Team GB (Great Body!)

Hi Team GB .
I'm Jackie , i'm 45 years young and Today i see my CDC , I have been using up my Slim&save to give me a little head start . i'm 5ft 1 and weight wait for it lol 17.7 ouch .... over the last3 years i have been gaining so much , now I have come to say no more gaining but more dropping .
As for weigh in days When do we have to give them in and is that to enough ?
I'm just working on getting 100% daily so honking all the way , as the thread says honk if you were 100%
stokegal, i also have far too go too, just look at it each night before you go to bed , yes i made it . I was in blackpool last week and had alot of trouble getting passed the turnstyles for rides very small , so another reason why i'm here , again , also i did say to my daughter this year we would go to Alton towers thois year , but with my weight like it is , will stop me going on many rides , its very worrying , as i was at alton Towers last year and we went on the kids boat that goes up and down and the man had trouble putting the bar down over my stomach he took 3 attemps and third one pushed it harder , my son was on the same ride and he was laughing , lol . so few wake up calls .
Bettiesrevenge , i also have the beck diet book too , also i have 100 days of weight loss by linda spangle , i find this my best book .
I like it where it says , interested or committed ? committed in losing this weight i am !
Enough i think i remember you from your first time around seeing posts .
Hi to everyone else too
jaswillmos , tough , but the results are good . first time on vlcd is a shock must say , strap yourself in , its going to be a bumpy ride :)

Eaxctly - Ive spent time being commited (usually when I get above 12 stone) and interested when I am below that, so thats the part that i need to work on.

REEEEEAAAALLLY struggling now. I was going to the gym tonight, but may have to have some more water and get a bath instead. I am CREASED.

Just joined the Cambridge diet so this is my first day. Porridge was horrible but the chocolate chewy bar was quite nice!! How tough is this going to be?!

Hi Jaswillmos! All the very very best with your journey.. You want to join "Team Spirit" rather than our team

Best wishes

xx

Eaxctly - Ive spent time being commited (usually when I get above 12 stone) and interested when I am below that, so thats the part that i need to work on.

REEEEEAAAALLLY struggling now. I was going to the gym tonight, but may have to have some more water and get a bath instead. I am CREASED.

A hot bath is the answer when struggling , keep the hot water bumping .

I have just got back from seeing my CDC for the first time , she charges 1:90 and 2:10 . so bars and ready made are 2:10 .
I was told they get them same price off an old CDC so why ?
Her stock was low tonight , she said she has coconut shakes on order might get them next week , and also cookies cream are coming out soon , so some new things to try .
I got a reward card so when i go on my 12 th week i get fiver off . hurry up week 12 lol
well tonight on her scales i was 17:8 , so i think i'm gonna go by hers and i'll be weighing in on Tuesday with her , that way i wont be jumping on and off mine peaking lol
Shes got some neat scales so when you stand on them its got a monitor that you can put where you want it . whooo lol
as long as it gives me a good reading .
How does everyone find their CDC ?
Hope everyone is melting nicely :)

yep - melting nicely :)

you know, I've never looked at what my CDC charges - I'm sure she told me, but it's loads less than I was spending on food anyway.. especially once you add up all the extra bits n bobs like drinks and snacks and buying a round of drinks in the pub instead of ducking out of the rounds and drinking soda water for the evening... I know I spend much less on cambridge than I would otherwise so it doesn't bother me

How's everyone's day gone so far?

evening - fair to middling. Not enough water so far, so need to sort that out. I was 3 ounces lighter today though :)

My pack pusher, is just that...batty and a bit flippant - she has an open door policy on a saturday so you rock up, get weighed pick your packs (which are always in plentiful supply) pay you money and off you trot. I know its £40 for a straight 21 packs, its £53 for 21 tetras and its between the two for combinations. I think it is expensive but also think that the price of food taken into consideration what can you eat for £6 a day otherwise?

everyones CDC seems to charge less than mine!....its £2.20 per packet and £2.50 per tetra! might be only talking pence more but it soon adds up, im afraid i cant say the same i spend more on cambridge as i never used to get much shopping in and go round my mum n dads for food hahaha im only 23 btw :) i just keep saying its worth it though. im having such a bad week and a half ive eaten crap im totally off balance im so dissapointed, i cant blame anyone but myself but my CDC is on hol and is til next tuesday shes been away 2 weeks so i dunno its like i dont feel that much needed pressure of the name and shame day lol cant wait for her to come back on tuesday im going off SS+ im buying JUST tetras and im going back to basics SS need to loose this weight!! hope all my group buddys are having a more positive week than me! xx

Aw love - sorry to hear you're having such a difficult week - it does sound like your CDC being away has knocked you off balance.. you're right.. that's not about blame.. everyone needs a holiday some times.. sometimes it's simply about noticing patterns so that we can help ourselves...

..be kind to yourself.. think of some lovely ways to pamper yourself.. candle lit baths.. go for a massage or get some relaxing music on and give yourself a foot massage :) be kind.. you deserve to be kind to yourself xx

let us know how you get on

x

Hello ladies,

I'm just catching up on your posts - the OH has been home for a few days, and he tends to get a bit demanding of my time (to the stage of wanting to read what I write!). I've had a few days off, partly because my OH has been home and we've been in London, but mostly because I've got a lot going on at work at present... my assistant decided to walk out on me last week, and will be on a sickie for several weeks, so I'm working idiot hours :( I did think about giving up until things quieten down, but I've decided that I have to learn to cope with whatever life throws at me without using it as an excuse to stuff my face, so tomorrow I'm getting back on track :cross:

It's interesting to hear about other people's CDC. Mine is absolutely great - 1 on 1 meeting for half an hour a week, plus always there on the end of the phone or email if I need her. She's just started doing it full time, and charges £1.95 for packs and £2.15 for bars/tetras. She's lost quite a lot of weight on CD herself and struggles to keep it off. Before I came back to CD I went to a trial meeting for LL, but decided that it wasn't for me. The consultant was a stick insect, was very open about the fact that she'd never had a weight problem herself and didn't know what it felt like to be fat, and worst of all she reminded me of a cross between Marjory Dawes and the consultant from Fat Friends LOL! I've no doubt that she would have been very professional, but she'd got no empathy with having a bad week etc, so I'd rather have my lovely CDC and a weekly chat with somebody who completely understands what I'm going through :D

Right, time for me to write up my daily menu planner... I'm a bit of a list-oholic and find that putting a weekly planner on the fridge means that I remember to take all my breakfasts/lunches to work in advance, so I have no excuse to sidle into the restaurant for a fat slapper breakfast butty.

Have a good day tomorrow lovelies.

V xx

Hello there!

I just scanned the stats on people's posts and I think a few of us are in this ball park. Its a hideous place to be. I am defo one of those at risk of heart disease. My waist is over 32inches. Mind you I am in proportion (I have rather prominent boobs and booty) I think I am 43, 34, 43 at the moment. My problem is my "joey" the pouch of skin hanging below my belly button. I can store my mobile phone, a lippy and my car keys in that thing, so it saves on handbags, I guess.

I have a diary dating back to last year (its now over on silver members) and I have been reading through it. I have had a sh*t year, that's for sure. I did really well in 2011, between may and August I lost most of my weight, then got back to what I would call "comfortable" hovering between 10 12 and 11 stone. Then post Christmas my father in law took ill. My nan took ill. Both died and I went into consultation in work at risk of redundancy - low and behold, my old coping mechanisms came back and my sugar addition took a firm hold of me.

So here I am...looking for peeps to kick my butt!

Anyway...back to you. Being old hat at this, I would hazard a guess that you could be a)bunged up or b) retaining water. Have you had anything salty? I also would avoid milk on SS+ go for almond milk if you need to. But watch the calories i think its quite high. The other thing is, check your portion control. This diet (I have learned) is pretty biochemical. There is some science behind it. If you don't follow it to the letter, you will have a variation on the results. Follow it to the letter and you will be amazed. (says she who has already been a tad naughty today)

Anyway - off to cure my boredom with real housewives of Beverly hills. I think I have become addicted. Hopefully my husband will get up before the day is over, but I am not holding my breath (we was working late last night).

Natalie x

LOL, when I mentioned that my OH liked to read the posts over my shoulder, I forgot to mention that the one I was reading was Natalie's about the joey pouch and being "bunged up" :D

Haha, Great...my rep is already out. Shucks.

In diet related news, I hopped on the scales this morning and they said 2lbs down...but my jazzy tanita scales say that 2lbs is muscle...crappy scales.

everyones CDC seems to charge less than mine!....its £2.20 per packet and £2.50 per tetra! might be only talking pence more but it soon adds up, im afraid i cant say the same i spend more on cambridge as i never used to get much shopping in and go round my mum n dads for food hahaha im only 23 btw :) i just keep saying its worth it though. im having such a bad week and a half ive eaten crap im totally off balance im so dissapointed, i cant blame anyone but myself but my CDC is on hol and is til next tuesday shes been away 2 weeks so i dunno its like i dont feel that much needed pressure of the name and shame day lol cant wait for her to come back on tuesday im going off SS+ im buying JUST tetras and im going back to basics SS need to loose this weight!! hope all my group buddys are having a more positive week than me! xx

this is alot if money you are paying . Also if shes way shes should be dropping her price as shes not giving you any time . A girl on here hers went away so she got it cheap she was away 6 weeks , but it also means you have to shell out for your cambridge food ahead , and that is hard to find two weeks worth or 3 . Have a look about or ring head office to see whos near you ? it should be about 42 , but as they can charge what they want nothing we can do . my mate used to be a CDC so i know she was doubling up on her market .... in 2011 she was selling me them for what she gets them for 1 pound any ready made or bar or shake ... maybe they have gone up but can't see that much .
i have noticed alot of people go on other vlcd , exante , and slim save , also LT . but if the CDC charge too much the can also put cambridge out of bussiness at the end of that day .
If it was not for 4 packs aday with LL it would be the same price , as you have to buy 28 a week , and you get CBT with that . they say they charge 15 for that , so really its the same .
sorry your struggling , when do you think the worst time is for you ?

Hello ladies,

I'm just catching up on your posts - the OH has been home for a few days, and he tends to get a bit demanding of my time (to the stage of wanting to read what I write!). I've had a few days off, partly because my OH has been home and we've been in London, but mostly because I've got a lot going on at work at present... my assistant decided to walk out on me last week, and will be on a sickie for several weeks, so I'm working idiot hours :( I did think about giving up until things quieten down, but I've decided that I have to learn to cope with whatever life throws at me without using it as an excuse to stuff my face, so tomorrow I'm getting back on track :cross:

It's interesting to hear about other people's CDC. Mine is absolutely great - 1 on 1 meeting for half an hour a week, plus always there on the end of the phone or email if I need her. She's just started doing it full time, and charges £1.95 for packs and £2.15 for bars/tetras. She's lost quite a lot of weight on CD herself and struggles to keep it off. Before I came back to CD I went to a trial meeting for LL, but decided that it wasn't for me. The consultant was a stick insect, was very open about the fact that she'd never had a weight problem herself and didn't know what it felt like to be fat, and worst of all she reminded me of a cross between Marjory Dawes and the consultant from Fat Friends LOL! I've no doubt that she would have been very professional, but she'd got no empathy with having a bad week etc, so I'd rather have my lovely CDC and a weekly chat with somebody who completely understands what I'm going through :D

Right, time for me to write up my daily menu planner... I'm a bit of a list-oholic and find that putting a weekly planner on the fridge means that I remember to take all my breakfasts/lunches to work in advance, so I have no excuse to sidle into the restaurant for a fat slapper breakfast butty.

Have a good day tomorrow lovelies.

V xx
mine charges the same as yours , and you get 30 mins .
if a cdc has a bmi over 28 they are taken off or told to start losing it . my old CDC went to size 26 , so her bmi must of been 45 .
they took her off as she stopped doing it but still big and doing CDC herself was allowed on it , if customers ring head office then they get investigated , i think mines bmi is over 28 , she told me she needs to lose some .

MsJMC said:
mine charges the same as yours , and you get 30 mins .
if a cdc has a bmi over 28 they are taken off or told to start losing it . my old CDC went to size 26 , so her bmi must of been 45 .
they took her off as she stopped doing it but still big and doing CDC herself was allowed on it , if customers ring head office then they get investigated , i think mines bmi is over 28 , she told me she needs to lose some .

I've been around the way since 07 and had several CDC or weight plan consultants as they are now. I even paid the 180 quid to be one once, I attended the annual soirée. Gosh the lofty heights. Unfortunately it's ultimately pyramid selling. The premise being, you " sponsor" sone poor deluded, vitamin deprived person into becoming a CWPC they pay their money, do some very basic distance learning and voila are " qualified" they then go forth and sell packs. It's right you have to be Bellow a BMI of 28 which mostly new CWPC are as they have just done the diet successfully and are so thrilled they want to help others, but slowly, the weight cones back, it always does. I think Cambridge have it wrong. Using the packs, once you are in the groove, it's fairly easy. Yes it's nice to have a champion and some encouragement. But the need for intensive therapy and the bit that so many people come unstuck on, are the steps. This is where you need nutritional advice, meal plans, shopping plans, training plans and 121 talking therapy. That's what we should be getting!

Ha! Ranted a bit there. Can you tell I'm dying for a chocolate finger?

I guess that's where this place comes in for me.. I read diaries and look at the other diets around and try to make sense of my behaviour and how I want to be... I'm planning my life over the coming year... I want 2013 to be the year of staying between 9 and 9stone13 pounds.. I want to learn to live in this space and simply find it normal... I don't mind a bit of fluctuation, but I want to learn to manage a healthy way of living.. so one year in the 9s is going to be my goal..... (of course, I've got to get there first!)

This is my favourite thread for this:

Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow

Step away from the chocolate fingers! Ooooh, that doesn't sound right, does it LOL? :D

My previous CDC was really hacked off because CWP were also setting more consultants up in her area, sponsored by other consultants from outside her area, and she was seeing a drop in her turnover (she had quite a solid area without much competition). Once that happened, I noticed that her interest started to drop, and that's when I decided that I could do it on my own.... silly billy me :sigh: I guess it's horses for courses, personally I didn't like the whole LL navel gazing thing. When I went for the taster, the consultant seemed almost disappointed that I had no big trauma in my life that had caused me to become fat - it's nothing more dramatic that having PCOS, stopping running and going to the gym due to a bad back and a demanding job, and still eating as if I am exercising for 90 mins every night. Oh, and a big liking for a glass of wine in the evenings ;) She was almost demanding some sort of soul baring, which just isn't me, but I could see that it would work for some people.

So how has everybody been today? I've had a good day, until I was walking the dog and a couple walked past me, munching on fish n chips. Oh the smell... now I'm really craving chips with salt n vinegar :sigh: I put the car straight into the garage and locked the door when we got back because I know I could be seriously tempted, and I somehow don't think my choc mint shake will quite hit the spot.

xx

i have been craving battered sausage for ages lol was one of my faves :) i know how crappy and dissapointed id feel after though so no point, ive been naughty past week because i got some malted milk biscuits in for my little boy and every so often when feeling hungry but couldnt be bothered to make a shake up id nibble on one thinking oh its only one it cant hurt that much but it has as i havnt lost at all this week :( stupid me. thats the main reason of deciding to go completly onto the ready made tetras atleast no excuse for laziness and not making them up or having time there there in the fridge nice and chilled and ready to drink gonna cost me an extra 8.50 a week taking me to a whopping £52.50 a week and thats for 3 shakes a day. wouldnt hurt so much if i wasnt a single mummy although dont worry he doesnt go without :) infact spent £130 odd today on him phew! cant wait to be slim and take him swimming he would love that so much (hes almost 2 years old)hows everyone doing today im actually having an ok day staying away from temptation still need to seriously work on upping my water intake im sure thats slowing my loss down too xxx

I agree with the navel gazing bit. In that it's not some big mystery for a lot of people. A small percentage may have protection issues or binge eat because they were starved of love and affection or mistreated. And then there is those who biologically are incongruent with modern processed foods. Mind you the fact is. I just go into mindless sugar mode if I'm pushed to excess. I find it soothing.

I too have PCOS, which is what brought me to Cambridge in the first instance. That's why I know that the only way to normalise your blood sugar response without metformin ( I never took it) is through chromium and low carb eating. Particularly low sugar and if you want to be purist, none of it's variants either. This is why VCLDs work for me temporarily. It's the reprieve from sugar! The part I've got to get my head around is why do I lapse back into bad habits. It's a pisser, it really is. I don't drink, I gave up smoking. Easy. So why does sugary treats cake biscuits and chocolate have an insane hold on me? (not into fast food, so the fish and chips thing would pass me by.... can we swap?)......Answers on the back of a postcard!

Anyway. Failed with my water again. I just forget to drink it and drink a zillion gallons of coffee instead. Now it's keeping me awake. Or is that the power of the mysterious blue moon :)

Another day another dollar tomorrow, guess I will be counting down the days until weigh in 1! Crikey. I hope it's good.

Last edited:
Enough said:
I guess that's where this place comes in for me.. I read diaries and look at the other diets around and try to make sense of my behaviour and how I want to be... I'm planning my life over the coming year... I want 2013 to be the year of staying between 9 and 9stone13 pounds.. I want to learn to live in this space and simply find it normal... I don't mind a bit of fluctuation, but I want to learn to manage a healthy way of living.. so one year in the 9s is going to be my goal..... (of course, I've got to get there first!)

This is my favourite thread for this:

Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow

I'm always on there! Just lurking and posting on the decluttering thread! Love flylady I do!

Back