The 1st day of the rest of my healthy life!

Well done Shimsham
Im loving the positive vibes, your doing brill it does make you think about how much you were carrying around before doesnt it?
I've lost half of my mate, she only weighs 7 1/2 stone - she simply cannot put weight on and believe me she trys!
I reckon she eats and i put it on for her! :rolleyes:

Day 31

OOh I don't know where to start! Had loads of thoughts drifting round in my head yesterday that I wanted to record but have been shoved out and replaced by the news of this weeks weight loss - 5 lb!!!

I am stunned!:eek:

Was NOT expeCting it because it has been my TOTM, AND i had a big loss last week AND it was my AAM week...
WOO-HOO!!!

AAM week has gone v. well. Managed to stick to the portions with relative ease and haven't been tempted to eat in addition to the one meal, nor tempted by contraband food, with the exception of mum's buffet last weekend (GRrr...:mad: ).

Today will be my last AAM day till xmas, although i dicussed Sunday's dilema with Summer, my wonderful CDC today as it is my MIL's 75th birthday and she is cookng dinner for us. This is usually a huge carb-fest an she gets offended if anything is left on the plate! I have warned BF to remind her I am dieting and to let her know I will just have fish & green veg. I only hope this will satisfy her and not make her p*ssed off with me. I can't bear the atmosphere!
Also, got an xmas do next friday with a 3 course meal :rolleyes: . I have got out of the starter already cos I don't eat meat and the veggie option is stuffed peppers to which I am alergic (to peppers, not stuffing ;)) and I don't eat desserts when I'm drinkng anyway.
Oh yeah, I have decided to drink. Was gonna have wine and soda but Summer told me wine has lots of carbs and that vodka & d. coke would be better. As that's my drink of choice I didn't need my arm twisting on that one!:p

I have learned that I don't have such problems with self-control so long as I have a set of rules to stick to e.g. green & white week rules. The problems arise when I am left to my own devices. This means I need to devise a plan/some rules for when I reach goal if I am to keep it off. I intend to read the book i bought (when the time is right) and another one that Summer lent me today. Also think I will ask my GP to refer me to a dietician towards the end of CD and see if she can help me to devise some low-carb/veggie/pepper free meals as I am getting quite good at cooking to recipes (spag bol tonight!)

Phew! Didn't think I would have time to log on today! Gonna go reply to some pm's then may get time to read some other diarys.

vodka & d. coke would be better. As that's my drink of choice I didn't need my arm twisting on that one!:p

Well done last week, Jeanie!! I always love seeing the look on your face when you realise just how much you've lost each week. Priceless! :D

And remember - everything in moderation, OK? ;) :)

Have a great weekend (even the visit to the MIL's on Sunday! :rolleyes: )

Missing you on here - you are sooooo wise!!!

LOL thanx for that Lottie - it's SO CLEAR you've never met me!!! :D :D :D

Don't worry, I'm back with avengence. Just been too busy to log on, you know how addictive this site is!

Need to find time to catch up on all diaries. I might be some time...

Jeanie x

Day 36

Phew!! What a busy few day, not had a chance to log on and feed my addiction in ages - almost went cold (xmas) turkey!

Having said that, I have almost finished my xmas shopping which is usually still hanging over me at this time.

And we celebrated my MLs birthday last week. Well that went well...:eek: Took her cards and pressies over friday night and we hadn't told her I would be going so she didn't cook for me (bonus!). Go out of THAT one! BUT he did open a bottle of (nasty, cheap) plonk and wasn't happy when I refused a glass. "What you won't have a drink with me on my birthday?". So I explained that I didn't want to drink on an empty stomach, especially with HER GRANDDAUGHTER in the car. so she gave in! :D

But Sunday was another matter... Went for dinner as planned with every intention of eaing fish and green veg. I had polished my halo and EVERYTHING! :rolleyes:
But got there to find she had FRIED the fish (she NEVER fried it before CD!) and had put an EU mountain of rice AND sweet potato on my plate. Not sure if it's paranoia or sabotage!!

So... I ate it.
Well some of it.
Well, all of the fish and some of the rice. But i did mash some up for baby so that's AT LEAST 2 mouthfulls I didn't eat!

Oh and I had a glass of red wine (forgot how good it tastes! :p ).

And then some bread and butter pudding. Again shared it with baby so that's ok!:rolleyes:

And she sent some rice and fish home with me.
So I ate that too. (See what I mean about moderation Summer?)

Then I ate two chocs ut of BFs advent calendar. Well they were Lindt AND they should have been eaten on 2nd and 3rd.

SEE HOW MY FAT BRAIN (just had to check I hadn't written Brian :rolleyes: ) JUSTIFIES MY UNCONTROLLED BEHAVIOUR!!

BUT

It stopped there.
Monday was a new day and SS began again NO problem!
No cravings, no guilt, no hunger surprisingly!

So there you have it folks. Not a confession, cos I haven't done anything morally wrong, but the truth.
I know I DID have a choice, albeit a difficult one - break SS by eating carbs or offend an ailing widowed pensioner who will be staying with us for xmas.
Think I might put that halo on just for a couple of minutes anyway. :)

Anyways... went shopping yesterday to find clothes for my 2 night out in the next couple of weeks (can't believe how sad that sounds!! i truly DID have a life before baby! honest!!). Went into trusty new look and bought two tops. A size 18 (yes!) and a size 16 (yes! YESSS!!) would have got both in 16 but they didn't have it in stock. Am very pleased! Slowly creeping nearer to the size 12s again.

Been sleeping v. badly and think it's cos I have been worrying bout contacting a friend who sent me an upsetting email some weeks ago. I want to put things right beween us but am worried bout making it worse as I didn't expect it. So after hours of tossing and turning I got up early and avoided it further by doing borin domesticated stuff. THEN I tackled it before getting on here for my fix. I only hope it works. :(

Got yoga this morning so I might manage to relax there now I have tackled that.

Right, off to catch up on some diaries before my clan awake!

Day 36

Monday was a new day and SS began again NO problem!
No cravings, no guilt, no hunger surprisingly!

Went into trusty new look and bought two tops. A size 18 (yes!) and a size 16 (yes! YESSS!!) would have got both in 16 but they didn't have it in stock. Am very pleased! Slowly creeping nearer to the size 12s again.

Well done, Jeanie! I would say that halo is back in it's rightful place again :)

And well done, too, on being a size 16 again! Isn't it great when you start de-sizing? :D

Love

Then I ate two chocs ut of BFs advent calendar. Well they were Lindt AND they should have been eaten on 2nd and 3rd.

SEE HOW MY FAT BRAIN (just had to check I hadn't written Brian :rolleyes: ) JUSTIFIES MY UNCONTROLLED BEHAVIOUR!!

NO! NO! This is GENIUS. You should make it Fat Brian, then everything can be Fat Brian's fault. When you go off piste with the diet it's Fat Brian who's making you do it, and when you vanquish the little b***er, it's putting Fat Brian back in his box ;)

Alas, this will not work if you actually know someone called Brian.

NO! NO! This is GENIUS. You should make it Fat Brian, then everything can be Fat Brian's fault. When you go off piste with the diet it's Fat Brian who's making you do it, and when you vanquish the little b***er, it's putting Fat Brian back in his box ;)

Alas, this will not work if you actually know someone called Brian.

LMAO!!

Hmmm... unfortunately the only Brian I know is VERY sexy and I would go off piste with him ANYTIME!
(Fat Wayne perhaps?? :rolleyes: )

Well done, Jeanie! I would say that halo is back in it's rightful place again :)

And well done, too, on being a size 16 again! Isn't it great when you start de-sizing? :D

Love

*Removing halo and jumping up and down on it in killer heels*

Well so much for 'I'm back on track talk'!

Went to visit a friend for her birthday yesterday and when we arrived she had made fresh soup for lunch AND had sered it up. She knew I was dieting so had made a WW 0 points Thai soup. I FELT AWFUL. I checked the ingredients which (with the exception of butternut squash) were the same as the savoury drink/boullion so I thought 'one bowl won't harm, I did worse of Sunday with no problems'.

How wrong I was... :eek:

That evening I made macaroni cheese with spinach (a firm fave in our house) for BF and baby's tea. I have made this a few times snce CD with no probs but cos I have gone of track this week a switch in my brain must have flicked and I found myself picking! Then when feeding baby I had a few spoonfuls! (I never even nicked her food BEFORE CD! What's all that about??) THEN I had 2 more chocs frm BFs advent calendar, well HE don't seem to want them...:(

Oops! Dunno what happened there but didn't mean to post yet!

So don't think I did any major damage in itself yesterday but I must find a way to reset that switch cos picking (and stealing macaroni cheese from a baby) is Satan's wide aisle to plus size hell.

THIS HAS TO STOP. RIGHT NOW.

So far so good anyway. Had a cappucino shake and 1l of water. Not that I as tempted by gloopy baby cereal. Looks even less apealing than wallpaper paste!

Off out to finish xmas shopping today and then visit sick friend at hospital - no chance of HER expecting me to eat, tho i'd quite like a quick go on her oxygen pipe, tha'ts one of the few pleasures I remember bout childbirth! :p

got a night in to myself tonight so might get to catch up on some more threads.

Came to nose at ur diary!

Hi Jeanie

Thought i'd find ur diary, so I can add my not always helpful comments!

U see at least u have a baby which generally eats edible food... i remember a few weeks ago.. when the dog food even looked tempting!!!!!!!!! I had bought him a treat, one of those sunday dinner dog food tins, with meat and veg in it... looked v appetising!!!!! Luckily I did refrain.. i haven't quite got that desperate yet!!!!

Right.. err Gym!! Catch u laters

Hi Jeanie,

First of all, look at your fantastic, consistent loss!! Even in AAM week - well done!! And also, well done for being so honest about any mishaps that you have had - that very fact makes me think that this is definately just a little blip, because you aren't trying to be secretive, you are writing it all in here, so that means that you are still in control, so that means that you can control yourself the next time that you are tempted. So the soup was a judgement call (and zero pointed), so i can't see that it would have done any damage, other than breaking that habit of declining things. And the other things happened, but you can move on.

This is the thing that stops me wanting to do AAM week, because I'm worried I'll get out of the habit of declining things and then start making judgement calls, which lead to other things. (mmm, but thats my issue for my own diary)

The other thing that I think is fantastic about your diary is that you aren't berating yourself, you aren't getting into a cycle of self destuction. You really come across as so-together now and I know that previously circumstances may have zapped your inner strength and confidence, but the fact is, you know that you can do this and you like the positive changes that CD and SS'ing is making to your life and so I'm sure that you will get 100% back on track very soon as you take on that next few weeks until Xmas.

I have every faith that your halo will be soon restored, if not today!! Maybe try to post if you get tempted to put something else in your mouth (oo-er, I didn't mean that, know that you are a vegetarian) and once you've stopped yourself 3-4 times, the habit will be restored!

Chat soon xxx

i remember a few weeks ago.. when the dog food even looked tempting!!!!!!!!! I had bought him a treat, one of those sunday dinner dog food tins, with meat and veg in it... looked v appetising!!!!! Luckily I did refrain.. i haven't quite got that desperate yet!!!!

Hi Kirsten,
Nice to see you here!

Thank you for your very helpful comment. Think that I shall feed my baby dog food from now on as I can GUARANTEE I won't be tempted by that!! :eek: (perhaps they make it especially for puppies?)

Jeanie x

Hi Jeanie,

First of all, look at your fantastic, consistent loss!! Even in AAM week - well done!! And also, well done for being so honest about any mishaps that you have had - that very fact makes me think that this is definately just a little blip, because you aren't trying to be secretive, you are writing it all in here, so that means that you are still in control, so that means that you can control yourself the next time that you are tempted. So the soup was a judgement call (and zero pointed), so i can't see that it would have done any damage, other than breaking that habit of declining things. And the other things happened, but you can move on.

This is the thing that stops me wanting to do AAM week, because I'm worried I'll get out of the habit of declining things and then start making judgement calls, which lead to other things. (mmm, but thats my issue for my own diary)

The other thing that I think is fantastic about your diary is that you aren't berating yourself, you aren't getting into a cycle of self destuction. You really come across as so-together now and I know that previously circumstances may have zapped your inner strength and confidence, but the fact is, you know that you can do this and you like the positive changes that CD and SS'ing is making to your life and so I'm sure that you will get 100% back on track very soon as you take on that next few weeks until Xmas.

I have every faith that your halo will be soon restored, if not today!! Maybe try to post if you get tempted to put something else in your mouth (oo-er, I didn't mean that, know that you are a vegetarian) and once you've stopped yourself 3-4 times, the habit will be restored!

Chat soon xxx

Hi Lottie,

Thanks for your lovely post. Not sure I recognise the 'so-together' Jeanie you describe but I reckon much of life is about convincing others in order to convince yourself so I must be doing something right! ;)

Jeanie x

Day 39

Hadmy weigh in yesterday and lost 3lb which I was quite pleased about considering i had been 'off roading' a couple of times last week. HOWEVER i am MUCH HAPPIER when I lose 4lb or more so I MUST keep that in mind.

Last night I went out on xmas do with the school i used to work at before being employed by current slave drivers. it was in a Comedy Cafe and we had a great time. comics were v funny but no idea who they were and then made some shapes to the cheesy disco music - not my tunes of choice but was appropriate under the circumstances.

Didn't stick QUITE to the no carbs plans i had made...

I intended to drink vodka and diet coke (no arm twisting needed to make me do that!) but they were charging over £4 a glass and didn't feel I could ask people to spend that when everyone else was drinking pints or table wine so yes, you guessed it, i drank pints of table wine. (only joking but I did have wine which I believe is carb-laden :rolleyes: )

Anyway, my fat brain kicked in and said 'in for a penny, in for a lb' and I had a bread roll with a smidge of marg/butter.

Then the main course came and I had ordered samon which was DELICIOUS but i also had some carrots and saffron rice with it cos the green veg on my plate consisted of ONE florette of brocolli!! (tasty but tiny!). Luckily the roast potatoes looked unappetising and possibly frozen ten deep fried so I left them alone. (i know, i know, rice AND potatoes? What would Gordon Ramsey say?!)

Then I had 2 bite-size mince pies and a bite of xmas pud and a couple of after eights. And more wine.

Then it was over, bar the dancing! The night was a sucess tho cos my new boots didn't rub or pinch at all nor did fall over!! Can't say the samefor some of my friends tho... :rolleyes:

Only one person said to me 'aren't you losing weight!' which surprised me cos I thought it was quite obvious now. Then again when I did LL i got embarrasedand fed up in the end with those kind of comments so maybe I should just count my bessings!

Am very tired today tho not hung over (waheey!!) and would LOVE to pig out and make myself feel better by eating toast and finishing the big bar of choc my BF has left, opened, in the fridge (why do men do that??! HOW CAN men do that??!)

But am not going to let my fat brain control me today. No way, jose!

Summer said to me at my weigh in not to get complacent that I had lost 3lb despite not completely SSing last week and this 'gem' is getting me through! She is absolutely right. I also have another xmas do on thursday (tho undecided bout going yet), before the morning of my weigh in, then a birthday party next Saturday so if I can resist the temptation to eat today perhaps i can allow myself a little carb-free freedom on those occasions?

Anyway, have managed to get through the morning succssfully so that's a good start.

Back