Teresa's target diary

Hi Teresa

WOw- shocking that cake would be 3 syns per bite and its so easy to just eat it! But you didnt, very strong of you to throw it away :) Your dip does sound really nice, I'll definitely be trying that one. Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do well with having a good 7 hours of walking under your belt.

Thanks for the reminder, I'm off for some NAS squash myself :)

well done you for throwing the cake away im not sure if i could have been so strong but at 3 syns a bite :0 thats sooooo high:( your dip sounds lovely too and well done for going syn free today, im certain you'll have a good weight loss tomorrow x

Off to weigh in soon, have already run almost 5 miles and it is freezing out and I can not get warm. Just warming my clothes on the radiator before i get out of my dressing gown.

breakfast at class
hi fi bar (heb) apple,pear and banana

lunch (switched to tea)
curried butternut squash soup
sardines
yogurt
fruit

tea (lunch)
if i have time
eggs beans and chips

prunes (heb )
milk in teas (hea)

Last edited:
I am so indecisive at the moment i change my meal plans at every meal :)

My lunch was HUGE chips, mushrooms, eggs and beans YUM so not hungry now for a proper tea but will be out until after 8 maybe even 8.30 so just had a Heb of prunes and some cottage cheese with pineapple and passion fruit (2.5 syns and so not worth it ) LOL

If I am hungry later i will have some butternut squash soup when i get in. Or some fruit and yog

Teresa

well done teresa you deserved that loss with all your hard work this week:) i have never managed to set a meal plan for a day never mind a week lol i constantly change my mind on what to eat.

Today is threatening to go down hill.

But I am posting here to prevent myself from diving in the bread bin followed by the biscuit barrel. Followed by anything not nailed down (hmm how would 2 kids taste with a bit of ketchup LOL)

A combination of things going on

1) I am not sleeping well which is always dangerous

2) I did not eat enough yesterday I need to plan my wednesdays better, as I go straight to my wi after a run and nothing to eat snack during class. Then eat a massive lunch but then need to eat some tea around 4 pm which i am not ready for as i then have my own group until 8.30 and i can not do that with a grumbly tummy. Then i am shattered when it comes to making something when i get home.

3) It is cold

4) I slept late so didn't grab proper meals to bring to work with me and i really needed brekafast, lunch and tea.

5) There is barely anything to eat in the cupboards at work as they are getting a delivery tomorrow.

So all my meals have been cobbled together

breakfast
fruit and yogurt

snack
1/2 orange

lunch
some butternut squash i intended to make into soup but no carrots or onions here at work. So i used all the oddments of veg i found in the fridge to make a butternut squash and rice dish (pleasantly nice)

but come 3.30 even though i ate a huge portion i was starving

So

snack 2 (probably will be tea unless i am motivated to do something when i get home)

leftover quark and cheese dip (1/2 hea)
1 ryvita (last one left so will syn it 1.5)
1 breadstick (syn?)
half a pepper
28g wensleydale with cranberries

1 alpen light (1/2 heb)

There are lots of apples and yogurts so will have some more yogurt and fruit, I do have a can of sardines with me but nothing to eat them with. So will probably just have fruit, yogurt and alpen light.

If i can summon up the energy I am going to run tonight. But then by the time I get home will be too tired to make anything else so it will be straight to bed.

Long rambly post but now I have posted here I WILL NOT eat the foods that are here

birthday cake
choc buttons
custard creams (especially as i don't like them not that i have let that stop me in the past)
peanut butter
TOAST and clover
choc digestives
cheese

I will get up tomorrow and have a massive breakfast as i am on the run all day tomorrow too.

Hello Teresa

Firstly well done on the 1.5lbs - thats brilliant! I'm sorry you're having a bad day. You've got all your reasons written down which I find really helps, just listing them and acknowledging them. I really hope you've stuck to your guns and managed to stick with free things and not gone into your 'other' list of foods. Thats the best thing with acknowledging those too - well done :)

Could you update on here later on how you're doing (might that help to keep the focus?) ;) x

You are so right, writing down all the things i was going to avoid and my reasons for feeling like i was going to mess up was cathartic(sp) as was a 4.3 mile run with friends .

I have had no more syns (just the one breadstick and one ryvita and have a whole heb left !!)

Can't be bothered to cook anything so going to shower brush my teeth and get ready for an early night.

Teresa

aw sorry your having a bad day today (((hugs))) im glad to read that you haven't given in and maybe and an early night is exactly what you need it'll allow you to recharge your batteries ready for a fresh start in the morning. you did great not you have had any more syns too i hope you have a great night sleep and feel a whole lot better in the morning xx

Here here - you've done brilliantly for not giving in! You'll be feeling even better in the morning :)

yes thankyou a good run last night and a fab nights sleep and i feel like a new woman.

I made the fake gregg's pasty recipe this morning and then ate it for breakfast (the recipe is in the recipe thread but i can post it here if you like)

The relief consultant recommended it as tasting like the middle of a gregg's cheese and onion pasty.

I knew i needed a filling breakfast as i have had two days of not eating enough and i wanted to try it out as a possibility to take as a taster to my group.

If you like stodge it is good (basically pasta n sauce and smash mixed together with eggs and quark) But mine was too wet to take as a taster and i am not convinced i like it that much i can taste the smash quite a lot so i probably won't bother again. Although it would be excellent post cold long run food.

This afternoon I am standing in aldi for 4 hours with a basket of SW friendly food and all my SW stuff doing promotion. Hope it goes well.

Todays menu green

breakfast
gregg's pasty 1/2 syn + 1/2 hea

early lunch
more of greg's pasty

snack
pear
apple
banana
hi fi bar (heb)

dinner (not sure as may go to the pictures)
will be vegetable based. (stir fry or veggie curry)

Here is the recipe if you fancy it

1 to 2 syns for the whole pie.
1 packet Batchelors Macaroni cheese (2 syn) *****I used cheese leek and ham for 1 syn
1 Packet cheese & onion Smash ******** I used asda smart price instant mash
250g tub fromaige frais ******* i used quark by mistake LOL
1/2 grated onion
3 eggs
Pour both packs into a bowl dry. Add enough boiling water to make it look like you've made a thick mash.
Add rest of ingredients and mix really well, it looks a bit sloppy but don't worry.
Pour into a dish it will come right up to the top this is fine.
Bake in oven 160c for about 45 mins.
I sprinkled on a he portion of reduced fat cheddar for 1 hea for the whole thing

So the whole dish is 1 or 2 syns and 1 hea if you use cheese and it is loads

Alhough i have had an OP day it has not been the most balanced.

Breakfast
gregg's pasty 1 syn (1/2 hea)

snack
apple
pear
fiber plus (Heb)

lunch
more gregg's pasty
baked beans

tea
baked beans
laughing cow light (1/2 hea)
prunes (heb)
muller corner yog (4 syns and so not worth it)

Now off to the pictures

Saturdays EE menu

breakfast
yogurt and fruit

9 mile run

lunch
gregg's pasty and beetroot (1/2 hea other 1/2 milk in tea)
banana

dinner
chilli and spicy wedges

If i have time I will make a SW friendly dessert of scan bran cake
or lemon chiffon cheesecake

i dont really like the taste of smash so not sure if id like the pasty but it does sound interesting! what did you see at the pictures?

We were going to see Social Network but it was sold out :-( So now desparately trying to not pick (saving all my syns for sunday's pudding)

I don't like smash either but I was told you couldn't taste the smash. But you def could.

Teresa

oh i fancy seeing that too, might see if my sis wants to go on tues night when the girls are at their dads.

im the same tonight, desperatly trying not to eat anything else as already had 14 syns, dont even want to got into the kitchen for a drink of squash incase i end up opening the fridge for more of the kids chocolate lol x

I just realised I have had 14 consecutive days OP :) That I think is a record for me recently.

On to day 15.

Tomorrow I will go over my syns but as it is a planned flexi syn meal (well pudding really) i am still counting it as an OP day. And i will only have that one thing off plan not the whole meal/day.

woo hoo well done on all your op days:) im envious already about your pudding tomorrow and you haven't even had it yet lol. hope you have a great day today x

Back