>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hey ladies,

Am kinda back, feeling SO much better and feeling super motivated. Have all my meals planned out which I know helps meal feel better about everything anyway...hate chaos.

My friend from group came over yesterday after she finished work, she mainly came over to see the boys, but she got here just after 20 and didn't leave until about 9.30pm...lol. Even managed some body magic with her, we did and hour of doing 'alternative circuit training'...basically one of us would do a dance on Dance central on the xbox kinect whilst the other was on the elliptical trainer, we'd do a song and then swap. We were very sweaty messes after but it was fun.

Dexter went to preschool for the first time in a couple of weeks and he loved it, really needed it after being couped up. Miles has now got Dexter eye infection but still no signs of the pox.

My meals for today are:
Breakfast - Bacon with Dairylea spread followed by a banana (Hex A & B, sf1)
Snack -Half a Cantaloupe melon (sf2)
Lunch - Jacket potato with Mackerel and salad (sf 3,4 and 5)
Dinner - Steak, sw chips, broccoli and carrots followed by Blackberry Clafoutis (possibly with cherries or raspberries too if I can get some before I make it) nom nom (sf7,8, 9 and maybe 10)

Well done on the fab losses, hope everyone's having a good week. Hopefully I'll be round a bit more...children depending!

xMandyDx said:
I have a pot of soup bubbling away... looking forward to a big bowl of it for lunch. SE here I come! Serious making up to do lol

What soup did you make Mandy? And have you had a SE day today? What' did u have?

Kenco said:
Hello lovelies,I'm back after a fab weekend away.Deffo a nsv for me,i went swimming,it felt great to be in a pool again it's been 8 years since i last set foot in a pool,it felt great.Oh and i went in the sauna:D .Had a quick look through posts but will catch up later.Hugs to Roziee feel better soon.Lost 1.5lbs last week,back and raring to go again.Tonights dinner is omelette sw chips and mushy peas yummy!!!!

Fab fab fab Nsv kenco :) so eased for you. Bet you had so much fun too!

Well done on your loss. I'll try to remember to update it once I've finished typing this post but If I forget please send me a PM so I update it x

Chips egg n mushy peas are my favourite!!! X

fatbgone said:
11 speed foods today!

Tired.. my feet ache. Ahhh. Going to go for a run tomorrow or Sunday, off to a wedding tomorrow night. Last night of work til Sunday tonight, yay.

Had some really sad news today regarding a close friend but pleased I didn't reach for the takeaway menu :( I think the benefit of sw is you can identify when you eat, for me stress or worry/upset draws me to naughty food.

What's everyone else up to this weekend? Let's hope the sun shines all weekend!!! :)

Wi for me Monday and hoping for a loss, don't think ill get that 3.5 off for 4 stone but a loss would be great. :)
Hope you're all having a fabulous Friday night!

fatbgone said:
Aww... I used to suffer with tonsilitis as a child, the nhs refused to remove so my dad managed to get ours done with his medical insurance. My mum was so relieved as he had mine and my sisters done at almost the same time, I remember as a kid the pain of my glands etc.. do you suffer often with it? We d have lots of ice cream... Frozen mullerlights perhaps..?Just focus on you. Feel better soon xx

11 sf? Well done you :bliss:

I've had tonsillitis once before this and that was 3 years ago. So it's my second time..

Just been eating toast dipped in tea really. Will see what the scales say on Monday.

ellen83 said:
Hey ladies,

Am kinda back, feeling SO much better and feeling super motivated. Have all my meals planned out which I know helps meal feel better about everything anyway...hate chaos.

My friend from group came over yesterday after she finished work, she mainly came over to see the boys, but she got here just after 20 and didn't leave until about 9.30pm...lol. Even managed some body magic with her, we did and hour of doing 'alternative circuit training'...basically one of us would do a dance on Dance central on the xbox kinect whilst the other was on the elliptical trainer, we'd do a song and then swap. We were very sweaty messes after but it was fun.

Dexter went to preschool for the first time in a couple of weeks and he loved it, really needed it after being couped up. Miles has now got Dexter eye infection but still no signs of the pox.

My meals for today are:
Breakfast - Bacon with Dairylea spread followed by a banana (Hex A & B, sf1)
Snack -Half a Cantaloupe melon (sf2)
Lunch - Jacket potato with Mackerel and salad (sf 3,4 and 5)
Dinner - Steak, sw chips, broccoli and carrots followed by Blackberry Clafoutis (possibly with cherries or raspberries too if I can get some before I make it) nom nom (sf7,8, 9 and maybe 10)

Well done on the fab losses, hope everyone's having a good week. Hopefully I'll be round a bit more...children depending!

Sounds like you had a lovely time with your friend Ellen. Menu looks fab!

Super free so far ;

Apple
Pineapple
Courgettes
Mushrooms
Chopped tomatoes

Lacking on the speed food today... Off to a wedding shortly, going to get a sub salad on the way home so hopefully that'll help..

Thought about wearing my green dress tonight but not 100% sure I look ok in it / feel comfy in it. So going to wear maxi dress and cardi and hope she doesn't mind. If I didn't have my son with me tonight I'd of gone for the dress and heels and downed a wine or 3! But as he's coming with me ill go for the maxi and flip flops but wearing a short sleeved cap cardi which is HUGE for me!! As I worry about my wings constantly!

Fingers crossed it all goes well and no nasty snide remarks .. I always worry about that when out :(

Hi all, wondered if I could join in. It's a bit late but I would still like to aim for 6 stone off by Christmas, would be another great chunk off in my journey :)

I rejoined class 2 weeks ago and my first wi was 2.5 off so next wi is Monday. Could that come off the 6st please?

Is everyone doing a mini challenge in the week too?

I plan to do a minimum of 2 hours excercise this week :)

Lots if great losses here well done x

Super free so far ;

Apple
Pineapple
Courgettes
Mushrooms
Chopped tomatoes

Lacking on the speed food today... Off to a wedding shortly, going to get a sub salad on the way home so hopefully that'll help..

Thought about wearing my green dress tonight but not 100% sure I look ok in it / feel comfy in it. So going to wear maxi dress and cardi and hope she doesn't mind. If I didn't have my son with me tonight I'd of gone for the dress and heels and downed a wine or 3! But as he's coming with me ill go for the maxi and flip flops but wearing a short sleeved cap cardi which is HUGE for me!! As I worry about my wings constantly!

Fingers crossed it all goes well and no nasty snide remarks .. I always worry about that when out :(

Beth you dont even look 19 stones so dont be conscious of your size.. You looked lovely in your dress so embrace it. If people say anything, then let them.. Even when you're slim people will have something to say about something- the way you part your hair, the way you fold your jeans.. bla bla blaa.. seriously hun, relax and i hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding xx

Hi all, wondered if I could join in. It's a bit late but I would still like to aim for 6 stone off by Christmas, would be another great chunk off in my journey :)

I rejoined class 2 weeks ago and my first wi was 2.5 off so next wi is Monday. Could that come off the 6st please?

Is everyone doing a mini challenge in the week too?

I plan to do a minimum of 2 hours excercise this week :)

Lots if great losses here well done x

:wavey:

Jayde I wanted to invite you to this thread for ages, but was too shy too :eek:

its never too late to join! i will add you to the list with a 2.5 lb loss- well done :bliss:

wow- 5.5 stone loss already? :eek: thats fantastic! whats kept you motivated all this time? you will need to tell me about your sw journey :) do you have consistent losses? you must!

super excited to have you on board hun.

just let me know when you report a loss (pm me please) and ill update you.. xxx

Thanks :) I wanted to join when it started but I was afraid of failure. I started my sw journey in 2010 and do well, got to 21.7 and felt like a bloody model, spent a year messing about, back up to almost 24st, but now almost back in the 22s. I'm getting back in the swing of it, and listening to the slimpods is helping me loads :) so not a massively motivating story but I'm in it for the long haul- did not give up, and know sw is the healthiest way to go about it. I'm ready to crank things up again now :)

jayde1148 said:
Thanks :) I wanted to join when it started but I was afraid of failure. I started my sw journey in 2010 and do well, got to 21.7 and felt like a bloody model, spent a year messing about, back up to almost 24st, but now almost back in the 22s. I'm getting back in the swing of it, and listening to the slimpods is helping me loads :) so not a massively motivating story but I'm in it for the long haul- did not give up, and know sw is the healthiest way to go about it. I'm ready to crank things up again now :)

Oh if I had known that I would have held your held and brought you here :) im glad you're here now Hun :)

That is a very motivating story! Just shows how sw is still with us even when we have bad days.. It's still there in the back of our minds and I'm glad it doesn't go away.

What exercise have you started to do? I've just bought Trevor the treadmill so going to start abusing him once I'm over my tonsillitis.

What days do u normally do? And what are slim pods? I believe they're audio classes Right? How do they work? And do they work?

I do a mixti of all plans, mainly EE at weekends and red and green in the week. I like.my extra healthy extras lol!

Slimpods are like a hypnosis track, particularly aimed at modifying learnt behaviours. I need help.with emotional eating and these are the only things that have helped so far. I combine them with sw because I need a healthy eating structure and it means I know I will lose weight rather than guess what to have.

I do aquafit twice a week and I love it, but planning on starting the Leslie sansone walking at home stuff.

I am scared of losing more weight but I want to be healthy so I'm taking it a step at a time and hoping this thread will keep me going.

I've had tonsilitis too this week! Still not 100% but getting there. I seem to get it all the time!

jayde1148 said:
I do a mixti of all plans, mainly EE at weekends and red and green in the week. I like.my extra healthy extras lol!

Slimpods are like a hypnosis track, particularly aimed at modifying learnt behaviours. I need help.with emotional eating and these are the only things that have helped so far. I combine them with sw because I need a healthy eating structure and it means I know I will lose weight rather than guess what to have.

I do aquafit twice a week and I love it, but planning on starting the Leslie sansone walking at home stuff.

I am scared of losing more weight but I want to be healthy so I'm taking it a step at a time and hoping this thread will keep me going.

I've had tonsilitis too this week! Still not 100% but getting there. I seem to get it all the time!

I've only ever done EE.. I have pcos and should really do red days but I enjoy some sort of meat and carbs with lunch and supper lol

I've heard lots of good things about the pods- how often do u listen to them?

Oh I would love to be brave enough to go swimming but not at this weight :(

Oh no you've had horrible tonsils too? Luckily I went to the doctors as soon as I got the swollen glands so I'm on penicillin now- its giving me awful heartburn though :S I have white spots on that dangly thing at the back of the mouth and tonsils- horrible. I hope you feel better soon x

I'm on penicillin too. I've had it 4 times in 6 months now :( started taking vitamins to try and stop it!

I listen every day to the pods sometimes more than once. They really work in my opinion :)

I never really eat bread any more and don't like rice so red days are easy enough for me but they are very expensive!

jayde1148 said:
I'm on penicillin too. I've had it 4 times in 6 months now :( started taking vitamins to try and stop it!

I listen every day to the pods sometimes more than once. They really work in my opinion :)

I never really eat bread any more and don't like rice so red days are easy enough for me but they are very expensive!

Oh dear, what have the doctors said about it? Have you tried taking zinc tablets? They are supposed to be really good for your immune system..

They are reluctant to take tonsils out in adults, they say its because I work with teenagers lol. It's contagious apparently! But if it carries on May ask but would rather try and fight it off.

jayde1148 said:
They are reluctant to take tonsils out in adults, they say its because I work with teenagers lol. It's contagious apparently! But if it carries on May ask but would rather try and fight it off.

Yeah it is... It's a horrible feeling- I've been feverish and it just hurts! What do you do for a living if u don't mind me asking?

I give advice and guidance to teenagers on a range of issues but mainly supporting those who have left school with nothing in place or with barriers move back into education or training/ work. The neets as the government like to call them :) was a re teacher before that. X

jayde1148 said:
I give advice and guidance to teenagers on a range of issues but mainly supporting those who have left school with nothing in place or with barriers move back into education or training/ work. The neets as the government like to call them :) was a re teacher before that. X

Oh wow that sound so rewarding!

Roziee said:
Oh wow that sound so rewarding!

It's great but not sure how stable at the moment with all the public service cuts! What do you do? C

jayde1148 said:
It's great but not sure how stable at the moment with all the public service cuts! What do you do? C

Ahh yes of course- must be a worrying time :(

I work in banking. I work for a private bank in London. Nothing exciting! Looking forward to going part time next year!

I tried Tyson out earlier- only for 5 mins and it was good. Nice and slow walking but I enjoyed it! Looking forward to doing it properly once I'm better..

Rozie you're getting your treadmill's names mixed up lol.. Trevor/Tyson... Just call it the Trevmill. haha

Welcome Jayde! Well done on 5.5st so far!

Good job on the loss this week Purpleroses!

Well, I'm doing what I can to pull it back after that lunch, but OH wanted a few drinkies for his birthday Friday night. And I had a bottle of wine. There's another 30 syns. Blah. I'm not expecting a loss at all this week, but hope I can claw back a STS.

Busy day planned today. I'm going to tackle the pigsty that's become our bedroom! Clothes, clothes everywhere, but not a stitch to wear lol.
And then I've to wash all the floors and try to clean the carpet on the landing...and if that's not enough to keep me going all day, I have mountains of laundry.
I have written lists for everyone in the house. The older kids are doing their own rooms, and changing their beds and then tidying the garden. OH has plenty of painting to be getting on with... I want this place finished for our BBQ on Friday.

PurpleRoses said:
Morning! 3lbs off for me this week woop!

Have a good Sunday all xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done again Hun x

xMandyDx said:
Rozie you're getting your treadmill's names mixed up lol.. Trevor/Tyson... Just call it the Trevmill. haha

Welcome Jayde! Well done on 5.5st so far!

Good job on the loss this week Purpleroses!

Well, I'm doing what I can to pull it back after that lunch, but OH wanted a few drinkies for his birthday Friday night. And I had a bottle of wine. There's another 30 syns. Blah. I'm not expecting a loss at all this week, but hope I can claw back a STS.

Busy day planned today. I'm going to tackle the pigsty that's become our bedroom! Clothes, clothes everywhere, but not a stitch to wear lol.
And then I've to wash all the floors and try to clean the carpet on the landing...and if that's not enough to keep me going all day, I have mountains of laundry.
I have written lists for everyone in the house. The older kids are doing their own rooms, and changing their beds and then tidying the garden. OH has plenty of painting to be getting on with... I want this place finished for our BBQ on Friday.

I have no idea why I called him Tyson! Lol

How was hubby's birthday?

Back