Teapots Challenge

Hi Kay
you look fab in your pic your trousers look way too big for you now hope you get over your cold soon.

Thanks Michelle

Feeling really rough again today. Hope you're doing ok x x x

U look soooo tiny!!! Trousers falling off!! Wow! Well done hun!

Thanks Goose

Hope you're doing well and are feeling a bit more settled x x x

Well have ended up having a slight change of plan which meant I didn't have to weigh in on Friday and can stick to Monday morning as normal. I can't believe the conference is on Tuesday, it all seems to have come around so fast, but my goodness we have worked hard on it. Got all the name badges sorted lastnight. Probably not going to be able to get on here much over the next few days and will post similar in the Feb challenge thread. Exciting times!

Well it's been a very busy few days. Got home lastnight at about 10.30pm and I can't tell you how sore my feet are (still). Conference went brilliantly and couldn't have asked for better. Great feedback already.
Lots to do, but I'm back. Was beginning to despair that my weight loss was stalling and so glad to make a chunk of progress. Thank goodness for the good weeks, they keep you going!

Having what I term a chewing day...

Not feeling hungry but have a strong urge to chew something today and everything is looking inviting. Am having to fight the urge today, and drink lots of water. These days are sent to try me, and when I get through to the other side, makes me realise how strong I am, and these feelings are not permanent. I've not had many of these tough days in the last 20 weeks which is a blessing, but by golly I wish I had a few less. Not often I wish the day away, but I am today!! As Dory would say... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming ;)

Hi Kay,

Its like you say these feelings for, 'something to chew' or in my case, 'something taste to eat', do pass. At the time, however, they are such strong feelings that you have to remind yourself that they do pass. This is part of my learning curve .....

Well done you for having the strength to carry on - this just emphasises the strength of character you are and the motivation you hold.

So, do you have any other goals in mind, it sounds like you could achieve anything!

Take care,

How have I only just seen this blog, lots of reading to catch up on :)
Im with you on the chewing thing, i think lipotrim should bring out a chewing gum x

You won't believe how many bags of clothes I've chucked out my cupboard, it's quite alarming, but therapeutic. I have hoarded all sorts of clothes over many years (some over 10 years old) that I would never have worn again even if I was still over 19st.
It's like throwing the fat person away and moving towards the thin person that I've always been inside. For so many years I've been afraid I wouldn't like the thin person, but guess what I DO, and it's so liberating!!!! You know when you walk into a room and don't know anyone and are terrified of not saying or doing the right thing? That was me trying to get to know myself again... and it was all ok, skinny me is quite nice too ;) Fear is a terrible thing when it's yourself you're fearing. On previous diets I've always hung onto the clothes 'incase I need them later'. Not this time, but it's only in the last 2 months that I've been confident enough to start throwing things away.
Just like the clothes, I used to 'save foods life' by eating it before it went bad, because some some mad reason I couldn't bear to throw it away. I now know that's never going to be a good thing, and I have been practising throwing food away. God I used to be such a dustbin I can hardly get my head around it!!!

I've even cleaned the house this morning (which I hate doing) without killing the kids (which I normally do because they've made most of the mess). When I was 19st it just took soooo much effort to do the cleaning and I used to just do the minimum to get by. I'm not saying that I'm going to turn into a domestic goddess any time soon, but I did it without getting sweaty and out of breath and exhausted - amazing!! These are the things that need to be treasured about losing weight. Getting into a smaller size is fab, don't get me wrong, but it's the benefits it brings to everyday life that astound me :)

Thank you Cheshire.
Once I've cracked the weight and am in a steady stable place, my next mission is to stop biting my nails. I stopped for about 4 years, but have never been able to do the weight and the nails at the same time. Oh gosh, have I been cheating on LT all this time by continuing to chew my nails haha ;) x x x

Bet that feels great! Now you thrown them all out you get to get new clothes! Yay
well done Kay your going to be truly missed after yourve finished lipotrim xx

It does Emma, and thank you.

May is going to be shopping month! I'm still hoping to shrink a little more and be very comfortable in a 14. I've not been brave enough to go shopping in any other shops besides ASDA while I've been doing LT, so a trip to Meadowhall will be exciting. I've never been able to buy anything in Next and many other shops because they don't carry bigger sizes and was secretly very fed up that I always had to end up in the 'tent shops' making the best of what they had.

I'm thinking that I need to keep coming onto the forum for a while (albeit on the maintenance section) so I can keep focussed and have some support so you've not got rid of me yet lol. I'm convinced that those finishing LT and going off into the sunset end up back here because they think it's all over, and it isn't. I'm feeling positive about the transition but know it's not going to be easy. I don't want to fall into the gaping trap of going right back into old habits when I start eating. I need to be very aware of things as I progress because I am not prepared to go backwards and need to face food head on and be critical with myself for a while until it becomes more natural and I'm reasonably stable. I'm going to do 2 weeks refeeding as I've been doing this for 6 months now. Got some refeed and maintenance info sent from LT so have been been doing a little planning already. Looking forward to tasting food again but also a little nervous of leaving the safety net of trf :)

It does Emma, and thank you.

May is going to be shopping month! I'm still hoping to shrink a little more and be very comfortable in a 14. I've not been brave enough to go shopping in any other shops besides ASDA while I've been doing LT, so a trip to Meadowhall will be exciting. I've never been able to buy anything in Next and many other shops because they don't carry bigger sizes and was secretly very fed up that I always had to end up in the 'tent shops' making the best of what they had.

I'm thinking that I need to keep coming onto the forum for a while (albeit on the maintenance section) so I can keep focussed and have some support so you've not got rid of me yet lol. I'm convinced that those finishing LT and going off into the sunset end up back here because they think it's all over, and it isn't. I'm feeling positive about the transition but know it's not going to be easy. I don't want to fall into the gaping trap of going right back into old habits when I start eating. I need to be very aware of things as I progress because I am not prepared to go backwards and need to face food head on and be critical with myself for a while until it becomes more natural and I'm reasonably stable. I'm going to do 2 weeks refeeding as I've been doing this for 6 months now. Got some refeed and maintenance info sent from LT so have been been doing a little planning already. Looking forward to tasting food again but also a little nervous of leaving the safety net of trf :)

I'm sure you'll be fine Kay, after all this time and effort you are putting in. I found that TFR makes you think long and hard about what foods are good n bad, also changing taste buds. take it easy n you'll be fine! Can't wait til I get to your stage xx

I have every faith that your going to stick to it and change your eating ways forever, everything you says makes so much sence and your not rushing in to anything you've taken the time to think it all through, plan your refeed so you know what your eating and you can't get mixed up. Is refeed only one week or should it be done for a few weeks x

Hi Emma

According to the refeed docs LT sent me if you've lost 5/6 stones or more, they say you should repeat days 4-7 for 'several weeks' to allow you time to adjust to different quantities and behaviours so I shall! The food looks reasonable, but I won't really know until I start eating.
Deezer very kindly set up a thread with the refeed info on it if you haven't seen it http://www.minimins.com/lipotrim-refeeding/233206-refeed-menu.html

x x x

Thanks Hun just read it although sstill got A way to go. Let us know how you get on in weigh in today, good luck! X

Corrrrr, if I have one more person tell me I'm going to disappear soon and I need to stop losing weight I'm going to clog them! You spend your life being judged on being fat and now I'm being judged on being too thin!! Technically I still need to lose just under 2 stone to get to target for my height so I'm hardly malnourished at this point. AAAArrrrggggghhh!!!!

Time to slug some water down and make a cuppa to calm down.

I love this! I think it is hard for people who know you, I remember being close to goal last time and one of my work colleagues who I hadn't seen for two months quite literally FREAKED! We were at a presentation and she even sent me a note apologising for staring, what I found was my skinny friends and my mom were the only ones who told me not to lose any more weight, and my bigger friends all told me that I had changed as a person... these trends led me to believe that it was definitely their minds, not their eyes telling me to not lose any more weight. You'll know when you're happy :)

You're doing so well!

Corrrrr, if I have one more person tell me I'm going to disappear soon and I need to stop losing weight I'm going to clog them! You spend your life being judged on being fat and now I'm being judged on being too thin!! Technically I still need to lose just under 2 stone to get to target for my height so I'm hardly malnourished at this point. AAAArrrrggggghhh!!!!

Time to slug some water down and make a cuppa to calm down.

Hi Kay....

I remember when i was 10st 2 which is a healthy BMI....friends and neighbours said I was too skinny. Hardly. It can be annoying but keep going. (Like u need motivation from a serial restarter like me)

Ava
xxxx

Back