Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Hope your water intake has improved Trisha! When are the exams over?
I decided to stop taking water flavouring and doing my best to keep my intake to 4 litres but it is tough. Worse bit is the regular loo visits.

Had a good day. Trying to get the kitchen cleaned. Did all the windows and surfaces but I only get the odd half hour when baby sleeps. It really isn't something you feel like doing in the evening especially as I've been awake since 5 and don't get to rest till the girls are in bed. 4 year old can't wear open toe sandals to school so we have had trouble finding summer shoes for her so in the end we decided on some cheap shiny silver ballerina pumps from Matalan. If they only last the next 2 months until she goes to school then they've done the job. I was just fed up of searching the shops with 2 kids in tow.

hi wez been trying hard with the water, but still lagging behind. not had a very good day diet wise, okay at work but when I'm at home just can't focus, and I've been picking again went to the gym but couldn't really be bothered so didn't stay long, hope I can get back in the groove tomorrow. I think most of the exams are over, at least the ones where we are likely to be needed to scribe etc, so should be able to up water a bit more at work now as can nip to the loo between lessons.
Ahh I remember the school shoes problems so well, it used to be a nightmare, and that was with just one kid, I don't envy you trailing around with 2. I really need to catch up with the housework too, but will have to leave it until the weekend.

where are the rest of the team? I know about Jack, but its been really quiet on here recently. off to bed now talk tomorrow

Yes, it's weird it is so quiet. What shall we do? Leave it until after the weekend to see if we have at least 3 entries for Sunday's tournament. Not looking too good though is it?

Daughter had last school visit today and she has come down with tonsilitis but gp wouldn't give her any antibiotics because it is viral. As I'd kept her off nursery, I thought after a rest she could go to the school for the 45 min visit. She was clingy but let me leave for the last 10 mins when they had carpet time.
Different story at home, baby refused to eat for dh and cried herself to sleep in his arms for the rest of the time. Left for meal to deal with when I got home. Grr, she is 6 months old and such a mummy's girl but then she spends all her life with me.
Stuck to the diet today, had 3.5 litres of water and a couple of sticks of water. Didn't get to my exercise group so not sure when I'll pick that time up as I need to burn fat. Went to a friend's house who has a 4 month old baby and she goes to the gym twice a week, I really haven't the money nor babysitter to be able to do it. Daughter is off sick tomorrow too so won't be pounding the pavements then. Hmm, I'll wait till dh takes them both out at 3 I think.

Ok, I have put an ad for 1 place on the advertising agency sticky.
Fingers crossed.

Shocking news about MJ wasn't it? I was up with baby 3-4:30 then dd got me up at 6 with her tonsilitis. We were watching rubbish kids tv when dh heard it on radio news. Couldn't believe it so went upstairs to watch tv news. Wow, what coverage. Then got fed up of MJ news overload throughout the day.
So dd is still poorly, she has broken out in a rash throat, chest and tummy but it doesn't affect her. Hopefully she doesn't have measles and hope baby doesn't get her germs although she was grumbly this afternoon. Really pleased when dh turned up at 3 to take them both out.
Had a good diet and water day again so there should be a good loss for Monday wi. I am liking only having porridge for breakfast and tea with bar for lunch, thought I'd find it boring but I feel like I am eating with the porridge. Psyllium makes it quite thick. I have always liked ready brek anyway so suits me.
Looking forward to being pampered at the hairdressers tomorrow. DH's work is running a free funday so I hope to meet dh and kids there after, really hope it is dry. It is usually a great day and dd loves the bouncy castle and face painting.
Are you all doing ok?

I couldn't believe the news about mj so sad,
My diet isn't going so well, keep picking, feel very distracted because of friend, she is still hanging on, but is sedated, and doesn't know, and I'm finding it quite hard to take in really, then all the chocs that are coming into school from year 11s aren't helping. I'm going to try and focus over the weekend, and get back on track and into ketosis, then hopefully it should get easier, glad you are doing okay on the diet, someone in the team needs to! I promise I will try and so better next week. I've not tried the porridge, but I have never liked porridge so never fancied trying it.

sounds like you've got a fun weekend, hope that dd is better for it,
What are you having done to your hair?

morning everyone,
I am going to try hard and stick to cd 100% today, had a really bad week, since news of my friend, so wi won't be good. going to have my first shake then its off to the gym. I'll post later with wi results, hvae a good day everyone

had a good session at the gym, and feel better or it, but at unofficial wi put on 1.5 lb:cry: sorry to let the team down.

It may be a gain but at least it'll come off just as quick. You are so close to goal and I still have so far to go but on a mission.

Dd is still poorly, she broke out in a rash, I phoned NHSdirect but they were only taking urgent calls (probably about swine flu). Took her to pharmicist and they said she had to see a doctor as a rash is dangerous in children but told me to give her piriton. Poor girl is drugged up with that and ibuprofen. I'll see how she is in the morning but I doubt she'll be going to nursery. Probably for the best.

Had a lovely time at hairdressers, roots dye and cut. I love it when it has just been done, so shiny and holds the style even when I wash it. Only been a couple of months since re-style but it keeps it fresh and choppy. Gives a feel good factor too.
Came out & called dh, he & fil had taken girls to funday and we were going to meet up for lunch but they decided to eat there, No probs, sat in garden with newspaper and large glass of water. Gorgeous suntrap and so quiet. Great while it lasted.
Nothing special today, Tesco shop, local park and dh had a puncture that needed a new tyre. Mundane but filled the day. So warm, sat in the garden after I'd put baby to bed and only came in because it was getting dark but dh went in at 8 to watch tv.

No team entry this week as we need 3 results. Looks like we are losing our team. I hope things change. I need the motivation.

hi wez

my friend died yesterday morning, I still find it hard to believe, funeral date not set yet but probably early next week, so diet went to pot again:sigh: I had a couple of biscuits:sigh: going to try and get back on track again! meant to be going for wi tomorrow, should have been today but had to stay late for a meeting, cdc is going away for 3 weeks on saturday, so I'll really need the team to keep me on track, I'm going see if cdc will let me skip wi and just pick up packs as if I show a weight gain will only depress me more.

hope dd is feeling better soon

Hello team 27

Thanks for your email Trisha. I hope the offer is still open to join your team.

I have had a little read of your recent postings and I am sorry to read about your friend Trisha.

I hope I can inject a little fresh enthusiasm to the team and benefit from your support. I may need a little patience because all this posting business is new to me.

I hope to do well and not let you down, being part of a team should encourage me.

I just wanted to say a quick hello but need to log off now because I have an impatient teenager wanting to use laptop.

I will log in tomorrow.

Let me know any information you would like from me. Thanks

speak soon

Oh Trisha that is such sad news, were you aware she was so near the end of her life? You need to take as much emotional time as you need to grieve before punishing yourself over cd. I really hope your cdc will support you through this, I believe very few cdcs are in it for business only, rather more to spread the benefits of cd from their personal journey.

Welcome Puggy. It would be helpful if you could let me know your last official wi and then tell me your weekly loss by the end of Saturday please.(I take it from your profile that you started today so could you just confirm that 207 is the official number I need) On Sunday I have to submit our biggest loser and the collective team loss to Irene for the friendly tournament.

I am trying to get rid of baby weight, my daughter was born in December and I re-started cd in March and hoping to get to goal of 10 stone by September when I return to work.

Today I was cooking a delicious curry and spicy rice from sw mag for dh and just could not (there was no stopping me) resist tasting it as I'd spent an hour on it. I honestly only had a teaspoon, it was gorgeous. Then I made my porridge for tea, it was a comedown but I kept reminding myself that I want to be slim.
I am really pleased that I lost 3lbs this week. Need this to continue but haven't had a lot of chance to exercise. DD was off nursery today, I phoned the doctors and they have a triage system where they call you to assess and he suggested to continue with Piriton and if I am still concerned by the end pf the week to bring her in. Hmm, not concerned at all so she is hopefully back tomorrow providing the nursery sickness policy lets her. She is tired and grumpy but I put that down to the heat as baby had a super moany grumble this morning, though I suspect she misses the routine of dd going to nursery.
Please introduce yourself to the team and copy our logo into your siggy.

Puggy - introduction

Wez - I can confirm that 207 is my official start weight. My CDC is away now until mid- July so I will use my home scales (which agree with CDC's) to WI each Saturday.

I can not see the team logo to copy?? unsure if it is a setting on my PC because on your posts the logo does not appear but I see a little box with the red cross in it which usually means that the PC can not display that field.

How many are there of us in team 27?

Just a little bit about me...

I am a married woman of 38, with a 14 year old son.

I started a 'career break' in 2003 and only intended to be away from work (accountancy) for a year max - however I am yet to make it back. Other than looking after my son and husband my 'break' has been punctuated with being the main carer for my grandmother, refurbishment of my house (we kind of regret buying it!), an unfortunate number of family tragedies and more recently a 18month spell working at a local school, which I left because we were due to move abroad (husband's job). However, since been told we are staying in UK.

I am now looking to return to work and am considering what form work will take.

What I am sure is I want to return fit and healthy...and slim(mer).

I was a size 10/12 before I had my son. Some weight can be attributed to pregnancy but most was gained because I had a very unhappy relationship with his father (now my ex). I have some very annoying 'issues' standing in my way with the task ahead:-
1. I LOVE FOOD (cooking it, eating it, sharing it...). Once I start I just can't stop.
2. I am an emotional eater - food is my friend in times of need. It has been a constant and faithfull friend for a long time.

I have completed my first day and half and it's been hard. My huband is a vegetarian and because of this I often cook more than one meal a night. Last night was no exception - torture!

Last night I was cutting up fruit for breakfast and the smell of the pineapple had me salivating. It would have been so easy to pop a little chunk into my mouth.
I have been good so far and fortunately I really enjoy drinking water. I just have to hope I can stick to this because it's going to be really hard.

Puggy x

Puggy - It is only 4 days but they feel so long. Getting into ketosis is hard but so worth it. Are you drinking plenty of water? It helps with the full feeling.
The team is quiet but should be 6 of us:
IWant2BeSlim, Naz, Miss M, Puggy, Trisha, Wez
We haven't heard from half the team for 2 wi results, not sure what to do there.
It can't be easy trying to return to work, are you actively looking for accountancy or applying for a change?
I find it hard preparing food for others, my 4 year old had toasted jam sandwiches and the smell of the toaster was good. Sadly our house still smells a bit of the curry (not good) but had the windows open all day so that should go.
My baby has had a really grumbling day again, she has cut 2 teeth and I gave her nurofen and she slept for 30 mins. I managed to get loads done in that hands-free time, mainly catching up on calls, like getting swimming lessons for dd which I applied in March, apparently she is 98 on the list but they have a 80 intake in sept so I have hope.
We went out for a walk at lunchtime as the sun broke, it was lovely, When I picked dd up from nursery I'd promised to take her to the park but it rained, still she slept in the car so I went for a drive -1st day back was obviously exhausting for her.
Diet has gone ok today but only did 3 litres, trying to do 4, may still get that litre in but don't want to be up all night.

hi puggy
I'm a Teaching Assistant in a high school working with pupils with special needs its okay but I feel like a change I've been there a long time and ideally would like to work in a special school, but there's not many jobs about and any that are,seem to have gone to people on supply etc.
I've got an 18 year old daughter, who is off to uni in september, before I had my daughter I used to work in accounts as well, but towards the end of my maternity leave I had the opportunity to take voluntary redundacy which I grabbed with both hands, as I wasn't intending going back anyway, and I retrained as a Nursery Nurse, mainly so that work would fit in with school hours and holidays etc
I've had a tough couple of weeks diet wise as a close friend had been very ill during this time and sadly passed away at the weekend.

My cdc is going on holiday for 3 weeks so just been and picked up supplies, and going to start afresh tomorrow.

Wez glad dd is better and back at nursery

Hi
how are you doing today? (Well I hope :D) Trish are your plans for your diet working today? Wez I hope the last traces of the aroma of that delicious curry you made, have cleared!

I have been sticking to this wretched programme but it's been really hard. The water is going down well, no problems there, however, feeling deprived of food. Everywhere I go food is haunting me. If it's not a pizza advert on the radio, it's welcoming pub lunch signs on my route home. I fed a friend's horse today and even his food looked tasty to me. Wez, I am reassuring myself with your words......it's only 4 days! I also keep telling myself that I can not put myself through this and then spoil it by having something that I need to wait just a little while longer for. I mean, it's not like I am never going to have a cake ever again is it?! I am determined to let this last just weeks and not go on for months and months. Besides, looked in the mirror today and gasped at the wibbly wobbly fat all over. What is it with this unkind age related phenomonem? I have been overwieight for some time but the fat has changed. It is nolonger just unsightly it has now become really wobbly and moves a lot when I move...OK I know too much info.

Wez - I spent yesterday with my closest friend like you she has two young children. Goodness, the demands of looking after young children, I can see how much your day is spent on a timetable of events and catching up on things when they have a little snooze. Exhausting in this heat! Her husband came back and he joked that nothing got done because she was chatting to friends all day....blooming cheek!

I am going to start researching work over the next couple of weeks, but very unsure at this stage. The obvious thing would be to go back to what I trained in but, I hated my last accountancy job. I loved working in the school but that was really more of a lifestyle job, I think I'm more suited to working in a commercial organisation. Having said that I loved working in a place of learning and the students were fabulous, really lovely, so who knows!

Trish - it's great that you have a clear idea on where you would like to work, it's a shame that there are not too many oppurtunities and they are being offered to supply. How exciting your daughter is off to uni. What course has she decided on? I have hopes my son will go on to uni but they diminish with each completed year. I think I am more concerned about his school work than he is :sigh: Oh well!

I am off to look at classes at local gym. I have paid monthly membership for the last year and not gone once..what a waste...

bye bye
speak soon

Damn this heat. Have fans on in the bedrooms and all downstairs doors & windows open. I know I love the sun and want it to be warm but when it creates grizzly kids who are struggling to sleep then it drives me nuts. I really hate to be cold so I do really welcome the summer but right now I have had enough of it. Got to keep kids out of the sun so baby and I spend hours today sitting in the lounge as though we were in the midst of winter. We went to our music sessions and she was ok then bawled when there was too much noise and other super mummy says how smiley she usually is. Bog off, we all have bad days, it's hot & she's teething - of course I never said that, just smiled in agreement. Sorry, just fed up.

Diet was going well today but cos girls took forever to settle and dh is at work, I have opened and ate a 150g packet of cashews. Oh well, I'll still be in ketosis but have more fat to burn.

Puggy, you are doing well. Please don't let this post put you off. I have been really focused. Food does seem to be everywhere but I don't have cravings generally. DD had a jacket potato for tea, cooked it and it looked yummy but I really didn't want it. I guess you just have to tolerate cooking for the family until you become immune to what they are eating. So 3 days done, you could be in ketosis tomorrow and those pangs will go, fingers crossed for you. Have you done cd before? What has instigated your journey to start now?

Trisha how has today gone?

Hey Puggy, things are so much better today. Last night was so hot but baby woke at 11:30 for a drink of water & then went back to sleep till 6:15. That was a relief.
Sticking well to the diet, had 2litres of water and been for 30 mins walk with the pram. It's a good day today.
Are you in ketosis?

Back