Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Wow you guys still did so well this week!, dont worry with 3 new members we will hit the top and get that spoon, new members and new motivation for us when we see how much weight you guys have lost!!...im ultra determined now....off to the gym!

sunnysmile, I know what you mean about the bars, but they are so handy....i discovered something last time...it might be cheating..but, the atkins advantage bars (avaliable from boots)...contain the same vitamins etc, but have a lot less net carbs than the CD bars...therefore dont affect ketosis as much and didnt slow dont your weightloss. + extra bonus of being avaliabe if your caught without a shake.....theres a boots on every corner!

Uh oh I had a handful of cashew nuts this afternoon because i was out all day and i was really hungry. Also i had a litre of water as i didn't want to drink too much as there were not any toilets around. Do you think i have done much damage?

sunnysmile, I know what you mean about the bars, but they are so handy....i discovered something last time...it might be cheating..but, the atkins advantage bars (avaliable from boots)...contain the same vitamins etc, but have a lot less net carbs than the CD bars...therefore dont affect ketosis as much and didnt slow dont your weightloss. + extra bonus of being avaliabe if your caught without a shake.....theres a boots on every corner!

Oh cheers Naz! I might grab some of those today -- great to know! :thankyou:

Don't worry Missy -- just don't let one err degrade into a 'ah blown it! Start again tomorrow' attitude -- I know from personal experience that it can soon lead to many slips! Keep chugging away.

My day's started off ok, I'm going to the dentist this afternoon so I've just been glugging water so far. I'll have my shakes this afternoon. Hope you are all well xxx

Naz - I didn't know about the atkins bars either, at least it stops me having an excuse to cheat when out without my bar.
Miss M - I wouldn't worry about the nuts, ok they are high in fat but you only had a handful and they won't kick you out of ketosis.
SS - hope the dentist goes ok, can't stand them myself but have to be brave as dd come with me and she makes me go in the chair first.

Yesterday was a bad day.
I only lost a lb for a week's poor effort (but have lost 10%!) and then we went to a lovely country house & garden so dd could have a play (& not watch tv) and run around. It was so cold there, the wind was biting, brrr. So, had a paper cup of tea there to warm me up with my bar and then when we were home & cold, I had 2 more mugs of tea and pieces of cheese so i could eat. Better than biscuits. Like you, Miss M, I only had a litre yesterday - I really couldn't face drinking more.
Today is a ss 100% day. I had to see Gp this morning and I didn't want her to mention getting on the scales - luckily she didn't. I have borderline high blood pressure and need to get it down. I take garlic capsules and fish oil. I hope this diet will help. I'm back in 3 months so hopefully I'll be much nearer target and not so fearful of her mentioning the scales while they try and eliminate reasons for it - at the mo they are messing with my pill and I've been prescribed the mini pill.
Also, baby & me had to see the health visitor and I've come away with a handful of info on baby groups in the area. We need to get out and about more. So I feel positive about today. Already had 1 litre and a porridge, so far so good.

That's great Miss M, the first week's results are motivational when it is so hard getting into the diet again.

So, I stuck to ss 100% yesterday but was about 1/2 litre down on water. I will try better today. I need to get into size 14 to feel normal and not bloated from baby weight. Oh to wear proper clothes again...

hi everyone, sorry been missing for a couple of days but my daughter needed the comp to do her A level course work. I've had a bad couple if days been eating all sorts of food I shouldn't and now I feel fat and bloated and really tired. I really need to get back on track but finding it really hard at the moment and I don't know why, I know cd works and If I stick to it I will lose the weight, but I can't stop cheating!

Last edited:
Hey all, sounds like its been a tough week all round. Ive been good the first 4 days, but today was really tough, felt really drained all day, and then a patient brought chocolates for the ward...i literally had to run off the ward or I would have eaten 10. Ive felt so good the rest of the time though, i think thats the best part of this diet, waking up with a flat (ish) stomach and feeling like your actually on you way to loosing the weight!, im excited about weigh in on saturday...

Trisha, don't worry about a couple of bad days....five good days is better than none!. Get a good nights sleep, tomorrows a new day!

Wez, im a pharmacist....the mini pill causes less weight gain and water retention than most of the others!, so thats a good thing!

I forgot how exhausting this diet was...i think im off to bed!:4635:

Hiya guys!

Quick note -- WI this morning -- dropped 2lbs. 2lbs is better off than on but still! Wish it was more x

official WI not till sat, but i sneaked a peak.....11lbs!!!, even though its mostly water, im over the moon...i love week one!, its really spurred me on. Im not sleeping well at all though, i find it hard to fall asleep even though im exhausted and then wake up at 6am every morning....and i never have problems sleeping...its my favourite passtime. It must be the diet :-(

Hey Trisha, you are so close to your goal and must be feeling positive about that and looking good too. A few blips at that stage must happen when you have abstained for so long. At least you have acknowledged it and know what you have to do.

Naz - thanks, just gotta remember to take them in their 3 hour margin. Weekdays I am in a sort of routine, I think it'll go wrong on the weekend.
Your initial loss is fab - you alone should shoot us to the top of the tournament.
giggle.gif

SS- woohoo, so very pleased for you on your wi. At last you have got your head back on track and you can make progress. Motivated now? Keep it up.

Hi everyone thanks for the support, I'm doing much better today but I'm so tired, considering its been a "4 day week" its seemed so long, can't wait for the weekend.

Well done on the loss sunny and naz

I'm away this weekend, results so far:
Sunnysmile 0.97%
Wez 0.51%

Could someone put this week's results together when they are all in and submit them to Ireneh please?

They are easy to do:
Deadline is Sun at 6 pm.

A team needs to have 3 results to be able to win the Team award

Calculations for each individual %:
number of lbs lost divided by weight last week in pounds multiplied by 100.

Calculations for team %:
total number of lbs lost divided by total number of last week's weights in pounds multiplied by 100

PM Ireneh if you need help, you'll find her in the stickys above.

Catch up with you all next week, have a good weekend.

Hi everyone just got back from the gym, my wi is sts sorry to let you all down I will do better next week, hope you all have a good weekend

Hi all, my WI is still -11lbs, am very pleased but still cant sleep, so am very tired, had to start taking sleeping tablets cause im so exhausted! I know it will be worth it, but I feel wretched. I dont mind submitting the results tomorrow, are we just waiting for Miss M's WI?

HI

i am not doing too good here, low water intake this week and gastroenteritis sweeping our home i stopped SS on thursday as i was feeling too weak, couldn't keep anything down. We were in A&E with my 14 month old yesterday now my husband has it, talk about a sick house.

Nevertheless i am now 5lbs down so not too bad, i'll start ss again tomorrow or monday

well done to everyone

ah, for some reason I cant contact IreneH to give her our results, my account doesnt have authorisation or something, can anyone do it?. I've worked out or results....there too good not to put in!!

TEAM 27 RESULTS -2.15%

MissM -2.79%
Trisha-0%
Sunnysmile -0.97%
Wez -0.51%
Naz -6.6%

Naz I'm not sure how you submit the results, but I've sent a pm to Irene with the results you sorted, so hopefully that should be okay.

I'm off for a long walk with oh, I'm taking it a day at a time,as I'm finding it really hard to stay on track, so today I will not cheat, and stick to cd 100%

Back