Teri's Yummy Mummy Diary

To be honest I haven't a clue. Calorie cycling I think lol. Had high yesterday cos of chinese, had 1661 today minus 202 cals exercise. Tomorrow will be medium around 1300 possibly, Mon-Tues around 1200 I think and I'm going to try going lower than 1200 on Wed and Thurs. It's harder to diet when hubby is around too I don't know why x

Have you tried having your slimfast for just one of your meals and replacing the other slimfast meal for something of similar calories.

I loved the slimfast diet and was quite successfull on it but the amount of sugars in them cant be good for you in the long term. I came off them slowly replacing my morning shake for porridge or weetabix and fruit..... The same calories as slim fast, but real food that will do you good rather than just sustgaining basic nutritional needs till lunch time.

Last edited:
Cas3 said:
Im struggling this wk just cos oh is off till wed really hope I dont gain wot I loss I ate loads last nite thinking I probably had around 2000 opps! really thinking of join ww or sw just for first 2 wks to get the books but I do enjoy just adding up cal's x

I think I need a plan that keeps me full which sw does. I think the freedom of cal counting so I can eat what I want is throwing me off track. With sw at least my foods in a sense are restricted whereas if I'm hungry I can have a sw friendly snack to fill me up and leave enough syns for my supper or bar choc :) I just feel like I'm bouncing from diet to diet at the moment. I really need to make a decision and stick to it. I know sw works so I guess I need to bite the bullet and get on with it. Maybe every few weeks I'll take a week out to do slimfast to use up the last of my shakes but they last for months so maybe not xx

Lotty Big Botty said:
Have you tried having your slimfast for just one of your meals and replacing the other slimfast meal for something of similar calories.

I loved the slimfast diet and was quite successfull on it but the amount of sugars in them cant be good for you in the long term. I came off them slowly replacing my morning shake for porridge or weetabix and fruit..... The same calories as slim fast, but real food that will do you good rather than just sustgaining basic nutritional needs till lunch time.

Yeah, I started to get a lot of headaches so have stopped sf for now as I'm not sure what's causing them. I did have a sf shake do breakfast and I'm cal counting at mo, think I'll be going back to sw as it worked for me before but I'm just trying to make a decision. I'm desperate to lose weight. I have a christening in 2weeks and wanted some weight off x

Yeah I hope so, I'll count the cals out of interest but I'll try to eat til I'm full so I don't eat what I shouldn't if I haven't eat enough. So........got my sw book out hope I can do this without access to the online tools x

Yeah will prob be less than I think. Going to do my diary for tomorrow in a few mins and quick to it xx

Omg weighed unofficially as starting sw today and I've gained 3.5 lb's :( I'm so upset. I don't understand what's going on with my body. If sw doesn't work then I don't know what I'm going to do.
Naomi slept 12-5.30 I don't know why she won't sleep on a Sunday night for long. Starting on a extra easy day today but usually Mondays will be green. I Have filled in on mfp and I'm under my cal goal so far x

I did ee today, since it's my first day, thought I'd start easy. I'm going to do my red day plan in a bit for tomorrow to see if I have enough to get me through the day lol x

Todays food so far

Breakfast - 1.5 syns
Strawberries SS
WW yogurt
2 cups tea 1/2 sugar

Lunch - syns 2.5 syns
Salad American style
Mackerel in chilli dressing
NAS jelly
Pepsi max
Half grapefruit SS

Dinner - 8.5 syns
Salad with salad cream
Jacket potato & beans
Smoked cod fresh fish

Hea - milk semi skimmed
Heb - 2 x alpen bar

Snacks - 13.5
Cup of tea 0.5 syn
Bernard Matthews turkey slices
Bounty - I could swear these were 139cals but I messed up.

Syns - 26.5syns.
Cals - 1723 total
Will only have 3.5 syns or less tomorrow instead of 15. Been a good day except my mishap with the bounty and mackerel. I should have checked before chewing!

Last edited:
Strawberry Madness said:
That Mackerel in chilli dressing sounds good. :p
grats on today.

Oh I love it and I'm not that into fish, the best way to have it is on a hot jacket potato! X

Mixed my meals around a bit today. RED DAY

Breakfast - 0.5 syns
WW bread and cheese spread heA &heB
Cup of tea
Strawberries SS
Grapefruit SS

Lunch - 0.5 Syn
Turkey breast slices x 2
WW yogurt
Half grapefruit SS
Jelly NAS

Tea - 2 syns