Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

morning everyone, another lovely day, what's everyone up to? we are going to go for a long walk, and make the most of the sunshine, back toworok tomorrow

well done on the loss miss m.

morning jack,
I'd like to be at goal by the holidays, but somehow doubt I will be but I'm going to try.I've had a coupleof blips this week as well. I've tried hard to be 100% but found myself "tasting" things! The walk will just be somewhere fairly local, more of a hike really. i didn't do Spanish either, I did french as well, so I'm not much help to Emma, she's very good at it, but she needs 3 'A' s to get into the uni she wants so its quite tough and not much room for error.

Ah I remember taking Emma pony riding, she used to love it. My week used to be filled with taking her riding, dancing lessons x2 a week, swimming lessons and brownies I don't know how I use to fit it all in.

Last edited:
Hi Trisha
If we work hard on CD and put the last few days behind us and really move and every week we can do this the goal is in sight , mine if I press on hard i'll only get 2 stone off leaving another . but if I struggle i'll end up with more an a stone .
Blimey your daughter has alot of studing to do , how long will Emma be at uni , 4 years ?
I take Mia Pony riding sundays and I take her street dance Thursdays , i'm happy she is into something , she wants attension alot , like last night ...
Swimming lesson are on the cards , but not our local pool , maybe a gym pool , looked into that already , maybe we can teach her on a holiday somewhere .
did you watch britains got talent ? I thought the better dance group was Flawless

I thought Flawless were the better dance group too!

Emma will be at uni for 3 years, unless she doesn't get 3 As and goes to Dundee as in Scotland its 4 years.

Yes we can do this, I haven't been really bad these last 2 days, just absent mindedly tasting food etc,

have a good day!

3 years won't be so bad , i guess you will miss her then .
Yes they were the better dance group .
That dress amanda had on , was very tight and she could not move in it , why did she wear it , wasn't all that .
so it was taster week for you Trisha hehe .
Heres to a 100% day for me ...

Morning all - such a great day today!
DD wants to go to a playpark - maybe later, dh is stuck on the sofa with baby asleep on his shoulder, keeps them both out of mischief!
Started to eat nuts yesterday, dh bought caramelised almonds, they were so good but only had a few as I know the sugar could take me out of ketosis and I don't want to risk that.
Well done Miss M on your loss!
I'm glad you are feeling better Naz, are you back on track?
For BGT, I voted for Stavros Flatley and DH voted for Flawless. Just pleased it wasn't Susan or that little crying girl, both would have won for the wrong reasons (publicity mainly).
I'm with you, 100% day today. Had porridge and a litre of water. Must stick to it with wi tomorrow.

This week's results:

Trisha 1.48%
MsMJC 1.08%
Wez 1.04%
Miss M 0.58%
Naz 0%

Team 0.83%

Iwant2beslim is still here and hopes go be back with us soon.

Oh dear:
images

This week's Wooden Spoon goes to Team 27

Or as an optimist...we came 3rd!
2.80% The Shrinking Violets (10)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W14
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W14 3 results Caress (3.78%)

2.71% Mission: SlimPossible (23)
W6
W7
W6 3 results Heva (3.92%)

0.83% Weight to go (27)
W13
W13
W19 5 results Trisha (1.48%)

% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
W16
W16
W21 2 results only

% The Water Babes (9)
W5
W15
W 18
W5
W15
W18 2 results only

%Moving Mountains (4)
W1
W1 2 results only

oh no, wooden spoon!, i feel guilty, will do much better next week, have been back on ss since wed, although didnt get back into ketosis till today...usually only takes me 2 days...im still taking flu plus tablets which have ephedrine in them, im wondering if thats why....ive stopped taking them anyway.

Such a nice day today, spend the whole afternoon in hyde park with a picnic....(bar for me)...still lovely though....the one time the coldness this diet gives you actually comes in handy, everyone was sweating and I was just right, lol

Morning! Another great sunshine day for drinking lots of water.

Fab WI...I lost 4lbs this week. So pleased as I was determined to shift more than 2. Must keep water intake to at least 3 litres.

Naz, don't be guilty, you were ill and you didn't put any on, isn't that good? Hope this week goes well for you and you stay in ketosis. I definately find the diet easier at this time of year, you aren't freezing nor particularly hungry and want to drink. Suits me!

Hi Team
Thats right , when its warm , you really don't want to eat , but we know the weather is set to change this week , . lets hope the sun will return .
hows everyone doing ?
I am stripping walls , feeling very tired lately , think the weather must be doing it
I have so much decorating to do , thought i'd get started . Roll on aug then I can get away .

hi everyone, its been so hot today, the kids at school were all moaning saying it was too hot to work and that we should be sent home, but no such luck.

official wi with cdc was 2.5lb so more or less the same as unofficial wi on saturday. I've just got bak from the gym, I went straight after work and wi with cdc, going to have my shake, I'm lagging behind on the water though as in gcse exams with pupils and the exams are 2 hours long plus 25% extra time, so I'd never make it, and I can't really dash off to the loo inthe middle of reading/scribing for pupils so will have to make up for it now

Last edited:
Trisha it must be such a great feeling to be so close to goal now. It feels so far away for me. It is tricky being on cd when in class as the afternoons are 2 hours plus seeing any parents afterwards so being in the exam room must be tricky. I guess you'll be up all night going to the loo if you are downing loads of water now.
Jack, it can't be much fun decorating in this heat, at least the paint dries quickly though.
I went to a tots club this morning but it was so quiet, must be the weather and 1st day back at school. I had the only older baby, just toddlers and newborns, only spoke to a couple of people, got bored and left early.
This afternoon went to a postnatal support group, lovely chatty ladies & babes and a health visitor. It was focused led about feelings before and after baby birth. The things that came out really made me examine and evaluate my family, particularly my dh. But I can't expect complete support if he is holding down 2 jobs, it is just tough that I look after the girls for 3 evenings on my own and feel like I haven't had a decent conversation all day and when I ring my sister to have a moan she is out taking her son to karate and I may not get back to her in days. Just going to this group has really made me think and now I feel frustrated, I do remember MY life before kids, of course I don't regret having them BUT the sacrifices have hit me hard today. I must be ready to go back to work!

Wez its tough when you've got little ones and hubby has to work, I remember it well, I was Lucky I met 2 other mums at a mum and tots group set up by a health visitor and we used to meet at each others houses once a week, as well as the group. When Emma was 1 one of them moved down south because of her husbands job, but we're still in touch, birthdays/christmas etc, but the other one is still a good close friend,( her son went to the same primary/secondary school as Emma.) when she got pregnant with her 2nd son she was auite ill (sick a lot etc) her husband had to work away a lot, and her sister/mum live 25 miles away, so I used to go round and help her. we don't see each other as much now as we both work full time, her husband works away again and only comes home at weekends , so we normally try and catch up at half terms if she can get the time off work. all I can say it does get better and you'll probably find so when you go back to work and have a bit of adult company during the day again.

Thanks Trisha. Strange how things that go on every week suddenly get you down. I have made a huge effort recently to get out my baby but I know that my dh has no idea how tough it is and it is ok for him to not be affected by her in his daily life, but then he misses out on seeing her grow & develop.
I'm ok today, it was just addressing it yesterday. Hopefully I deal better with it better next Monday.
Been to a meeting for parents today at my daughter's September school. Suddenly it is becoming real that she is off to school and elements of that scare me as she doesn't even get dressed independently, plenty of homework for us! Came home with a load of forms to fill out when girls are in bed.Right, on with the diet. Only had 1/2 a litre so need to remedy that.

hi everyone, not had a very good day today,:sigh: I was okay at work but didn't drink enough water, due to exams etc, but when I got home I went and had some cracker and cheese, don't ask me why they were just there!! I am so mad with myself :copon:

Wez i know how you feel, i am currently at home full time with my soon to be 16month year old and it is so hard. I never thought i would say it but i miss work. I am studying to change my career at present so that does keep me in touch with the real world but i miss adult conversation and just being in that environment. I try to tell my husband how i feel i think he is understanding it more now than before but it does get me down. I am fortunate that i have my parents 10 mins away so i am usually there most days but sometimes i just want a change of scenery.

It is a shame that we do not live closer to one another otherwise we could meet up.

Trisha don't be too hard on yourself, i had a bad day too, upset about what i have just written in my post. I had crackers and cheese to a bite of a meatball i made for my son and a few sips of milk. I have had 3 litres of water though, so i hope i have not done too much damage

Hi Team
I can see what you are saying there with kids and being home as thats me , but next year I said I will aim to go back to work , manily as you all say .
Wez you need a hug , sending you hugs .
also to you to Miss M
Trisha its been hard for me too , I need to sort out CD 100%
As you may know my mum is in a hospice and I saw her last night she is now in a bad way , unsure when i'll be on as things have gone really down hill for her now so just letting you know i'm still thinking of you all and still part of the team , I do also hope to pick up this diet again to!
Keep going girls x

Sending hugs to you too MsJMC.

Can someone please shed some light on my situation please. Apart from yesterday i have been doing CD SS 100% for 5 days but the scales are not moving. i have been having 3 litres a day and walking for at least 30mins a day. My jeans feel loose but the scales are not shifting. I don't think i am doing enough exercise for me to be toning up as i know muscle weighs more than fat but i am just a bit confused

Back