Team Skinny Ultimate Goal Challenge

Right. So weigh in this morning. Wasn't as bad as i was expecting. I'm 10st 0.6lb so I've 9.6lb to lose to get to my next target of a 3 stone loss.

Given my track record for slow loss, and the fact that I've upped my cals to my TDEE minus 20%, I really don't think that I'll lose 9.6lb by Valentine's Day. I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic!

I weigh in every Monday though, so maybe by Monday Feb 18th I'll have lost 9.6lb? We have no plans for Valentines, we never really do, but we have just planned a night out with friends on the 23rd so by then I'd like to be looking as fab as possible!

Just updated this:

RawrGirl (0 lbs down, 13lbs to go)
Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
Clanger72 (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7 lbs to go)
Squishy (0lb down, 9.6lb to go)
XJ-esX (0lb down, 5lbs to go)

GO TEAM SKINNY!

Hope you are feeling better Clanger - try prune juice or lactulose?

great that everyone is getting in the right mindset now - I am beginning to feel a bit more positive that I might have lost this week but will find out on Wednesday :scale:

:character00115: come and find the exercise challenge thread that RawrGirl has done:chores016:

Last edited:
Of course- prune juice! Forgot about it. Works a treat!

Ha- I remember when I was breastfeeding my little lady and she had just started solids, she was constipated and miserable so somebody told me to drink prune juice so that she would get the benefit through my milk. I drank a lot of it and headed out for a run. Halfway through the run I got the most horrific cramps and I think I set a personal best for the run home...!! Made it just in time!!

Well, Squishy, you have less to lose than RawrGirl and an extra week to lose it by, but you're right...it doesn't have to be Valentines Weekend. RawrGirl has to remind herself of this...esp if she doesn't make it. But no matter what, we will ALL be at goal by Spring/Summer and that will be fantastic! :D

Hello there- have spoken to a few of you around the forum and have been lurking on most of your diaries and other exploits. I'd love to join in with you challenge to Valentines Day if I could?

I was at 135lbs last Thursday after the festive season and would like to pledge 7lbs loss by v-day! :eek:

Also one of the main reasons I was reading this was the "prune juice" advice as I have felt a bit sluggish after Christmas, I couldn't find juice in Sainsburys so I just went for dried prunes- will these have the same effect?

7lb xmas gain, WHAT 7lb xmas gain??? Thankfully its all gone...completely banished & hopefully never to be seen again!
I'm back to my pre xmas weight of 9st 3lbs now its time to knuckle down & melt some more pounds off :)

Updating list & I've added BerryBerry.

Greta (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
Clanger72 (4lbs down, 3lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
BerryBerry (0lb down, 7lbs to go)

Morning all!

Managed to lose 2lbs so far so have updated list as below..

Greta (2lbs down, 5lbs to go)
Clanger72 (4lbs down, 3lbs to go)
Nettee (0lbs down, 7lbs to go)
BerryBerry (0lb down, 7lbs to go)

Wow ladies! You're putting me to shame here! Well done both of you. X

Having a very "hungry" day for some reason. I'm tired after a restless night and then an early start so maybe that's it? I should be fine cals wise though. I'm off to the cinema with my mum tonight so hoping to have some pic'n'mix but how on earth do you calculate the cals for that?! Total guesstimating which I hate doing!

Oh I love pick n mix! Hmm, re the calories.. allow 25 calories per sweet and you should even out somewhere along the line?

Also feeling constantly hungry. Trying to stave it off with a hot chocolate.

Oh I love pick n mix! Hmm, re the calories.. allow 25 calories per sweet and you should even out somewhere along the line?

Also feeling constantly hungry. Trying to stave it off with a hot chocolate.

Thanks Greta. I'm going for a brisk walk later on that usually burns 140 cals or so, so I'm just going to get a small selection of sweets to nibble on and hope that I'm covered by my exercise. I'm too hungry to cut back any of my meals in sacrifice!!

I'm really peckish but I've had my lunch and although the cream cakes in the fridge at work keep calling my name I'm trying my bestest to ignore the evil little things!

Ha, glad I'm not the only hungry one then. I suppose I got used to nibbling out of boredom over the Christmas so I need to break the habit again. It's strange though- I don't feel satisfied but yet I'm completely bloated. I wish the bloating would at least make me feel full!!

X

Wow Clanger -- good for you! RawrGirl hopes that she will see pre-Christmas weight this Friday as well, but she's not holding her breath, lol.

Congrats on the loss Greta!

Squishy -- what is pic'n'mix? The cinemas here have warm pretzel bites with warm cheddar cheese dip. Oh my gosh, they are too die for and obviously a low-carbers nightmare. RawrGirl tries to plan movie going on the weekend a month she can have carbs lest she have to suffer without.

Pic'n'mix is amazing RawrGirl! You take a paper bag and a scoop and you helps yourself from a huge variety of different sweets (candy!) from plastic tubs so the likes of marshmallows, chocolate covered raisins, peanuts or honeycomb, lots of different jellies, etc. etc. The cashier then weighs it and you pay by weight. It always costs at least double what you're expecting!!

Behold! The wonder of pic'n'mix!

Attachments

• image-2850875181.jpg
    image-2850875181.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 33
Back