Ten stone Challenge

Just spent a Christmas voucher to have my hair coloured properly at an local salon. After years of Home bottle attempts it’s actually an even lovely colour and it feels great. For each stone this is going to be my treat! They were fantastic. Complimentary drinks, hand and neck massage too. Reclining washbasin chairs that massage. Heaven! Time to take care of me. Every time I’m tempted to eat junk I’m going to put the cost of the food/drink in a jar and spend it here :)

So proud I said no to the fresh brownies at the hairdressers and had Tropical green tea, berry tea instead. A choc bar for lunch then honeycomb milkshake for dinner. Bit of a trying day. Hubbys car packed in and he needs one for work so we ended up buying one earlier than expected. Ouch. On the way back from the garage my son said he was itchy. We got home and he had a nettle like allergy rash spreading all over him. I covered him in aloe and gave him piriton but it kept spreading. I called 111 and Doc finally called and said it can just happen with kids? Freaked me out as I had the rash when I had anaphylaxis and it was a close call. Little man is ok after having a different antihistamine and has just gone to bed. He’s not eaten anything new and we’ve been in car garages all day! No idea what happened.

Peppermint tea then bed I think.

Son is fine. I’ve got a dreadful headache. It’s blowing a hooley outside so my plans to be outside this morning have changed. I can smell delicious fresh coffee. Porridge for breakfast I think. Family birthday pub lunch for 21 year old today. Wish me luck.

Today WI 21st6. That’s 1st1lb this week and official WI is Monday. So chuffed 😁

Well done on no brownies at hair dressers! It’s so hard when tempted! But one treat can ruin a whole weeks work, it’s not worth it is it/

Good Luck for week 1 weigh in. Me too: i’ll Be checking in the morning to see how you’ve done.

Well done on no brownies at hair dressers! It’s so hard when tempted! But one treat can ruin a whole weeks work, it’s not worth it is it/

Good Luck for week 1 weigh in. Me too: i’ll Be checking in the morning to see how you’ve done.
I’ll be checking yours first thing! I hope you had a better day today. My clothes are definitely a bit looser already. I’m going to save trying my first “fit into” shirt until the buzz of losing needs a boost.

Reactions: SPE
I’ll be checking yours first thing! I hope you had a better day today. My clothes are definitely a bit looser already. I’m going to save trying my first “fit into” shirt until the buzz of losing needs a boost.
I’m not sure I can see a difference yet other than my bloat has gone. I’m pretty tall, I’m not sure if that means it takes longer to see change. I’ve got another 14lbs to go before I am overweight rather than obese. So a long way to go.

Official week 1 WI is 21st6lbs. 15lbs off this week. Fantastic start I’m really happy. It’s not been easy but I think I’m in the swing now. Have a great day everyone.

Congratulations! What an amazing start. Good luck either 2

Congratulations! What an amazing start. Good luck either 2
Thankyou 😊. I’m feeling good. Clear headed and more energy. Hope it lasts. I actually forgot my pack at lunch I’ve been so busy sorting things out! Good luck for week 2.

BIG mistake missing my lunch pack. I didn't do it on purpose time just got away with me. I've just prepared dinner for my family and it took every ounce of willpower not to finish my sons food. It's been a really good day so I'm not in that "reward/commiseration" frame of mind. I had a bar for breakfast. I'm sure days with shakes only and porridge are easier. On a high note I've been very proactive sorting stuff out today. I've even written lists of jobs which need done and put them on the kitchen wall! I'm so tired of hearing "you didn't tell me" or "I forgot". I can't do everything myself! Anyway. Have a great evening everyone. Double apple crumble for me. X

Well. So much for keeping the fact I’m dieting quiet. I wanted to avoid the naysayers but a friend just recommended us to Gusto? We got 50% off voucher and her idea is we all get together for a meal at my house. I’m really happy to do it and cook it but I’ve explained I’m sticking to my Exante plan. I’m fine with everyone eating but I don’t want everyone else fussing. The smell of food will be nice. She’s a good friend and understands. I can’t avoid social engagements all year.

I just keep thinking to myself. It’s not forever.

Sooooo last night I think my stomach rebelled at the double Apple crumble. TMI but multiple bathroom visits required. I didn’t sleep well and feel exhausted this morning. My period starts tomorrow though so that may be why. Still feeling positive. I’ve an hour spare so I’m going to sort out my wardrobe. I’ve loads of stuff I don’t want to wear even if it did fit so I’m going to give to children’s air ambulance who collect tomorrow. Have a good day everyone.

Soooo at 6.15pm last night my son developed the allergy rash again. I've no idea what triggered it. He'd just settled down for dinner and all he'd eaten were a few of his usual peas then he ended up head to foot in nettle rash again. It happened same time Saturday and he wasn't even eating anything. Antihistamine and a bath sorted it but he was up through the night. I'm shattered and flummoxed.

Sneaky WI this morning shows a gain of 2lbs which I laugh at. I put it down to my body rebalancing and period fluid retention because I've been 100% to plan and there is no way I've actually gained body fat. In previous years I would have hit a downward mental spiral but frankly, I'm doing my best and I'm on plan so "Meh" (with shoulder shrug). Let's get on with rocking today!

Have a fantastic day everyone. Oooh my new fav pack is the berry museli. Yum

Day 9

Hot mint shake for lunch. Yum. A fairly quiet day but my period started. Bit dizzy and very tired. For the first time when I was making my sons dinner I felt like ravening the lot. My boy is 4. I’m making roast chicken thigh, mash, asparagus and carrots so I’m having a bit of chicken and veg. No reason it’ll affect the diet and it’s nice to eat with him when it’s just the two of us. It turns out one small roast chicken thigh (no skin) and 3 sticks of asparagus and I’m done. Little man ate the lot! I’ll still be having a pack later though.

I did the shopping today and was surprisingly in control. I just thought of the plan and my mindset stayed. I’m proud!

It’s hard cooking mash and not eating it. I love mash lol

Hope your sons okay. We are having issues with my 5 month old eczema...kids eh

Thanks SPE. Mystery allergy didn’t happen yesterday. I will test a theory with a type of sweet at the weekend see if it happens again.

Apple and cinnamon porridge today. Yum. I’ve been so busy with jobs over last three days I’m at the point I have a rare couple of hours to myself. I’ve waited thirteen years to paint my garden summerhouse (shed with window!) so I’m picking a colour to match the cut out from a 20year old magazine I’d saved. I lost my mum last year. Both parents gone now. Mum and I used to sit at the shed planning, playing cards and drinking pimms. Probably only happened twice but that’s my memory. My first reaction when I started feeling upset was to cheer myself up with a biscuit (or packet). It doesn’t help I’m having the monthly from hell.

Instead I’m sitting here with tissues and a peppermint tea a complete blubbery mess. I miss my mum. It’s probably about time I felt it instead of eating my way through. I didn’t realise this diet was going to make me address things like this too. It’s a good thing though I suppose.

I’m gonna get a lot of exercise cleaning the shed that’s for sure! Have a great day all.

Apple and cinnamon porridge, Irish cream shake, berry yoghurt muesli today. My sons first swimming lesson today. He loved it. With travel and changing etc it took 2.5hrs ! Crazy for a 30 min lesson. Evening just me. Danger time but I’m strangely okay. Peppermint tea and bed for me. Have. Great day everyone.

Back