Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Make sure you rest after group tonight hun.. You need to look after you remember! Light some candles and have a nice soak in the bath.
Hope all is ok with Andrea hun xx

Just finished tea hun - Ill watch soaps on catch up then jump in the bath! Im aching all over.

Andrea is anaemic and has mastitis - she cant stop crying :-( Shes so low bless her I feel heartly sorry for her x

Oh god, poor Andrea. It's so painful, I suffered badly with that many years ago with my first. Hope the ABs kick in quickly. Best thing I found was get under the shower and hold it on each breast, hot (but not too hot, obviously) and in between, hot flannels if I couldn't get in the shower.

Poor you too, with your back, you need rest too! Don't worry about weigh in, last thing you need to be stressing over atm. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

I had it after my son too hun its nasty! I can remember my mam having to feed him cos I couldnt bare to hold him for the pain. Shes got amoxycillin and some more iron tablets. Her levels are really low according to the doc.

Ive told her to have a hot bath and lay the flannels over her - it will produce/stimulate more milk but will help clear the blocked ducts.

My back is really aching tonight -hot bath here I come :D xx

Sheila, I just posted on the quarterly challenge thread about collating losses/gains for Kay to just add to spreadsheet. Would that help do you think?

Ive not looked yet hun but I think she'd be over the moon - great idea thank you xx

Evening just a flying visit ,
Hope your ok Hun, hope Andrea soon feels better , my sis gets that says it's very painful , xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening chick - hope your feeling better today?

Im fine thanks a little achey :-( Hot bath is calling with lots of bubbles yayyyy x

I had it after my son too hun its nasty! I can remember my mam having to feed him cos I couldnt bare to hold him for the pain. Shes got amoxycillin and some more iron tablets. Her levels are really low according to the doc.

Ive told her to have a hot bath and lay the flannels over her - it will produce/stimulate more milk but will help clear the blocked ducts.

My back is really aching tonight -hot bath here I come :D xx

Glad she's seen the doc and just hope relief starts soon. I remember it being awful in bed, I couldn't bear even a sheet touching me! I don't know if you can still get them but my midwife lent me some breast shells, like an opaque plastic... hmm how to describe it, like a ring doughnut on one side lol, that you put inside your bra and it let enough milk out without anything pressing on the nipple. Sounds weird but was so good, you just had to remember not to bend right over, or the milk tipped out. It was also a bit of a knack emptying it, basically you had to stand with your boob over the sink lol, lean forward and pull it off. Gosh memories and not particularly pleasant ones! Poor Andrea. :(

Glad she's seen the doc and just hope relief starts soon. I remember it being awful in bed, I couldn't bear even a sheet touching me! I don't know if you can still get them but my midwife lent me some breast shells, like an opaque plastic... hmm how to describe it, like a ring doughnut on one side lol, that you put inside your bra and it let enough milk out without anything pressing on the nipple. Sounds weird but was so good, you just had to remember not to bend right over, or the milk tipped out. It was also a bit of a knack emptying it, basically you had to stand with your boob over the sink lol, lean forward and pull it off. Gosh memories and not particularly pleasant ones! Poor Andrea. :(

I even suggested now might be the time to stop breast feeding but she doesnt want to do that yet. I know what you mean about the sheets touching - I felt sorry for my mam bless her cos every time he was due a feed I had to wake her up. I remember my boobs were so engorged I couldnt put my arms down by my sides eeeek - OH thought his birthdays and Xmases had all come at once I couldnt get a bra to fit so had to fasten 2 towelling nappies together with pins lol not a good look x

I even suggested now might be the time to stop breast feeding but she doesnt want to do that yet. I know what you mean about the sheets touching - I felt sorry for my mam bless her cos every time he was due a feed I had to wake her up. I remember my boobs were so engorged I couldnt put my arms down by my sides eeeek - OH thought his birthdays and Xmases had all come at once I couldnt get a bra to fit so had to fasten 2 towelling nappies together with pins lol not a good look x

I think I managed to 'extend my bra at the back with a nappy pin enough to get it on but it was uncomfortable to say the least! Had to sleep laying on a triple thickness bath sheet too with a waterproof thing underneath.
I never really got on with expressing, so had to try and keep feeding but only after doing the hot flannels and shell part. Even then I remember literally gritting my teeth when she first latched on. oooh owww. :eek:

The good thing is, these days the antibiotics should start working really quickly and by tomorrow she should feel a little better. x

I hope Andrea gets better soon... She isn't having the best of times at the moment poor girl... Sending hugs to you too because I know you will worry... xx

Just finished tea hun - Ill watch soaps on catch up then jump in the bath! Im aching all over.

Andrea is anaemic and has mastitis - she cant stop crying :-( Shes so low bless her I feel heartly sorry for her x

Oh poor Andrea and you with your back - ur both having a tough time of it - hope you both recover quickly - take care xx

Ah sorry to hear that Andrea and you are suffering. Hope it gets better for both of you x

I think I managed to 'extend my bra at the back with a nappy pin enough to get it on but it was uncomfortable to say the least! Had to sleep laying on a triple thickness bath sheet too with a waterproof thing underneath. I never really got on with expressing, so had to try and keep feeding but only after doing the hot flannels and shell part. Even then I remember literally gritting my teeth when she first latched on. oooh owww. :eek: The good thing is, these days the antibiotics should start working really quickly and by tomorrow she should feel a little better. x

I told her to get some cabbage leaves to put in her bra after a text from Kathryn yesterday. She got some last night and put them in. It's a cooling agent apparently. So along with that, the hot water and flannels and the antibiotics she shoo if start to feel better soon I hope.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone x

Back