Team 8 - GR8 M8s losing W8 - Official Thread :o))))

Well despite everything, last night was actually quite quiet at work, phew. So today I've been out looking at cars with my friend, she wants a new one and I've been looking for a new one myself since May. :character00182:Last night while I had a spare half hour I found the perfect car 2 miles from house, perfect price everything, so this morning I went to look at it only to find it had been sold an hour earlier, I'm gutted:cry:! So it's back to the drawing board for me. My friend couldn't find one either so that makes me feel a little bit better. But I can't believe my bad luck.:cry:

To make matters worse, I've come round to my M&D's only to find them not in. So I've let myself in and went to make a cuppa:coffee:, when in the kitchen, I spy a huge packet of my favourite crisps from South Africa.:party0051: I know they haven't been left out on purpose cos M&D didn't know I was going to call round, but I'm soooo tempted.:ignore: If I have one though, they won't have any to come home to, so I'm staying out of the kitchen and hoping that they'll be home soon to stop me from being tempted.

Ah they just walked through the door, saved from temptation again.:devilangel:

SH im glad ur folks came home to save u from the crisps lol

BB yeh restart going well think because im so busy i dont have time to eat so thats making it easier and so tried on a night time im just coming in and goin to bed but ive not been well been feeling sick an dizzy for a few weeks now but other day was out withmy mum and i passed out mum was so worried she took me to docs there and then hes done some test but still dont know y mum and doc think im pregnant but i just laughed and said he had more chance of being pregnant than me but mum still made me do test which was negitive. i personnel think its been the stress and everything but will just have to wait and see.

hope ur all ok and having a great weekend

hi how everyone hope ur all doing ok ive had a pj day today lol juts sat and watch some tv ad had a bit of a pamper

Those days are the best, I went to the gym earlier and then went round to my friends for the afternoon. I went on her wii fit and got a nice surprise, according to it's calculation my BMI is 28.8:D I'm not sure I believe it, but it was nice to see.

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend.:p

Grrr, I've been arguing with my friend again about this "crazy" :crazy: diet I'm doing. She doesn't see that it isn't crazy and that I'm getting all the nutrition I need from my shakes and bars. She's a nurse and thinks she knows better than me. She refuses to see that I don't look ill, I'm not suffering malnutrition. My mum says all this bad feeling on her behalf is jealousy:jelous:. I wish I didn't rise to it all the time, but I can't help but defend my choices.

I know I can do this on my own, but I wish I had her support.

Sorry, rant over, I just had to vent, I'm so frustrated.

Hey hunny - you have all the support you need here anyway but I know what you mean. Would be nicer if she viewed it from your standpoint in that you are obviously healthy.

She's a good friend to have on board if you get unhealthy though but maybe until you reach goal you could limit the time spent with her? Or write her a letter explaining how it is a medically supported diet and your doctor and nutritionist (CDC) are monitoring your health so she doesn't need to also. But her job is to be a friend and you'll be the same back.

ho hum.

I just had a rant on an LT thread :giggle: they've closed the thread now but I feel so much better for getting it off my chest! Someone was being judgemental about people cheating and it ruffled my feathers as it just seemed bully-ish considering this is a 'support' forum.

Anyway all happy campers here. It was such a gorgeous weekend in London. I've spent so much time outdoors. In fact the most time since I started this diet. Can't tell you how many weekends I almost spent the whole time in bed for the last 2 months.

It's nice to get out and feel social again.

Hope all my chickens are good this weekend too.

DD good to see you back on board. I know you're having a hard time but I think you're doing great and really pleased you're doing this for yourself still without the OH.:hug99:

Ladies,

I'm home! I had an amazing time, but back to the grind now.

They both looked gorgeous, the disco was amazing, and my frilly jacket did the job!

At three oclock in the morning, when it was just our generation standing (or slumping) the groom snuck back in to the bar, and said quietly to the barman...

'I appear to have locked us out of our room'

A cheer went up, and we decided it couldn't get any better than this, so retired gracefully! bless him. I love my family.

So it's back on the diet today, eating food is really strange - so it's almost a relief.

I'm one litre down and going for gold!

How ya been?

Glad you girls had a good weekend, mine was good too, getting out and about. First things first though, my WI. I lost 3lbs this week, disappointed it wasn't more, but then it is my 3rd week back on the straight and narrow and I only lost 3lbs in week 3 last time so.... Anyway my official weight loss is:

Last week: 189lbs
This week: 186lbs
Weight lost: -3lbs.

:badmood:I'm having a bit of a slumpy week this week:mad:. I think I've started to become a bit complacent...I feel so much better having lost almost 3st:D, so I'm starting to question how important it is for me to stick this out til the end. It seems so far away. I've got 2st left to lose to get to my goal weight and that seems so much for some reason. I desperately want to taste different flavours again:eatdrink051:, but then I remember that I have lost 1st in 2 weeks not so long ago, and this diet may be torture right now, but it's my only choice, evrything else has taken too long. I think I'm just trying to convince myself here, cos I'm struggling to keep motivated.

BUT I'm sure given another week and another loss I'll get my mojo back. Hopefully some of Lily's positivity :vibes:will rub off on me. For now though, I'll just keep looking at my skinny photo's to remind myself why I'm doing it.:gen144: I guess I just need a good kick up the ass :whoopass:

SaC- I saw that thread too, and I was pretty shocked :eek:by it, glad you had a rant, prob just said what I was thinking, gonna go read it in a min.

Sha- sounds like you really enjoyed your weekend:D. Sounds like my kind of wedding. I know what you mean about it feeling weird eating and being almost glad to get back onto the diet, I felt like that after my hol.

Hope you other 3 are all ok. xxx

Oh and PS I had to buy a new swimming costume yesterday cos I realised I'd forgotten mine. When I looked on the racks there were only 12 and 14's so I told my friend I couldn't go swimming and she made me try the 14 on. Guess what - IT FITTED!!! Was a bit snug, but perfectly wearable - I was stunned:eek:

That is fab about the swimming costume!

I'm really struggling today, yesterday was fine getting back on plan, but today I'm having a what's the point day. So... This week I'm not going to do a weigh in, or go and see my cdc, because I know that I've put on about ten lbs, and it would just waste time being told that!

Porridge is fab stilll!

Hey Sha - Welcome back :wavey:! The wedding sounds like fun. Gotta love those classic moments.

Shunny - congrats on the 14 bathing suit. That is excellent news!!

I've been snowed under with work but really enjoying it so very :D and 810 seems to have given me a new lease on life. It's really weird. The same highs I was getting when I first started the diet have kicked in again. Think shifting it up has worked.

My size 14 work skirts are shifty on me and I'm getting daily double-takes at work and comments to the tune of 'OMG I didn't recognise you - your face has changed so much, have you lost weight?'... then you see the eyes shift down and do a body scan.... so funny :giggle:. I've definitely changed mentally as I know I used to get defensive when people would comment on my weight loss. Now I just smile and say 'yeah it's just falling off and it feels really good'... this is such a HUGE thing for me. I think I used to think 'What's wrong with the old me? Am I/Was I really that fat/bad/hideous'.... silly in hind sight but very real and hurtful at the time.

Anyway that's all good and flatmate situation is all good. House is sparkly clean and I'm getting super organised for going home next week :bliss:. Just have to bit of darning some garments tonight and write a couple of lists.

Also went a bit wild on asos website yesterday and ordered 8 dresses and 3 pairs of shoes for next-day dispatch :eek:. Thought they would be here tonight but no such luck. Anyway they have a good returns policy. Just thought I'd go overkill and then send back whatever doesn't fit/look good etc. A lot of it was on sale so wasn't too :eek: on the CC but hoping I HATE half of it!! Otherwise it'll have to be eeny meany miny mo! I really need to have at least 3 new dresses for the hols (1 for the wedding obviously) and the beach etc. I do have some maxi dresses I can take but 4 is not going to keep me clothed for 2 weeks. But I figure 7 dresses, a pair of jeans, 4 tops and a bathing suit or 2 ;) should have me travelling light but also with choice and able to do 2 outfits a day when doing a lunch catch up and then an evening catch up.

On meals my CDC has recommended I do a b@st@rdised version of Atkins on hols and get straight back on CD when I get back. I'm still thinking I'll take a weeks worth of bars/shakes and just have 1 meal a day but keep the atkins in mind. Still thinking about this plan. I want to be firm on what I'm doing before I leave so there's no self-negotiation!

OK - essay over. Hope all Team 8 chicks are trooping along. See you at weigh in!!

SaC - :character00255:Not long now til you go home hey:D? It's really good to have a plan and feel in control. :read:It def worked for me in America. I gave myself permission to eat if I got too miserable, and I managed to stick it out until the last 4 days because of it. I'm sure you'll be fine cos that plan sounds pretty sensible to me.

I don't know what's wrong with me these last couple of days, but I've been so starving:drool: I could chew on my own arm. :party0051:Today I ended up having a bar as well as my 3 shakes cos I was sooo hungry and didn't know what else to do. Having already had 4 litres of water, :eat:I didn't dare drink too much more.... I tested to see whether I'd somehow come of the pink, but I haven't so I dunno whats going on. My CDC is none the wiser either. I hope it passes soon, cos it's making me think about food all the time grrr.:eatdrink051:

Without wanting to be seen as a feeder on here too ;) maybe it's time to move to SS+, or have a day or 2 where a bit of chicken and broc is ok?

I have heard though that when your ravenous but in ketosis (and providing you know your emotional hunger which I KNOW you do!) then rejoice as your body is burning FAT BIG TIME RIGHT NOW!!

Woohoo. I really liked that response as it rings true...

Have a confession to make. I read on a thread last night about white specks in urine. I must admit to having seen them before now but figured we had cheap toilet paper or something and it was flaking pretty bad. BUT reading this thread told me that it's a sign of ketosis as well! It's the fat particles. This sounded too good to be true, so turned to Dr Google and spent a few hours researching and it IS TRUE!! So now my OCD has turned to inspecting my pee for flecks! No more ketostix for me.

:eek: What can I say? I'm a results woman... I like to see proof somehow someway!!

Oh SaC you make me laugh, I've been pee hunting too. I was pretty disturbed to find myself on hands and knees gazing into the loo bowl, but you made me feel better cos you looked too. Yay! I liked what you said about fat burning though, fingers crossed thats the case with me. I'm going to try and stick SS for another couple of weeks cos it's my add a meal week coming up at the beginning of November so I'll see if I can hang on til then.

I'm feeling a bit more chirpy tonight, an old friend from South Africa has just got in touch through Facebook and she only lives 40 mins away from me - small world!

:giggle:I wasn't going to admit to getting on hands and knees.... but while we're confessing! I love that some of it looks like squiggly little worms... cheap thrills! All free entertainment from our own bodies!! Love it.

Good job sticking with SS, you'll be pleased looking back I think.

Good job sticking with SS, you'll be pleased looking back I think.

I'm sure I will and that's kinda partly why I'm hanging in there.

:giggle:I wasn't going to admit to getting on hands and knees.... but while we're confessing! I love that some of it looks like squiggly little worms... cheap thrills! All free entertainment from our own bodies!! Love it.

Am off for another look, disappointed that I haven't seen anything!!!:giggle: Then I'm off to bedski. Night xx

You guys are hilarious!

I am slightly concerned about squiggly worms in my wee.... that can't be good!

I'm still desperately trying to get back into k land - it is just taking forever this time.

I also made the mistake of blending my porridge before cooking. It turns into wallpaper paste!

BB, Ch, and DD - how you doin lassies o mine?

Hi Girlies, I'm here, I come in and lurk most evenings but I've been on a training course since Saturday morning, so by the time I get home each night I'm not fit to speak let alone type :eek:

Diet wise I've been 100% on program actually breaking away from everybody at lunchtimes and heading over to the nearest Starbucks for a mugg of decaff black for my choc tetra and half a bar.

Few things to confess....

1...I completely forgot to post our teams score last Sunday, to be honest I've not even seen if there was a team thread and

2....I realised that I got my own score wrong last week too, I posted an extra 0.5lb loss :eek: I lost 2lbs on the scales this week, but in order to even it back up properly

Last week 194 (really 194.5)
Lost 1.5 :)tear_drop:really lost 2lb)
This week 192.5....this bit at least is legit ;)

I wouldn't worry about it Lily, I'm terrible with numbers :pcwhack:so there's no way I could even begin to do the scores, you're doing a brialliant job, so what if we missed a week... It doesn't matter.

I'm not really posting :character00148:much at the moment either, have added to my blog tonight, but thats about it. I've lurked around but I'm still trying to get to grips with the idea of keeping the diet up for another 8 weeks - a daunting thought! So I'm taking it one day at a time until I have my :vibes:mojo (motivation) back. :missing:Where is my mojo? Anyone seen it? I miss it and I want it back please.

Back