Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

hi all quick question, what does the wooden spoon mean?

Sadly, when we come last but there don't seem as many teams recently. We are team 27 but I don't know how many are still actively going with at least 3 members.

Miss M, I do try and do baby activities 3 times a week but over half term they stopped for 1 or 2 weeks and I just felt a bit lost. Also, when she is tired, my baby won't settle on her own during the day and I find myself either settling her in her pram where she'll sleep for 30 mins or in my arms where she stayed happily for an hour, but it sure frustrated me. It is exactly as you say, a change of scenery and a chat with someone who understands would make a world of difference.
You are doing all the right things dietwise, for some reason your body just wants to hang on to the weight, hopefully just water though and you may find a couple of lbs will drop off together. Fingers crossed for you.

Trisha, you have been so dedicated, don't upset yourself over the crackers, the cheese isn't a bad cheat. I have found myself tasting my baby's weaning meal for temperature check and then also eating the drips from overloaded spoon in the feeding process, she has veg, cereal, rice and fruit so I hope such tiny amounts won't do damage.

MsJMC, it must be so hard for you emotionally right now. The diet must be the last thing you want to think about. Your in my thoughts.

hugs to you jack, it must be really had for you at the moment.

Miss M I've been in the same situation, but stick with it, not sure why it happens the fact that your jeans feel loose must mean you are losing fat, the weight will catch up.

Hi wes finally met back up with my cdc ...shes been on holiday my weigh in weight was 13 stone 5 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my weigh in day is thursday so ill post you my loss next week.
Sorry about the chaos that has been my life of late....hopefully itl settle now. Am so gutted as if id been able to carry on id only ave about 4 weeks to go untill id be at goal now :( pants
Well im back and im determined, just wish i was smaller for summer ho hummmmm and depressing as i weighed in a pound and a half heavier than last time nevermind back to it. How is everyone else doing??

Hi miss m and thanks. im kinda going to go for 9 stone 5 so that would be four stone but ideally 8 and a half to 9....im 5 ft 2 so thats about right. Have a cracking headache today hate the first few days.
Am so paranoid at the mo that ill lose it and even if i eat healthy all the time ill get fat im worried it dont matter what i do ill be fat.. silly but i cant help it :(
How long have you been doing it for miss m??
Wes your doing well hun how much more do you have to go?
Hopefully wel have better results next week if we have a cple of first weeks in there!

Hurrah, I'm so pleased you are back, any fright on the scales must be a good thing as it just makes you more determined. You are the same weight as me and I've lost 2 stone so it isn't all bad chick! I want to be 10 stone and it is less than 3 months till I return to work so I guess I won't be at goal but I won't be far off.

Pants day today, I knew I had a bald tyre but have been ignoring it but today it punctured as I dropped my daughter at nursery. It was 9:20 when I called rac and they were supposed to prioritise me as I had a baby with me, phoned again at 10 and i hadn't been prioritised. they had guys off sick and eventually turned up at 11, I thought my bladder would burst. Then found out my other front tyre was bald on inner rim so I needed 2 tyres and tracking, RAC guy probably from low tyre pressure, asked him how often it should be checked and he said weekly or fortnightly, well I've had it since September and it hasn't been near a gauge. I laughed. What a girl, bless me! Finally got home at 1:15, baby had filled 2 nappied and run out of her 1 bottle of milk, it wasn't looking good. So I'm £120 worse off and on basic maternity pay, grrrr.
Sadly, I felt stressed and have eaten meat, cheese and nuts. Hopefully yesterday's killer exercise has counterbalanced it. She made us do power lunges and jumps across an open park, must have entertained the cars, us mad women with our buggies.
Miss M, my clothes are loosening up too and about time. I long to sell my maternity stuff and get back into my own clothes that haven't got elasticated waists.
Going to see dad tomorrow and staying in a hotel. Hmm, whole family in 1 room with baby still waking at night and no microwave to warm milk but rely on kettle. Still, only 1 night. Anyway, hope to be back in time to post results on Sunday - sorry if they are late though. I think Ireneh will be ok with it as a one off.

hi everyone, sorry not been on much but my daughter has been hogging the comp for her A levels revision,we're having visitors over the weekend arriving anytime now so don't know if I'll be able to get on or not, might not be able to do wi on sun but not looking good on that front anyway, had a bad couple of days picking up to this morning lost 0.5lb this week , so you'd better use that as my wi wez, because we're supposed to be going out for the day tomorrow and sunday.
Hope everyone else is doing ok,

Hi Team

Hi to want2beslim , I'm Jack , so how are you doing at starting back on CD , I have not been good for few days gone off the rails but today I'm giving it !00% .
Thanks guys for your kind words and mum is not so good , I will see her today , they only let me see her for 10 mins but it was still good to have 10 mins .
Wez it will be cozy all off you in that one room hehe , hey think of all the help you might get when baby wakes or huh not hehe .
Hope everyone else is doing good , Trisha you need another PC lol
Miss M how are you ? Yes you seem like me hooping on them scales and thinking well its 3 days now , so move scales lol
Ok no Weigh in for me , sorry guys , now I need to push hard like my tickers says I don't have long , think there are a few of us like me at the moe , with not long and needing to lose more but unsure if we will in the time we have set ourselfs .
Ok I'm dreading this headache coming , well can only blame myself ., why ho why .... If I knew that you'd be slim lol

Hi all bless us this is hard as a diet if i milkshake i always wish i could eat healthy and if i eat healthy its not quick enough so i want to milkshake!
Wes what a nightmare day typical for it to happen like that bloody awful when you have babes with you....lets face it you need to have a mobile shop to hand when you take a baby out!
How are you feeling about your return to work hun? i remember that one for me real mixed emotions ...looking forward to adult conversation but not wanting to leave baby.
Well there is now a family meal tom for my nans birthday grrrrr have had to ss plus the last few days im finding harder this time but am cross cos i just want this done!
Hi msjmc nice to meet you, what are your goals and how are you doing?
Well i hope ....well have a good weekend all of you love n hugs xxx

just popped on for a quick hi to everyone, the guests (sister in law and her husband) are downstairs having a coffee/biscuits while waiting for my brother in law to arrive then whole family going out, was supposed to be a long walk but its pouring down so might have to change plans.
I know we need another comp, we have a laptop, but its not wireless, and when we tried setting up router, completely messed up all internet connections so we don't bother, and as emma is off to uni in sept, won't need 2 comps anyway
sorry to hear about your mum jack it must be really hard for you now, but understand how you feel I lost my mum when I was 24, she was in hospice, and I know how had it is to see someone you love suffer.
hope you are having a better day wes
have a gppd day rest of team 27.

Hi all, sorry ive been MIA for a bit, went to visit family this week, tried to avoid all the massive meals they cooked...used every excuse in the book....they all think CD is some sort of starvation society, so ive learned not to tell them, kept in ketosis though, and i down 2lbs this week.

Ive noticed my clothes are bigger too this week...its the best feeling ever....much more satisfying then weigh ins....i got all my summer clothes out of storage....I could actually get into some of them too....i felt like i was beig sliced in half...but the buttons did up, yey!....hopefully soon they might fit properly.

hope everyones okay!

Hi all hope everyone is well

Well, i am a bit baffled with my weight, my jeans are getting very loose but i have only lost a pound!!!!!!!!!!! so i am not happy and getting disheartened. I really want to lose 2 1/2 stone by the end of august and i am not sure if it is going to happen. I am 12.5 5ft 2 so way to heavy for my frame.

Just not sure what to do now :eek:(

Results for this week:

Wez 2.09%
Naz 1.31%
Miss M 0.58%
Trisha 0.37%
MsMJC 0%

Team 0.9%

Miss M, don't be disheartened if you are seeing results in your clothes, would you feel good if the scales went down but your clothes felt the same? People are more likely to notice loose clothing. I have just been with my family, 2 stone lighter than I last saw them and although they talked about the diet they didn't mention or encourage a change in my size. Probably won't see my sister & her family for another 2 months and hope I'll be 2 stone nearer my goal then and positive comments will be made.

Naz & IW2BS, family meals are hard, we went to a carvery on sat night and dad's partner cooked a fry up for breakfast and a roast for lunch. Stuck to my water and ate later. At least feeding and changing a baby is my distraction.

Hey Trisha, the rain was awful in Wales, dad had 3 inches of rain in her front and back garden because the sewer pipes were blocked, his neighbours had flooded which is luckily as he is semi detached with them. Did you get out for your walk? I set my laptop up to a witreless router because the pc is in the office and it is lonely, much prefer to surf with the tv and family...like now.
MsJMC, the room was fine, baby woke at 2:15 and then 5:50 but didn't wake dd up cos she hadn't gone to sleep until we'd turned the light off at 10. We left a light on and the room was so bright but needed it when trying to warm up baby milk in their travel kettle!
So sad to hear about your visits to your mum, I am sure every moment you have with her is precious now.

Hi Guys

thanks everyone for your kind words ...
Trisha , you was so young 24 , yes its sad seeing them like that , was mum in the hospice long .
I saw mum today , she is very confused and not drinking or eating ....
Wez you did well , yes you need light when doing the bottles , i remember these days when people talk about things like this , brings it back .
Naz you will find people have a negative answer about CD , I know the feeling , as my family are like this alot .
Hi want2beslim , I'm needing to sort myself out with CD and it really is a good diet and I know it works and I know having a break is not the answer , why is it with me I get to 3 weeks and the scales slow down and I lose faith but at the end of the day I know it works , huh , only answer to put the scales away then i'll wonder and wonder hehe.
Well Monday is on its way where did the weekend go , its been raining alot this morning , but I love to see the rain as we don't get the rain like we used too , hey now i'm showing my age lol
I love it when it rains and its dark outside and the trees and grass look a different colour , hey i'm not going mad hehe

hey, Jack here in Lancashire we get the rain, lots of it :sigh: but its been lovely today, went on a long walk with family, sister in law her husband, brother in law, Emma me and oh, had a really good time, went for pub lunch I had plain salad.

wez did you enjoy wales despite the rain? I tried setting the laptop up with a router, but didn't work and couldn't get on internet with main comp so we took router out.

Naz and IW2BS know whta you mean about family meals we've had in laws staying with us since friday. didn't want to tell them about cd, so told them I was cutting out carbs and eating salads, and ww soups!!

Jack my mum was in and out of hospice over 2 years, but she died at home, it was what she wanted, but all family were there, I found it really hard because I still lived at home at the time, and to see her suffer day in and day out was hard. My older brothers and sisters that lived near called in most days but me and younger sister were there everyday.

Hi Trisha

Well been up all night with teeth playing me up , just took something now .
Trisha that was hard seeing mum at home , mum does want to come home but step dad can't cope with that , so its ok as she is in a nice hospice .
2 years to live with cancer is very very hard , we have lived with it now since Jan this year and its in her lung and brain and only months she was told at that time , but she now is not eating or really drinking .
We have two pc running off the router , but my ex husband sorted it all out , so unsure whats involved .
But spet you will have it all to yourself .
So you get alot of rain there , we hardly have rain now .... ok we can share it lol
how is everyone eles doing ?
I may have asleep now as got none last night ....if you see this sdjhwwiqksdmkm you know my head has hit the keyboard lol
Ok have a lovely day guys ! keep fighting this weight loss !

Bless you both ....obviously i missed all the details but i fel for you cancer is a dreadfull illness...my hub had it when he was younger thankfully he is still in remission but it is a cruel cruel disease.
Strength to you at this horible time.
Well i survived the family meal and it included birthday cake my alltime weakness :) i am proud of myself so i managed 100 % yesterday but by the time i get weighed ill have only been going properly for 4 days ....im hoping that means ill lose well next week as well.
It feels a long way off till goal!
Wes well done you...family rooms r torture ...oh the days when hotel rooms were for 2 :)
Well love and luck to you all .....and spesh luck to those who wi today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone family finally gone and now got house back, its really lovely seeing them, they live in hampshire so don't get to see them very often, but its really nice having house back to normal, wi tomorrow will let you know how I get on.

Last edited:
Back