Texty's Back - Plain and Simple

Aww it will take time to get over the shock x

I was quite forward last night - I text the girl to wish her well and a speedy recovery. I also broached the subject of me losing out on £100 on my insurance excess to repair the windscreen - I thought well I can only ask. She asked for my details and transferred the money within minutes!!! So at least im not out of pocket. She apologised again and said she will now wear protective headgear!

I think anyone would have been shaken up after that, so don't think it's just you being a worry wart.
It was worth mentioning, as it really wasn't your fault at all and glad she paid up so quickly. I expect she felt dreadful for you too.
At least she's said she'll now wear a cycle helmet and I'm sure she'll be a more careful cyclist in the future.
Hope tonight is a better night xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

HEXA - 30g cheddar
HEXB - Wholemeal Roll

Brekki - Grapes, banana,SB cake, raisins, WW dessert syn free yogurt

Dinner - Jacket potato, tuna/mayo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion

Tea - Curried lamb burgers, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onions, cucumber, tomato, yogurt cucumber and mint dip

Drinks - Ribena NAS, pepsi max

Snacks - satsuma, pomegranate seeds

Syns - SB cake (1.5) Mayo (2) Lamb (4) raisins (2) wholemeal roll (6) Total 15.5

Edit - forgot the 2nd roll so gonna do without the mikados and hot choc arghhhh

Last edited:
I think anyone would have been shaken up after that, so don't think it's just you being a worry wart.
It was worth mentioning, as it really wasn't your fault at all and glad she paid up so quickly. I expect she felt dreadful for you too.
At least she's said she'll now wear a cycle helmet and I'm sure she'll be a more careful cyclist in the future.
Hope tonight is a better night xxx

Hi hun - I felt bad asking but I cant afford to be £100 out of pocket through no fault of my own. She was fine about it and the money was in my bank in seconds. I did thank her and tell her it was appreciated.

Im hoping as the days pass ill be able to sleep easier. Last night allsorts ran through my mind - I lay thinking how bad it could have been for her, what would have happened had I had Jackson in the car, why didnt my airbag open ......... silly things really but I need to stop overthinking!!

I have Jackson at the weekend to take my mind off things whoop. Im having my hair done at 9, Andrea is having hers done at 11, so as im coming out she will be coming in lol. Baby swap over hehe. xx

Ooh baby swap I like the sound of that, I'm so glad the cyclist has been lovely and in fact that £100 is nothing compared to what could've been she's a very lucky lady. Now she'll make sure she wears a helmet, gets lights for her bike when cycling in the dark and maybe some high vis jacket / vest to wear, she'll be super safe now and pay more attention from now on.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Ooh baby swap I like the sound of that, I'm so glad the cyclist has been lovely and in fact that £100 is nothing compared to what could've been she's a very lucky lady. Now she'll make sure she wears a helmet, gets lights for her bike when cycling in the dark and maybe some high vis jacket / vest to wear, she'll be super safe now and pay more attention from now on.

Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I think its given her a rude awakening hun - she said headgear is her priority and rightly so! She is 1 lucky lady.

Baby swap sounds perfection hehe xx

HEXA - 30g cheddar
HEXB - Wholemeal Roll

Brekki - Grapes, banana,SB cake, raisins, WW dessert syn free yogurt

Dinner - Jacket potato, tuna/mayo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion

Tea - Curried lamb burgers, beetroot, gherkins, pickled onions, cucumber, tomato, yogurt cucumber and mint dip

Drinks - Ribena NAS, pepsi max

Snacks - satsuma, pomegranate seeds

Syns - SB cake (1.5) Mayo (2) Lamb (4) raisins (2) wholemeal roll (6) Total 15.5

Edit - forgot the 2nd roll so gonna do without the mikados and hot choc arghhhh

a great day - esp good cos of Monday - well done on passing on hot choc and chocx

I agree with Cookie, £100 is nothing for what happened and the angst is has caused you, aside from the financial cost to you. Its natural to think things over after the initial shock has worn off. I don't know the answer to why the airbag didn't go off, I would have thought it should if you braked hard. If you'd had Jackson in the car, I know you'd have made sure he was perfectly safely strapped in, so as safe as he could be and he'd have been fine. You can only do so much to stop something like that happening, beyond that, you're worrying yourself needlessly. I know for us to say relax, its easier said than done but try to distract yourself with some rubbish tv or a good book or something before you try sleeping, so your mind is off it. Or just fall asleep looking at that photograph :)
Your weekend sounds perfect, hair appt then baby snuggles :eek:

Just seen your comment on being nominated for Miss Slinky again, that's terrific. :D

a great day - esp good cos of Monday - well done on passing on hot choc and chocx

Thanks lovely - I had counted them and then realised id not counted the roll arghhhh lol oh well 1 night without hot choc wont hurt!

My burgers were lovely but I think I overdid the curry powder lol oops x

Hi hun - I felt bad asking but I cant afford to be £100 out of pocket through no fault of my own. She was fine about it and the money was in my bank in seconds. I did thank her and tell her it was appreciated. xx

My mum always said, 'if you don't ask, you don't get' I don't blame you for asking. xx

I agree with Cookie, £100 is nothing for what happened and the angst is has caused you, aside from the financial cost to you. Its natural to think things over after the initial shock has worn off. I don't know the answer to why the airbag didn't go off, I would have thought it should if you braked hard. If you'd had Jackson in the car, I know you'd have made sure he was perfectly safely strapped in, so as safe as he could be and he'd have been fine. You can only do so much to stop something like that happening, beyond that, you're worrying yourself needlessly. I know for us to say relax, its easier said than done but try to distract yourself with some rubbish tv or a good book or something before you try sleeping, so your mind is off it. Or just fall asleep looking at that photograph :)
Your weekend sounds perfect, hair appt then baby snuggles :eek:

Just seen your comment on being nominated for Miss Slinky again, that's terrific. :D

Your so right hun - im a terrible worrier its a habit lol. I dont know why I was overthinking things grrr
Im going to be a devil and have my hot choccy as I do think it helps me sleep a little. I get off to sleep no problem its just staying asleep thats not happening lol.

Im going to log off and go do sons lunch for tomorrow, I think ill take fruit as its WI day ill have cereal for brekki. I got some whoopsie veg so might pop a soup in the slow cooker in the morning then its ready for after WI.

Im going to do a SB cake which will do the next 3 days brekkies after that. Thurs night might be a chicken curry done in the slow cooker I got this for 3.5syns per packet
th
ill throw loads of mushrooms and onions etc into it too for superfree! boil some rice and bobs your uncle :D x

Your so right hun - im a terrible worrier its a habit lol. I dont know why I was overthinking things grrr

I know why. You're a born fixer, so you have a need to work things through, find out the reasons or the answers and in this case, you can't, so its going round in your mind. I'm the same and we do need to accept that sometimes, we just can't have answers for everything.

Good idea re your hot choc and great planning for tomorrow. Love the 'whoopsie' veg comment but you're going to put them to good use. Credit to you hun.
Sleep well xxx

I know why. You're a born fixer, so you have a need to work things through, find out the reasons or the answers and in this case, you can't, so its going round in your mind. I'm the same and we do need to accept that sometimes, we just can't have answers for everything. Good idea re your hot choc and great planning for tomorrow. Love the 'whoopsie' veg comment but you're going to put them to good use. Credit to you hun. Sleep well xxx

Your a gem Mrs!! Were like peas in a pod lol

Lunches done and hot choc in cup night hunni sleep tight xx

TEXTY IS ON TARGET

Your a gem Mrs!! Were like peas in a pod lol

Lunches done and hot choc in cup night hunni sleep tight xx

Hehe, yes, after my piggy eating fest, I'm the fat pea in the middle and looking green.
Hope you slept like a baby (but didnt wake up with a soggy bum!) :D

Back