The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Hey Ellie, how's it going? x x

whoops

Last edited:
At the risk of sounding like a superhero:

:wow: Holy Pound Busters :superwoman:

Hey all! Good day today, mostly because I haven't had much chance to eat today :) last exam over. We're all going out on thursday now, but I just went shopping with a friend, then back to her house for the evening. Loverly.
So feeling very holy :)

Yay!! Congrats on finishing the year!! Oo, shopping, good times! Sounds like it's been a good, clean fun kinda day :)

Have fun thursday, and enjoy the first day of the holidays!

Bron

:D I got the watercolour paints out today... I do porcelain painting as my hobby so I have lots of mugs and all my plates and bowls are painted by me... Decided to try watercolour painting and did a painting for my OHs birthday... Here it is, I'm quite pleased with it! :D
ellbells01

Attachments

• img_0009.jpg
    img_0009.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 19
Oh well done Ellie. I like painting too. I draw and do mostly watercolour when I paint but I used to use oils - many many years ago and I keep threatening to give them a go again x

Nice Gem! :D I find painting so relaxing and hours and hours can pass when I get absorbed in doing it. People just don't believe me when I say that painting isn't difficult and anyone can do it, if only they start to look at things in terms of shades and angles etc, not the whole? Then it's really easy to paint stuff and just practice.

I've never tried oil painting? Did you ever do art properly like classes or anything?

I dabbled a little when I was in my teens - I went to a life class where they had live models which was very enlightening! These days I don't get much chance to draw from life - I usually draw and paint from photographs. When I'm in Cornwall I often take pictures with view to what kind of painting I could get from it.

I know a few artists in Cornwall and love to watch them paint - you can learn a lot x

St Ives Fine Art - Limited Edition Prints - John Sim

www.myspace.com/gothicangelgallery

Paintings

Gilly Johns

http://www.keithenglish.com/

Wicked job on the painting, hun! I know you said anyone can paint, but I'm not so good with brushes. I work in crayon (nursery, much?) but I have better control. Your OH will love it :)

Nice new profile pic too!

Bron

aww, that painting is so cute! you've managed to get the feelings spot on and you look really happy in it, which is always something i found hard when drawing.

i'm more creative than arty - i'm a silversmith and make jewellery - so i guess i'm more of a 3D artist :)

when is it that you go out to NZ? will you still log on and track your progress? we'll miss you :(

xx

The painting is really nice Ellie!

I've not got an artistic bone in my body... seriously, my stick men are artistically challenged!!!

I love the thought of seriously challenged stick men - a) They're men and b) They've no right to be so damned skinny x

I've not got an artistic bone in my body... seriously, my stick men are artistically challenged!!!

You & me both Gemma!! :giggle:

Lovely painting hun & I love the new avatar pic too. x x

Thanks jools! :) Wearing my new red jersey, size 12-14 so I'm proud of it :D

Back on track completely today, way under my calories and plan to stay that way. I also decided to stick to 1500cals this week and for a couple of weeks if necessary. Last week I was on 1000 + exercising each day hence the bigger weight loss. This week I'm wanting a STS or small (maybe 1lb max) loss.
So far 900cals today. dinner will be carbonara made with low fat cheese and veg and stuff. Yum yum. It's just what I feel like. Even if that adds up to 500cals I'll still be under my limit so all good.

:hug99: Thank you :)

Back