Step2 810kcal Terrible week

Tiggemma

Silver Member
So all in all march has not been a good month. I had food poisoning from some chicken I ate whilst away for work and then this week I found a lump in my breast and have been to the clinic and had a biopsy etc. basically I have fallen off the wagon big time this week with the stress. I have to wait a week for my results but they have said it looks ok and now I want to get back on track. But I am so tired I'm just struggling to get up and have sort of lost my mojo. I only have 12 lbs to go to get to my goal and I know I can do it I just need some support and encouragement (not very forthcoming at home I'm afraid). Please help!!!

Oh my, sounds like you are having a terrible time! Don't be too hard on yourself, I would fall to pieces if that were me. You CAN do this, just be strong x

Thanks RuthG. I feel like I could sleep for a week but still have to get up and go to work every day like normal. I'm seeing my CDC tomorrow so will spill to her and she's really great so I should be back on track in no time!

I had a lot on last week (incredibly busy week at work and I lost a friend suddenly) and by the weekend, when I was ordering take away for my daughters birthday sleepover my thoughts were basically stuff it so I ordered a pizza.

I sort of regret it, but at the end of the day it is done, can't change it now. What it did do was highlight to me my relationship with food and how it "makes me feel better". Except it doesn't really, I've been back on plan for 4 days and only just seeing the scales move now and start to loose the few lbs that I had put on.

Will it stop me from doing it again? maybe. maybe not. But next time I get that little voice saying just have something nice, or its been horrible this week just go for it, I might actually think is it worth days and days of pre ketosis hell to get back on track for what? 15 mins of nomming?

I know some stuff is unavoidable, food poisoning you can't exactly help and trust me, a lot of people here will be able to relate to the emotional eating. We don't all end up fat because we have a healthy relationship with food ;)

Now you have a choice, pick up, get going and get yourself back on track and do this for you, or let circumstances keep you from where you want to be :)

Big hugs, don't dwell on things or kick yourself, just get back on plan and promise yourself you will try to do this. xx

GLL, you're right. I know I feel so much better when I stick to plan etc but just before the hospital appointment the devil on my shoulder won out. Anyway. I have decided to forget about March. I still lost 5lbs over the month so that's not exactly a disaster but April will be so much better!

I know now every now and then I will comfort eat, who doesn't, but it doesn't have to be the end of my weight loss unless I let it.

Back on track now and have had two products and copious water today so should be back into ketosis soon and less hunger pangs.

You'll all be glad to hear that I have stuck to plan today and I am feeling much better about myself. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully it will be just as good as today.

Back