Terrible first day!

I thought I was prepared for my first day on SW but I was not. I've ate the wrong things all day. Got myself confused with free foods, superfree foods and I ended up phoning a chippy for dinner as my 3 year old daughter has been moaning at me all day and I could not be bothered cooking. :( Feeling very disappointed with myself. I am going to read the books I got yesterday in my starter pack tonight so I am more prepared tomorrow.

Don't beat yourself up about it - it took me ages to get my head around the plan. I know it sounds so simple but when it comes down to cooking it somehow gets more difficult! I find I do best when I plan. Plan plan plan. Sit down and look through your books and read people's food diaries on here and the recipe threads. Read and re-read your books. Then make a plan for the week and go shopping. Make sure you drink lots of water, and stock up on lots of fruit and veg to snack on, as well as some low-syn treats to keep you going. It might take a few weeks to properly feel like you know what you're doing, but even if you're not 100% for the first little while, it'll probably be better than what you were doing! And ask for or look for advice on here when you need it.

Good luck! :) x

fresh start tomorrow

go to the shops and buy lots of fruit, veg, lean meat, free carbs, fat free yogurts and healthy A and B options. Have a plan for some interesting things to cook and some things to cook if you can't be bothered (I have bird's eye bake to perfection salmon with herb sauce in the freezer for this). Also get some low syn treats to plan in (100 cal choc bars or crisps for example)

good luck for the rest of the week xx

The rest of the week you'll be fab and if you are confused or find yourself struggling again just pop in here for a chinwag / rant or advice! :)

Oh and a top tip for hungry kids wearing out your patience and not being bothered to cook. I always have some jacket spuds ready just to reheat in the microwave, then just top with beans, cheese, ham, tuna, or whatever you've got in the fridge..helps to stop you from picking up that phone and being tempted yourself!

GOOD LUCK! xxx

Back