Team Skinny Ultimate Goal Challenge

RawrGirl went up about 100 calories last night, so around 1600 total. and she just made a pretty big breakfast, so she has no idea how she is going to stay on track for the rest of the day. Sticking with 1500 on a weekend day where 500 goes to Vodka, and 200 goes to sugar-free chocolate bar, only leaves 800 for regular food.

And tomorrow, she has a 1-year old's birthday party to go to, and while RawrGirl doesn't fear eating carbs and going out of ketosis, she knows they are having sausage which is quite high in calories, so she wonders if this weekend is even helping her lose any gained Christmas weight. *sigh*

Anyone think we should start a Team Skinny Exercise Challenge? RawrGirl knows that without wanting to log her Shred workouts, she never would have done them...at least not regularly. And she's so unmotivated to exercise right now that she thought maybe another one would help. Xj-esx wants to know if we want to do the Shred again. But RawrGirl wasn't sure how burned out everyone was on that. RawrGirl has another Jillian DVD that has seven 6-min cario workouts and she was just going to start doing one a day 4x a week.

So in that regards, as there are exactly 6 weeks before Valentines Day Weekend, her log would like something like this:

RawrGirl (Done: 0 weights, 0 Cardio / To Go: 36 Weights, 24 Cardio)

And everyone could just choose what it is they wanted to do. That is, unless everyone wants to do the Shred again...or has an even better idea for a challenge.

RawrGirl KNOWS she can reach goal in 6 weeks IF she can get off her lazy arse, but it doesn't look like she'll be able to do it without some sort of challenge. Any ideas?

Hey all! I'd love to join this challenge :) What a perfect goal date as well. Unfortunately I went out for dinner two days ago to Prezzo, I had a light version of a pizza and half breadboard as a starter which was all ok as I had been walking around a park up and down hills all day however I then had a odeon film feast oops! I have been doing the 30 day shred for 3 days now as I can't afford the gym at the moment. I can't do the shred tonight but ill get back on it tomorrow. However tomorrow won't be good for food. I'll be at my family's and they have planned to cook a big chilli :/ ill have a smaller portion but I know I won't be able to resist some snacks throughout.

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 13lbs to go)
Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
Clanger72 (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Squishy (0lb down, 10lb to go)
XJ-esX (0lb down, 5lbs to go)

Oooh, I like the sound of it RawrGirl. I don't know what to suggest though. I am back to kickboxing on Monday and will be doing Mon and Weds. Besides that though, my exercise will be sporadic and I'll just be fitting it around my little lady, job hunting (and interviews hopefully), etc. etc.

See what the other Team Skinny members suggest and if I can join in, I will! Either way, I'll definitely be upping my exercise again, rather than just walking the dog every day. Just have to get motivated.

Today has been another good day and below my cals. I've been drinking lots of water and as a result has been peeing like a racehorse all day! Hopefully that means I'm losing water weight.

Made a delicious vegetable soup: butternut squash, onion, carrot and parsnip. So more-ish. Also made low-cal sloppy joes from a Skinnytaste.com recipe. Yummy and the little lady adores it too which is always handy.

Tomorrow is hubby's last day off work. I am toying with the idea of one last off-plan, "naughty" day before jumping back on the wagon on Monday. Get it out of my system.

Hmmm, decisions decisions....

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend. X

I am doing walking and some toning at the moment. Could do a challenge based on time? I am shredded out for the moment I think, although having said that I am missing the intensity of it. I still think something about it was hurting my knee. I am quite interested in interval training. They are saying it is meant to be the best way to get fitter and lose weight.

Time would work...about to have date night with Prince Charming so will start an official thread tomorrow. :) Night all!

Have fun! X

Not quite on plan today and no exercise. My in laws handed out jam tarts and then their neighbours gave me chocolate biscuits. Of course no one made me eat them! I am all nervous I am not going to have lost anything this week as I have had one very bad day, two slightly dodgy days and only 2 on track so far. Still I have another 2 good days to have before weigh in.

Hope you enjoyed your date Rawrgirl and your last day of naughtiness squishy. Hope you had a good chilli xj and enjoy the shred.

Hello hello! Just checking in too.

Aw Nettee, I know those kind if days, where everyone seems to throw food under your nose!

I weighed this morning (a sneaky peek!) and was happy with what I saw so planned to scale back my full blown naughtiness to one or two treats. Then I had one taste of chocolate and lost function in the part of my brain that controls will-power!! Anyway, that's the day over and out of my system and I'm back to the grind tomorrow. Weigh in won't be pretty but will hopefully be my highest for a long long time and from then on I'll only get lighter.

Have a great week everyone. X

RawrGirl just got back from church and birthday party (where she successfully remained in Ketosis!) but while she was there, she found out that her church's third annual couples Valentines Day Dinner (they rent a ballroom, have a dj and dancing, cash bar) is the weekend BEFORE Valentines Day...it's February 9th! So basically RawrGirl just lost a week of weight loss efforts as she will have to weigh in February 8th now. :eek:

On a good note...RawrGirl is very motivated to look fantastic/be at goal for this event, so hopefully she will finally get back into exercise!

And here is the thread for our exercise challenge which is based on time, so no matter what exercise you want to do, just figure out how many minutes a week you want to exercise times 6 and add your name. :)

Team Skinny Valentines Exercise Challenge

Last edited:
RawrGirl just got back from church and birthday party (where she successfully remained in Ketosis!) but while she was there, she found out that her church's third annual couples Valentines Day Dinner (they rent a ballroom, have a dj and dancing, cash bar) is the weekend BEFORE Valentines Day...it's February 9th! So basically RawrGirl just lost a week of weight loss efforts as she will have to weigh in February 8th now. :eek:

On a good note...RawrGirl is very motivated to look fantastic/be at goal for this event, so hopefully she will finally get back into exercise!

Ooh, that's something lovely to aim for though! Sounds like a great night and you will be looking amazing. I'm confident that you will be at goal but even if you're not, you will be super close on it, and feeling a million dollars, so fret not my bombshell friend!

I've had a piggy day and while I'm not looking forward to weigh-in in the morning, I am looking forward to getting back to "normal" (eating well, exercising) and to losing this last bit of weight. X

Also weighing in tomorrow and not looking forward to it!

Feeling your pain.

Good luck, eek!! Think I'll cut my toe-nails, floss my teeth, maybe shave my legs and armpits?! Every little bit helps!!

I have been known to use mouthwash first.

Once upon a tome I knew the <warped> reason for this. I have now forgotten. Probably for the best : )

I am thinking I will see...9 stone 8 or 9. Something like that. Within a fortnight I WILL be 9 stone 4, maybe less.

I will I will I will

Starting 'properly' today after faffing about last week, hoovering up the last of the christmas chocolates etc.

So, start weight of 9 stone 9. I WILL be 9 stone 4 by the 18th January - at least. My ultimate goal is still 9 stone 2 I think... but 9 stone 4 will suffice for now as a target. Have begun the day with a bowl of blueberries, strawberries, black grapes and half a small banana, alongside some cottage cheese and half a teaspoon of flaxseeds. I will not be eating any carbs today and now won't eat again until 3.30pm... this is the plan! I must start exercising some self control.

I will probably have some stir fried veg later and mint tea.

Like WHOA!

Wow...you all were up early this morning (at least, it's early for RawrGirl, lol). In case anyone missed it, here is the link to the exercise challenge: Team Skinny Valentines Exercise Challenge

Good luck to everyone weighing in today! Don't forget to update.

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 13lbs to go)
Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
Clanger72 (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Squishy (0lb down, 10lb to go)
XJ-esX (0lb down, 5lbs to go)

There's no polite way of saying this & I'm sorry to lower the tone in here but I'm erm....'bunged up' :(

Haven't had this problem before so I'm thinking it may have something to do with my change of diet over the festive season (aka complete piggy blowout) & now its payback time!

Anyways I feel huge, bloated, uncomfortable & gassy so any advice on how best to remedy this would be much appreciated :)

Official weigh in is tomorrow so an elimination of waste beforehand would be great lol

There's no polite way of saying this & I'm sorry to lower the tone in here but I'm erm....'bunged up' :(

Haven't had this problem before so I'm thinking it may have something to do with my change of diet over the festive season (aka complete piggy blowout) & now its payback time!

Anyways I feel huge, bloated, uncomfortable & gassy so any advice on how best to remedy this would be much appreciated :)

Official weigh in is tomorrow so an elimination of waste beforehand would be great lol

Aw no. I have mild IBS so I know how crap (!) being bunged up is!

If it's a once off, I usually take some Senokot in the evening and it gets things moving by the next morning. And not a huge explosion or anything, just predictable!

If it's a longer term thing (caused by the likes of low carbing) taking psyllium husk is great. It's a bulking agent available in health food stores. You can buy loose husks like sawdust and mix them with water, orange juice etc. but I find taking the capsules much easier. Must pick some up actually.

You do know that thanks to the rules of dieting you will have a large evacuation the day after your weigh in?! This is always the way with me anyway! Today was weigh in and it's now after 5pm and I'm STILL waiting for some action. Typical!

Oh, and I'm sure you already are, but drink lots of water! X

Back