Tequila's diary

Hmmm, so it's all in the mind? Then I can beat it. Today I am remarkably focused. Glad I stuck it out. Also I am very competitive so if Clinquant reckons it's a common thing, I will make sure I'm not the same as everyone else!:D
My friend who has also just started sns, came over. We decided to order a months worth between us and get the savings. So we decided what to order then ordered it. When it came to payment we decided that I would pay for this lot and in 2weeks she would pay for that next lot. But then she realised that she would be going away so needed to order it sooner rather than later, so then we decided to order the second batch now. Only once we'd done that did we realise that she could have just ordered her own, and I could have ordered my own. Now we've got to meet up again tomorrow to hand over the packs that we bought for each other.
I think I'm going mad!!! :eek::eek:

Just weighed. Scales say 12.04st. How ridiculously close to the 11s? Just did my BMI too and the app I use has told me that I've less than a stone to target. Well 13.6lbs which is a smidge less than a stone anyway.
I started this plan after my BFF (who is also my boss) told me I was getting fat. She told me if I could stick to lipotrim for a month that she would take me to Boston on the company. So I did. Of course she had recently lost a tonne of weight on lipotrim which made her all preachy, then virtually as soon as I started my diet, she stopped hers! So I've been preaching at her since then. I've finally nagged her enough that she's given in, she's about half a stone heavier than she was so hopefully she's nipped that gain in the bud. Hilariously her BMI is 28 or something so now she's officially fatter than me. But when I go in to work tomorrow it'll be so nice that she won't be eating in front of me, we'll be milk shaking together!

Dear diary, I'm still 100%, no deviations from the plan. Aunt Flo is visiting AGAIN. She's brought PMT with her so I've been fighting tummy aches all day. :(
Tried a new flavour-fruits of the forest shake. Verdict:yuk. Had a lovely choc orange Truffa this evening which made up for it.
Had a sad email from my friend who's getting married in a fortnight, (where I was hoping to look fabulous) to say the wedding is now off. Feel dreadful for her, poor girl. Wish I lived nearer to her, I want to scoop her up and look after her. To have to cancel at this late stage must be devastating. I was really looking forward to it. A bunch of my college friends who I haven't seen for over 10 yrs were going, I was sure it would be a riot! And very selfishly I was looking forward to showing off my new figure...but in the grand scheme of things, that's neither here not there.
I'm at another wedding in August so I'll aim for that instead.
Have got a busy weekend ahead of me, let's hope I can get through it calmly and see some movement on the scales. I deserve it after TOTM.

Hope you are feeling better today?

That is sad new about your friend. I really hope she can find happiness in a relationship in the future and look back on this in years to come as the right decision.

Isn't that one of the lovely things about losing weight (well if you are anything like me) - that we start to look forward to events not just because we want to enjoy time with people but also because we enjoy planning what to wear and knowing we look good! I just can't wait to get to that again. I have fond memories of it! For far too long now I avoid things to a certain extent or feel slightly uncomfortable. I hope you feel this joy at the August wedding you are going to!

Hi Zeke,
yes I'm no longer scared of an unflattering photo, or wondering what people think, will they recognise me? etc. In my 20s I used to be a model and I know I'm lucky that I tend to look good in pics but in the last couple of years, I wouldn't feel good without a face full of make up, and my hair done. Now I'm slimmer I'm able to enjoy posing for a photo without make up or any special poses to hide chins (for the record, if you elongate your neck and point your chin down, looking up into the camera that alleviates double chins on photos!) which is very liberating.
I went to m and s today and tried on size 14 jeans. They were too big. Then the shop shut so I didn't get the chance to try 12s but I'm thinking of going back at 9am tomorrow just to check. I couldn't believe it. I was astounded. I think I'm still in shock.
How are you finding it Zeke? Have you got a diary? I'm off to mooch around to see if I can find it. I have found the diaries really useful and even the old ones too. I need to read about some maintenance plans really, that's going to be my next pit stop I think.

Ps check out my bmi - 25.1!! I'm within a whisker of not being overweight. Woohoo!

How exciting to be so close to being in the healthy BMI range and being a size 12! Well done! You are an inspiration to me - I hope I can be in this position in 12 weeks time!

Yes, I have a diary - it is in this section - I change the title of it every day though...yesterday it was day 1/84 and today was, you've guessed it, day 2/84! I love having somewhere to ramble, type myself through tough times, share excitement and mini victories - even if it is just with myself!

Done it! My bmi is 25 at last! So very happy. Have decided to celebrate with a macdonalds. Only joking. I shall celebrate with a fizzy water or peppermint tea.

Tequila1 you are doing so well! Your diary is an inspiration to a newbie like me :)

Tequila1 you are doing so well! Your diary is an inspiration to a newbie like me :)
Thanks Hazza & Zeke!

Hazza I've seen you're on day one & I wondered if you would think I was very preachy if I just shared this with you?

I have found the diary quite a useful tool as a distraction from eating. I recommend starting one. Also I've found the other diaries really good - to provide a good benchmark as to what to expect. Also useful is other people's input - Clinquant always seems to have the right words (is she a psychiatrist?) too. I've also been surrounded by friends who have been inspired by my rapid weight loss and in total 4 of my closest mates have also started their own sns journey - which helps because when you only want to talk about food, there are other people there to talk to who understand. Since being in ketosis, I haven't had any real hunger (the odd twinge but I like it, it makes me feel virtuous), or desire to binge or eat secretly, but then that's because I've understood the ketogenic principles and how necessary its been to be strict with oneself. I haven't had the extra veg or milk allowance: I've been VERY strict, but I think its paid off. I've learned to like peppermint tea & fizzy water.
I've also had the support of a BFF who was truly heaven sent - she told me (nicely) that I was too fat & I should do lipotrim. She is my boss too and she told me that if I could stick to lipotrim for 4 weeks, she'd take me to Boston (USA!!!) on a business trip. So obviously I stuck to it for 4 weeks - who wouldn't??? In that 4 weeks I lost nearly 2 stone so that was the hardest bit over with really - so I suggest a MASSIVE incentive would help. Is there something huge that you or your loved ones will be able to provide for you once you've completed your first month?

The hardest bit for me is yet to come - 10 more pounds to my personal goal, then to keep it all off. I read somewhere that if you can keep it off for 3 years then you're very likely to keep it off forever. Hmmmm, we'll see. I'm formulating a plan to help me, and I think 5:2 may be used - but I really do need to get my head around how I'm going to keep it off. After all, its not like I've learnt any new habits by being on this plan is it? I'm pretty sure it would be ridiculously easy to just fall back into gorging on cakes & biscuits & sweets like before.

But good luck for you and your journey - please do keep a diary, use the facebook groups too, they're fantastic for support. I'd love to see the results from your first weigh in. It'll be a real motivator. xxx

Your last post literally filled me with determination and positivity!! Thankyou!!!

Massive well done on being only 10lbs from goal - that's so awesome, you and your BFF must be very proud! I take it the trip to Boston was worth it?! I think you have read my diary now so yes, my wedding is the incentive I will be using haha!

This diet is obviously only going to work for people who want it 100% and succeed you need a lot of will power, I was wavering tonight but I am so glad I read your posts! I am totally committed to this now and hope to post a mega loss on Monday :)

Good luck on your journey, i hope the last 10lbs falls off nice and quickly! I'm off to take your advice and go and read some diaries x

I'm blushing here. Definitely not a psychiatrist but I am very old and a lot of things have happened to me! Your advice is spot on too. 100% is so much easier. The first time I did this that's what I did for 8 months. This time I did a solid 4 months 100% then another stint where I did add the veg after Christmas but it's harder the more you add in even though it seems easier to have more choice. Ketosis is your friend.

And well done on crashing through that 25 barrier. :)

Thanks all for your wise words and knowledge! So in your experience would I lose more weight if I eliminated the veg and just did the four shake/meals? I was going to do a mixture of lifestyle and simplicity, is either one more effective?

The official advice is that both plans will give the same losses. I have done 2 lifestyle days where I literally had no option. Other than that I've no real experience of the lifestyle plan I'm afraid. I love simplicity because it has helped me to feel like I'm not in control, the plan is in control. The restrictive nature of it has been a form of comfort in some weird way and I'm not tempted to binge or break it (not tempted enough anyway!) One of my mates is having much smaller losses than me and the only thing different is that she's using her milk allowance, I'm not. She reckons she might leave it for a few days and see if it helps shift it quicker. I'll post on here if it makes a difference.

The official advice is that both plans will give the same losses. I have done 2 lifestyle days where I literally had no option. Other than that I've no real experience of the lifestyle plan I'm afraid. I love simplicity because it has helped me to feel like I'm not in control, the plan is in control. The restrictive nature of it has been a form of comfort in some weird way and I'm not tempted to binge or break it (not tempted enough anyway!) One of my mates is having much smaller losses than me and the only thing different is that she's using her milk allowance, I'm not. She reckons she might leave it for a few days and see if it helps shift it quicker. I'll post on here if it makes a difference.

Tequila has definitely lost at a faster rate that what I did on the other two times I tried SnS - both of those times I had my full milk allowance, veg allowance and coke zero, and almost certainly went over it on some days. We had similar starting BMIs but not sure about ages (I was 39 - dieting for my 40th at the time) or activity (I was fairly inactive). The stats from my first two times are in my diary hazza, if you are interested (Photo of my spread sheet!). In short though, in 11 weeks Tequila has lost 48.5 lbs (including a week where she was off plan for 3 days) and I lost 36.8 lbs in the same amount of time the first time I did sns.

This time round I am 41 and very inactive on the whole (I have an issue with my back and foot - part of the reason I am doing this!). I started off not having the milk allowance and about half of the veg allowance and a couple of cans of coke zero a day. Yesterday I completed a day without any of that and intend to continue. It will be interesting to see how my losses compare in due time. At the moment it looks like I am on course to lose an average of my first and second round in week 1, although I think it will be after week 2 that will be the most interesting.

Are you planning on staying on SnS Tequila until you reach your final goal?

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting.... At the moment I am not really using my milk allowance as I don't really like hot drinks and have been having 1 can of coke zero a day and some salad and veg with my dinner. I am going to have a simplicity day today so see how I fair on it. If I don't get too hungry I might carry on with just the meal packs.

Can't wait to see what your final total is this week Zeke!

Back