Tequila's diary

Well I bit the bullet and ordered it last night. One months supply. But I did manage to get some money off as I'd referred a friend who is going to try the diet for that trial week. She's been inspired by me, and after one week on 3 x slimfasts/day she lost 9.5lbs.
I had to have a lifestyle day yesterday as I had to go out for lunch, but one undressed chicken salad later, I was still on plan! This weight is coming off so slowly now - I think just 2lbs last week, which is making me cross.

Cliquant I hadn't even thought of THE END!!! How will I cope? I have just realised that yes, it may very well be in my sights. I only chose the target that I'm currently working towards because it's what I once got down to on Slimming World. At the time ,my target was a stone lighter but I just got bored with their plan and gave up too early. So perhaps when I'm at that same weight, I'll be motivated to continue down to my original target... who knows? I'm going to take it easy & decide when I get there.
I was on the school run yesterday and bear in mind that in total I've lost 2 stone and 9lbs - and only one parent noticed - she looked at me and asked if I'd been trying to lose weight...I thought it was blinking obvious but there you go. Just goes to show that other people don't really notice it. I would have been all miserable but then a cousin arrived today for a cup of tea with me & she was shocked that I said I had some way to go...that boosted me alright. And my next door neighbour stopped me and said I was slinky. Slinky!? I ask you - I mean, my BMI is still over 27 so I'm hardly slinky - but how nice of her to say that?!
Right, I'm all motivated to get rid of this last few pounds fast so is there anything I can do to help shift it? I can't exercise (not that I'm inclined to if I'm honest) and I'm drinking lots of water already - ooh - it can't go fast enough. If I can lose another 5lbs by my birthday (28th) then I'll be pleased but at this rate its touch and go. We'll see. I'll keep you posted!

Hello all. Its Friday night & I'm browsing the net instead of watching the footy - I'm finding the internet to be a fantastic distraction from picking in the kitchen. My habit is to eat in secret, to nibble lots of little bits, crisps, toast, sweets, chocolates, cakes etc and all when I'm on my own. for some reason it feels more treaty to eat them when I'm alone . Anyway, obviously on this plan there's no space to do that - so I have to go without. I've been having baths, ironing, surfing the net, watching new tv shows...anything to take my mind off food. I'm still loving the shakes & bars, and various meals (although some of them are really disappointing) & have now only ordered the ones I know I like, so at least I'm enjoying the food that I do get. I am slightly frustrated by the lack of movement on the scales - I've found myself weighing every day to hopefully see some difference. I know last week it looked like I lost 3lbs which is great - but for the last 3 days ive just stayed the same. :(
Maybe tomorrow...who knows...I really really want to lose 4lbs in the next 2 weeks. I know its possible, just can't do any more than I'm doing already.

Thanks Jojo, I'm just impatient that's all. And there WAS some movement today, just a pound which brings it tantalisingly close to the next BMI number...
speaking of movement (ahem) my docs just prescribed me iron and I know this can cause constipation...any good recommendations for something to counteract that?

Woohoo, just weighed and I've hit a magic number! In total I've lost 3stone, I'm so pleased. And it looks like I'm half a pound away from where I want to be by my birthday at the end of June. So happy.
AND yesterday on the school run I was asked if I'd lost a bit of weight so people are starting to notice, I guess that's because the weathers warm so I'm wearing less. Although I'm shocked I've had to lose 3stone before it's noticed!

Dear Diary. Today I am happy because I hit my interim target weight, which I was planning to get to before my birthday party which is 8 days away. I am going to treat myself to a new dress tomorrow in honour of myself.
I'm still on plan. Even on my birthday next week I'll be good. But on Friday/Saturday/Sunday I am definitely not going to be on plan. I am intending to celebrate with alcohol on Saturday night so I know I need to get out of ketosis so my carbs will begin on Friday night. Then Saturday is the party and Sunday a BBQ. On Monday I'm going to restart and I'm a little nervous because apparently its doubly hard 2nd time around. I'm hoping that I'll be really busy (we've got a lot on that week) so I'll sail through it. Also I ordered a months worth didn't I? So I don't want to waste the packs. I'll just make sure I'm strict & it should be OK. Even though I'm fully a size 14 now, and as I'm fairly tall that is relatively slim, I decided that ideally I'd like to be one and a half stone lighter, so I'm aiming for that in total. But I'm happy that I'm able to say that I'm where I wanted to be at this point.

Bought myself a new dress yesterday. Tried on a zillion but settled on a beautiful black number from coast. Was lovely to be able to pick size 14s and not worry about them fitting! however I don't love shopping and am just glad I'm sorted for my birthday party now. Weight is dropping off me still. Only 2lbs this last week but it's making a difference. I had tried on some old jeans about a fortnight ago and they were nowhere near fitting, but yesterday they slid on and did up comfortably. There's one more pair that I can't quite get into yet, after that it'll mean new clothes and possibly a size 12. Ketosis breath is still bad, hubby keeps mentioning it. Also what is going on with my hormones? I am on more often than I'm off IYKWIM. I've just had a break for a week and noticed spotting today. It is only light because surely there's no more blood to lose? Also my doc prescribed iron for me and I'm sure I'm only anaemic because of the ridiculous amount of periods I've been having. Anyway, I'm assuming it'll all settle down when I'm at goal.
This weeks challenge is to remain on track until Friday night. Because I know I'm going to come off the plan, I've been really tempted by food the last couple of days. But I must stay strong till then. And obviously next monday is the dreaded restart which appears to be fairly difficult if everyone's else's stories are to be believed. But I think there's another stone at least to be lost so I'll have to knuckle down and push on through if I want to lose it.

Well done on the dress. Don't get too hung up on the restart. I think the first time it's easier than we think so it's never quite like that. It's more of a mental game - decide it's going to be easy and prepare yourself like the first time and it probably will be. I had two successful restarts since I started. It's harder as you get close to the end but all doable.

Thanks Clinquant, I will try not to stress too much about it. Good to hear you've done some restarting yourself and it was all successful. I am also getting my knickers in a twist about gaining weight which I know will be inevitable when I come out of ketosis. I need to relax...

Last edited:
Woohoo just weighed and lost another pound, I have just realised that all these periods (sorry tmi!) are influencing the scales. The losses seem to stall a few days before I come on and then as soon as I come on, there's a whoosh. Hey every cloud...

Just told hubby I've lost another pound and a half and he's said "careful, you don't want to look too thin"...misery! I mean my bmi is still overweight and there's still rolls on my tummy, what is he on about? Maybe he's jealous. There's deffo another stone there to lose after this weeks break after all. I'm not going to take any notice of his negativity. Saboteur.

Well chaps, I'm going to eat carbs tomorrow! I've made the conscious decision to drink on Saturday night and I know official advice is to break ketosis 48 hours before alcohol, but I'm going to break it 24 hours before. I've done my research and I'm sure that this is how I want to do it. So I'm all excited about what food to choose to break the plan with. What should it be? Cake? Toast? Chocolates?
Last night I went out with a group of people and was presented with a birthday cake. I was very good and didn't have any. the meal I chose was just meat & salad so I was good then too. I'm surprising myself with my dedication. I am aiming to be as dedicated on Monday when I get back on plan.
I'll weigh myself on Monday morning & see what damage I've done, but I'm sure that I'll enjoy this blowout and be back in the zone within a week.

Hello Diary. Well, I ate and drank at the weekend. I didn't actually eat that much - no proper meals, just some bread, chocolates and crisps. And I drank at my party - just gin and tonics, so kept it quite pure. Didn't even have a hangover. Anyhow, the net result is that I put on 2.4lbs over the 3 days. Obviously I'd have loved it if I'd lost weight over that time, but frankly that's not realistic. I feel that it could have been a lot worse.
And this is day 2 of my restart. So yesterday I made a conscious decision to get back on plan. I gave away a ridiculous amount of brie/goats cheese/stilton/cake/wine that wasn't consumed at my party - I just didn't want to be tempted by it. I see how people find it harder the 2nd time around...the temptation is to play with the plan, to just nick a chip off your kids plate, or to sneak a mouthful of wine or something like that... BUT I've been really strict with myself. I had a houseguest for the last few days who is 8 stone overweight and watching her eat & drink made me conscious of why I want to stick to the plan. I sent her home with a few days supply of slim and save as I hope to have inspired her...who knows, my weight loss might have a domino effect and other people might follow suit.
Well, I felt amazing & really lovely and slim at my party at the weekend. I celebrated with people who haven't seen me for a while and it was lovely to be relatively slim compared to how they remembered me. I have resolutely decided that I'd like to lose another stone and a half from my current weight. That would put my target at 10 stone 12lbs. Of course, I am me after all and I may change my mind before I get there, but that's a woman's prerogative surely? I'm going to a wedding in 4.5 weeks so it'd be nice to be well on my way to the target by then.
(I got no less than 11 bottles of champagne for my birthday, as well as tonnes of chocolates - fortunately house guest drank 3 bottles, but the rest is now firmly stored out of sight in the garage where I won't be tempted - Top Tip is to put tempting things away from your living area - so I'll be able to enjoy them later in the year at a leisurely pace, when I'm at target)

Morning all. So this is day 4 of the restart. I've managed to be 100% so far. Just weighed and only lost one pound of the 2.4 that I gained. Oh that makes me sad. I wanted it to disappear as quick as it came! Clinquant, you were right about the restart...it hasn't been as dreadful as I thought. I've had to engage my hard headed no-nonsense approach and remain strict but I'm in day 4 now so hopefully over the worst of it.

Last edited:
Definitely looking ketosis in the face if you are not there already. Glad it's not been so bad. And definitely good that you have got rid of all the tempting treats. At least you will have something put by to toast your success later in the year.

Yup - and I think it was important to do so. I could have made an excuse about not wanting to waste food, or the money it cost, or just need to use it up etc etc but I really did need to put it out of sight. The mums at the school gates were very grateful for all the gateau etc. I'd rather it ended up on their hips than mine (Ooh miaow! Did I really just write that? :D ) I think that if you have tempting stuff around you're only making a rod for your own back - if anyone else is reading this & identifying, then do the right thing and get rid of it. Either give it away or put it somewhere you won't be tempted by it.

I'm off for an early night tonight, I'd forgotten how fatigued I felt first time round. Night night. x

So i thought I'd write this...my DH is so delighted with my new shape that he can't keep his hands off me! He's texting me when we're apart saying how he loves me, and it's all down to sns! It's quite exhausting IYKWIM. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D
So today I weighed and am nearly one pound less than my pre-party weight. Yay! Pleased to see a new number on the scales. And only 2lbs before I'm into a new stone bracket. Exciting.
I received a lot of vouchers for new clothes for my birthday, and I'm dying to go shopping but a) the next sale isn't till the 19th and b) I still want to lose more weight and c) I'm too busy this weekend. So I will wait til the sales and go splurge then.
So this is day 6 of my restart, all is well, hope everyone else is managing well. X

Day 6 of the restart and I've just noticed that my BMI is 25.7! Now although this is tantalisingly close to ok, I'm tempted to cheat more than ever. I must not cheat. I am going to adjust the target on my profile to keep me in the zone. Also everywhere I go people are saying I look fantastic so part of me thinks I don't need to lose any more. But I was looking at myself in a mirror last night and I definitely have got over a stone to lose. I'm kind of split between wanting to indulge, and wanting to get this last stone off ! Argh!

Back