>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Ohhh I didn't know that about the syns, does it increase the heavier you are? Does that mean I'm allowed 40gg or something? ;) :p

I get up at 7am every week day morning and lie in as much as I can at weekends! Lol!

I think I might make some soup tomorrow and I've got a recipe for some cornbread muffins which go beautifully with the soup but I'll need to work out the syns before I make them. Might have to halved the recipe too cos they are very moreish.

SarahCroz said:
Hello!

I came across this forum last year, registered, then promptly forgot all about it L. Yesterday I vowed to start yet another weight loss attempt, I remembered Minimins and today found this thread. I think it might just save my life.

Sounds a bit dramatic really but like many of you here I have a lot of weight to lose and even if it doesn’t actually physically kill me, I’m not living the life I want to. I’ve been overweight for about 10 years and probably every year have embarked on some kind of weight loss regime, often successful… to a point. I seem to always sabotage myself and end up regaining all the weight plus a few extra pounds each time. Sound familiar??

Anyways, reading through this whole thread today one post in particular struck a cord, it was about not appreciating just being slimmer, always thinking about the end result and being a perfectionist. I realised I too had an ‘all or nothing’ approach.

As soon as have a gain or a bad day I feel I’m weak and useless. I’m so embarrassed to go back to class until I’ve lost it again it becomes an excuse to give up. If I can’t go to the gym 5 days a week and work out harder than anyone in there then I won’t go. I feel like I have to do better than anyone else because I’m the biggest and fattest I can’t make exceptions for that. After all I did this to myself, I’m to blame. This is why I fail.

I think over that past year I have started to give up, resigned myself to always being big, it’s definitely not what I want but it’s easier to give up. Reading this thread today has given me some hope. We all have a similar goal, you all seem so motivated and supportive of each other. I don’t want to do this on my own anymore, I would really love to join you and hopefully help each other along the way.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay J Don’t think I’ve ever said any of this out loud, it’s been therapeutic J

So 84lbs… doesn’t sound a lot if you say it quick! J

It's nice to see we have something in common :) welcome!

Yeah when I first joined I was 19 stone 5.5 and my consultant called me the next morning to say that anyone over 16 stone can have up to 20 syns per day, she didn't tell me in class as she was worried I would be embarrassed. I have always varied between 10 and 20 syns per day, I now weigh 16 stone 9lbs some days I will use the extra syns but now I tend not to as I only have them for another 9.5 lbs lol

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Roziee said:
Very hurried post..

Well done for all the losers..

Of course you can join if u have 5 stones to lose :) x

I've lost 5.5 lbs this week!!!!

Fantastic, well done
BRON

SarahCroz said:
Hello!

I came across this forum last year, registered, then promptly forgot all about it L. Yesterday I vowed to start yet another weight loss attempt, I remembered Minimins and today found this thread. I think it might just save my life.

Sounds a bit dramatic really but like many of you here I have a lot of weight to lose and even if it doesn’t actually physically kill me, I’m not living the life I want to. I’ve been overweight for about 10 years and probably every year have embarked on some kind of weight loss regime, often successful… to a point. I seem to always sabotage myself and end up regaining all the weight plus a few extra pounds each time. Sound familiar??

Anyways, reading through this whole thread today one post in particular struck a cord, it was about not appreciating just being slimmer, always thinking about the end result and being a perfectionist. I realised I too had an ‘all or nothing’ approach

As soon as have a gain or a bad day I feel I’m weak and useless. I’m so embarrassed to go back to class until I’ve lost it again it becomes an excuse to give up. If I can’t go to the gym 5 days a week and work out harder than anyone in there then I won’t go. I feel like I have to do better than anyone else because I’m the biggest and fattest I can’t make exceptions for that. After all I did this to myself, I’m to blame. This is why I fail.

I think over that past year I have started to give up, resigned myself to always being big, it’s definitely not what I want but it’s easier to give up. Reading this thread today has given me some hope. We all have a similar goal, you all seem so motivated and supportive of each other. I don’t want to do this on my own anymore, I would really love to join you and hopefully help each other along the way.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of an essay J Don’t think I’ve ever said any of this out loud, it’s been therapeutic J

So 84lbs… doesn’t sound a lot if you say it quick! J

Hello

Welcome

This site is great support, we are all tackling our weight and are able to be open and honest with out being judged by those who have no idea of what a long term weight problem does to you physically and mentally.

We all know that it is a roller coaster journey to our targets, you will not find any criticism here, just support when it's most needed, friendly banter, lots of advice from minimims in the same situation.

Even a tiny loss will start to make you feel in control and well in yourself.

Good luck, start living your slimming journey, take it one day at a time, life is for living, what ever size we are.

BRON

MissSlinky2011 said:
No we want a surprise :D my husband would like a boy though lol, I just want a healthy baby I don't care what sex. I work with people who have learning difficulties and I know their daily struggles and pray my baby boy or girl is just healthy. Yeah its our first, we were trying for 2 1/2 years I lost 3 stone and were pregnant hurah! My husband is only 11 stone wet through lol.

I also wanted to add to everyone who weighs 16 stone +, you do know you are allowed 15 to 20 syns per day taking it down when you hit the 15s?

X x x

Hello

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it all goes well, will you carry on with SW until the baby is born? I just ate and ate when I was pregnant and was depressed when I still looked pregnant and baby was 3 months old!!

Good luck, look forward to hearing how you "grow" this could be our "6 stone baby"

Bron

MissSlinky2011 said:
Yeah when I first joined I was 19 stone 5.5 and my consultant called me the next morning to say that anyone over 16 stone can have up to 20 syns per day, she didn't tell me in class as she was worried I would be embarrassed. I have always varied between 10 and 20 syns per day, I now weigh 16 stone 9lbs some days I will use the extra syns but now I tend not to as I only have them for another 9.5 lbs lol

X x x

Oh ok, I have heard this before I think.. But the C at my group didn't say anything. As long as you're losing that's the main thing :) x

snazzysazy said:
Count me in! Need to loose those wobbles

Welcome snazzy!

Bron said:
Fantastic, well done
BRON

Thank you x

Ladies, could one of you please update my weight loss-5.5 lbs :D

The iPad takes forever copy and pasting..

Ok I have a question re:syn values, once again I'm getting conflicting info! How many syns are there in ham? If it makes any difference I've been eating Bernard Matthews wafer thin turkey ham, but to know if the own brand stuff is the same would be great
Thanks and have a great day everyone
Helen
Xxx

Hey nettie.. What are you studying for? X

Well done on the loss my love, fantastic result!x

Rozie x

Thanks Rozie.
I'm doing a masters level called NPQICL, which is a national professional qualification in intergrated centre leadership.... mouthful I know! I am a children's centre manager and this course looks at leadership and there is alot of reflection. I have to do 2 6000 word assignments, one is a research project on myself and the other is a research project on partnership working. not very interesting but it may just work towards me keeping my job in april when we get our new funding :rolleyes:

ahhh day 1 of week 2.... i can feel a difficult day ahead! Think i will use all my syns today which i never usually do as i'm never hungry enough but i can feel a hungry day already. off to take the kids to breakfast club then i'm off to work, got a meeting at 11am which will run over lunch and tea will be late as we are going to look at bathroom tiles... excited about that! were getting a new bathroom... its going to look lovely.
My assignment must be completed tonight ready to post in the morning... i WILL do it... or at least I'll try!
Hope everyone has a lovely day, mine will be none stop but Mondays gone so that means its nearly Friday! hehe
Speak later xx

On my way to weigh in! Aaaah!

dory78 said:
Ok I have a question re:syn values, once again I'm getting conflicting info! How many syns are there in ham? If it makes any difference I've been eating Bernard Matthews wafer thin turkey ham, but to know if the own brand stuff is the same would be great
Thanks and have a great day everyone
Helen
Xxx

That does have syns in, all processed meat has syns - you should avoid it like the plague anyway processed meat is one contributing factor of bowel cancer in overweight people (my dad died from bowel cancer) buy proper ham, Tesco healthy choices ham and chicken is gorgeous and is £1 a pack atm, usually you can buy two packs for £3 x x x

Bron said:
Hello

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I hope it all goes well, will you carry on with SW until the baby is born? I just ate and ate when I was pregnant and was depressed when I still looked pregnant and baby was 3 months old!!

Good luck, look forward to hearing how you "grow" this could be our "6 stone baby"

Bron

Yeah I'm going to try and carry on, I've struggled the last week with feeling sick but not being sick and only crisps, crackers and chocolate would help but I managed to sts. This week I've actually started throwing up Hurah, I would rather this as once I'm sick I feel great and can carry on eating lol. Id eaten a 3rd of my weetabix in work yesterday when I had to run to the loo and up it all came - I still went and finished the rest and my banana lol.

The only thing that changed is I follow extra easy but have 2 hexa and 2 hexb. (i think for incidents like yesterday where the first of both didn't stay down lol) to make sure I'm getting enough calcium and fiber and stuff.

I don't think I will lose 6 stone through my pregnancy because I only have 6 stone 4.5 lbs left to lose all together, but id be happy to lose 2 stone overall, another stone when baby is born and then work my but off diet wise from September to December after baby is born to get the other 3 stone off lol.

That's the plan anyway!

X x x

Good luck to you all, I lost my 6 stone in 7 months last year. I don't actually have enough left to loose to join this challenge (well not unless I want to be skinny which I don't!). I'll be watching your progress closely.

Hi everyone

Can I join please. I joined last monday and have first weigh in 16th January.

Do I need to do anything or just post on here?

Thanks x x

That does have syns in, all processed meat has syns - you should avoid it like the plague anyway processed meat is one contributing factor of bowel cancer in overweight people (my dad died from bowel cancer) buy proper ham, Tesco healthy choices ham and chicken is gorgeous and is £1 a pack atm, usually you can buy two packs for £3 x x x

Just to clarify is it the Tesco Light Choices Crumbed Ham? or the wafer thin ham? or would both be ok? I do all my shopping online so need to make sure im getting the right one! lol!

dory78 said:
Just to clarify is it the Tesco Light Choices Crumbed Ham? or the wafer thin ham? or would both be ok? I do all my shopping online so need to make sure im getting the right one! lol!

Both are ok, the crumbled ham is a very tiny amount and it has the same calories as the wafer thin :)

X x x

Just had a delish home made sf veggie soup, basically opened my veg drawer and chucked a bit of everything in, added some chili flakes to give it some kick...... yummmmm... definitely had a shedload of sf today, just need to eat some syns now :d

Back