>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Hey everyone

I'm at home today...

Had to have stitches put in and they really hurt so couldn't go to work.. So you'll have to keep me company.

Rozie

Hope you're ok, sending healing vibes your way xx

I'm home too most of the day as my morning job cancelled. Think I'm going to get the housework done and cook up some dinners for the freezer. Such an exciting day, lol! :cool:

:)
Awww *hugs* doesn't sound good hun! I'm at work but ssshhhh ;) Already making headway on the ole water front for today, onto bottle number 2!

Ooo, thanks Dory, just reminded me I haven't had any yet this morning. Off to fill my glass now

Hey girlies..

I can't sit but am ok when I'm standing so going to make some cheese scones if I av any smash.. Have u tried them! Lovely for breakfast instead if eating bread...

Hey girlies..

I can't sit but am ok when I'm standing so going to make some cheese scones if I av any smash.. Have u tried them! Lovely for breakfast instead if eating bread...

No haven't tried them, do you have a recipe? I haven't eaten bread for 2 weeks now, that's my real weakness. Can you have the scones instead of toast?

Never heard of them tbh - sound a bit weird if made with smash though :/ Are they free or ....?

-1lb for me!! Please update me Roziee!!! Hope you feel more comfortable soon x

Very pleased with that, been good all week except tuesday when I got told i've lost my job. Had a complete meltdown and ate donughts all day, but managed to sort it out the following day!
On the bright side I am now 4 and a hlaf stone smaller and looking forward to striding in for job interviews (cr*p - just reminded me I need to buy a new suit that fits now!)

No haven't tried them, do you have a recipe? I haven't eaten bread for 2 weeks now, that's my real weakness. Can you have the scones instead of toast?

Never heard of them tbh - sound a bit weird if made with smash though :/ Are they free or ....?

Hey Girls,

here's the link

http://www.minimins.com/blogs/valerie11/9992-cheese-scones.html

they are yummy when they are warmed.. i have them instead of toast in the morning.. so i have 2 scones, scrambled eggs and beans etc..

now some people have now said that using the smash is food abuse so you have to syn them. I dont though. I only have it as part of a meal and not as a snack. If you are snacking on them then i suggest you syn them because you dont want to end up eating loads and loads and it has a negative effect on your weight loss..

They taste like a cheese and onion pasty... very nice.

Hi I have lots to lose...had my first weigh in on Tuesday and lost 7.5 lbs :)

Please can I join in the challenge?

Lisa xx

Hi lisa,

welcome to the beginning of lots of weight you're going to lose. I will add you on to the list very shortly x

-1lb for me!! Please update me Roziee!!! Hope you feel more comfortable soon x

Very pleased with that, been good all week except tuesday when I got told i've lost my job. Had a complete meltdown and ate donughts all day, but managed to sort it out the following day!
On the bright side I am now 4 and a hlaf stone smaller and looking forward to striding in for job interviews (cr*p - just reminded me I need to buy a new suit that fits now!)

yayyyyy well done thats an amazing amount of weight loss! cant wait to be able to say that ive lost that much weight too!! i will update you in just a sec x

Congrats Lisa and Vicki XD

Those cheese scones sound interesting.... Whats the debate about food abuse then? Is it like the whole thing where a scan bran cake could be a healthy extra, but you have to eat the whole thing? lol

rialrees said:
Congrats Lisa and Vicki XD

Those cheese scones sound interesting.... Whats the debate about food abuse then? Is it like the whole thing where a scan bran cake could be a healthy extra, but you have to eat the whole thing? lol

Hi ria,

Im not sure about then scan bran cake lol but because smash is a substitute for potatoes some Consultants have said that you should syn the scones because you could end up eating loads and therefore consume more calories which isn't what sw is all about. I have 2 for breakfast so I don't syn them but to be honest mine onl came to 0.75 syns per scone so even if i did syn them it wouldn't be that many..

Have u tried the scan bran cake? Any good?

Roziee said:
Hey Girls,

here's the link

http://www.minimins.com/blogs/valerie11/9992-cheese-scones.html

they are yummy when they are warmed.. i have them instead of toast in the morning.. so i have 2 scones, scrambled eggs and beans etc..

now some people have now said that using the smash is food abuse so you have to syn them.

Slimming world head office says this is a food cheat and has to be syns, as does using smash as pastry. Smash is designed to be mashed potato substitute any other use is a syn :/

Wouldn't have been worth it to me before but now I get double hexb so wouldn't need to anyway Haha

X x x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

Yeah the smash doesn't have many syns in it per 100g so even if u did syn it like I said it'd only be 1 syn per scone if that..

Roziee said:
Yeah the smash doesn't have many syns in it per 100g so even if u did syn it like I said it'd only be 1 syn per scone if that..

True but if you have 2 a day that's and extra 14 syns a week which is a whole days worth of syns x x x

MissSlinky2011 said:
True but if you have 2 a day that's and extra 14 syns a week which is a whole days worth of syns x x x

True, but it hasn't affected my weight loss so im okay for now. The minute it does I'll start syning them.

I think some sw rules are silly.. Like mashed bananas are synned- so having them in milkshakes would need to be synned.. But on a normal day i could have 2-3 bananas and I wouldn't syn them.. But if I have 1 banana in a milkshake I have to syn it? Sw has to be responsible and ensure that people don't go silly with their food.. But some people gain weight with eating loads if grapes but they will never be synned after a certain amount you've eaten.

Thanks Roziee back on track now ready to face the challenge lost it for a week or two think it was the January Blues. xx

I know that feeling :( doesn't help its absolutely bucketing it down today :(

Back