>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Thank you for the lovely welcome.
I just need to set 2 challenges now!
I aim to drink at least 3litres of water a day and I aim to use the treadmill for 30 minutes for 5 days out of 7.... are they the kind of challenges we are setting? x

dory78 said:
Not a great way for me to start my diet, had some bad news this morning, sadly my uncle passed away overnight and unfortunately as I have such a bad relationship with food and use it as an emotional crutch all I want to do is eat chocolate! I know technically I can cos I don't officially start my diet till tomorrow but not really setting myself up for a good start! Anyone got suggestions as to how to get off the emotional eating?

Thanks
Helen
xxx

So sorry to hear about your loss. I was very emotional yesterday so I too went for the naughty stuff but straight back to plan today and have a very low syn day today..

Every event has a different emotional effect on us, and hopefully over time u will learn not to use food as your crutch. You are starting plan tomorrow which is fantastic and like someone else said.. If u feel like eating chocolate.. Then u can either say to yourself that I will only eat 3 bars and stop (that way u still have some control) or just eat to your hearts content and start plan in the morning.

This is a difficult time so dont beat yourself up. Start plan in the morning and if h have naughty things in the house then throw them away so you are not tempted to eat them...

Lots of hugs Helen x

Bron said:
Hens

We gave some ex battery hens a home about 4 years ago, farmers get rid of them at about 18 months old as their productivity is starting to reduce, and farmers are business men. There is a charity which goes in to the farm, with the agreement of the farmer and takes them to a rescue centre. There are centres all over the country. They have a website and you can "reserve" you hens.we have taken 3 at a time.British Hen Welfare Trust

We have now rehomed 3 lots, some have died along the way, but they had a good life first.

You would not believe the state they are in, they have hardly any feathers, can hardly walk, as they have been in a cage for their short life, usually no bigger than an a4 sheet of paper. The law has now changed so they should have more room, but there are still battery hens being kept.

They soon settle down, and it's lovely to see them learning to be hens, scratching about in the mud. We have a small house that they sleep in and an area of the garden, which they have as their area, we tried letting them roam about the garden, but they took to sitting outside the back door and pooing on the step!!!

They usually lay one egg a day, 5-6 days a week. They stop laying in the autumn when the days get short, and two have just started laying this week.

They are lovely friendly "girls", pets really, and dead easy to keep. A sack of layers pellets last a good while.

The picture is the "girls" enjoying the snow last winter.

The eggs taste so different, and is fun peeking in the morning to see if there is a nice warm egg waiting for you!

Bron

Thats such a lovely story bron! Such a wonderful thing to do... I try to buy free range eggs but can be so expensive!... Poor chickens... Must try some farm eggs if I can find them nearby.. I'd be so excited every day to go see if there were eggs laid lol

emzybop said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, this thread is exactly what I've been looking for. I have 6 stone plus the rest to lose! Please can I be added to the list? My first weigh ins on Wednesday. Ive done slimming world before and lost nearly 4 stone, I then put it all back on through battling depression for the past few years. I know the plan works so hopefully this time I can lose it and keep it off for good. I think last time I didn't appreciate being slimmer as it was never good enough! I'm a bit of a perfectionist so Im trying to change my mindset to get rid of an all or nothing approach.

This thread is fab, its great that we can all support each other!

Of course you can join... I'm sure one of these lively ladies will add you on the list :)

X

*SugarPlum* said:
Morning ladies,

After my lovely meal yesterday, I am planning on being ultra good until WI next Sat!

I would love another good loss this week.

EE day for me today

SF for the day

Mushrooms
Onions
Peas (I don't think these are.. I need to refresh myself!)
Carrots
Turnips
Sprouts
Apple
Blueberries
Rasberrys

If this horrible rain stops, I will be going out for a walk later with Hubby and dog.

Hope everyone is having a nice day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hehe meal looked lovely again sugar.. Do u have date nights often? X

Lily42uk said:
Perfectly said Bron, exactly what I was going to say xx

Dory :bighug: such sad news, sending my condolences to you and your family hun :hug99; xxx

Of course you can my lovely and :welcome: ....I will add you in a mo xxx

Great SF hun and I know you'll do just fine this week :hug99:
We have had lovely sunshine all day, but it is cold brrrrr :bighug: xxx

It's very cold lily! My nose is so cold.. I keep on blowing on the tip to warmnit up! Lol

Lily42uk said:
SF for today:

Carrots
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Sprouts
Blueberries
Satsuma
Kiwi
Apple
Banana
Pear
Grapes

Going to see if my foots up to my 2 hour routine after dinner, will update then :bighug: xxxxxxx

Take care of that foot missus... X

Kenco said:
Have lost 1lb of my xmas gain this week:)pleased with that as I'm feeling really bloated and my *week is late.

Well done Sugar and Fat stuff on your fab losses:D

Dory78 sorry to hear your sad news(((hugs)))

Welcome aboard Emzybob:)

Lily your Quiche looks scrummy!!! I have never made it with pasta.Will be trying this:)

Lucia hope your tummy settles soon x

Have been for a nice long walk with hubby son and the dog.Will be going on just dance 3 in a bit.
My superfree:
pear
strawberries
apple
pepper
toms
cucumber
beetroot.

Well done on the loss xxx

nettie said:
Hi Everyone,
I'd love to join this thread if you will have me?
I set my goal at 84lbs and after yo-yo dieting I am now 100% on plan and my first WI is Tuesday.

broadsbean 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
daisygrubber 84lbs -0lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
emzybop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fatbgone 84lbs ~ 4.5 lost
Fat Stuff 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Fat & 40 84lbs - 0.5lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
LadyFerret 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lauratheloop 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
loonylamb 84lbs ~ 6lb lost
lou22lou 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Lucia Lucia 84lbs ~ 1lbs lost
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
MissClumsy 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
MissSlinky2011 ~ 0lbs lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
PurpleRoses 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
ShinyShimmy 84lb ~ 0lb lost
SugarPlum 84lb - 4lb lost
urbanprincess 84lb ~ 0lbs lost

Hey nettie, good to see u back girlie xx

nettie said:
Thank you for the lovely welcome.
I just need to set 2 challenges now!
I aim to drink at least 3litres of water a day and I aim to use the treadmill for 30 minutes for 5 days out of 7.... are they the kind of challenges we are setting? x

Yep- this week is for everyone to eat 5 SF foods a day and 30 mins of exercise a day... But if u prefer to set your own ghats absolutely fine x

Just joined SW and was shocked at the scales saying 16 stone 8lb so I am definitely in for losing 6 stone. Support very much welcome!!

Thanks for the support everyone! I have found using the online food diary works v well for me, cos no matter how many syns you pretend are in something, the diary immediately says otherwise!

For the people who have had a slip up, you're only human, never throw the towel in!

Hi all,

SF for today have been clementines, carrots, peas, beans and banana (not all together though lol!) still not exercising as still resting due to being ill with Laryngitis, back at work tomorrow (don't feel ready but cannot be off due to previous commitments, boooo) as soon as I'm well enough I'll be back moving around again, cannot wait! :)

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend! xx

Oh I didn't realise a target had been set, I'll join that one then. Today I have had apple, carrots, swede, pineapple and leek but I haven't done any exercise other than typing 2,000 words of an assignment but hey I'll have skinny fingers! Lol x

My SF today

Oranges
Apples
Pears
Carrots
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
French Beans
Super speed soup

Went on a 25k bike ride with OH, took 2hours and I moaned a lot as I am out of practice , lol.It was a lovely sunny morning, then it went black and cold so I was glad to get back!

BRON

Well done on the SF guys.. Bron that's excellent!

I'm happy to say I exercised just now lol

SF:
Mushrooms
Melon
Carrots
Onions
Passata
Peppers

Blueberries
Banana
Orange
Mango
Lots of salad ingredients
Beet root
Stir fry veg
Chillies
Onions
Mushrooms

I'm rather unfit at the moment, I have started walking to work 15 mins there and 15 mins back, that is really tiring at the moment! I need to do more exercise at the weekends. Will post my WI on Wednesday fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Hi All, today is my day one and I defiantly have in excess of 6 stone to lose (Try 10) is it to late to join you in this challenge?

Hi hun and :welcome:, never too late to join, will add your name in a mo and will say well done (don't do good luck we make our own luck) :hug99:
The challenges are to eat 5 superfree foods every day (at least) and do 3 hours of exercise a week xx

Bron 84lbs~ 0 lbs lost
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost

starting tomorrow but not weighing until tues night for the first time, if ok I'd love to join then if (when) I lose 6 st i will be able to have my knees operated on, a big life change for me!!!
I'm on board!!!!

I have to add Beetroot and Parsnips to my SF today xx

And managed to do all my 2 hour work out :woohoo:, foot is holding out fine Roziee thank you hun for your concern xxx

But can you count housework and sex and shopping as thats the only excercise I do :8855:

starting tomorrow but not weighing until tues night for the first time, if ok I'd love to join then if (when) I lose 6 st i will be able to have my knees operated on, a big life change for me!!!
I'm on board!!!!

:welcome: blodwen, join when you're ready hun, just add your name to the list and well done, as I expplained before i don't do good luck xx:hug99:xx

Hello

I have lost 5 .5 lbs, so have lost what I gained at Christmas!!!

Have a good day

Love BRON

Bron 84lbs~ 5.5 lost 78.5 to go
dory78 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
Elaine 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost
JaneB 84lbs ~ 2lbs lost
Karnak 84lbs -0lbs lost
Kenco 84lbs~0lbs lost
Lily42uk 89lbs ~+5lbs
marzie30 84lb ~ 0lb lost
melh 84lb ~ 3lb lost
Nettie 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
rialrees 84lb ~ +5lb
Roziee 84lb ~ 0lbs lost
Wannamakeitwork! 84lbs ~ 0lbs lost

Morning Ladies,

Monday come round so quickly!!

I am in a very positive frame of mind today! I had a lovely weekend but I now need to be ultra good till Sat morning WI!

SF I have planned for today

Banana
Apple
Apple (I am having 2!) lol
Cucumber
Carrots
Mushrooms
Onions
Peas

I will also be doing my Kettleworx workout, first time one months!!! I think this is gonna be a killer!!!

Have a good Monday everyone! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back