asked me this last year about sleep I said to them that she was waking with a screamy cry everynight then, so really she has done this since 5 really but i'm noticing it does pass , they were going to try to sort out something at the check up but she just got better . Best to make bed times carm and see how it goes but my sleep is really all over the place after having 3 kids , oldest 18 , 15, 5 , so in that time I never lay in past 7am and in bed early 88% of the time , can I be 16 again lol .
You say with SS , try not to put to much on yourself or beat yourself up and maybe take some timeout from CD and give it a go when you have had a rethink ?
Hey tonight I have been watching BBC3 about all the diets out there , they had VLC but would not name them they just said them under 500 Cals a day about the gall bladder, its scarey but I hear this and i also hear good stories too , but they put every diet down all barring WW and SW . But I think we have to go with what we feel is right for us , after all its our bodies .

Hi Trisha .
Emma she seems like you won't have any worries there ! not like mine , she is so shy and never really talks , she never even went to the loo at school , I used to worry so much , she is now in year 1 and she goes if her friend goes , please her friend (heather ) don't be off school lol
My tooth , well i hope I don't have it pulled , but tonight again i'm on pain killers , its just effecting top teeth on the left side and then it hits on the bottom set left side , crist what is it ?
I need to keep my teeth cos I need to keep smiling lol!

I saw that programme on bbc3 too, they did mention ww at the end, one girl lived on just 5 points instead of the 18 and became very ill!

the sun is out today, hope it stays like that, hope everyone has a good day,

Last edited:
yes she was dropping so many points , thinking it will make her lose more . I did try WW once but all that counting , arrr .
How is everyone doing ? WEz trisha and Iwant2bslim and MissM and hope your ok Naz think thats everyone :)
sun is hot here , I have to go to town soon then meet my mate , hope you are all having a great Cd day ?
Iwant2bslim , how are you today ? hey maybe if you also post on the daily as well to help you stay postive , I think sometimes we put to much pressure on ourselfs , let us know how your doing ok ...

Back