>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

@ Emmey- This weightloss thing is really weird. I pretty much eat similarish food each week and have cheated twice in 24 weeks , yet my weightloss is SO inconsistent. I STS the week before last and last week lost 4 and a half. I just looked back in the book and the numbers are all over the place, 2 one week 4 the next, then a sts! One lady in my group loses 2lbs every week, week in week out! I think we are all different and I have started to try and think of my weightloss in a month to view rather than each week.
I had a sneeky peek this morning and I am 3lbs up!!!!! Yet i've been spot on foodwise.

Try to just focus on the bigger picture and dont worry too much from day to day what the numbers say on the scales:)

Its difficult to look at the bigger picture sometimes though isn't it? But lucia is right.. As long as you are losing weight over time that should be the main thing. I know for myself, because I want to lose the weight so quick it gets disheartening sometimes. But it has taken me 25 years to get t this size.. But can't expect the weight to be gone over night.

Chin up emmey x

Thanks guys! I'm just gonna keep doing what I'm doing as its worked for me and just assume the scales were playing tricks on me - will find out Wednesday but whatever happens its only one week and ill just get double the loss next week :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Emmey it's saying I'm 2 or 3 lbs up so i feel exactly the same.. I even know why there will be a gain tomorrow if there is one but it doesn't make it any easier. But will have to soldier on.. I'll appreciate a STS or even a 0.5 lb off lol

SarahCroz said:
Morning!!

Well done Bron and Dory, I also lost 3lb this week. Woop woop, go us! :D:D:D

I didn't get around to making the roulade in the end but looking at the pics, I'll definitely have a go at some point this week, looks yummy.

Have a good day everyone x

Thank you, and well done to you!

Roziee said:
I was just doing some calculations and in order for us to lose 84 lbs this year we need to be losing 7lbs a month.. How achievable is that?! It comes to 1.6 lbs a week...

So this is how it should look by the end of each month:

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

So some of you guys are 1 month ahead of the game :).. It'll help us keep an eye on where we need to be in line with our 84lb loss goal :)

Fantastic idea, it really doesn't seem so much when you look at it month by month. Will you remind us each month where we should be?

paulabeard said:
Welldone on all the losses girls, iv just had 2 teeth out this morning so i dont think i will be eating alot today !!! Il be weighing in tomorrow fingers crossed for me xx
Oh, hope you are not too sore, and that you are better tomorrow

dory78 said:
Thanks guys - really appreciate it, feeling quietly confident but apprehensive.

On a bit of a positive note, the day I started SW I took all my measurements and thought I'd do them again today, not a massive change on most (tbh probably just the way I was holding the tape measure or something) except my waist and I'm still not sure I believe it myself but apparently I've lost 4 inches!!! Not gonna read too much into it, will wait until I've lost another stone and redo them again and see if I've still lost that much or if it was just the way I was holding the tape measure! lol

Hi
Wish I'd one mine, am going to in the morning!

fatbgone said:
I lost 1 lb!!

Very dissapointed :(:(:(:(:(:(

Want my 3 stone award Monday so must loose 3.5 lb to achieve it... So determind!

Sometimes it doesn't seem much, however every single pound counts, they soon add up, and better one off than a gain or a STS
Keep going, you are doing well

Well I weighed at normal time and I'm looking at a STS now - so im hoping perhaps I can sneak in a cheeky 2lb loss by Wednesdays official WI... I could do that - I just have to say NO to pudding tomorrow night at future mother in laws - already convinced her to cook a slimming world meal but she's a right proper saboteur with diets as she can't stick to one herself she likes to tempt everyone else into it!

Let me practice now...
No thank you
No thank you
No thank you

Phew! Seems easy enough, lol!

Hi there,

so many fabulous losses today so well done!!!!!

First day back at work successfully achieved- very weird after such a long time- best bit was my colleagues noticing the difference - and two of them joining their local SW sessions this week!!!

It's catching!!!! :D

Emmey1 said:
Well I weighed at normal time and I'm looking at a STS now - so im hoping perhaps I can sneak in a cheeky 2lb loss by Wednesdays official WI... I could do that - I just have to say NO to pudding tomorrow night at future mother in laws - already convinced her to cook a slimming world meal but she's a right proper saboteur with diets as she can't stick to one herself she likes to tempt everyone else into it!

Let me practice now...
No thank you
No thank you
No thank you

Phew! Seems easy enough, lol!

Good luck saying it!

Roziee said:
Of course bron :)

Princess- that's fantastic!

Emmey, just think about the scales xxx

Thank you, how did you get on this morning?

Doctor said it's inflamed and infected. She was really surprised that the gynaecologist hadn't prescribed me any anti biotics at the time of having the stitches done so I've got some now.. She was wincing jus looking at it :( she said it's not got any pus but the area around it is really hard.. Have a weeks sick note too.. Said it'll take some time to heal... Because she touched it it's quite painful now so just been resting.. Scales are saying im Definitely going to have a gain tomorrow which is a shame but I will still be on track for the challenge which is the main thing..

Roziee said:
Doctor said it's inflamed and infected. She was really surprised that the gynaecologist hadn't prescribed me any anti biotics at the time of having the stitches done so I've got some now.. She was wincing jus looking at it :( she said it's not got any pus but the area around it is really hard.. Have a weeks sick note too.. Said it'll take some time to heal... Because she touched it it's quite painful now so just been resting.. Scales are saying im Definitely going to have a gain tomorrow which is a shame but I will still be on track for the challenge which is the main thing..

Oh sounds so painful, I hope it heals now with the antibiotics.
Don't worry about the scales, plenty of time to catch up; Once your are healed you may feel like doing some walking.
Take care

Love

BRON

Roziee said:

Ouch! Really doesn't sound good hun hope you feel better soon xxx

Morning!!

Well done Bron and Dory, I also lost 3lb this week. Woop woop, go us! :D:D:D

Fab! Well done Sarah xx

I was just doing some calculations and in order for us to lose 84 lbs this year we need to be losing 7lbs a month.. How achievable is that?! It comes to 1.6 lbs a week...

So this is how it should look by the end of each month:

January -7
February -14
March -21
April -28
May -35
June -42
July -49
August -56
September -63
October -70
November -77
December -84

So some of you guys are 1 month ahead of the game :).. It'll help us keep an eye on where we need to be in line with our 84lb loss goal :)

I like this :D Thanks Rozie x

Welldone on all the losses girls, iv just had 2 teeth out this morning so i dont think i will be eating alot today !!! Il be weighing in tomorrow fingers crossed for me xx

Hope you're ok Paula x

I think I'd need my mouth sew
ing up to stop me eating :D lol

It's definitely achievable because we're all here to support each other when the going gets tough. We're all pretty motivated right now so our losses will be good. I think we have to accept it's going to get harder as the year goes on. We'll (hopefully) be getting smaller and the losses will be smaller too. Even if we don't meet the targets the main thing is to keep going. I'd much rather be here next January having only(!) lost 3 stone than give up and put the weight I've lost back on and feel nothing has changed.

Top post Sarah! :)

I'm feeling the same after I hit my 3 stone Mark dory so you're not alone.

I started sw march last year and lost 3 stones up until September.. Before my op I had so many weeks where I kept in losing a lb, gaining 1 etc etc and then from October-starting again 4 weeks ago I gained a whole stone.. So I'm determined to smash the gates of losing 3 stones and get losing some more weight.

I think when it comes to that stage when you are losing a little, gaining a little you need to try new recipes and increase water or exercise or shake things up like trying differently.. We will still be here dory so the only thing I would suggest (which I plan to do as well) is dont stop coming here..especially when we have off days.

Don't be sad dory, we're all here to lose weight and will be with you every step of the way x

I'm the same, but my stubbling block is always 4 stone! lol I start to feel comfy and lose sight of where I'm supposed to be going. Before I know it, I'm right back where I flipping started! :eek:

I agree Rozie, we need to keep coming here and keep going. I'm sure we can all support and inspire each other when the need arises.

We can do this girls! :D

That's great dory... I was supposed to take measurements but I forgot in the beginning..

I meant to take mine too, but forgot :eek:

I can see my 2nd boobies getting smaller though (the roll of fat under your actual boobies) lol

:giggle:

I lost 1 lb!!

Very dissapointed :(:(:(:(:(:(

Want my 3 stone award Monday so must loose 3.5 lb to achieve it... So determind!

Hey 1lb is good! They all stack up ya know :) Well done xx

I'm feeling the same after I hit my 4 stone Mark dory 16st 2lb so you're not alone.

I started sw June 23rd last year and just got my 4 stone sticker .. So I'm determined to get down into my 15st mark which I haven’t been there for 29 years, when I get to this weight 16st’s I tend to go back up again, but hopefully not this time with you lot helping me.
xx

That's right, you've got us this time Jane :D We won't let you do it again :) You've got to stop me in return though because 4 stone is my nemesis too... lol

Hi there,

so many fabulous losses today so well done!!!!!

First day back at work successfully achieved- very weird after such a long time- best bit was my colleagues noticing the difference - and two of them joining their local SW sessions this week!!!

It's catching!!!! :D

I'd call that a NSV Nikki ;)

Glad your first day back went well :)

Well done everyone on your fab losses xxx

Non scale victory eg not showing a loss on the scales but getting down in the next sized clothes :)

Girls... Not happy! Lol

I thought I would try something new and got my old sw mags out and wanted to have something with my salmon tonight... Saw the recipe for douphinoise potatoes and thought I'd give it a whirl...

What a waste of time and electricity! Theyve been in the oven for 2 hours and the potatoes still arent cooked... I don't get it :S I use these potatoes to make sw chips so it's not like I'm using some new types of potatoes... I even covered it for a while with foil so the potatoes could steam and that didn't help...

Luckily I made some mash as well so I had that with my salmon... Lol

I hate it when new recipes go wrong...

If someone else tries them and succeeds please tell me what I did wrong.. I mean it's not a difficult recipe..

Slice potatoes and onions and layer in a dish.

Mix stock, quark and seasoning and pour over the potatoes and cook... :S

Thanks corkscrew, i think its slimming world payback for actually liking one of their cakes lol, its a warning dont keep eating it lol xx

Back