Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

:party0011:Woo Hoo!!! Girls I've got some good news!!!! I've been tidying out my wardrobe and found my body fat scales (hidden there along time ago because having 46% body fat was mortifying). Anyway, they still work so I hopped on:scale: and it's gone down to 31%. Which seemed to me like a great loss but 31% seems high still. so I googled :character00148: Body Fat percentage and found out that at 31% my body fat now falls at the very top of ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!:party0049: :clap: :giggle::party0019: :talk017: :bliss::party0011:

I just had to share that with you cos I'm so stunned!!!

:party0011:Woo Hoo!!! Girls I've got some good news!!!! I've been tidying out my wardrobe and found my body fat scales (hidden there along time ago because having 46% body fat was mortifying). Anyway, they still work so I hopped on:scale: and it's gone down to 31%. Which seemed to me like a great loss but 31% seems high still. so I googled :character00148: Body Fat percentage and found out that at 31% my body fat now falls at the very top of ACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!:party0049: :clap: :giggle::party0019: :talk017: :bliss::party0011:

I just had to share that with you cos I'm so stunned!!!

:girlpower:Thats blooming amazing :girlpower:
Well Done, well worth dragging me out of my lurking mode this evening :party0038:

:girlpower:Thats blooming amazing :girlpower:
Well Done, well worth dragging me out of my lurking mode this evening :party0038:
Thanks hun xx
PS I went a bit overboard on the smilies didn't I? But I was just so excited!!!

Thanks hun xx
PS I went a bit overboard on the smilies didn't I? But I was just so excited!!!

I'm a big fan of the smilies, so put in as many as ya like :p

I'm watching the Xfactor but its a bit repetitive, guess until they get down to the final entrants its hard to be bothered getting to know them...mmmmm me thinks my sore foot is affecting my mood :eek:

:happy096: That's awesome news hun! How great is it now we're all a bit further along in our journeys that we're discovering all these other things to be excited about (instead of food ;))

BB - you must have been trekking to have sore feet - good girl. How's our little mascot going? She still losing or has she hit target?

:happy096: That's awesome news hun! How great is it now we're all a bit further along in our journeys that we're discovering all these other things to be excited about (instead of food ;))

BB - you must have been trekking to have sore feet - good girl. How's our little mascot going? She still losing or has she hit target?

Sadly no trekking, just a walk into the doorjam last night on the way to the bathroom, that'll teach me to switch some lights on :p, Ellie is grand, shes looking slimmer by the week, her second month weigh in is next Friday morning, i've got high hopes for her :giggle:

Hey my lovely ladies,

What a pearler of a day we have out there. I've done all my washing for the week and just about to head out to buy ingredients to make a 40th birthday cake and some cupcakes :p for a workmate tomorrow.

I've turned into such a feeder on this diet. I've lost track of the amount of excuses I've found to make cakes/cupcakes for work colleagues. I've managed to pretend to eat one most times as well or 'save' one for later so they haven't grown suspicious!

Although I think they're cottoning on now I'm wearing smaller clothing ;).

Imagine being caught out being a feeder :eek:. hehe - totally evil :angeldevil:

Re feeders...... Once upon a time many years ago I was on tour with a dance company in scotland... I was a bit wilder in those days and went back to one of the dancer's digs, where he ordered us a HUGE pizza, (green peppers and green olives) and put on his favourite documentary about feeders in america... needless to say nothing (romantic) happened after that! Chubby chaser!

(I did live with him for two years after though!)

Morning all, well guess its afternoon, but I'm always slow at the weekends :p, still no sign of DD, I wish she'd post to let us know shes ok :eek:, I'm in a bit of a funk mood today, tested for ketosis and I'm in the deep pink, but I'm craving food/even hungry and about to go out to a dog show where I'll be surrounded by junk food :eek:, to try to beat this, I've cooked 5 fish fingers (Gordon Ramsey can sleep safe at night), now I'm sat here with my choc mint shake and 1/3 caramel bar. I'm going to bring some decaff diet coke, or sprite zero with me, and might even go buy some peanuts or roasted peanuts, cuz these will all help keep me in ketosis and ward off all those hotdog/burger vans :eek: I know its not bloody perfect but its the best I can think off.

Regarding the weekly weigh in scores, I was waiting for DD, do ya think I should just put her down as being away, and submit our scores :giggle: I never thought we could beat our all time low of 0.28% but this week we have managed to top that with a team score of 0.09% :giggle: ya gotta laugh.

Team score may not be the winner, but I think we've got the winning team, we've stuck together since day 1 :gen126:

Team score may not be the winner, but I think we've got the winning team, we've stuck together since day 1 :gen126:

Ah it's not really about the numbers is it? I wonder how many of the other teams are all still together almost 7 weeks on?? I love being part of this team because there's no pressure. We support each other no matter what.

I've turned into such a feeder on this diet.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. While we were on holiday I practically forced my friends boyfriend to eat cake and ice-cream and tell me what it was like. He was only too happy to oblige mind you. He wasn't quite so happy when we got back and he'd put on 7lbs, his girlf had lost 10lbs (on LL) and I'd lost 3lbs - not a happy boy - oops.

I'm worried about DD too, I hope she okay.

:giggle:I've done that to my best mate previously too on a diet at the beginning of this year. It was always "Can you please order this and this followed by this with that on the side and a smidgem of this".

He'd say "mmm that sounds really good, is that what your going to have". I'd say "No, no, that's what you need to order, I'm having a chicken salad (or some other superbly healthy thing)".... him... "Well I'm going to order that but you can't have any"... " Yep, no worries, only on the condition you tell me all about every mouthful!".

:giggle:

Yep sounds familiar, poor Dave had to describe every mouthful:eat: in detail. Still didn't hear him complaining at the time.:badmood:

:giggle:I've done that to my best mate previously too on a diet at the beginning of this year. It was always "Can you please order this and this followed by this with that on the side and a smidgem of this".

He'd say "mmm that sounds really good, is that what your going to have". I'd say "No, no, that's what you need to order, I'm having a chicken salad (or some other superbly healthy thing)".... him... "Well I'm going to order that but you can't have any"... " Yep, no worries, only on the condition you tell me all about every mouthful!".

:giggle:

Yep sounds familiar, poor Dave had to describe every mouthful:eat: in detail. Still didn't hear him complaining at the time.:badmood:

:giggle: Hey girls, this is a whole new food fetish that I hadn't heard of, I'm the opposite, when I'm dieting I like to put as much space between me and food including with friends, I need to keep temptation out of my way :giggle:

I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight:cry:, I woke up this morning with a bit of an ear ache, nothing major, just a dull ache. :( But as the day has worn on, the ache has turned to pain and now my hearing is a bit dulled in that ear - I think I've got an ear infection. I haven't had ear ache since I was a child so I'm feeling really pathetic:sick:. Poor me :sigh: !!

Sorry moan over.

I'm feeling sorry for myself tonight:cry:, I woke up this morning with a bit of an ear ache, nothing major, just a dull ache. :( But as the day has worn on, the ache has turned to pain and now my hearing is a bit dulled in that ear - I think I've got an ear infection. I haven't had ear ache since I was a child so I'm feeling really pathetic:sick:. Poor me :sigh: !!

Sorry moan over.

Aww SurfH, i'm sorry to hear your feeling under the weather,take care of tourself, take some painkillers and maybe an early night :hug99:

Sh- you poor thing. I get really really bad ear infections because I have no drainage. Its a killer.

Home remedies that work...

Get some vicks vapour rub on a bit of cotton wool and stick it in your ear.

Get a sock (clean) fill it with salt, and microwave it for 30 secs, hold it against your ear and it will draw some fluid out, relieving the pressure a bit.

Also chop a clove of garlic in half - eat one half raw (it's medicinal! - doesn't count) and stick the other - open end - in your ear.

Also sleeping make sure that you are propped up. it gets worse over night because the infection sits and swells, if gravity is there to help it drains through the lymphatic system.

Also keep going with anti-inflammateries, rather than paracetemol or asprin. They will bring the internal swelling down.

(and yes - I am training to be a mad old witch!)

Sh- you poor thing. I get really really bad ear infections because I have no drainage. Its a killer.

Home remedies that work...

Get some vicks vapour rub on a bit of cotton wool and stick it in your ear.

Get a sock (clean) fill it with salt, and microwave it for 30 secs, hold it against your ear and it will draw some fluid out, relieving the pressure a bit.

Also chop a clove of garlic in half - eat one half raw (it's medicinal! - doesn't count) and stick the other - open end - in your ear.

Also sleeping make sure that you are propped up. it gets worse over night because the infection sits and swells, if gravity is there to help it drains through the lymphatic system.

Also keep going with anti-inflammateries, rather than paracetemol or asprin. They will bring the internal swelling down.

(and yes - I am training to be a mad old witch!)

WOW, this is impressive advice, remind me to ask you health questions in the future :p

Hope everyone is well today :p, I'll check in with ya all later

lol - my knowledge is very limited (as in things that go wrong with me and my family frequently!)

I also had a beautiful 'wise woman' stylee earth mother who tried everything before giving us chemicals.

I hope one day I shall be as wise as she was - until then get the socks in yer ears and bacon on ya warts!!!!

Shadaca, they're some excellent suggestions. Love the garlic one. Had mental images of you walking around with garlic sticking out your ear... hehe.

I just did a little bit of research and found out that propylene glycol is what they give to goats to get them out of ketosis (a common condition when they're pregnant or just after birth... apparently). So anyway so a bit more research to see what we humans use this thing for and turns out it's in that damn chewing gum with the squirty centres.... I've had a few of these lately and although remained in ketosis (I'm a ketostix hoar) I won't be touching them again due to the fact that their ingredients ACTIVELY take goats out of ketosis....

Funnily I was actually trying to find out if Milk of Magnesia would take me out of ketosis (gave birth to another p00 over the weekend... TMI!) So anyway apparently it doesn't so off to buy some now.

Hope everyone is well or repairing!

Back