>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hello

Welcome

This site is great support, we are all tackling our weight and are able to be open and honest with out being judged by those who have no idea of what a long term weight problem does to you physically and mentally.

We all know that it is a roller coaster journey to our targets, you will not find any criticism here, just support when it's most needed, friendly banter, lots of advice from minimims in the same situation.

Even a tiny loss will start to make you feel in control and well in yourself.

Good luck, start living your slimming journey, take it one day at a time, life is for living, what ever size we are.

BRON

Thanks, feel more positive already. I think you hit the nail on the head, I don't know anyone who needs to lose a significant amount of weight or who understands the challenges and don't need to be judged by everyone else. I'm looking forward to sharing the experience :)

So, what's everyone having for dinner? I'm just off shopping and I'm planning to buy things to make snacks. My worst habit is opening the fridge and and snacking on something unhealthy just because! Going to have a go at SW quiche and koftas :D

Hi all, well done on all the losses girls, I've a 1lb gain this week, I was half expecting it as I've not been too well this week with cold and I've not been eating very much and not eating my a's and b's, so back on 100% to night and that 1lb (and hopefully more) will be off next week.

Mackerel tonight pan "fried" in garlic and rosemary with mini cobs, mushrooms stuffed with philly light, mini roasties in frylight,carrots,green beans yum yum!

Super free all of the above plus grapefruit,blueberries and a nana.

Any weighers today?

Hi this is my first post and I wondered if I could join your challenge. This is the fourth time I have re:joined SW, I love the plan and always manage to lose 1 and a half to 2 st but never manage to stay the distance. I have some people around me who de:rail me...it's usually opening a bottle of wine that does it!!
I have been over weight for most of my 20's and all of my 30's and don't want to spend another decade over weight and suffering from a bad back and sore joints (I'm 41!...properly in my 40's!!) would just like to get into the healthy weight range which for me is 11st....I weighed in last Wed at 16st 12lb so 6st is really what I need to lose.
I also have the added incentive of my partner declaring he will stop smoking if I get to 13st (the weight I was when I met him 11yrs ago) and maintain it for a month. I know this may not sound particularly supportive but he knows I hate him smoking and he always keeps his promises...so if I do it he'll have to! and he has listened to me moan about my weight...have some good losses and then put it back on. In the last couple of years I have lost and gained the same 2st three times....if I'd stuck to it I would be at my target by now!! When I weighed in I was 5lb lighter than my first ever SW weigh in...two yrs ago!!
Thank you all in anticipation of some moral support to get me through the year to my goal.
Big love and positive thoughts
Clare x

Hi this is my first post and I wondered if I could join your challenge. This is the fourth time I have re:joined SW, I love the plan and always manage to lose 1 and a half to 2 st but never manage to stay the distance. I have some people around me who de:rail me...it's usually opening a bottle of wine that does it!!
I have been over weight for most of my 20's and all of my 30's and don't want to spend another decade over weight and suffering from a bad back and sore joints (I'm 41!...properly in my 40's!!) would just like to get into the healthy weight range which for me is 11st....I weighed in last Wed at 16st 12lb so 6st is really what I need to lose.
I also have the added incentive of my partner declaring he will stop smoking if I get to 13st (the weight I was when I met him 11yrs ago) and maintain it for a month. I know this may not sound particularly supportive but he knows I hate him smoking and he always keeps his promises...so if I do it he'll have to! and he has listened to me moan about my weight...have some good losses and then put it back on. In the last couple of years I have lost and gained the same 2st three times....if I'd stuck to it I would be at my target by now!! When I weighed in I was 5lb lighter than my first ever SW weigh in...two yrs ago!!
Thank you all in anticipation of some moral support to get me through the year to my goal.
Clare x

Hi Clare
Just wanted to say I do exactly the same as you - I've done so many diets over the years and I lose maybe 2 stone, feel great but then it seems to grind to a halt. I'll lose 1lb one week then gain 2 the next week, then lose 2lb the next week and so on and so on and never really seem to get anywhere, get totally disheartened, have a massive binge and give up :( I'm determined this time to break through the slump and I'm hoping that the other side of that its back onto losing weight again!
Good luck x

Hi guys can I join the challenge too please?:) Now I am off to read through the rest of this thread its obviously very popular 20 pages of replies after one week!

Omg that's amazing well done! Any tips for me I'm still in week one and need all the help I can get!

cariadfaith said:
Hey hope it's not too late to join??

I love the idea of these mini challenges - I need things like this to keep me on track!

Course not :) join away x

nettie said:
Thanks Rozie.
I'm doing a masters level called NPQICL, which is a national professional qualification in intergrated centre leadership.... mouthful I know! I am a children's centre manager and this course looks at leadership and there is alot of reflection. I have to do 2 6000 word assignments, one is a research project on myself and the other is a research project on partnership working. not very interesting but it may just work towards me keeping my job in april when we get our new funding :rolleyes:

I miss studying so much. I'm sure you will do brilliantly in it :)

nettie said:
ahhh day 1 of week 2.... i can feel a difficult day ahead! Think i will use all my syns today which i never usually do as i'm never hungry enough but i can feel a hungry day already. off to take the kids to breakfast club then i'm off to work, got a meeting at 11am which will run over lunch and tea will be late as we are going to look at bathroom tiles... excited about that! were getting a new bathroom... its going to look lovely.
My assignment must be completed tonight ready to post in the morning... i WILL do it... or at least I'll try!
Hope everyone has a lovely day, mine will be none stop but Mondays gone so that means its nearly Friday! hehe
Speak later xx

New bathroom? Exciting times!

mrsthunderbolt said:
Good luck to you all, I lost my 6 stone in 7 months last year. I don't actually have enough left to loose to join this challenge (well not unless I want to be skinny which I don't!). I'll be watching your progress closely.

6 stones in 7 months mrs??? How did you do that! Do tell us please!!!

Size 16 Will Do said:
Hi everyone

Can I join please. I joined last monday and have first weigh in 16th January.

Do I need to do anything or just post on here?

Thanks x x

Of course you can darling x

sallyannetag said:
Hey would it be ok for me to join this challenge?

Climb aboard Sally! Add ur name to the list and away we go!

dory78 said:
Just had a delish home made sf veggie soup, basically opened my veg drawer and chucked a bit of everything in, added some chili flakes to give it some kick...... yummmmm... definitely had a shedload of sf today, just need to eat some syns now :d

Well done dory! That's the way to do it? X

SarahCroz said:
Thanks, feel more positive already. I think you hit the nail on the head, I don't know anyone who needs to lose a significant amount of weight or who understands the challenges and don't need to be judged by everyone else. I'm looking forward to sharing the experience :)

So, what's everyone having for dinner? I'm just off shopping and I'm planning to buy things to make snacks. My worst habit is opening the fridge and and snacking on something unhealthy just because! Going to have a go at SW quiche and koftas :D

Dinner is meatballs and sw chips for me.. You'll read my bad food day today Sarah!

loonylamb said:
Hi all, well done on all the losses girls, I've a 1lb gain this week, I was half expecting it as I've not been too well this week with cold and I've not been eating very much and not eating my a's and b's, so back on 100% to night and that 1lb (and hopefully more) will be off next week.

It's only a teeny lb which will come off and more next week! X

Lucia Lucia said:
Mackerel tonight pan "fried" in garlic and rosemary with mini cobs, mushrooms stuffed with philly light, mini roasties in frylight,carrots,green beans yum yum!

Super free all of the above plus grapefruit,blueberries and a nana.

Any weighers today?

I've never experimented with fish apart from salmon.. What's mackerel like? X

peacedove said:
Clare x

Hi Clare, welcome to the gang.. Pop your name in the name and away u go..you're in the right place.. Wen u get to that 2 stone Mark we will push u to the third stone and the 4th and 5th and 6th! Xxx

Dedee said:
Hi guys can I join the challenge too please?:) Now I am off to read through the rest of this thread its obviously very popular 20 pages of replies after one week!

Of course xx

ecblack76 said:
lost 9.5lb in week one ...... can't believe it.

That's Blum ing fantastic!!!! Well done ecblack!!!!!!xxxxxx

I'm writing today off people. Started my period (yayy because they are officially every 6 weeks now.. So I am happy about that.. For those who don't read my diary I'll tell you.. I didn't have a period in 2010.. Not one :( then started having a period in jan 2011 and once I started to lose weight they became more regular :)... however I get terrible pains on my first day and get such bad cravings for sweet stuff.

This time though you will not see me disappear and not post what I have eaten. I'm still here. I will post up what I have eaten and own up to it. I was going to cut the syns off my weekly number, but I don't want to sabotage a whole week. I still have 6 days to catch up and I I'll eat sweet things today if need be and get back on track in the morning.

Day Nine

Breakfast:

2 cheese scones, scrambled eggs and beans
1 pint nas squash

Banana
Blueberries, grapes

Nature valley bar (9 syns)

Lunch:

2 smoked salmon and philly light sandwiches (hex b + 6 syns)

2 Clementines
Apple

Kitkat (10 syns)
Cookies (10 syns)

Another nature valley bar (9 syns) ..

Supper:

Meatballs, broccoli, sw chips and gravy (4 syns)

Total syns= 44 ish...

Wow that's a lot! :O

So 44 syns today! That's like 3 days worth of syns!

hi all
Amazing losses keep rolling in, well done all

my SF today

Apples
Orange
Pear
Kiwi fruit
French beans
Mushrooms
Super speed soup
Broccoli

evening meal was beef stew in the slow cooker with roasted sweet potato, French beans and broccoli followed by a syn free muller light

Exercise tonight 30 minutes on the wii just dance

Have a good evening all

Roziee said:
I'm writing today off people. Started my period (yayy because they are officially every 6 weeks now.. So I am happy about that.. For those who don't read my diary I'll tell you.. I didn't have a period in 2010.. Not one :( then started having a period in jan 2011 and once I started to lose weight they became more regular :)... however I get terrible pains on my first day and get such bad cravings for sweet stuff.

This time though you will not see me disappear and not post what I have eaten. I'm still here. I will post up what I have eaten and own up to it. I was going to cut the syns off my weekly number, but I don't want to sabotage a whole week. I still have 6 days to catch up and I I'll eat sweet things today if need be and get back on track in the morning.

Day Nine

Breakfast:

2 cheese scones, scrambled eggs and beans
1 pint nas squash

Banana
Blueberries, grapes

Nature valley bar (9 syns)

Lunch:

2 smoked salmon and philly light sandwiches (hex b + 6 syns)

2 Clementines
Apple

Kitkat (10 syns)
Cookies (10 syns)

Another nature valley bar (9 syns) ..

Supper:

Meatballs, broccoli, sw chips and gravy (4 syns)

Total syns= 44 ish...

Wow that's a lot! :O

So 44 syns today! That's like 3 days worth of syns!

Being honest is really important, it's kidding yourself which is the thing that will sabotage your SW journey. 6 days to catch up, what's one bad day out of 7, nothing

Tomorrow is a new SW day!
BRON

Hi everyone, lots of people joining, that's fab, we all need all the support we can get!! :)

I've just come back from WI and I lost 2lbs!! :D

SF for today: bananas, apples, brussel sprouts, carrots and clementines! Exercise: walked to and from work and then to and from WI, each journey is a 15 minute walk.

Hope you are all having a great evening! :) xxx

I have been eating loads of filling food quorn chilli quorn casserole beans and massive jacket potatoes, don't feel hungry at all had cooked breakfast at weekend, i am loving this diet so far..... to all new joiners like myself good luck xxx

Mummy Sarah said:
Is it to late to join this trend started sw on 4th jan and i have 6 stone to loose i lost 3.5 pounds today x

Never late mummy :) x

Congratulations on losing 3.5 lbs! x

Bron said:
Being honest is really important, it's kidding yourself which is the thing that will sabotage your SW journey. 6 days to catch up, what's one bad day out of 7, nothing

Tomorrow is a new SW day!
BRON

That's what I'm thinking! That's the attitude! Love it bron!!! Xx thank you xx

MissClumsy said:
Hi everyone, lots of people joining, that's fab, we all need all the support we can get!! :)

I've just come back from WI and I lost 2lbs!! :D

SF for today: bananas, apples, brussel sprouts, carrots and clementines! Exercise: walked to and from work and then to and from WI, each journey is a 15 minute walk.

Hope you are all having a great evening! :) xxx

Well done missy xxx

Wannamakeitwork! said:
Hi Everyone

I hope everyone is ok.

Today is my day four and I have managed to stay on plan!

Feeling so positive wish I could bottle it up!

Cathy

Well done cathy! X

ecblack76 said:
I have been eating loads of filling food quorn chilli quorn casserole beans and massive jacket potatoes, don't feel hungry at all had cooked breakfast at weekend, i am loving this diet so far..... to all new joiners like myself good luck xxx

I have cooked breakfasts most days.. Lol x

cheeselover said:
I started SW on 2nd Jan , have lost 4.5 so far & boyfriend 6 so very pleased !!

Thats brilliant! Bf did excellent too!

Back