Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Oh dear, things are just not getting better quickly for your family. :sigh: Its no wonder you feel exhausted!
We've been through a similar time a few years back with eldest daughter and in-laws so have great admiration for you as you're working full time as well! You really HAVE to get as much rest as you can lovely, or you're going to end up ill too. :(

They sure don't hun :cry: I just keep plodding on! Its really hard when you feel you need to be there for everyone else and dont give time to yourself. Andrea told me off for stressing about sis as her family arent doing anything to help her! Im just me and she is my flesh and blood I cant help but worry. She is all I have left of 'my' family after losing my parents and my older sister.

If we dont have Jackson this weekend I intend lying in bed until as late as poss on Saturday. Might even ask for brekkie in bed :) x

They sure don't hun :cry: I just keep plodding on! Its really hard when you feel you need to be there for everyone else and dont give time to yourself. Andrea told me off for stressing about sis as her family arent doing anything to help her! Im just me and she is my flesh and blood I cant help but worry. She is all I have left of 'my' family after losing my parents and my older sister.

If we dont have Jackson this weekend I intend lying in bed until as late as poss on Saturday. Might even ask for brekkie in bed :) x

Oh I fully understand Sheila, I can't leave go if someone in the family is ill or needs help in any way either, even if I end up practically on my knees (or not, in my case, as my knees would be too painful!). We just grin and bear it but suffer over time, so you do have to MAKE yourself leave anything that you possibly can.
You should have a serious word with your sisters family as they do need to be helping out too, its not fair to let you be the one taking the biggest share of worrying, let alone practical stuff.
Sounds like your sis is not going to take the changes easily which doesn't help much but she does need to accept that, in the short term at least, things DO have to change, if she wants to get better.

Even if you do have Jackson, you should stay in bed late, just have him on the bed for cuddles and playtime and still ask for breakfast in bed! Let other's wait on you for a change, you do enough running around after them. Not saying they don't appreciate it but knowing what you're like, they probably don't appreciate it *enough* and reciprocate in ways that give you some rest. Just take it easy when you can hunni. xxx

Oh I fully understand Sheila, I can't leave go if someone in the family is ill or needs help in any way either, even if I end up practically on my knees (or not, in my case, as my knees would be too painful!). We just grin and bear it but suffer over time, so you do have to MAKE yourself leave anything that you possibly can.
You should have a serious word with your sisters family as they do need to be helping out too, its not fair to let you be the one taking the biggest share of worrying, let alone practical stuff.
Sounds like your sis is not going to take the changes easily which doesn't help much but she does need to accept that, in the short term at least, things DO have to change, if she wants to get better.

Even if you do have Jackson, you should stay in bed late, just have him on the bed for cuddles and playtime and still ask for breakfast in bed! Let other's wait on you for a change, you do enough running around after them. Not saying they don't appreciate it but knowing what you're like, they probably don't appreciate it *enough* and reciprocate in ways that give you some rest. Just take it easy when you can hunni. xxx

Couldnt have put it better myself hun - its so flaming hard to say NO. Her daughter had a child minder and I still dont know why she stopped it ( possibly money) but she still expects sis having her 3 yr old on a Friday from lunch time until Saturday lunchtime. If she takes ill or collapses the poor mite wont know what to do. It pi$$es me off, her son and future daughter in law dont work so they could be there every day!! Her hubby works but as long as he gets a hot meal at tea time he doesnt care about the state of the house etc. GRRRRRRR and double GRRRR.

I have to say my OH does loads in the house for me regarding housework washing etc, probably more than I do. Son does all his own ironing and strips and makes his own bed. So I cant really complain there. On a weekend hubby has all the kitchen and living room cleaned top to bottom and washing in even before I get up lol x

Ok foodage - my day started off well but went downhill at teatime!! I need my @rse kicking im really struggling.

Brekki - Fruit n fibre

Dinner - leftover kofte curry and boiled rice

Tea - chicken kebab (large), 2 pitta breads and a pot of garlic sauce - WTFFFF theres 15.5 in the kebab alone thats without the bread and sauce.

Snacks - SB cake, pineapple, grapes, pomegranate seeds, vanilla mullerlight

Drinks - Tea, pepsi max

Fed up that I cant seem to get back into the plan 100% - Im not normally so tempted by rubbish!

OMG re your sisters family, that is shocking! Especially in regard to her being expected to look after the three year old. As you say if she was taken ill, I don't want to think what might happen and even if she can 'cope' she shouldn't have to! She needs rest and looking after herself!
I'm sure you don't really want a showdown but it seems like it might be a neccessary thing :mad:
The two men in your household are pulling their weight then, sorry, I didn't mean to sound like they weren't.... just in general you need to accept any help you can get. Mind you, I wish they'd come and give my other half lessons! He does do a lot but not in the housework way, apart from occasionally pushing the hoover half-heartedly around the furniture (and I mean around, not under, or moving anything lol). I'm not really complaining though as I don't go out to work now, so happy to do most in the house, though it is nice if its acknowledged now and then!

I hope things do start to pan out and get back to 'normal' for you and your family soon. Glad you've got the stay with Kathryn and the Chester meet coming up as something just for you! :)

Ok foodage - my day started off well but went downhill at teatime!! I need my @rse kicking im really struggling.

Brekki - Fruit n fibre

Tea - chicken kebab (large), 2 pitta breads and a pot of garlic sauce - WTFFFF theres 15.5 in the kebab alone thats without the bread and sauce.

Drinks - Tea, pepsi max

Fed up that I cant seem to get back into the plan 100% - Im not normally so tempted by rubbish!

Obviously your body is crying out for comfort food.... not surprising with all the stress you're having. Its not actually THAT bad, no idea what syns the garlic sauce would be but there are worse things you could have guzzled, I'm sure. The rest of your day was healthy stuff, which is good as you need the good food to keep you topped up on vitamins, etc to keep YOU healthy!
Reckon you need some big hugs yourself hun. xx

OMG re your sisters family, that is shocking! Especially in regard to her being expected to look after the three year old. As you say if she was taken ill, I don't want to think what might happen and even if she can 'cope' she shouldn't have to! She needs rest and looking after herself!
I'm sure you don't really want a showdown but it seems like it might be a neccessary thing :mad:
The two men in your household are pulling their weight then, sorry, I didn't mean to sound like they weren't.... just in general you need to accept any help you can get. Mind you, I wish they'd come and give my other half lessons! He does do a lot but not in the housework way, apart from occasionally pushing the hoover half-heartedly around the furniture (and I mean around, not under, or moving anything lol). I'm not really complaining though as I don't go out to work now, so happy to do most in the house, though it is nice if its acknowledged now and then!

I hope things do start to pan out and get back to 'normal' for you and your family soon. Glad you've got the stay with Kathryn and the Chester meet coming up as something just for you! :)

No need to apologise hun - I know there was nothing meant in your post. I moan but I could do a lot worse lol. I told hubby from day one we share as we both work full time and its only fair, I do 99.9% of the cooking.

Knowing my sis if I had a showdown she would still take sides with them as theyre her family and she wont have anything said against them!! she is so bloody stubborn ffs.

Im really looking forward to my weekend away at Kathryns and meeting the girls. It will be great. Lots of laughs and lovely foodage :D xx

Obviously your body is crying out for comfort food.... not surprising with all the stress you're having. Its not actually THAT bad, no idea what syns the garlic sauce would be but there are worse things you could have guzzled, I'm sure. The rest of your day was healthy stuff, which is good as you need the good food to keep you topped up on vitamins, etc to keep YOU healthy!
Reckon you need some big hugs yourself hun. xx

Im certainly crying out for something hun - its like im reverting to my old ways and not caring :cry: the garlic sauce is probably high too but its done now and I cant change it. I have up to Weds to try and sort myself and 2 weeks to the meet - I can get back on it before then right? I bloody better lol I cant be going backwards and lose all ive worked for.

I just need to plan plan plan like I usually do. One day at a time. im having fish tomorrow night - its brain food so might give me a kick lol. x

Brekki - Fruit n fibre

Drinks - Tea, pepsi max

Come on now - after all u've been thro it's a wonder ur not washing every meal down with a bottle of the hard stuff - I agree with the other Linda - ur body's craving all of this - u'll sort it soon - take care of you xx

She is hun and she is finding motherhood hard at the mo. Not cos of Jackson but because she feels so unwell she feels she can't enjoy it cos she just wants to get better so she can be a good mummy. I told her she is and Jackson isn't suffering because of it so not to worry x

Ah I'm glad you enjoyed it chick I made it for taster in group last night as well as for our tea when I got In lol x

I really feel for Andrea - it's hard enough being a new Mum without going thro all those health problems - it's early days for her I know and she's young and will recover soon. But I can (just about) remember trying to be the perfect new Mum myself!!

Come on now - after all u've been thro it's a wonder ur not washing every meal down with a bottle of the hard stuff - I agree with the other Linda - ur body's craving all of this - u'll sort it soon - take care of you xx

Thanks chick - Ive thought about it lol. Ive got meals planned for the next couple of days so I should be ok ( fingers crossed). You can take turns kicking my bum at the meet lol xx

I really feel for Andrea - it's hard enough being a new Mum without going thro all those health problems - it's early days for her I know and she's young and will recover soon. But I can (just about) remember trying to be the perfect new Mum myself!!

Definitely hun - shes a worrier like her mam lol. She stresses about the least little thing, the good thing is she is digging her heels in and persevering with the expressing and giving her milk. She has proved to be tougher than we give her credit for bless her.

I asked her earlier if Jackson would like to stay at nanna and grandads house this weekend lol she said probably but I dont know if I can part with him for one night every week - she is so wrapped up in the little fella ( mind you I cant blame her lol) xx

Aaah - u must be very proud of her and u shd be proud of u too xx

Aaah - u must be very proud of her and u shd be proud of u too xx

I am hun shes a little fighter. I'll be ok when I know she is :D then I may have a celebration drink. Ive not had one to toast Jackson yet with all thats gone on. I want us all to get together and have a family toast x

Back