Tess' Cambridge Diet Journey

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tessieg1, 17 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save, then 5:2 Diet
    Hello, I'm quite new to this site, but I've read so many inspirational stories that I've decided to write a thread too.
    I've been overweight so long that I don't know what it feels like to be a "normal" weight anymore. After I had my little girl (now 2years old) I put on almost 3 stone! Yeah, disgusting I know. I confess to comfort and boredom eating, plus I'm in a very stressful job, which doesn't help.
    Anyway I started my WW journey in November, but found it really tough. I kept losing a pound, then putting it on again and I got soooo frustrated.
    My hubby actually told me about CD. He ran into a guy that he knew who's lost 10st so far on the diet. There and then I decided that enough is enough! I am GOING to lose weight and I'm determined that this will be the last diet I go on.
    So, here I am. It's been a really tough few weeks, and I've managed to stick to the diet mostly. I have had a few blips, but I'm working on it.
    Sorry for the long post. I look forward to making new friends and your support on my journey. I will keep this thread going with updates on my journey.
    Take care.
    Tess

MsJMC likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Susie Tuesday

Susie Tuesday Seriously???

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Sole Source
    Hi Tess, welcome to the board and looking forward to getting to know you more x

4. MsJMC

MsJMC Strong women stay slim

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Hi Tess
    Keep it as long as you like :)
    I see you've already made some head way , blips I know them to well , how are you doing ?

5. DizzyDeb

DizzyDeb On a Mission!

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(9.12%)
    Diet:
    CD - SS
    Hi Tess, welcome to the forum, and welcome to the wonderful world of CD!!

I've tried every diet under the sun and CD is the only one that works for me and satisfies my desire to lose huge amounts of weight in a short space of time.

Stick with it chick, the key is not to let the blips spoil a whole day - if you blip then just put it behind you and CD for the rest of the day - dont write off a whole day.

Good luck with your journey and remember if you are feeling lost, tempted, or just in need of some inspiration or support then log on here and everyone will look after you.

Fat-Boy-Slimmin likes this.
  6. devilishandsweet

devilishandsweet 100% all the way!

Start Weight:
    26st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(17.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Tess!

Welcome to minimins! Thank-you for sharing your story with us, I'm sure most of us can relate to what you are saying. Good luck xx

7. Cookie77

Cookie77 Needs some encouragement!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.61%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi Tess - I am hoping to start CD soon - I also put on 3 stone after having my daughter 2 years ago and am also determined! So fed up of spending ages trying to find some clothes that fit me every day! Needs to happen before winter or I will just cover up in big jumpers instead and hide it! I have stuck a big fat picture of myself in the kitchen to ward off the temptations - it does help! Good luck with it all, keep going.

8. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Fat-Boy-Slimmin On a mission

Hi Tess and welcome to the forum. :D

I've tried many diets and just never been able to stick to them. I know the diet isn't for everyone, but I find Cambridge to be the answer to my diet requirements, especially losing the weight as quickly as possible. I know it works and I know the weight loss can be maintained.

Good luck and see you around. :)

9. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    welcome to minimins hun and well done for sticking with cd i'm sure you'll reach goal soon and we're all here to help:eek:

10. leedsforever

leedsforever Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(36.19%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / Low carb
    hi tess... my little girl is nearly 2 as well :)

i gained 5 stone.... wooopah ... lol

good luck xxx

11. trisha

trisha likes to post

Diet:
    healthy eating
    hi Tess, welcome

12. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Hello all, thanks so much for making me feel so welcome. Sorry I haven't posted before now, but I've been working crazy shifts since I was last on the boards. Hope you're all doing well. I had WI yesterday and in total I have now lost 11lbs with Cambridge. I feel so positive at the moment. I even turned down a takeaway that my work colleagues ordered tonight! LOL. Hope to hear from you all soon. :)

13. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Nice to know I'm not the only one up late!! :D

It's good to hear you have done great so far. Well done for turning down the takeaway, I bet that wasn't easy.

Keep up the great work. :)

14. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Haha, thanks FBS. You are doing so well. I am working nightshift tonight, and finishing at 6am. Why are you awake so late? :)

15. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

Just things on my mind. I thought if I stayed up a bit longer I might drain myself enough to sleep well tonight. :)

16. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Welcome Tess and well done on your losses!

17. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Hi FBS, hope you managed to get some sleep! I'm on my last nightshift tonight and I am definitely looking forward to having tomorrow off! Doing overtime on Thursday again, though.

I've really struggled today and I fell off the wagon a bit. :break_diet: Really trying to get out of this habit of emotional eating and I'm so mad at myself at the moment. :mad: I am determined that from right now I am going to be very strict with myself and stick to CD 100%! I only have 3 more pounds to lose till I go down another weight bracket, and I can't wait!!! :D
    Thank you all for being so lovely and supportive. I really appreciate it. This is the first time I'm convinced that I won't fail! Hope to hear from you all soon. :)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Fat-Boy-Slimmin

I did thanks. :)

Sorry to hear you've had a blip. It sounds like you've learnt from it and are now ready to move on though. Good luck, you can do it. :D

20. Tessieg1

Tessieg1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st9lb(-3.9%)
    Diet:
    Hiya, thanks so much for all your support. I really appreciate it. Glad you managed to get some sleep. I've just had my chocolate chewy bar (yum!), but I am feeling a bit sleepy right now. Only 5 more hours to go! Hope you sleep well. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.