>>> The 2012 Six Stone Challenge Thread <<<

Roziee said:
Paula how's the teeth? X

Bit better thanks, i managed to eat my tea ok lol even if j did look a bit strange eating it!!

I never have luck with trying out new recipes, everyone else shows these lovely pics and mine always looks like slop lol xx

well done to everybody :D we are all succeeding just by being here and taking control of our selves

not had the best day today but i am over it and back on track

good luck tues weighers xxx

Girls... Not happy! Lol

I thought I would try something new and got my old sw mags out and wanted to have something with my salmon tonight... Saw the recipe for douphinoise potatoes and thought I'd give it a whirl...

What a waste of time and electricity! Theyve been in the oven for 2 hours and the potatoes still arent cooked... I don't get it :S I use these potatoes to make sw chips so it's not like I'm using some new types of potatoes... I even covered it for a while with foil so the potatoes could steam and that didn't help...

Luckily I made some mash as well so I had that with my salmon... Lol

I hate it when new recipes go wrong...

If someone else tries them and succeeds please tell me what I did wrong.. I mean it's not a difficult recipe..

Slice potatoes and onions and layer in a dish.

Mix stock, quark and seasoning and pour over the potatoes and cook... :S

I do them slightly differently. I slice them fairly thin and put them in a round med sized casserole pyrex dish with a lid. I squirt a fair sqidge of garlic puree in a jug and add a chicken stock cube and put in half a pint of boiling water and pour over the potatoes and put the lid on. Put in oven on around 180 for three quarters of an hour. Take out of the oven and strain off the stock mix and leave the lid off, sray the top with frylight and put them back in the oven for 15 mins. They are the best ones i've tasted. Not the real deal but pretty good.

Yeah I had about 1/2 litre of water in.. Very strange why they didn't cook.. Very annoyed but oh well..

Tummy is full but dont like to throw food away...

How about par boiling the spuds first? Maybe it's 'cos they're layered it's more dense so they don't cook.

Something that made me a little :( just now..

Was just looking at some of the posts I had created and found that I had created the 19 to 18 stones thread in the through the zones of your stones or whatever it's called.. That was beginning of July... So from march to July (3 months I had lost 3 stones)... Then after that I put weight on and lost on and off and then gained a stone again..

In not far off in getting back in to the 19s again.. And Jane we met back then :) because u were the first person to respond to that thread and look at how amazing you've done :) but it's a little sad.

Oh well. Moan over.

Dont be sad Roziee you are doing something about it same as we all are, try to think forward hun xx

I can relate to that Roziee. I started on 2nd Jan last year and someone joined a week later with identical weight to me. I faffed til august losing 4lbs over that time and didnt lose properly until August onwards when I rejoined.

I've now lost 68 lbs and the other member has lost 129!

You cant worry about it Roziee, it's a very personal journey we take :)

Roziee said:
Yeah.. Makes me feel pants for a little while but this year we will lose 6 stones! Lol thanks girlies xx

This time WE WILL DO IT together!! I will post my (hopefully) loss tomorrow xx

paulabeard said:
This time WE WILL DO IT together!! I will post my (hopefully) loss tomorrow xx

I have faith hun, good luck to you and all the Tuesday weighers :)

Btw nsv's can be anything from dropping a dress size to being wolf whistled at in the street! Lol! So don't forget to share those nsv's girls, they could make your week :d

Hey huys just to let u know lost anoother lb tonight - 11lbs off in 3 weeks AND slimmer of the week :D xx

Do I dare ask what an NSV is???? :help2::lost: lol x

Like Lucia said, it's a none scale victory. Not necessarily a STS, or a lower clothes size per say - just a 'none scale related victory' that compliments/reflects your weight loss so far and makes you feel good :)

Hope I've explained what I meant :) Sorry if I offended you

I do them slightly differently. I slice them fairly thin and put them in a round med sized casserole pyrex dish with a lid. I squirt a fair sqidge of garlic puree in a jug and add a chicken stock cube and put in half a pint of boiling water and pour over the potatoes and put the lid on. Put in oven on around 180 for three quarters of an hour. Take out of the oven and strain off the stock mix and leave the lid off, sray the top with frylight and put them back in the oven for 15 mins. They are the best ones i've tasted. Not the real deal but pretty good.

They sound Yummy Lucia :)

Conside your method well and truly nicked! :giggle:

Thanks x

Btw nsv's can be anything from dropping a dress size to being wolf whistled at in the street! Lol! So don't forget to share those nsv's girls, they could make your week :d

This is what I meant Nikki!! :D Dory just explained it a whole lot better! lol

Thanks Dory x

Back