>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Flipping heck! I'm still here :eek:

This place is addictive!

Must go do summat! lol

:bolt:

If you are eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg, and drinking plenty of water constipation should not be a problem.

calcium can be obtained from other foods as well such as yogharts or if you are really worried can be supplemented

pregnancy will make a difference to your needs as obviously the body is going to require more energy and calcium as the baby develops.

It is not unusual for consultants to have differant views on things either

but just for the record this is slimming worlds advice on the question do i have to eat my healthy extras and if i don't will effect my weight loss

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

taken from sw web sight faq section about 2 mins ago

hope that puts the argument to bed

Just read through the last few pages...

Miss Slinky, I also don't wish to add fuel to the fire but I do feel that you have over reacted to this issue. This forum is a place to chat, discuss and try to help each other in our weight loss. Slimming World is a 'plan' for healthy eating for life. I seriously doubt anyone of us would take people's interpretations of it or comments as 'gospel', and lets face it the advice from health professionals and even Slimming World changes from time to time. As adults we just need to apply a bit of common sense try to stay as close to the plan as we can. If things aren't working and we are not losing weight then we can re-evaluate what we're doing. Even if we don't follow the plan to the letter it's probably a lot better than the unhealthy eating habits that got us ALL to this point where we have a lot of weight to lose. I don't think it helps to have someone constantly correcting every little thing.

I think it's quite irresponsible to suggest that by not eating certain things you will become "seriously ill", "stop your weight loss" or not have a healthy baby. I'm pretty sure the majority of mothers of healthy babies in the world are/were NOT following Slimming World!

Last edited:
Well it sounds like we're having a big debate on here, it's a bit strange when u haven't been on the thread for a few days and u come back looking for support to be faced with heated conversation. Just saying.

I've had my usual unsuccessful third week where I would normally give in. I've been perfect for 2 weeks and only lost 4 pounds. On Thursday as the usual pattern of my numerous weight loss journeys before, I got sick on Thursday and ordered kebab. I had way too much to even count the syncs properly, plus 3 unmeasured kahlua and diet cokes.

On Friday I stuck to the plan with no syns trying to think I could mend it, but last night my other half was bored so we went out for a meal. I had 2 bottles of rose, vodka and for my meal I had pâté with toast, then spaghetti in a tomato- based sauce with veg and spicy sausage. I could have made a lot worse choices but then again it wasn't the best choice.

My most successful experience was losing nearly 4 stone with sw, since then it hasn't been as great but what I have took from it is last time I wasn't perfect all the time and I kept going no matter what.

I agree with Dory, I've certainly been where you are before and on so many occasions I've fallen back into bad habits and just put on more and more weight. I'm hoping that when this happens to me again (and it will) that I can make the choice to just carry on with the plan and lose weight even if it is slower, and not undo all the hard work.

Good luck, you can't change what you've done only what you do :)

emzybop said:
Well it sounds like we're having a big debate on here, it's a bit strange when u haven't been on the thread for a few days and u come back looking for support to be faced with heated conversation. Just saying.

I've had my usual unsuccessful third week where I would normally give in. I've been perfect for 2 weeks and only lost 4 pounds. On Thursday as the usual pattern of my numerous weight loss journeys before, I got sick on Thursday and ordered kebab. I had way too much to even count the syncs properly, plus 3 unmeasured kahlua and diet cokes.

On Friday I stuck to the plan with no syns trying to think I could mend it, but last night my other half was bored so we went out for a meal. I had 2 bottles of rose, vodka and for my meal I had pâté with toast, then spaghetti in a tomato- based sauce with veg and spicy sausage. I could have made a lot worse choices but then again it wasn't the best choice.

My most successful experience was losing nearly 4 stone with sw, since then it hasn't been as great but what I have took from it is last time I wasn't perfect all the time and I kept going no matter what.

Hey emzybop.

I'm sorry you came back to a heated debate.

It's all about support and weight loss though, that's why I made this thread and it will continue for as long as I can help it :)

Don't worry about the off days, did you have a nice time? Someone said this on another thread..

If one of your car tyre was flat, u wouldn't go and slash the other ones would you?

Its just one or two days of being off plan.. You will lose this weight but instead of being upset about it, learn from the experience.

When hubby wants to out for a meal I always ensure there's a mix grill on the menu to ensure that I can ensure lots of yummy low syn meat (or free depending on how it's made) with lots of salad and plain boiled rice..
As for the alcohol, someone else may be able to give you some on how to cut back, I don't drink...

Chin up my darling. Everyone has days like these.. Xx

dory78 said:
I sometimes wonder if my daughter is actually underweight, she's a proper lanky bean pole! I hope she continues to be slim all her life and my constant dieting doesn't affect her detrimentally :(

I'm sure she won't.. As long as she sees you doing what you are doing now she will be super proud.

Kenco said:
Afternoon:) 1lb off for me only got half a pound to go then i'm back to where i was before xmas;) woo hooo!!

Okay all i'm going to say is I follow red and green days,not always do i have both hex's,sometimes i do sometimes i don't.It hasn't affected my losses!!!

Congrats on doing rfl.x

I'll update your loss kenco, well done my darling :)

broadsbean said:
If you are eating plenty of fresh fruit and veg, and drinking plenty of water constipation should not be a problem.

calcium can be obtained from other foods as well such as yogharts or if you are really worried can be supplemented

pregnancy will make a difference to your needs as obviously the body is going to require more energy and calcium as the baby develops.

It is not unusual for consultants to have differant views on things either

but just for the record this is slimming worlds advice on the question do i have to eat my healthy extras and if i don't will effect my weight loss

A: It won't affect your weight loss if you don't take all your Healthy Extra choices. However, the Healthy Extra section is there to ensure a balanced diet, so from a health point of view we recommend that you enjoy all your Healthy Extras each day.

taken from sw web sight faq section about 2 mins ago

hope that puts the argument to bed

Thank you beany.. I was going to post this up too now.

Dory, you have your answer now :)

Hi I would love to be part of this challenge I was 19.9 stone now 17.7 but need to lose anothe 6 stone and could do with all the help and encouragement I can get I can no longer afford to do S/W on line so am hoping for all of your help please XX

Well, I'm gone for a few hours and look what happens lol

I'm still feeling great about this challenge and really think its helped give me my diet mojo back so I'm still aiming fur the 4lb loss I set myself on Wednesday and I'm actually looking forward to wi to see how well I've done!

Debate aside I hope everyone's doing well and having a nice weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you very much for your kindness Dory and Rozie it's life-saving to have such support! I will do this no matter how long it takes. After all what choice have I got? Go off plan totally (again) and put even more weight on. I think not this time. Thank you x

fostermum said:
Hi I would love to be part of this challenge I was 19.9 stone now 17.7 but need to lose anothe 6 stone and could do with all the help and encouragement I can get I can no longer afford to do S/W on line so am hoping for all of your help please XX

Hi fostermum...

Would love to hear your stories about being a foster mum. Must be such a rewarding yet challenging thing to do.

I will add u on to the list in a sec x

Emmey1 said:
Well, I'm gone for a few hours and look what happens lol

I'm still feeling great about this challenge and really think its helped give me my diet mojo back so I'm still aiming fur the 4lb loss I set myself on Wednesday and I'm actually looking forward to wi to see how well I've done!

Debate aside I hope everyone's doing well and having a nice weekend :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yes you will for sure xx

emzybop said:
Thank you very much for your kindness Dory and Rozie it's life-saving to have such support! I will do this no matter how long it takes. After all what choice have I got? Go off plan totally (again) and put even more weight on. I think not this time. Thank you x

Thats the spirit!!!! We are all here to support you x

Corkscrew said:
He is yes! lol I've told him he's not allowed to get married until he's 30!! LOLOLOL

Lol will he listen to u? Aww x

Shall we set some new challenges this week?

Have you got anything in mind?

I've just been looking through some recipes on here. How about we all try to cook something new and post the recipe and a picture?

Or something we can do every day... like increasing walking or flights of stairs?

Or listing our syns? Would help us understand how we use them?

Ohhh like the idea of a new recipe. I've got home from my bfs and found a nice surprise on my doormat, this months slimming world mag! Only problem is my bf appears to have nicked it to check out the recipes and which ones he can prepare for me bless....

That's a good idea Sarah and bron..

Let's do them both!

Post a picture of something new you've tried this week and list your daily syns :) x

I'll list my syns for the day

Sugar in my porridge (3)
Melba toast (4)
Gravy (4)
Ww chocolate pudding (3)

Total syns= 14

Last edited:
Back