That's it no more EE days!!!

Williams

I started s/world in jan 2012 I'd lost 2 stone 7.5 lb and by Christmas I was 11 stone my lightest in a long time!
I started a new job in jan this year and slowly 9.5 lb has crept on I've still been going to class just can't lose any more weight! I'm feeling really bloated coz of the carbs I'm eating, also my portions are still on the large size, just wondered if any one prefers red days and do u have smaller portions? I struggle at lunch times at the mo coz I only get a 10 min break and never no what to prepare so its always pasta.... ??

I really struggle with my losses if i stick to EE.five months on sw and i find myself doing 4/5 days on the red plan and the rest EE. I also 'practice' portion control, i cant eat pasta or rice until im 'satisfied', because i would be eating WAY too much.
Do throw in a few red days and see the difference, good luck x

Thanks for reply been sat trying to do a red day menu for tmw what do u think?
Breakfast: mushroom omelette
Snack : banana
Lunch: hxb bread with hxa cheese salad, yoghurt and apple
Dinner: salmon fillet with hxb new potatoes and salad
Hxa milk for teas throughout the day

I'm the same - but not going to write them off completely. I'm going to do a mix of mainly red and green, and maximum 2 days a week EE. They're def handy when eating out, or for roast dinner on Sunday, or stir fry veg with both meat AND noodles. I'm hoping that the 'everything in moderation' thing will pay off.

I think I just get a bit too lax about sticking to plan on EE. Hopefully I'll feel more inclined to keep my eye on the ball when mixing up the days.

Good luck :)

Your right lucky 7, it is easy to become lax on EE, it may sound daft but it feels almost like a treat when i do EE!
TBH before sw my diet was pretty much the same as what i eat now so i knew i wouldnt have dramatic weight losses,.its took me 5 months to lose a stone, i had sts for ages, then i started doing mainly red and thats given me a kickstart xx

I do EE but limit my carbs so I have a few carbless meals a week and when I do have carbs I have a small portion. I think this eat pasta till your full mantra certainly wouldnt work for me

I have just posted exactly the same on the SW at home thread. I am just trying to work out my meal plan for the next wee while on Red as well.

Pasta. If you're anything like me thats your problem. Everytime i eat it i get a gain, I still do EE days but with red days mixed in and i've been far better, i can seem to have any other carbs, rice, potatoes..but not pasta. If you don't want to always do red days, try just losing the pasta from EE days and have something else instead

Thank you for your replies day 1 on red day went ok, and I'm not hungry or bloated! Lets hope I stay on track and have a fab loss on tues

funny you posting this because I have been doing two green breakfast and lunch and then ee for dinner. I have lost a pound in the last two days. I think I may try to do mix and match and do some green and some red meals each day having the carbs earlier on in the day.

with me its when I have a meat and veg and potato together....I lose when I eat pasta...we are all different and it's hard to find what suits you

I actually think I am eating more super free food at meal time with sticking to red days than EE (one of my concerns with EE was that I was not eating enough during meals and relying on fruit as snacks to balance it out). I think with doing Red I am adding more veg to my plate so I am not just eating "meat".

Back