Team 27 - Weight to go team- The CD Returners

Wez, so sorry your weight loss is slowing, hope it picks up. I pulled out my old logs from WW/RC (going back to 2002!) and found I was only losing a lb or 2 per month, when I see that it really motivates me to keep going with this. A change might kickstart your system though. I've got a couple of tins of slimfast in the cupboard too, I'll probably use those up when I come off CD or if I plateau - then return to CD again.
I mentioned to my CDC today that I didn't think I'd make it to target weight on CD either, I'm hoping to be proven wrong. I didn't think I'd lose a stone in 2 weeks either but I managed that. However, my target date is so close to Christmas and I really don't want to be on CD over the holiday period so I'll stop then whatever my weight and restart in the new year - I'll probably use up the slimfast after the hol then try CD again, if necessary.

Well done alipally on your weightloss, 2.5lb is still a great loss! I'm a bit confused because I thought I was only allowed to follow SS for 4 weeks max then had to move up a plan for a week or two then move back down - is this right or can I stick to SS for as long as I feel comfortable? I certainly don't want to get to the stage where I feel as if I'm going to pass out, I felt a bit light-headed on Mon so had an extra shake that day (I'd had a really long day getting up at 5am with dd and finishing work at 11pm).

Weight loss this week is the same as last week: 7lb
New weight: 191lb

x

OMG! WTG Minivix! Another 7lb this week! Wooohoooo!
You're making up for the rest of our sad, slow losses here....

A stone in 2 weeks is impressive. you can do up to 12 weeks without a break from SS, although I still advise my clients to do an add a meal week (old style SS) Then at the end of 12 weeks do a week of 810.
Because I'm a CDC I do what I want, not what I'm told!:eek::p
I know that add a meal will do nothing for my dizzy/fainting spells, so I do 6 weeks straight then have a break for 2 weeks on the 810 plan (I had to go up to 1000 after the 3rd round as 810 no longer rectified the problem for me last time)

Well, I'm two packs and 2L down already today. It's bloody hard work glugging the water, I feel a bit like I'm drowning!

Wow well done mini another 7 lbs !!! thats fantastic

Wes, I'm pretty much the same as you but I know my slow losses are my own fault and due to my picking aarrgghhh!! I don't want to come off cd though as I know I will pile weight on if I do, I need to retrain my eating habits, and go through the cd plans properly, AND STOP PICKING !!!

Ali I think its a good idea to do 6 weeks ss then 2 weeks 810, kind of gives you something to look forward to, I'm also struggling with the water mainky because I'm in and out of the house at the moment, and don't want to get taken short.

better go and have 1L while I'm at home.

Well done Minivix on your huge loss, did you do anything different this week? You are doing so well, do you notice the change in your clothes yet?
I have only had 1 week of adding food before and it was hard to get back. I am really enjoying salad at the mo, particularly cottage cheese. Sorry, don't wish to mention food too much or bring the mood down. I only have 1~1.5 litres of water but have more mugs of tea. Great work Ali having 4 litres! You are always so positive and focussed.
Oh Trisha, I am such a picker, always have been so don't know how to re-address that. I have stopped buying tesco value cashews but I have bought unsalted ones from Julien Graves, they are in the house and I'll eat them. However, dd has a friend around to play tomorrow and we have bought party rings, choc fingers and cornettos and I am not tempted at all because I know it'll bring me out of ketosis. Weird how I consciously make these choices as all picking is wrong. Oh, sorry, talking about food again.

Well, 4l of water glugged yesterday and today, I'm 1lb down:cool:
I'm running a bit of an experiment for the next two weeks and I've started a thread to monitor it. Really there's no studies to say that the more you drink the more you lose, but the anecdotal evidence is out there, so it's a bit of an trial... not really very scientific, but if lots of us join it might show a pattern!

Here's hoping I manage 4lb next week!!!:rolleyes:

Good idea ali, I struggle with the water when I'm off work as I'm always out and about nad don't want to get taken short, but worth a try.

dd got her A level results 5 grade A's so she's definately in the uni of her choice which is Newcastle, I'm so so proud of her, but she does deserve it as she had worked so hard.

back to cd doing ok so far today just hope I can stay 100%, I've got to get back on track and shift this last stone or so.

Reactions: vj
Thanks for the advice alipally, 6 weeks SS then 2 weeks 810 sounds like a good approach. It's bad enough having to run off to use the loo every hour or so without the added pressure of possibly fainting! I'll see how it goes.

Good luck with your 100% water challenge, in my first week I drank roughly 4l but found I was waking twice a night so drank less last week. I keep 2x2l bottles in the fridge to make shakes and drink neat (haha), it's only tap water but I find it easier to drink chilled. I've not been monitoring intake but know if I have to re-fill one at least once a day I've done my CD-approved quota if I've also had a hot drink and/or soup (filling the kettle straight from the tap).

One thing I did do differently last week was switch from normal coffee to de-caff, usually I can't stand the stuff but I just can take the caffeine hit at the moment. Not expecting a huge weightloss next week, will be pleased with 2-3lb. This diet really makes me feel like I'm on a detox, not looking forward to re-introducing certain foods.

CDC gave me a Peanut bar to try this week, I've hidden it at the back of the fridge 'cos I'm worried it will trigger my appetite. I'm the type of person who feel compelled/obliged to finish a packet of bars (Special K, choc, biscuits, you name it) rather than stop at just one. I'm pretty sure once I eat it I'll head straight for the biscuits so it'll be staying where it is for a little while longer.

Another reason I'm so motivated at the moment is that I've found out that M-i-L is doing WW with DH's Sister. M-i-L can be very competitive, I've not told either of them I'm on CD but will have to soon as we've been invited to dinner by M-i-L. I'm dreading having to tell her I won't be able to eat her food and being made to feel guilty for a) refusing to eat it, and b) losing more weight than her. Eek!

Clothes are a little looser but definitely haven't gone down a dress size yet (still a 16).

:553::talk017::party0011::party0011::party0011:5 As:party0011::party0011::party0011::talk017::553:
Wow Trisha you must be so proud of DD. I bet she's out celebrating! Are you getting her a reward?
Well done you sticking to 100%. Are you looking forward to going back to work? Kids are in on the 3rd but I'll be setting up from the 1st, so looking forward to going back now.

Ali - fab idea to keep track of water related to weight loss. I know when I drank 3-4 litres, it keeps that full/bloated feeling but, like Mini, I was up in the night.

Mini, what a competitive streak you have. It is bound to pay off. cd vs ww, no challenge. I have been decaf for years and don't notice the difference, even buy decaf coke for the family too. Good luck for a great loss.

Well ladies, I read a jan edition of a diet mag where they are promoting all diet and exercise techniques. As a result I have bought an ijoyride. The main reason is that even though I can get into my work trousers, I can't do them up. I need something to focus the baby bulge and love handle area. Plain old exercise is dull and trampolining is great cardiovascular but doesn't target areas. I can't get a babysitter so I can swim or join a gym so I see this as an investment in myself. Only 15 mins, twice a day, surely I can manage that and if I drop a dress size in 8 weeks then fab news too. Anyway, it is being delivered next Friday. The aam is going well but weight is rising, might have to resort to ss over the weekend.

Thanks Wez, yes extremely proud of her, she was out yesterday celebrating with her friends and again tonight!! she wants some new ghd's for uni so shes having those and also some cash.

We are back in work on the 1st also, kids back in 3rd like you, not really looking forward to going back, but wil be ok once there, thats the problem with having such long holidays, its always a downer having to go back, also don't know what kids I'll be working with as senco hadn't done timetables when we left, I was hoping to keep with the ones I was with last year, but I doubt it as there are some very difficult ones starting in year 7,. your exercise machine souds like fun, you'll have to keep us informed how you get on with it,.

Already drunk half a litre of water, going to try for 3-4 litres se if it makes a difference, also trying for 100% again today I managed it yesterday, but it was sooo hard.

mini can I have some of your motivation please? I'm the same with bars, I find that they want to make me "cheat" as once I've had the taste I want to carry on eating, I only buy them occasionally.

Last edited:
Well Wez!! the ijoyride looks like a whole lotta fun!!! It looks a bit like a BIG marital aid!!;) I'm looking forward to your feedback on it IYKWIM!;) LOL
Trish, Fab results for you DD! Hope that she's not too hungover after the celebrations!
Well, I've weighed in today and another 1.5lb down.... if this continues I may become a believer in the 4litres a day mantra!!!

Well Wez!! the ijoyride looks like a whole lotta fun!!! It looks a bit like a BIG marital aid!!;)
Funny, isn't it? Read another board (when googling it) that said she was going to use it by the window for the neighbours, um, interest. Others suggested screaming at the same time. Anyway, I think as it is 48lb then it'll have to find a static place, ironically the bedroom. If it was downstairs I think dd will be jumping on bucking bronco style, can't imagine what she'll be telling her teacher about it.

Another 1.5lbs down, well done Ali. As you can get the 4 litres down, then it'll certainly have loads of benefits.

Trisha, keep up the 100%, that is fab. Gosh, new ghds, don't they last forever??:D Had mine for years and work perfectly, love 'em.

Drinking loads of tea at the mo, had all my packs and made a salad but having a break. Just wish the scales would go down. Right, I think going ss over the weekend is the way to go.

morning eveyone, didn't manage 100% yesterday nibbled :(
scales only show a 0.5 lb loss from last week :( have tried drinking more water just over 3 litres yesterday, hoping this will show up on mon eve for official wi.

Hi guys....

Trish, you need to make a decision and perhaps do SS+ so that nibbling isn't such a big deal... It's much easier than spending everyday berating yourself.

Well I managed to glug 4l again yesterday (Ugh! I really hate having to do it!) and the scales have rewarded me with another 1lb loss this morning! :D So far, torturing myself appears to be worth it! :p

Thanks for the advice ali, it is soooo good having our very own cdc in the team, and one who understands how hard it can be. my own cdc is great, but never cheated and has kept weight off, (cdc's oh also did cd as well, so it much make it so much easier, not to have a fridge full of food) ss+ does seem like a sensible option for me.

Feeling more positive today, had a good workout/swim at the gym, and catching up on some paperwork , bank statement has just arriived!!! and also housework. Its amazing, I've been tidying/cleaning house all week, but it still looks like a bombs hit it, I'm sure its not as messy when I'm working, and just catching up with cleaning etc at weekend.

Well! the water experiment is defo working for me... might even mean that we win next week!!

4 days in and 4.5lb lost so far... I got on the scales this morning, convinced that they would have to stay the same... another 1lb gone!!
I'm now 2lb from being overweight...... 5lb from being under 200lb and 8lb from making it to 100lb lost!!!

When will we hear the results of this weeks tournament Wez!

Trish, how's the water going. I appreciate it's difficult to get it down you when it means you have to wee every hour.... I took a 3 hour journey from Worcester to Wales..... I now know every petrol station between Worcester and cardiff (I do the M50 run!) :eek:, but for those losses, I'll live with the inconvenience and the fact that I really hate plain water!
Have a great Sunday everyone!

Ali, those are great results, really motivating. What were you doing in Cardiff? I grew up there, really miss the place, particularly the shopping and nightlife.

Trisha, at least that housework will burn the fat. Another loss is great, however small.

We have family coming for lunch and I've done a cake and still have a roast, trifle and ice-cream to make. I love cooking, shame I can't taste the benefits but I will have meat and green veg today.

Results submitted

Minivix 3.54%
Alipally 1.18%
Trisha 0.36%
Wez 0.3%
Team 1.47%

Ali, tournament results normally posted Monday am in the sticky above.

hi ali managed 4 litres yesterday, but scales sts :( hoping for a change tomorrow, not drank as much today as we have been out most of the day, but will try and catch up now.

Wez, I enjoy cooking too, you are good only having the meat and veg, but it will be worth it when you have lost the weight.

Last edited:
Oh dear, the will was there...
I did only have planned meal with the family but I sampled the trifle and lemon drizzle cake by the mouthfull. Ok, not drastic and it tasted good. Was it worth it? Probably not :(

Trisha, at least you did 4 litres for a day, it is a start and going forward! Do you think you'll find it easier when you are back at work? New term, fresh start.

Back