tell me about the porridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by babybaby, 22 June 2009 Social URL.

1. babybaby

babybaby Full Member

Hi, I did cd a while ago. then came of. I go to my counsellor to pick up shakes as they're the only things i can stomach and i don't really get much support of her and i didn't know about the porridge either. Just came across a post on here where someone mentioned it and i looked it up.

So tell me about these porrdiges. what are they like?? How many a day can you eat? what flavours are they? and are u still in ketosis with these?

x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. incognito

incognito Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    IMO they r feekin vile and id rather not eat..

But each to their own x

4. babybaby

babybaby Full Member

oh :( i was getting all excited about it. anyone else like them? The only things i can stomach of cd is choc shake and choc mint shake and some more variety mite help me stick to it more.

5. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

I liked them to start with but dont get them now as Id much rather have a shake or a bar. You can have 3 a day if you want and yes you'll stay in ketosis. I found the apple and cinnamon too sweet but added some mixed spice or cinnamon to the original to improve the taste. You wont know till you try! buy what you would usually for the week and get a pack of porridge-that way if you dont like it you can just bin it and open a shake!

6. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    i loved them... I had one a day but came across some people who had 3! They won't take you out of ketosis, and it was great to have something more solid than a shake. There is apple & Cinnamon falour & plain, but I only liked the plain... now at maintenance I make real porridge but still miss the CD version!

xxx

7. charlotte_k

charlotte_k Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st1lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.2%)
    Diet:
    very low calorie diet
    i have the apple and cinnamon everyday for breakfast. i love them. i don't like the plain, it was so salty x x

8. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Have heard people say that before about CD products Charlotte but to me the plain porridge was sweet! I think our taste buds are very different on CD! Best advice Baby is to buy one of each flavour porridge and see if either suit you... fingers crossed!

xxx

9. Wannabeelovely

Wannabeelovely Silver Member

I hated the original flavour cos I thought it was really salty too. I've asked my CDC to get some of the Apple and Cinnamon in stock though cos I do like the idea of something that at least SOUNDS more substantial than shakes and soups. I wait with baited breath!!!!

10. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I think you need to try it yourself, personally I don't like them but everyones different! xx

11. Lisa Claire

Lisa Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well I bought one apple & cinnamon and one plain porridge from my CDC the other day just so I could try them before ordering too many, I found the apple & cinnamon a bit sweet but I liked the original. It was a bit lumpy but I just put up with although others on here say they use a hand blender. But I have ordered some for when I see my CDC next week, so I think they are ok. As said previously, it's nice to have something more similar to proper food every now and again.

12. TrueBlueAngel

TrueBlueAngel I WILL be thin!!

Start Weight:
    10st11.7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10.7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I love the porridges and have them every morning. Its a good substitute for me as I used to have porridge for breakfast anyway.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.