The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

WOAH!!! How'd you land that kind of summer job!? Do you get to walk the corgis, polish the crown jewels and become BFFs with ol' Lizzie? :D That'll be exciting, it'll be good on the CV too!

Tuesday!!! Less than 24 hours! Make sure to swing by and say farewell! Gonna miss ya!

Bron

Hehe! I just saw it advertised last year and decided "ehhhh what the hell nothing to lose I'll apply for it". And I blooming got the job much to my surprise. Then then invited me back this year too! Unfortunately it's when dear ol' lizzie has retreated to balmoral, they open up the state rooms for the public over the summer. But it's a great job - as you say looks great on a CV, fits perfectly in with the university year, pay is pretty good, they give you a free 3-course meal every day cooked by the royal chefs, and it keeps me from going insane with boredom over the summer!

:D And in response to you saying you'll miss me, come on we all know that whilst the cat's away the mice will play! :D Sure you'll have a great time and you'll be a missus by the time I return! Wowwwwwww!!!!

aaah! i've missed loads, lol.

bron, your post was exactly what i would have said m'dear. very wise lady. i know you've kinda made peace with it now, and i don't want to drag you through it again, but FOLLOW YOUR HEART! i truly believe that when you find the right person for you (and you will know when you have) that you would follow them to the ends of the earth. your family and friends will never begrudge you your happiness and their love is unconditional. they will always be there for you. plus, if you can manage a long distance relationship with your bloke, can you not manage one with your family?

perhaps now it's time to take a very scary step, but one that could ultimately be the best thing that ever happened to you. you'll never know unless you try. don't regret the things you do - regret the things you don't do. i don't want to trivialise such a massive thing, but you don't want to spend your life wondering what if?

plus you know that if things don't work out, however devastating that may be, that you'll always have your wonderful family to turn to :)

sorry, i just did exactly what i didnt want to do, and dragged it all up again! i just think it's incredibly romantic. i'm a great believer in soulmates and if you've found yours, you should go for it!

hope you have an amazing time, and do what makes you happy - you fully and completely deserve it!

Have a truely wonderful time hun. x x

Hope you're having a fab time m'love.

Hi girlies. borrowed an internet connection for a bit, thought I'd say hi.

Having a great time here. unfortunately picked up a UTI (urine infection) but on the bright side it's curbed my appetite completely and I'm definitely losing still! Otherwise all fab though and the AB's/pain killers working a treat :D Been to the beach a couple of days and met lots of OH's relatives and close friends. Off on our camper tour before long, christchurch is beautiful though!

Time to be off, enjoy yourselves girlies!!

Yays!! So great to see you pop by!

Sucks about the UTI, hope it passes soon.

Mmm, beaches and camping trips... Sounds amazing, glad you're having such a great time! Enjoy meeting the relatives :D

Bron

Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Glad you're having a good time in spite of things though. Enjoy the tour. x x

glad you're having fun lovely!

those kind of infections are sooo annoying. hope you're all better now and feeling a little more comfortable :)

take care of yourself honey xx

Have a great holiday Ellie - and Buck House on the CV - Nice one x

Hey hey heeeeyyyy!!! I'm back on the sunny shores of england... Still recovering from the old jet lag a bit but feeling considerably better than yesterday..

Had a phenomenal time in NZ, it was just amazing... Got a ridiculous number of photos (about 700!) and we did some incredible things like horse riding, jet boating, cycling, walking, snowboarding, clay pigeon shooting (ha! beat the OH by shooting 8 to his Nil! :D), swimming with wild dolphins, going on the luge, hot spring spa, etc etc!... Whoa I feel tired even thinking about all that stuff!! It also was a big test of my relationship with OH and I'm glad to say that it came through with flying colours. We had some really good chats about our future together, because of the big decisions that will make, and in the end we resolved to both remain flexible and make those decisions when the time comes in the future.

Anyway. I haven't weighed on return. Maybe I should. I don't feel I've put weight on. I know that when I start properly at the palace I'll start properly dropping weight again, it'll be hard not to. In the meanwhile I'm having a good spring clean, digging round all the corners and chucking out junk, rearranging my bedroom, doing jobs long neglected etc.

Basically, doing well! :D

woo! welcome back sweetie.

glad you're relationship has stood up to it's test. i'm really happy for you! re. the weightloss, the only thing you've got to do now is get back into your normal routine and it'll drop off in no time.

am going on holiday tomorrow, for 2 weeks, so won't be present to drop into your diary until i'm back, but good luck from me!! my weightloss is going okay - i'm in the 10s!!!!!! omg! am aiming to maintain my weight for the next 2 weeks, then jumping back on the calorie counting for the last half stone when i get back.

hope the jet lag doesn't last too long petal, will cyber see-thee on my return!! xxx

Welcome back, babe!!

Awww so glad you had such a wonderful time with your fella :) Sounds like you did some wicked things, I must say I'm quite jealous! Wild dolphins... totally awesome!!

Don't worry about the weight at the moment. Let yourself get back into routine and weigh when you're ready for it.

Great to have you back!

Bron

Glad you had a good time and that things with the OH are good! I'm so jealous of all the stuff you did!!!!
Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. When do you start at the palace???

Hey silence! Well I collected my uniform yesterday, training is throughout this month really. Then we start for real at the end of this month... There's going to be lots of new people on our section this year because there's hardly any returners: only 5 out of 30ish. I was a bit miffed before cos I asked to be a standby: slightly later start but more hours, and a more varied job, plus you're more likely to be promoted to supervisor from standby.. But then I reckon that they needed me more on the section I was on last year because there's so many new people, they need all the returners they can get.

Ooh and I may have some good news... I found out that I may be able to be on the receiving end of about £3500! Long story, basically unclaimed tax. Fingers x-ed.

Fingers crossed indeed!!! Wish I was on the receiving end of that much money (without working).

Good luck with your job at the Palace. It sounds really interesting!

Happy Sunday!

Hi there - just popped over to see how you were getting on x

Woah!! That's a hell of a return! Finger's most certainly crossed, it'll definitely help fund the next NZ trip :)

Ooo, exciting with work! Shame that you're not on standby, but maybe they'll notice the your dedication as a returner and give you promotion opportunities anyway. Hope the month goes well!

Bron

Back