Team Skinny Ultimate Goal Challenge

mmm - pick and mix :drool:

Some good losses coming in now - Hoping to join in tomorrow.

I am trying to cut my refined carbohydrates at the moment in the hope that I can get my waist circumference in proportion to my BMI. Don't think I would be able to stick to it forever but it is an experiment anyway - I am thinking of trying hard with it for the duration of this challenge anyway and have recorded my waist circumference for comparison (1/2 inch up on my pre-christmas / post shred measurement :eek:)

And CRASH

I have fallen awkwardly on some cheese and biscuits. And chocolate.

Lol.

Oh, by the way, I figured out why I couldn't find that post by you that I was looking for awhile back...cuz you didn't write it, lol. I just stumbled across that thread again and found the post and it was written by another maintainer.

So since the Team Skinny girls plan on keeping a maintenance diary for a year, RawrGirl just thought of an awesome goal to have (other than maintaining lol). Have any of you ever heard of the National Weight Loss Registry? It's mentioned again and again in weight loss books and scientific articles etc., and is basically a registry of 1000's of people who have lost at least 30 pounds (2st2lb) and kept it off for a year. Every few months they send you a questionnaire that you fill out which helps them keep track of how people maintain. RawrGirl thinks it would be awesome to be part of that. (It's completely confidential, no pics or names, etc). They do have a few success stories with pics, but like 8 out of 1000's while everyone else is anonymous. Not sure how to become one the listed success stories, or if that's even an option).

Anyway...

here are some facts that they've been able t accumulate over the years:

Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.

• 78% eat breakfast every day.
  • 75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
  • 62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
  • 90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.

According to an article I found about them, registry members, on average eat 1,800 calories a day and burn 1,500-2,000 calories a week. So apparently that is the secret to being part of the 5% who keep the weight off. RawrGirl is quite psyched about this, and thinks it would be awesome to join after keeping a diary here for a year, and will be motivational to have that as a goal. :)

RawrGirl needs to face the reality that she gained more than 6 pounds on holiday. She took her measurements today and is only just now the estimated 6 pounds up of 135. Dec 31 she was probably 140 and though some of that was most likely water weight, by Jan 4th the water weight was probably gone, leaving RawrGirl with a 9 pound gain of 138. So she has adjusted her 'pounds to go' accordingly. :sigh:

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 16lbs to go)

Greta (2lbs down, 5lbs to go)
Clanger72 (4lbs down, 3lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
Squishy (0lb down, 9.6lb to go)
XJ-esX (0lb down, 5lbs to go)
BerryBerry (0lb down, 7lbs to go)

Hello there- have spoken to a few of you around the forum and have been lurking on most of your diaries and other exploits. I'd love to join in with you challenge to Valentines Day if I could?

I was at 135lbs last Thursday after the festive season and would like to pledge 7lbs loss by v-day! :eek:

Also one of the main reasons I was reading this was the "prune juice" advice as I have felt a bit sluggish after Christmas, I couldn't find juice in Sainsburys so I just went for dried prunes- will these have the same effect?

Welcome welcome BerryBerry! Great to have you here!

I'm not sure about dried prunes but I'm sure they'll have some effect? So would tinned prunes!

So since the Team Skinny girls plan on keeping a maintenance diary for a year, RawrGirl just thought of an awesome goal to have (other than maintaining lol). Have any of you ever heard of the National Weight Loss Registry? It's mentioned again and again in weight loss books and scientific articles etc., and is basically a registry of 1000's of people who have lost at least 30 pounds (2st2lb) and kept it off for a year. Every few months they send you a questionnaire that you fill out which helps them keep track of how people maintain. RawrGirl thinks it would be awesome to be part of that. (It's completely confidential, no pics or names, etc). They do have a few success stories with pics, but like 8 out of 1000's while everyone else is anonymous. Not sure how to become one the listed success stories, or if that's even an option).

Anyway...

here are some facts that they've been able t accumulate over the years:

Registry members have lost an average of 66 lbs and kept it off for 5.5 years. Most report continuing to maintain a low calorie, low fat diet and doing high levels of activity.

[*]78% eat breakfast every day.
[*]75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
[*]62% watch less than 10 hours of TV per week.
[*]90% exercise, on average, about 1 hour per day.

According to an article I found about them, registry members, on average eat 1,800 calories a day and burn 1,500-2,000 calories a week. So apparently that is the secret to being part of the 5% who keep the weight off. RawrGirl is quite psyched about this, and thinks it would be awesome to join after keeping a diary here for a year, and will be motivational to have that as a goal. :)

Ooh, how cool! I'm going to try and tick all the boxes (except the TV maybe, I LOVE TV!!) Although, when I finally get a job I probably won't have time for more than 10hours TV and 7hours exercise a week!

Xj - you are right - move on. It is so hard when lunch is sandwiches. It is no good starving yourself.

I have weighed in today first of the challenge and lost a pound which is ok especially as I wasn't doing anything extreme the day before weigh in (unlike last week).

I have just had a hifi bar which is not good on my low sugar regime but I was so hungry cooking dinner. Also my husband is desperate for something less slimming so we are having con au vin. I am hoping that as the alcohol all evaporates it won't be too bad.

RawGirl - it is no good speculating on your possible gain - it was what it was and most of it was water. Start where you are on Friday and go down from there.

Nettee (1lb down, 6lbs to go)
BerryBerry (0lb down, 7lbs to go)

Waves to Greta, admiring her impressive stats - tomorrow is looking good from here

Waves weakly and chubbily to all

Chin(s) up Greta!!! ;)

I was the same last week. It's hard to say "that's that" and just stop. For me, it showed me how much of an addiction I have to crap food. Once I start eating it again, I find it really hard to stop. Enjoy the rest of your evening and get back to the drawing board tomorrow. Look back at your success story for motivation if you need?! You have so many wise words for those starting their weight loss!

Off to bed with a rumbly tummy here, kind of a good sign for today, I hope!!

Night ladies. X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi all, I weigh in on Thursdays - 2lbs off this week- hooray! Only 7 pounds til 9st :D

Nettee (1lb down, 6lbs to go)
BerryBerry (2lb down, 5lbs to go)

Back