The 100lbs weight loss journey SS

Count me in for that 30 day challenge!

hi Lilypotter, as long as you're back on track then it's great, let's keep it to it, hope you're up for the 30 day challenge as well!

Hi Desoeratetobethin,
Sorry to hear that, but how about we set up a 30 day challenge starting from today to see how much you can lose by September 10th. You've been doing so well thus far, jump back on and remain focused, you can do this, just remember why you're doing it and come here when you have cravings etc

That's a great idea, I'm defo up for that, I'm back on track and focused again today, how are you getting on ?

X

This 30 Day challange sounds great. what was the start Date? xxx

Hi Desperatetobethin, I alright at the moment, trying to enjoy most of the summer, I've been going to the theatre and some events. The summer is proving quite testing when people keep on inviting me to barbecues and events that are food orientated. Though saying that, I've found it easier and easier to say no. I'll tell you what really got me though, I watched "70 stone man" on channel 5, which was food for thought ( pun intended), really got me thinking that we are doing the right thing by addressing it now, before it's too late. Did anyone else watch it, I recommend it, especially if you're low on morale.

Hi HG2014,
We started yesterday so feel free to join, goes until the September 10th, let's make a conscious effort to stay clean and lose as much as we can by following it program 100%.

Hi HG2014,
We started yesterday so feel free to join, goes until the September 10th, let's make a conscious effort to stay clean and lose as much as we can by following it program 100%.

Im definately up for this :) let's do this!!!! Xx

I would love to join in with the challenge I started CD yesterday so will keep me motivated. Just read through the diary you are all doing fantastically well. Good to have support to stay on track. Been watching those youtube video's ....so bloody amazing!

Lily I am also starting after pregnancy kept it off for 3 years before that so know I can do it again. Have you gone back to the original weight or more/less? I am still a stone lighter than I was before I started CD the first time which I suppose is a plus although would still rather have popped the baby out and been back at goal lol!

Hi Desperatetobethin, I alright at the moment, trying to enjoy most of the summer, I've been going to the theatre and some events. The summer is proving quite testing when people keep on inviting me to barbecues and events that are food orientated. Though saying that, I've found it easier and easier to say no. I'll tell you what really got me though, I watched "70 stone man" on channel 5, which was food for thought ( pun intended), really got me thinking that we are doing the right thing by addressing it now, before it's too late. Did anyone else watch it, I recommend it, especially if you're low on morale.

Hi Misslaylay, I'm so pleased you are doing well, I was really annoyed with myself last week, but fully back on track now, I do find this plan a little anti social but it will be worth it in the end. I've got an early finish at work tomorrow so I'm planning a tough workout to try and redeem myself for last week then a nice swim and jacuzzi. You sound as though you have it all under control now, I think as long as we keep remembering why we are doing this, it's so easy to just continue to put weight on without doing anything about it. I didn't watch that 70 stone man, but might watch it on catch up - I get quite emotional with those sort of programmes.
i have decided that I want to have reached my 100lb goal before Christmas so going to do everything I can to get there (even if I end up having to live in the gym)

x

I would love to join in with the challenge I started CD yesterday so will keep me motivated. Just read through the diary you are all doing fantastically well. Good to have support to stay on track. Been watching those youtube video's ....so bloody amazing!

Lily I am also starting after pregnancy kept it off for 3 years before that so know I can do it again. Have you gone back to the original weight or more/less? I am still a stone lighter than I was before I started CD the first time which I suppose is a plus although would still rather have popped the baby out and been back at goal lol!

Hi Carly, welcome to the challenge, we are all here to support each other.
good luck for your first week

x

Hi Carly1882, welcome to the club! Glad to hear that you retained a stone off despite childbirth, that's quite a feat in it's self. Hopefully the next thirty days should kick start you into it. I'm hoping all of us can really get cracking and lose some chunk! I'm hoping the 30 days will go quickly!

Hi Misslaylay, I'm so pleased you are doing well, I was really annoyed with myself last week, but fully back on track now, I do find this plan a little anti social but it will be worth it in the end. I've got an early finish at work tomorrow so I'm planning a tough workout to try and redeem myself for last week then a nice swim and jacuzzi. You sound as though you have it all under control now, I think as long as we keep remembering why we are doing this, it's so easy to just continue to put weight on without doing anything about it. I didn't watch that 70 stone man, but might watch it on catch up - I get quite emotional with those sort of programmes. i have decided that I want to have reached my 100lb goal before Christmas so going to do everything I can to get there (even if I end up having to live in the gym) x
Hi Desperatetobethin,
Hope you had a good day today, I have to admit it is getting easier, my close friends are very supportive and regarding the anti social bit, you're so right but I figure that once we reach our target weights, the irony is that we will probably be more social than we've ever been.
If you do get a chance, watch it, it got me really thinking and reinforced that we are all lucky and fortunate to be in a position where we can do something about our weights. Let's hang in there, we've done so well thus far, and don't overdo on the exercise, a little goes a long way on this diet!

Hey can I join the challenge please? Days 3 for me today on ss+. Would be great motivation. You's have all done amazing so far xx

Hi kaceyboo,
Of course you can, first of all congrats on breaking that three day barrier because it should only get easier from here, when is your next weigh in?

Hi kaceyboo, Of course you can, first of all congrats on breaking that three day barrier because it should only get easier from here, when is your next weigh in?

Thanks! Today has deffo been the toughest so far. Wi is Monday :) xxx

The summer is proving quite testing when people keep on inviting me to barbecues and events that are food orientated.

Blooming EVERYTHING seems to revolve around food, and you don't notice this until you try to stick to a diet.

We had a carnival week here recently and there were SO many events in the program that were food-based it really made me think about society's attitude towards food and overindulgence and obese people. The whole thing makes no sense. Almost all social events either focus on, or involve food, usually really unhealthy stuff (alcohol, cream teas, barbecues, hog roasts etc) and yet in the face of all this people are supposed to stay slim and get vilified and abused if the don't. It genuinely is a sociological paradox.

And just about every friend or acquaintance will habitually say: "let's go out for a slap up breakfast / lunch / a pizza / fish n chips / an Indian / a Chinese / a booze-up". I have found, all too often, that when I ask if we can do something that isn't food or alcohol based, they say they will think about it and get back to me, then they never do. I guess they went out for a Thai with someone else!

There was a huge banner up near my house lately advertising a day of festivities in the local park. The banner said there would be "Delicious food, wonderful home made cakes, indulgent cream teas, a range of drinks and entertainment". Each time I saw it, I pondered on the way the organisers decided to place the list of foodstuffs as the top priority over the entertainments. Almost like the entertainment was the least important thing, that all this "festival" was really about was indulging in unhealthy, fattening food and sugary soft drinks. And this in a society which is supposed to be worried sick about the growing problem of obesity.

Anyone else noticed this?

Can I just ask, when my consultant was here she put my weight on a card but she didn't give it to me, is it meant to stay with her? xxx

Can I just ask, when my consultant was here she put my weight on a card but she didn't give it to me, is it meant to stay with her? xxx

She has a record A4 card and you have a smaller folded card version. You should defo have one. Text her.

Total loss on cambridge - 3 stone 5lb :)

Back