Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Hi everyone how's it going? Feeling much better diet wise today plus did okay yesterday. Speak to dd every day at the moment which helps though this will probably tail
off when the work at. Uni starts propery

Last edited:
hi Team , I was 199 today , my weight is not moving , think its day 10 for me today too , i started at 206 ten days ago so its very slow going .... I hope next week brings a better result .
I feel lighter ....
Where is everyone ? come out where ever you are :)

Hi, I'm here. Picked again today (drat those dredded giant tins of Christmas sweets already on promo - I've eaten two mini fudges, a twisted and two caramels), trying so hard to be good but I was sooo cold this morning I felt compelled to eat something.
Does anyone else find it harder to stick to CD when the weather is colder?
MsJMC - well done for shifting those 7lb... half a stone, good going girl!
Trisha - she'll be missing you as much as you're missing her, just try to keep busy hon.
Everyone else - Where are you?! haha

hi minivix
when its cold i don't find it harder , i just want the heating on more . and more hot drinks .
sometimes its hard to diet when you are not head strong . food bis all around us and unless we change our thinking head its so easy to grab food .
try not to be so hard on yourself and you will pick this back up ...
i have been painting today glossing ....so busy busy . thank you yes got to keep going now i have along way to go

Lack of sleep, energy, being cold and TOTM are all major factors in my ability to stay focused. I know when I'm stuffing that chocolate in my gob (and hiding the wrapper towards the bottom of the bin) that I'm totally doing the wrong thing, it just I can't seem to stop myself being naughty at the moment!

My problem is that I'm not getting enough quality sleep, without it I'm a zombie and I tend to graze in order to raise energy levels - without thinking about the consequences. It's much the same when I'm cold.

I get home 11pm-midnight four nights a week, so am in bed by 1am on average. DH needs waking up 5:45am everyday (he's deaf). Shortly after he leaves, I walk DD to nursery/town or am up doing chores. I tend to eat the wrong things the mornings after I've worked late and need to get DD dressed etc. for the 45min round trip to nursery. She's a feisty 2.5yr old who knows her own mind, it's like an on-going battle in our house most mornings just to get her to change out of her PJs, the 'WHY...?' (answering back) has already started, so has her ability to tell fibs 'NO, I HAVEN'T DONE A POO MUMMY!' as she bumps down the stairs on her bottom with a full nappy in her clean clothes and ultimately needs a new nappy and outfit change. I grab the nearest thig without thinking, a cold shake is too cold and a hot drink makes me physically sick at that time of the day. I usually try to have a large glass of water but, good intentions tend to go out of the window if I haven't done this by the time I open the food cupboards to pack her lunch.

its all go go for you .... Yes my daughter is 6 and always stays in her PJs and always stays in her uniforum , its all todo with lazing around .
If you can make it to the end of the road hey xmas is coming so you need to say let me use the time i hav enow before more sweets come into the house . my weight loss is slow i think , lets see what next week brings me I have a long road ahead . TOTM and feeling cold , no wonder you are turning to a sweet fix .... , I am full of energy these days

hi everyone, jackie you are doing so good sticking to cd, whats the secret. minivix I'm much like you I keep picking, but not too bad, I keep telling myself not to, but can't stop the odd nibble here and there, since last week there has been lots of biscuits/sweets ect in staff room and for the most part I have avoid them, but have to admit I have had the odd nibble today. Been speaking to dd everyday, and getting more used to the fact she's not here but it still doesn't seem real, just got back from shopping and no biscuits etc bought so that should help. only been to the gym once this week, too tired and cold, and by the time I get in from work I can't be bothered, must get back into it though I quite enjoyed it when I was going 5 times a week.

Last edited:
So sorry I've been away from here. Really not coping with work/life balance and had INSET on Monday so that was an extra day at work and seem to be chasing my tail ever since.
Came down with a cold on wednesday and totm started today, really want a duvet day. Now my dad has invited himself down tomorrow till tues, which in theory is great but in reality adds stress & chaos and I get no days off. I know this all sounds incredibly selfish and is not like me but, grrrrrrrrrrr, I just need space.
Diet has been fine all week and the lbs have been wobbling up and down but I know why. Did have a glass of wine last night, needed it to feel relaxed but then fell asleep at 9 then went to bed and slept till 7 when the girls got up.
Had message from Miss M, she wants to come back soon.
Minivix, I agree that all the xmas foods coming out is a huge temptation, haven't bought any yet as couldn't trust myself. I try so hard to write a list for the supermarket and stick to eat but they throw the temptations in at the door, what chance do we have?
Trisha, things seem tough for you still. The gym will be a positive distraction but these shorter days do nothing for motivation. Good luck.
MsJMC, those pounds are melting away, getting to 199 is a milestone in itself. My journey is slow, but each journey is personal and just because those on the main cd forum seem to fly through and get to goal, there are plenty of lurkers, including myself, who are pleased when the scale finally drops that lb.

hi everyone! how's it going? sorry to hear you are finding it tough wez work/life balance I mean, it's so hard to get into a routine when you work and have a young family. Been speaking to dd everyday and we've just booked the hotel to go and she her in 4 weeks yeah!!!! so really looking forward to that and would like to be a few lbs lighter by them. diet going ok so far, catching up on house work today so we can go walking tomorrow, weather permitting.

Good that miss m is going to come back to the team

Thanks Trisha, it'll be nice to have a visit and a catch up. It help reassure you too.
Feeling better today but the diet has gone downhill, made and eaten cake and had dessert with meal. Still, it was a day off and I felt social and it lifted my mood.

I see that there is not enough for a team entry again. When is Ali due back? She'll motivate everyone again!

not sure when ali is back but must be soon. had a really good day today went for a long walk, had lunch, but only had a bit of green salad, while dh and soup, then had a hot choc shake when we got home, had some cd bars but decided not to take them as I find they make me want to eat, so been 100% today apart form the salad, but not had enough water so off to catch up on that.

Glad you had a nice day, the thing with the scarsdale diet is you can have the odd day off without spoiling the diet.

/still here guys , but diet wise its all gone downhill so today giving it another go , think we are all in the same boat , we need some good days weeks months ...
Also been doing DIY , /i put the wall stickers on last night of the lamppost and cats looks good , really still lots more to do . How are you all ?

Hi jackie, pretty much the same as you some good days where I lose a coupkl of lbs follwed by some bad days where I put them on again aarrgghhh !!!! just noticed your ticker gosh christmas is getting close and I would really like to be at goal by then, some hope the way I am going!! sounds like your decorating is going well.

I'm still looking for another job, not much about but just rang for an application form for one that sounds interesting, but will have to see when details arrive. if off on a course tomorrow so thats a day off work which is nice, course sounds boring though, but it will be nice to get a break from the grind.

Wez and minivix hope everthing is ok with you

morning all, well wi sts :( keep having good days bad days. Job I sent for sounds interesting, so I've completed application form, and going to see how long it would take to get there as its about 20 miles from home, but most of the way would be motorway, trying to decide if it would be worth the drive, its about £7,000 a year more than what I'm on now so money wise its quite good, but they probably have internal candidates!

How is everyone else doing? Wez are you finding work/life balance any easier? not long until half term, 2 weeks for me, how about you?

Jackie how is the DIY?

sorry for the delay ... not been great , i wake with all good intensions but flop . /having a black coffee
Trisha the ticker one is till dec 21st if you click on xmas day it will give you the days mins and hours , till xmas day ... this year i'm going to be boring and cut down on presents .... now I am cutting down on buying adults .... so what i'm going to do is .. buy for my son whos 18 my other son whos 15 and my daughter whos 6 and my oh and my two sisters little ones and thats it ... what does everyone eles do at xmas ? in the way of buying ? my DIY is half way , when i was fulling in K mode /i had so much energy i fely great ... but once out of it and back to eating junk i became very tired and slugish , so why do i keep returning to junk ? why can't I be good ?
7,ooo would help with petrol trisha , just go with what feels right trisha , yes its a day away from the school , half term wont be long 26th oct monday .... is anyway doing anything ? spook night too 31st oct ... i love that time of year .
right this week no weigh in .... sorry

Hi, I lost 3lb but, haven't had the chance to post until today (2 jobs, 2 courses AND an unexpected first aid course got in the way this week...). I see they've already posted this week's winning team, sorry guys my bad.

'Hope everyone is okay, I had a massive blow-out at the in-laws last night, MIL is dieting and insists everyone is to eat more than her, I've still not told her I'm on CD - don't want her to know - so I ate everything put in front of me to keep the peace. It was all delicious so it wasn't a difficult task. However, I felt full to diaphragm, haven't felt that uncomfortable since pregnancy! Left there happy in the knowledge that she's still not discovered my secret and am firmly back on-track today. Really.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, Vx

hi everyone, not had a good day cd wise today. started off with good intensions like you jackie,but then went and had a flap jack :( why can't I stick to it? :cry: but I'm going to keep on trying.

AS for Christmas dh and I spend £10 on each other just a token gift, obviously dd will get something this year probably money plus a few bits, we buy for dh's sister and husband and their 2 grown up daughters but only £15 on each. I'm from a big family and have loads of brothers/sisters/nieces and newphews and as a family decided that we only buy for the children and only up to the age if 21, as there were so many of them, so now there are only 2 that I need to buy for, again they are at an age where money or vouchers are the best gift, but normally buy some chocolate etc as well.

minivix i was working out what MIL was then i thought arr got it lol
So why is it you don't want her knowing ? mother in laws or out laws to me lol
Trisha ... yes something has to push us on cd .. i have wasted so much time on cd ... hos everyone doing

Hey team. Apologies again, I've let you down, so sorry. I was sick in bed all weekend with a horrid sickness bug that dd came down with Sat evening too. Back on my feet now.
I am really not getting a grip on my work / life balance and still chasing my tail. I just don't get time to surf on the net like I could on maternity leave.
So, I guess I can't be around here anymore.Wasn't Alipally due back? Didn't want to leave you guys in the lurch for a team leader.
Take care of yourselves. PM me if you want FB or email details to stay in touch.Wezx

I'm back, I'm back!!!

SSing from tomorrow.... weigh in the morning to quantify the holiday damage!!

Wez, if you send me the spreadsheet I can get on with the team leader stuff, now. That will be one less thing to worry about...

Off to bed... need my beauty sleep don't you know!

Last edited:
Back