The 14st Curse: Ellie's journey

Ok I weighed this morning and I'm 14stone 3.5. Not overly happy because thats a STS from the other day: however I do have the joys of TOM at the moment so I think it's probably that.. Anyway I'll be back on friday weigh ins taking my start weight as 14st 3.5. Aim for 2lb a week to start.

I was proud of myself tonight, I had a real battle with myself cos I'd cooked too much pasta and it was so yummy, I had my proper portion size but then was not completely full. I *almost* ate the rest, but I conquered my urge and put it away in the fridge :D. I also cooked a small chocolate cake and only ate one little slice of it. Yay! so I'm happy with today: I must've burned lots of calories today as well as overall I think I cycled about 20 miles, and a fair way of that was with extra weight on my back. So I reckon I did ok today.

Great to have you back in the swing - and on Friday Girls again x

well done making progress with your attitude hun, it's amazing how a positive mental attitude can help your confidence! i'm currently trying a few visualisation techniques with regard to myself. thinking myself thin! hehe,

good luck with your week lovely. keep it up :)

You'll do 2lbs this week no trouble. Great PMA, it's more than half the battle! x

Right. The eating plan hasn't been going according to plan lately:badmood:. I haven't lost anything so far because I've been eating too much. I started toying with the idea of going on atkins, i.e. eat anything but no carbs. But then I thought of the bad breath, not being able to eat fruit & many veg's etc and I thought to myself :copon:.. I don't need to change how I'm dieting at all, I just need a :asskick: and to get back into the groove with the weight loss method I'm doing. It works absolutely fine when I actually get down to it properly.

So. The evenings I know are the most difficult time for me because I'm hungry, less to occupy me and more food around.:drool:

So I am combat-ing all of those. :happy036:I'll make sure I busy myself in the evenings - even if it's reading a book:read: it's better than eating. I will drink lots of liquids to help with the satiation.:party0027::coffee: And I will not keep anything in the flat that I'm tempted to pig out on.

Back in the :character00182:!

:mermaid:

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow. x :D

Great attitude hun. I've come to the same conclusion myself this week so great minds think alike eh? Let's resolve to give it our all next week & see where it gets us. Pact? x

heya hun, don't worry about not losing. sometimes you have to get the head thing sorted before you can make any more progress. i've been reading gillian riley's book 'say goodbye to overeating' and it's been a little revelation for me. it's really helping curb my unnecessary eating (ie. the stuff i dont need - picking when i'm already full etc) maybe you should give it a try?

hope you're well aside from that. how's your love?

xx

Hey :) Well I've had a good couple of days.. tonight I even forgot dinner, hehe! I put dinner on, wandered off and got involved in other things. Realised about 2.5hrs later that I hadn't had dinner! But thought that there was no sense in having a meal I didn't particularly want that much. So had some fruit instead. All good, and I'm feeling slimmer as well: a nice feeling. Looking forward to friday's weigh in and a good result this week :D

Oh rhuba, yeah I read some of the gillian riley stuff. I didn't particularly like it at the time but didn't persist beyond a few chapters to be honest. Maybe having thought about it more I should try it again, before I was denying that I have a food addiction which is one of her main points. Anyway. Yeah my OH is alright thanks :) just wish I could see him really. Ah well at least I'm busy with work. No worries.

Look forward to seeing your weigh in results on Friday x

Wotcha missus!

I can empathise with that feeling, I could do with one of those kicks to the backside too. But it really sounds like you're getting on track again, fancy pulling me onto it too? :)

Glad work's going well, all that cycling will give you thighs you can crush baked bean cans between!!

Bron

Goodness meeee I'm hungry tonight..... I am being very good and not eating. I might get some decaf tea, that usually helps... I'm just looking forward to friday now, I think the hunger is worth it for a good weigh in result :D

Today was good. Hot day though. This evening i've been doing another portrait of my dad's horse. All going fine.

Good luck with the art work Ellie - keeps the hunger pangs at bay a bit too x

Oo, have fun with the horsey! Hit the drawing board myself today, third book nearly ready :)

I hate when that happens, when you have one of those days when you just feel ravinous. Well done for staying strong though! Tea's a good way to starve it off, the warmth is more filling than just water alone.

Bron

Well I've decided to name this my 14st curse now.. Having lost 3lb the week before, taking me to 13st 13lb I thought I'd broken the curse. however last week, I put 1lb on (even though I thought I'd done ok eating wise).. The curse isn't broken yet it seems! This week I am making a really big effort to beat this darn curse once and for all. I accept that in order to get to my goals I usually have to spend the evenings looking at my arm and wondering which sauce to put with it ;).
Hunger is just hunger. And I am determined to finally get to my goals. I have lost about 9lb overall since I've been back but then that's with me stalling and not losing most weeks. I can do this now, I have just one piffling stone to lose, I have a deadline to do it by (5th October: gives me not a great amount of time!). I know I can do it if I really focus and give it my all, just for the next 5 weeks.

On the plus side, all the cycling is starting to pay off: I'm feeling much fitter. I've also decided that once I finish work I'm going to capitalize on my fitness and join the gym: a mixture of gym sessions and workout classes should mean I'll keep this fitness going. It would be a shame to waste it now and just go back to being a slob.

:-D I had a sneaky weigh in this morning. I've lost 3lb so far this week!! Yayness! So just 2 days to get through and hopefully a good result for WI. Means that I have just 11lb to go before reaching goal! yaaaaay. almost into single figures..

Right. I am still a bit edgy about saying it but I think I have this 14st curse licked. If I can lose another 3lb this week it'll take me to 13st 8lb. Which will mean about 3 weeks of being under 14st without freaking out and bingeing, leading to me gaining until I get to 14st again.. Stupid head. But I am so happy to be back in the driving seat and losing.. Today I got a smaller uniform size because my uniform was ridiculously big. Even the size smaller still allows plenty of room for layers etc. Yay!

Good day today. I was very proud of myself, cos I was so so tired and hungry but had to stop at sains to get eggs & stuff (my staple breakfast!). I bought myself a little pack of fruit and not one bit of chocolate or unhealthy stuff. Then when I got home I controlled my hunger, had one bowl of porridge and felt back to a controllable level of hunger - I had been almost getting to the faint stage. Proud of myself for not going overboard.

Oooh and I also bought myself 2 pairs of funky new trainers! One's quite retro I think - tan leather with cream nike tick & bronze colour heels.. I think they're ugly in a really cool way. The other is kinda denim materially. Anyway, very shiny!

Most weeks, especially towards the start of the week I am not so focused with weight loss.. This week I am starting my focus earlier so I'm hoping to get at least 3lb if not 4lb off. It's fantastic to be able to see the end in sight with my weight loss. I know that I want to get to 12st 7lb eventually. That's 18lb away. Conveniently it also takes me to the 50lb overall weight loss mark - which it'd be amazing to get to. So, that's my secondary goal. My primary focus at the moment is getting off 11lb in one month! One month tomorrow and I have that stylist session - I really want to be within a few lbs of goal by then.. I've worked out it is possible - lose 3lb a week for 4 weeks, = 12lb. If I lose more then it's just all a bonus really.
The other reason I want to focus more at the moment and get as much off as poss, is that with my high energy outgoings it means I can still enjoy some treats as part of my diet, which makes it easier to stick to.. It's working so far anyway. Also, in the last 2 months I've lost about 1stone :D it's a cool feeling. I'd put lots of holiday squatters on, but now I've lost them all and more.

Wotcha babe!

Well, apart from that 1lb blip everything sounds like it's going swimmingly :D Well done you!!

All that cycling will give you thighs you can crush cans between! Hehe, sounds ace, go you!

And well done on the loose clothes too, that's brill! Best feeling ever :)

Aw man, when you said your deadline was 5th October and that it was tight, I was thinking "That's not tight, that's ages away!" Forgot we're well into September!!! Yikes!

Keep it up, babe! You're such an inspiration!

Bron

Well done you - you're defo on a roll x

Back