Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Hi Sheila, I hope your feeling better . Your food diary looks fab . Just curious, what's Taybarns ?

Kay xx

Just checked out the link, that looks yummy Sheila. I don't think they have one in London . I fancy Chinese tommorow not sure what's syn friendly ? I've had an ok week so can go over a little on syns. Are you planning something nice for tommorow foodwise ?

Kay xx

Just checked out the link, that looks yummy Sheila. I don't think they have one in London . I fancy Chinese tommorow not sure what's syn friendly ? I've had an ok week so can go over a little on syns. Are you planning something nice for tommorow foodwise ?

Kay xx

There isnt one in London Kay unfortunately hun -

Chinese : hot and sour soup at only 5 Syns per serving!
160g serving of spare ribs (about 4 ribs) for 8½ Syns on Extra Easy or Original, or for just 4½ Syns* enjoy beef with mushrooms. There are chicken dishes galore with chicken in oyster sauce at 4½ Syns*, chicken and black bean sauce(5 Syns*) chicken and mushrooms (5½ Syns*). If you fancy rice with your dishes, 100g (about a medium portion) of boiled rice is only 6½ Syns on Original and Free on Extra Easy!

Green options. A serving of chicken chop suey with noodles is a fab 5½ Syns* on Green or Extra Easy, while chicken chow mein is 7 Syns*. For a veggie option, stir-fried mixed vegetables are a sound 6½ Syns

These are per average takeaway serving!!

Oh wow thanks so much for the list ! So many choices ! Yummy. Hope you have a fab weekend Sheila !

Kay xx

Your welcome hun I hope you enjoy. Im looking forward to relaxing and a lie in. Im off to the meat wholesalers tomorrow so will have loads of choice in the freezer. They do fruit n veg etc too so will stock up, they have a lovely deli counter with fresh meats and cheese too yummy x

Hi Sian im good thanks how are you feeling now hun?

Ive been to the meat wholesalers this morning - spent £133 but got loads of meat, fruit and veg. I will only have to buy fresh stuff for the rest of the month now ie bread milk more fruit n veg, and cooked meats for the lads packed lunches :D

My freezer is chocka now lol - Gammon steaks, gammon joint, rump steak, frying steak, chicken breasts(£22 for 22 massive boobies), chicken breast in garlic butter, sausages beef and chorizo, lamb chops, lamb steaks, pork chops, topside beef joint, beef mince, I also got broccoli, a big bag of potatoes, pointed peppers, melon, grapes, strawberries, bananas, carrots, cheddar with garlic, wensleydale with apricots, plums, apples, I think thats all lol.

DSC_1003.JPGDSC_1004.JPG

Hi Sheila
Good to catch up with you again on minis! How are you doing....I am still hovering at 12:0 but hoping for a 1lbs loss tomorrow morning! Just going to be very good today!!!! Says me sitting with a glass of red wine waiting for my SW quiche to come out of the oven!!!! I am freaked out at work so a lot of comfort eating going on! I see you are on new meds for your back...are they good? Amazed at your shop for the month!...My freezer is full ....full of stuff that no one wants to eat gathered from the last 2 years....time for a chuck out I think! Fingers crossed that I get into the 11s tomorrow!

Hi Sheila
Good to catch up with you again on minis! How are you doing....I am still hovering at 12:0 but hoping for a 1lbs loss tomorrow morning! Just going to be very good today!!!! Says me sitting with a glass of red wine waiting for my SW quiche to come out of the oven!!!! I am freaked out at work so a lot of comfort eating going on! I see you are on new meds for your back...are they good? Amazed at your shop for the month!...My freezer is full ....full of stuff that no one wants to eat gathered from the last 2 years....time for a chuck out I think! Fingers crossed that I get into the 11s tomorrow!

Hi hun glad to see you too. I hope your well? Awww I hope you get that 1 off tomorrow ill be sending positive vibes for you. Im not a fan of red wine yuk, now rose is different lol. The meds are really helping with the pain but are making me veryyyyyyy sleepy, I could actually nod off now :-(

I like to go to the wholesalers now and again, it means I dont have to worry about meats to make meals with for the month, just need to decide what to make with them hehe. My freezer has stuff in it too that no one will ever eat/use, I should have a clear out really.

I hope the quiche isnt burnt if your on the vino lol, whats happening at work to freak you out hun? x

SW Quiche was delish! Your recipe!!!! Do you ever fry the mushrooms first? My quiche was very watery....I think it was the mushrooms. Only 200ml red wine for lunch MEASURED!!!!
Going to a concert tonight so will be easy not to drink....so sad to miss Strictly and x-Factor....but I have to go! A friend is conducting and needs me to support him...I am trying to come up with excuses though!...Would be so nice to sit in front of the fire and telly tonight!. I am a music teacher so Christmas time is really hectic....taking two groups to Day Care centres this week to sing carols, rehearsing for nativities, training choirs for our Carol Service, writing reports, editing other people's reports, conducted an orchestral concert last night, hosted a brass instrument demo and accompanied a soloist yesterday morning.....and so it goes.....too much info ...too much wine! Busy beating my husband at scrabble as we speak!!!!

You are never going to ask again!!!!! Woosh it just all came out!

SW Quiche was delish! Your recipe!!!! Do you ever fry the mushrooms first? My quiche was very watery....I think it was the mushrooms. Only 200ml red wine for lunch MEASURED!!!!
Going to a concert tonight so will be easy not to drink....so sad to miss Strictly and x-Factor....but I have to go! A friend is conducting and needs me to support him...I am trying to come up with excuses though!...Would be so nice to sit in front of the fire and telly tonight!. I am a music teacher so Christmas time is really hectic....taking two groups to Day Care centres this week to sing carols, rehearsing for nativities, training choirs for our Carol Service, writing reports, editing other people's reports, conducted an orchestral concert last night, hosted a brass instrument demo and accompanied a soloist yesterday morning.....and so it goes.....too much info ...too much wine! Busy beating my husband at scrabble as we speak!!!!

Haha of course i will ask again - Aww can you not record strictly and x factor? or catch up with them tomorrow or online?

I can well imagine how hectic this time of year gets for you, I dont envy you!! It sounds like your gonna have your hands full right up to the holidays hun.
Did you beat hubby at scrabble? haha were the best us women.

No i never pre cook the mushrooms or onions but there would be no harm doing it, sometimes it could be the water from the onions I think. Im glad you enjoyed it and well done measuring out your wine, thats real willpower :D xx

Back