That dammed Plateau

I'm sure I had heard of people changing their exercise a little to get past this.

What exercise are you doing? Is it the same thing all the time. Sometimes your body just gets used to it and needs to be a little more challenged to burn more calories.

Also RE calorie intake. You need to adjust your calorie allowance as you lose weight. It sounded to me as though you weren't getting enoug calories.

Good Luck!

I'm doing a 40 minute workout with dumbbells (7.5kg each). I'm not following a diet specific routine, but the dumbbells came with a list of different workout maneuvers to tackle each of the major parts of the body, which is what I'm using.

I started on Thursday, and I'm planning on doing 4 - 5 days a week. No idea how long it'll take to make any effect.

The calories have been upped, and on sunday I'll drop them down to somewhere between 1300 and 1500. I really hope it starts to take effect.

hi hope it goes well, make sure you have three meals a day and dont give up im sure i will shift sooner or later.

I'm sort of in between 14st 3/4lbs, so I suppose thats a loss. Though this has been an alcohol strong week (first main week back at uni) so that may be adding slightly to the calories.

I'm hoping that come Monday, my metabolism will have increased so when I drop the calories back down I should start losing weight again.

Hmm alcohol is sooo not good when you're trying to lose weight. White spirits are the best... what is it that you tend to drink? I'm sure you know but beer, wine, cider and bottled drinks are all very high in calories and even one major night on the town if you're on those typesof drinks, say with 8 drinks, would be enough to take you over your daily target of calories!! Please be careful :) just make wise choices.

On the plus side, good to hear you may be in for a loss this week.

xxx

PS I have to say, for your age and height I'm pretty sure that it would be worth STICKING to 1700 cals and not dropping back down... you don't have much to lose and your recent plateau may well be because your body wasn't getting everything it needed in the calories you were consuming. Take a look at your BMR - you should be consuming no lower than this amount in cals per day to stay healthy. This advice comes from my GP btw as it's what he advised me when I was cal counting and trying to work out how many to have a day!

xxx

Thanks again!

I'm going to experiment a bit with it, I'll try a week at about 1400-1500 just to see if that props anything up, if not I'll go back to 1700. I've tried to keep everything as healthy as I can with these calories, pro-biotic yogurt, lots of fruit, wholegrain pasta, tuna etc, so hopefully the body will be getting at least something decent out of it.

As the drinks go, I'm unfortunately a whisky and wine person - though I have limited it as much as I can.

I hate plateau's! I always get depressed about mine and binge eat. I always think "well im eating all this diet food for nothing". Next time I get a plateau im going to try and work through it this time....

I hate plateau's! I always get depressed about mine and binge eat. I always think "well im eating all this diet food for nothing". Next time I get a plateau im going to try and work through it this time....

Stick with it. I've nocked my diet back down to about 1200-1400 (varies each day) after the week of high calories I had, and now I'm finally moving again. Hit 14st this morning, hoping to possibly hit 13st 13lbs tomorow or by Monday.

Thanks for the helps folks, really appreciated!

Stick with it. I've nocked my diet back down to about 1200-1400 (varies each day) after the week of high calories I had, and now I'm finally moving again. Hit 14st this morning, hoping to possibly hit 13st 13lbs tomorow or by Monday.

Thats great news! Well done x

Back