Team 30 **The Meltaways**

Well dont everyone! You are all doing fantastic!!!

Claire-Im sure your friends will defo notice. Let us know how it goes.

Rhiana-wouldnt that be fab for your hols! Im sure you will do it, you have been so good so far.

Thinfor30- enjoy your weekend but be sure to set a date to get back on the plan.

I hope Lisa and Proud Prencessa re OK, havent heard from them in a while. I wonder how Lisa's move went??

I havent been too well and have been working away so have had a set back really. I have been eating all sorts. I missed my WI as I was unwell so dont now what the damage is really. Im back on plan now and getting weighed a week on Saturday. I cant wait to get to target. Im sure ill do it. xx

Hi Tracey,

We have a full team right now, but we haven't heard from a couple of member for a while. I'll keep you informed if we get a vacancy xxx

Hey girlies!

It's been very quiet on her recently - hope you're all doing well and coping ok!

I've just had my WI this morning and lost another 3lbs. My losses are starting to steady out to about 3lbs a week, which is fine with me - am now over half way there, 2 stone down, 2 to go! The end is now more in sight!

I'm back at work now after the 6 weeks holiday, been nice getting back to work, but it's so tiring!

Becky - you'll definitely get to target! You've worked so hard to get this far, you'll be there before you know it! Glad you're feeling better now. You're right, we haven't heard from the others in a long time now, hope they're doing ok.

Rhiana - it must be nearly your holiday now! Bet you're getting excited!

Claire x

Hi Claire,

Well done on your losses. :) I've not been doing so good, I'm following the diet and I do really well for the first few days of the week then just before my weigh in I seem to gain 3 lbs from no where and end up with a stay the same or a pound loss for the week. It's getting me down a bit now.

I'm off on holiday on saturday, can't wait. Going to do my add a meal week while I'm away too, hopefully I won't put on too much. Might be the boost my body needs tho.

xxx

I lost 3lbs this week - 3lbs under my 4st loss and 2lbs away from being under 19st :( ah well. No doubt I'll put on next week anyway.

I'm off on holiday on saturday so I'll see you all when I get back.

Hope everyone is ok xx

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good weekend!

I went away for August Bank Holiday and drunk for 3 days none stop. Didn't eat very much (too hungover) and enjoyed myself thoroughly. I knew I was going away since I started the diet so I was worrying about it when I was losing so much weight the first few weeks. But I was really determined to start as soon as I got home and I did! Took me a few days to get into ketosis but downed loads of water and stayed positive because I believed in the diet.

I got weighed and lost 6lbs in the 2 weeks since my last WI. Very pleased as I'm now under 14 stone and have lost over 2 stone altogether. Back now on regular weekly weigh ins and will be staying SS until late October when my mother (who doesn't know about CD!) is coming to stay with me for the weekend.

So very pleased overall, and hoping for steady losses throughout the next couple of months.

Any news from anyone else?

I'm back!!!

:eek:Hello lovely ladies!

Sooooo sorry for not being on here for ages. Despite good intentions, I completely fell off the wagon. This was mainly due to bad timing of trying to restart SS when I'd just started my new job. Hey, who am I kidding - it was just due to my being lame!

So I felt really, really guilty about not being on CD, and used not having internet access as an excuse for not coming onto the forum. I have finally got around to getting access at home and no longer have an excuse. And can I just say WOW ladies! You have all been doing great!! :worthy:

With regards to my current situation, I'm not at all sure which way to go, i.e. whether to start CD again...

I've put a fair amount of weight back on but have been exercising so it's not all bad. I have a wedding in November that I need to get in shape for. However, with all my military stuff coming up, I also need to keep improving my fitness with regular, pretty intense exercise. Is anyone exercising whilst on CD?? Are you OK with that? Or does it limit exercise tolerance??

My other issue is that my friends and family hate my being on CD. When I lapsed back in August, everyone actively encouraged me to stay off it and to lose weight through exercise instead. I know they only do it because they think the diet is unhealthy, and I should have strength of character to shrug it off, but it does make me feel less than motivated.

Just not sure what to do. What do you all think??

Lise xxxx

Lise welcome back! We need to revive the team thread! Good to see you back :)

Glad you're coming back and joining us. I'm in a bit of an 8 week funk - only lost 1lb last week (okay okay I did go out drinking one night...) but I've been good as gold this week so hoping for 3lbs as I want to get to my 3rd stone before 21st October (3 month CD anniversary). It's worth the harder days - I feel loads better now and getting compliments left, right and centre!

Regarding exercise - I was doing a martial arts class and felt fine. I can have 4 CDs a day so all I did was eat all of them a little earlier than I normally would - had my last one about an hour before the class. I felt fine but I want to move into some harder cardio at some point and I'm a bit concerned about my lack of fitness rather than the CD!!

Oh and regarding the family and friends thing - I only told a few people anyway - they're really understanding and they can see I look and feel great! I live away from my parents so they don't know (they just think I'm eating a lot less!). Instead of Add A Meal week I just discussed with my CDC if I can have planned breaks - that means if I absolutely have to eat a meal I can - but I just have the healthiest thing on the menu. I've found it no problem at all to start back on CD the next day.

Slimming World is a good diet if you don't mind smaller losses - although it doesn't seem right that you can eat so much!!

Let us know how you get on x

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Im a little confused, I posted on here last week from my PC at work but my message isnt here.hum!

Oh Well, Im so sorry I havent been on here for ages, I have had a really hard time with the diet, infact I gave up as I was finding it so hard with being back in the uni (and I have moved)and in the hospitals with no chance to pee or drink water.lol! I have gained a fair bit.11lbs. I can really tell.

I was going to just try and eat healthy but I want to get to target, I was so close and feel like ive really let meself down. I wanted to go back to see my CD but felt I couldnt coz I was embarressed. Anyhow, I have been back and got my supplies and an starting again on monday. Now in settled in the hospital I hope I can cope better now.

I am so glad to hear you are all doing so well. Keep up the hard work.

Lisa-You need to do whats right for you, but some of my friends were the same, they like me to eat.lol! but at the end of the day I need to do whats going to make me happy. Let us know what you decide. Good luck. xx

Nearly a week in and 100%! Yay!

Hi Girls,

Saw that the group thread is a bit quiet so thought I would bluster through!

After faffing about a lot with which plan to do, I ended up getting weighed at my GPs in a routine check up - had put on all the weight I originally lost! (Admittedly it was TOTM, I was wearing jeans and trainers but this was still a shock!). So went straight back on the plan (SS+, with 4 packs and 200ml milk) last Monday, using packs that I had left over pre-house move. For some reason am very motivated so have not cheated once! Think it may be the fact that I'm being a bridesmaid in the first week of November and suddenly realised just how close that is... :eek:

I have about five days of packs left, so obviously need to find a CDC in my new area. Will weigh myself tomorrow and then post the results on here! :)

So how is everyone else doing?? Hope that you are all on track and doing well. Becky, did you manage to get back on the plan? I hope so! I know what you mean about finding it tricky to fit CD in at work, luckily I have a bladder of steel so no problems so far with having to pop to the loo! The main worry for me this week has been breathing gross ketone breath over my patients...!

Hope to hear from you all soon.

L xxxxx

Welcome back Lise. Not sure if there's anyone else around, but I'm still updating my weekly losses. Good luck, you're doing well already!!

Katie x

Hi Katie!

Am still going strong! Will dig out my scales (not sure where they went in the move!) and will post losses (being optimistic here...) tomorrow!

Looking at your losses - you've done so well! Forty pounds!!! Wow!

Lise xxxx

Just realised every single sentence I wrote there was punctuated by an exclamation mark... Oh dear...

L xx

Whoop! Whoop! Lost at least* 8 pounds this week!

Hope everyone else is doing well. :)

Lise

*Not exactly sure what my starting weight was! It was definitely as much as my previous starting weight, so have probably lost a bit more.

Well done Lise that's absolutely brilliant. Good to see you back on it. I always remember you from the beginning as we're about the same height and about the initial start weight.

I lost a whopping 5lbs this week. I can't believe it as I've been a steady 3lbs most weeks. It's been so worth it, 3 stone 3 lbs in 12 weeks. I'm planning to move up the plans when I feel ready then use Slimming World to maintain. I'll SS throughout November as I have a few nights out to factor in! My CDC agrees as we think I need a 'plan'. A girl needs a plan!

Keep on keeping on!

Hi Guys,

Well I went back 3 weeks ago, I weighed in at 11st 11lbs. Over the next week I faffed about doing the odd day then did 2 shakes a day and an evening meal as low in carbs as possible. At my WI I lost 2 lbs, which was better than I expected. This week again Ive faffed not doing it properly. Im going to try and do a full week of SS. I really need to get back on the plan but after about 2 days of SS im getting terrible leg cramps.

I cant explain it only started to happen when I was down to 11 stone, which was one of the reasons I came off the plan. Any ideas of what I can do to stop it happening. Im not into tonic water.lol!

I cant see how I should be lacking something when all of the nutrients are in the shakes, bust saying that when my mum got to near her target her ahir went very thin. So id defo advise someone to add meals near to target.lol!

Well done Thinfor30 and Lisa for doing so wel. Its hard staying motivated. Keep posting how you are doing.

Becky. x

Hi girls, I'm so sorry I've not been around lately. I kind of fell off the wagon big style after my holiday and have struggled to get back on since.

Hoping now that I've past the struggle and am back.

Do you girls still want to keep the team going? Would you like to elect another team leader? (I have no issue with this as work monitoring internet access closer these days so not sure how my posting is going to be)

Who do we still have around? do we need to advertise?

xxx

(just read that IreneH has already asked all this lol )

Hey guys,

I have been thinking about leaving the group. As I am not able to post often enough at the moment to contribute in the way I think I should. I think a few are in the same position at the mo. I am still doing the diet with slow progress but not getting major losses. So I am going to say farewell. I hope to pop in and see how you are all getting on though if thats OK? Thanks for all of your support over the summer, It helped me a lot.

Hope to see you all getting great losses.

Speak soon,

Becky. x

Back