Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

You do have a long way to drive to work - that must be hard in itself. I think youre doing really well. We are all hoping to go to Zumba next week - I told my friends about it and they are all up for it - so thanks for telling me about it! Wont have an ounce of coordination whatsoever tho! Take carex

Hi Cookie, hope you're well. I went to Zumba last night as well, and I'm well and truly addicted. I too, unfortunately have no co-ordination whatsoever, but I just try my best. So much fun. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how it goes, ok? Have a good day.:)

Goodmorning everyone, hope you're all ok. I am feeling extremely tired this morning and actually am trying to stay awake at the moment. :eek: I felt absolutely awful yesterday thanks to TOM and lack of sleep.:jelous: Spent the first part of my day cuddling my hotwater bottle, and found myself eating a few of Jessie's crisps because I felt so sorry for myself. :(
However, I forced myself to go to Zumba last night and I really enjoyed myself. I definitely think that would've burnt off the excess calories! :D
I have two more shifts left before I am off. Can't wait to have lie in!!!!
I'm going to try and do a SS day today. I haven't had my first shake yet. Going to have my Banana Tetra between 8 and 9am, then I'm going to cut my bar up into chunks again. I'm going to half my other shake (Choc mint) into two and have one half about 3pm and the other half about 7pm. Hopefully that should tide me over too. Need to drink more water today as didn't manage much yesterday.
Anyway, chat soon. :)

Hiya,

Good for you for going to your zumba classes. I tried salsa once :eek: (and very embarrassingly only once!) after discovering I have the co-ordination of an elephant on stilts. It was not pretty. I had to feign a sudden ankle injury to run away from the whole sorry mess :D.

Any exercise is always beneficial, not just for the calories, but for keeping you nice and toned, getting the blood flowing, muscle mass etc.

I wish I had your energy!!!

Have a good day

Toria xxx

I will indeed let you know how I get on! Or dont get on! I am suffering today also withTOM and havent felt this tired for the whole 4 weeks. Don't eat her crisps! They are horrid and you dont need them! ;-)

Hi Toria, thanks for your message. I too have absolutely no co-ordination, although I love to dance.:bunnydance: :party0048: I'm just hoping it gets easier the more I do and obviously the more I lose. I watch the skinny-minnies pull of the moves to perfection and do turn a strange shade of green! :tongue: LOL. You should try Zumba, though. It is really fun. :)

Hi Cookie, thanks for your post. I've also posted on your diary. Things are going better today. Feel quite positive. This is my last day at work for 20 days! :happy036:
I'm going to do SS only from Friday and I'm quite looking forward to it in a way. I want to see a big weightloss from next week. I'm hoping that the scales are kind to me this week. We shall see. Weigh in on Friday morning.
On the menu for today I have - Choc tetra for breakfast and Veg soup for lunch with my choc bar split into 10 pieces to nibble on during the day. (it's gonna be a bit tricky to eat at the desk, as we have VIP visitors coming in today, so everything has to stay spotless! ;) Don't know yet what I'm going to have for my last pack. I am contemplating a "warm" choc mint before bed....we'll see.
Anyway, better get back to work!
Hope you all have a good day. :D

Hi everyone! Have been to weigh in this morning and I've lost 4.5lbs!!!! Yay! I'm sooo pleased as this is the most I've lost since I started. :D
I'm doing SS mainly from tomorrow, but I'm having a SS+ day still today.
I'm in an extremely good mood recently. Must be due to the fact that I'm on leave and my daughter has allowed me to have a lie in until 8:30 in the morning! :) I've also purchased and have been listening to the Becks Diet Solution audio CD. It's cognative behavioural therapy. Really good. In addition to that I also have Paul McKenna's I can make you thin CD. So, I should be well and truly hypnotised! LOL.

Anyway, I will catch up with everyone's diaries a bit later, as I'm off out to visit my friend now. Have a good day, all. x

Yey! Brilliant stuff, bet youre pleased!!

The other thing that caught my eye on your post was .....8.30?!!? That NEVER happens here! Lucky you!
My brother says the paul mckenna cd is brilliant and I have had CBT before and its good. Glad you're happy you should be!x

Hi Cookie, thanks for that. Yes, I am pretty chuffed. That brings it to 14.5lbs lost so far. It's taken some time for me to get going, but I feel that I'm on a roll now. :D
My daughter gave me yet another lie-in this morning! How lucky am I?! Looks like she's got 8:30 on the dot programmed as her waking up time.:)

It's going ok today so far. Thought it would be a challenge to go onto SS, but if I find it too tough I will have another shake instead of a meal, I think. We've been invited to go to a picnic tomorrow and to go and watch Dragonboat racing, so I'm looking forward to that. Already deciding what shakes to take along. It will probably be easier to take a Tetra and a bar... My sister also phoned me this morning and she's invited Jess and I to go to Warwick Castle with her and my nephew next Sunday!! I'm soo excited. I've wanted to go for quite a while.
Tonight I'm just going to chill and watch the X factor I think. I have to cook dinner for my hubby and Jessie tonight, so I think I will just do a meat dish then I know I won't be tempted to pick. (I don't eat red meat, seafood, pork, although I eat chicken fillet only on occassions).
Anyway, gotta pop to the shop now because I have nothing in the house for my little girl or hubby to eat! I have loads though!;)
I will chat to you guys soon! Take it easy. x

Hi Tessie. Congratulations on losing your first stone :D:D You should be proud of the way you are coping.
Thanks also for popping by my diary. I am quite isloated at the moment and it is nice to hear from people, like having friends.
Good luck with your SS and I'll keep my fingers crossed for another good loss next week xxx

Hi tessie how was the picnic and dragonboat racing??
Warwick Castle that will be fun, we went last year and liked it. I find its nice to have fun things planned so treats are events etc instead of food if you see what I mean.
How are you finding the becks CD?? I might look into getting that.
Hope you've had a good day xx

Hi Miss-r, great to hear from you. The dragonboat racing went really well although it was absolutely freezing! Had a bit of a disasterous day diet-wise though. :cry: I packed the whole picnic in - sandwiches, etc for hubby and daughter, and I put my Cambridge products in a separate bag. Well, hubby packed "everything" in, or so he told me. When we got to the lake I went to have a look for my first shake and guess what!? he'd only gone and left the bag containing my shakes at home!!!!!!!:cry: I was soooo upset. My fault really - I shouldn't have trusted him to pack everything, but I was so busy sorting my little girl out, that I didn't have time to do everything. I stuck it out as long as possible, having coffee and loads of water, but I felt like fainting early afternoon and my hubby told me to stop this silliness and eat something, as I look as pale as a ghost. Well, I conceded and I ate a sandwich.:( It didn't really help much though as I had a bad headache by this time and was absolutely freezing. Only got home at 7pm last night, had a choc tetra and went to have a nice warm bath.
So, I'm having to start over this morning to get myself back into ketosis. I'm sooo pee'd off with myself. Well, I've had my strawberry tetra. Going to do SS today, if I can, so going to have a soup for lunch about 2pm, I think and then my choc bar this evening.
Sorry to have digressed, miss-r. Anyway, yes the Becks Diet Solution is definitely very good. I recommend it. :)
I'm really looking forward to Warwick Castle. This time I definitely will pack my bag myself! :D
Have a good day, all. Gotta get on with having a quick tidy up in the house before I start potty-training my daughter. Have a good day. x

Aaah thanks Cookie. Still feeling bad about it, though. Trying to get back on track after yesterday, but it's hard. I am really struggling with just SS, and think I may go onto SS+ just with an extra pack instead of a meal again.
Going to Zumba again tonight. Even though I feel quite ill today (headache, tired, etc) I am looking forward to going. Hope I have the energy for it. Going to have a pack just before I go.
Hope you're ok. Chat soon. :)

Eventful week - not so good for CD!!

Well, I can honestly say that this has been the most horrible week so far. I don't think I've managed to stay 100% on Cambridge even once! :(
Obviously it started Sunday where I went completely off plan due to my hubby not packing my "picnic" in, then Monday was a fairly ok day although I struggled, but yesterday was terrible. My little girl woke up pretty early yesterday morning, and decided she wanted to go downstairs without waiting for me. The next thing I know I hear this loud thump! She fell down the stairs!!!!!:cry: I had such a fright and I don't even know how I got down the stairs to get to her. Rushed her to A&E, and after a serious of X Rays, etc it turns out she has a hairline crack in her elbow along with swelling and now has a cast on her arm. I can honestly say I didn't even think of CD yesterday at all. That was the last thing on my mind. I think I've really blown it this week, although I didn't actually eat anything yesterday, really.
I'm trying to get back on track today and have had my strawberry tetra so far. Going to do SS+ today and am planning on having an omelette for lunch. I need to go to the shop and get some water as I'm running low and the tap water is rank.
Sorry for the ramble. Hope everyone is doing well. Gotta run as my little one is calling me. Will catch up with everyone's diaries very soon. Take care. x

Oh my god! Poor little thing and poor you. I think I would freak out if that happened to Eva. Im alwaypanicking anyway about her! Im sure that your daughter will probably not even remember,and will get on with it like nothing has happened. They do that dont they, and its us mummies that freak out! Thinking of you - hope youre okx

Thanks hon, yes Jess has already forgotten about it until she sees someone new and then has to tell them what happened!:eek: Just posted on your diary too. Take care. x

How is your daughter today? Hope she is ok. Am back on my sofa now waiting for Eva to come home from nursery to run me ragged again! 2 hours she was up last night - crying on and off. Its silly now - she is the only one of all her friends who doesnt sleep through consistently. Does your daughter?!?!x

Hi Cookie, shame Hon - hope you get some rest. Jessie is fine today. Got a call from the Fracture clinic saying they wanted to see her tomorrow instead of the 30th, so had to cancel my CD appointment for tomorrow. Just as well really coz I haven't even thought of CD this week, to be honest.
No, Miss Jess still doesn't sleep through the night, no matter what time she goes to bed. Tried putting her to bed a bit later and tiring her out, but to no avail. She usually wakes up about 1:30 for a drink of milk. I'm hoping that she'll grow out of it eventually. My friends on facebook were discussing it today, actually. One of them's daughter didn't sleep through until she went to school when she was six!! (that's when they go to school in South Africa). Don't worry about it though. I've stopped worrying about it now.
Have a good day, Hon and I will catch up with you soon. :)

Back