Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey to a healthy me

Lol one tiny mini egg! Its insane how much we beat ourselves up about the smallest things when in real life we would have polished off a whole tube of mini eggs. So look on the positive side it was only one and it wont make a difference at all.

Have a good dayx
LOL - that's so true, Mishi. Thanks. Pre-Cambridge that would've been a BIG tube of mini eggs, followed by goodness knows what else! :D

mmmm mini eggs are lush tho, keep strong summer is not far away and with it brings strappy vests and shorts aaaarrrgghh!! x

:rolleyes:Mmmm, can't remember the last time I wore proper summer clothes like a dress or strappy vest.:eek: Can't wait to be able to buy clothes in places like Primark and Matalans, New Look, etc. :)

Brilliant diary Joe alps going well I'm on day 7 weigh in day tomorrow so similar time on cd x

Brilliant diary Joe alps going well I'm on day 7 weigh in day tomorrow so similar time on cd x

Hiya, thanks very much. Sometimes I think my rambling is a bit boring...:eek: Good luck with your weightloss journey. I'm sure you'll do really well. :D

Well, this day has been a very long one, to be honest. I'm going home a bit earlier today (at 5pm instead of 6) as I'm owed an hour. I thought - why not? It's really quiet at work anyway.

Diet-wise it's been ok, although I am really hungry and headachy at the moment. I've also still got a sore throat, which doesn't help!
Anyway, I had my Strawberry Tetra for breakfast, I had the Raiders chicken pieces for lunch and I've just had a warm cup of CD golden veg flavouring. Lovely! Mmmm. I have drunk about 2.5lt of water and have been running to and from the loo endlessly today! :eek:
I've still got two packs left for today, so I'm going to have my soup when I get home about 7-ish and then I'm going to have my hot choc mint shake before bed. Yum. :) On nightshift again from tomorrow... the joys. :( Anyway, hopefully this headache means ketosis is near! I will catch up with you lovely people a bit later or tomorrow. Take care. :)

Morning all, had a really rough night last night and had to take quite a bit of meds. Weighed myself this morning and I've put on 2lbs again! WTF??? :( Can't believe it would have that much of an effect. I am still coughing quite badly this morning and my throat feels like I've swallowed razor blades. I'm on nightshift tonight, so I'm just going to have a relaxing day. Need to have a quick tidyup of the house after my hubby has been off all weekend!:sigh: Then, off to bed. :)
I'm hoping that the medication isn't going to have too much of an effect on my wi on Thursday, as I'll be gutted. Not going to weigh myself till then.
Have a good day, all. x

Hey hon.. it's not the medication at all. Your body will be retaining water as part of fighting this infection as your metabolism will be revved up somewhat. Remember that even when you are well you fluctuate by up to 5lbs a day in weight so put the scales away until you have your weekly WI

Sleep well

Hey hon.. it's not the medication at all. Your body will be retaining water as part of fighting this infection as your metabolism will be revved up somewhat. Remember that even when you are well you fluctuate by up to 5lbs a day in weight so put the scales away until you have your weekly WI

Sleep well

Thanks as always, Gg. I didn't think of that to be honest. I have put the scales firmly away, so they're not a temptation anymore. It will be nice to have a good surprise on Thursday, I think. :)

Hello everyone, hope you're well. I'm feeling a tiny bit better health-wise, although my throat is still feeling like I swallowed razor blades, and my ear is completely blocked. Damn cold!!

Well, I am at work at the moment. My manager called me in this evening when I arrived and told me that our department will be closing as of the end of April. It's come as a bit of a shock, to say the least, and I feel a bit numb at the moment. So, who knows what the end of April will hold... I am going to start keeping an eye out for other jobs within my company to see if I can maybe transfer or something like that. Who knows.
As it happens, food is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment. I just feel a bit sick, really. I've had my choc mint shake this morning before I went to bed and I've had a bit of chicken when I woke up. I've had my Strawberry Tetra a little while ago, so I'm on track with that at least. I've already drunk one cup of coffee and a litre of water.
I'll chat to you all later, I guess...

Well, following the news last night I cracked this morning and grabbed one of my daughter's packet of Smarties. :( I didn't think it had affected me,but it obviously did as I chewed all my nails overnight without noticing too.:cry:Feel a bit of a wreck at the moment, and still feeling ill. The sore throat is the worse and I can't get rid of it!

However, I have been 100% CD again since my little blip this morning and I'm determined to stick to it now. I'm not going to let this situation ruin my diet! I'm going to take each day as it comes from now on.
Anyway, sorry for rambling, but thanks for reading. Hope you're all well. I'm really looking forward to my 4 days off starting tomorrow. Chat soon. xx:)

Well I made it through the night (well, almost - there is still an hour and a half to go!) and I'm very tired now. I will be very glad to get into my lovely warm bed.:D Since I woke up yesterday I've had a Banana shake, three cups of coffee and two and a bit litres of water. I've also had a small piece of chicken breast for "lunch" as I needed to take my meds. I might have a choc mint shake before I go to bed, but I'll see how tired I am when I get home. Roll on 6am! :)
Hope you all have a very good CD day. I'll try and check in later today, or at least tomorrow. x

Well done! Xxxx

aw tess, hope you find a good job and cant believe you are sticking to cd through it all. SO proud of you!

Tess you are doing so well you are a real inspiration!!

leeds123 said:
aw tess, hope you find a good job and cant believe you are sticking to cd through it all. SO proud of you!

Thanx Hon, that means a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Goreygirl said:
Tess you are doing so well you are a real inspiration!!

Aww, thanx Gg, you're making me blush!

Hi everyone, just an update on my day really. I went straight to bed after dropping my daughter at her childminder and slept straight through till 1:30pm! However, I woke up feeling so ill and my throat so raw that I couldn't eat or drink anything. I went to the doc and I have throat and chest infection. Just what I needed. I was also given lozenges for my throat - not the usual Strepsils, but prescription ones along with the antibiotics. I have just managed to nibble my way through a grilled chicken breast, which my lovely hubby made. I can honestly say I don't know what the scales are going to say in the morning, but I will be happy with any loss, to be honest. Anyway, off to bed now. G'nite lovely people.x

G'morning all, hope you're well. I'm feeling a bit better this morning and I'm dosed up with all my meds.
I went to see my CDC at 9am and I've lost 5.5lbs!!! :D I'm soo pleased, but my CDC wasn't that impressed because I told her I haven't been able to eat much and I still had 10 packs left from last week. :eek: I'm having a duvet today and my daughter and I are just going to watch movies and stay warm. Hopefully we can shift this thing soon.
Have a great day, all. x

Back